Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises (46491 Views)

Nigeria Barred From 2022 US Visa Lottery / Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Islie: 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
There was a mild drama at Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, the headquarters of Arik Air, as the Chairman/Founder of the airline, Chief Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, was barred from entering the company’s premises.

Arumemi-Ikhide with some of his aides had arrived the premises of the airline in line with the court order which granted him access to the premises.

Daily Trust reports that AMCON had taken over the management of Arik Air since 2017 and appointed a receiver-manager, Kamilu Omokhide, for the airline.

In 2021, the founder of Arik Air, Sir Johnson Arumemi Ikhide, and his wife, Mary Arumemi Ikhide (plaintiffs) filed an originating motion dated December 14, 2021, and prayed the court that the duty imposed on the receiver-manager, Kamilu Omokhide (first defendant) by section 553 of the CAMA 202O to act in the best interest of Arik Air Limited as a whole, includes the duty to act in the best interest of the plaintiffs (Arumemi and Mary Ikhide) as members of Arik Air Limited.

Arumemi-Ikhide also sought an order directing the 1st & 2nd defendants “to allow the Directors and Shareholders of Arik Air Ltd unfettered access to their offices, premises of the Plaintiff, facilities and staff required for the discharge of their functions.”

In line with the court order which ruled that the receivership of Arik Air does not preclude restricting access to the premises, the Arik Air founder made an attempt to enter the premises of the airline on Tuesday.

However, he was stopped at the entrance by the security guards on duty.

The Chief Security Officer of the airline identified as D Tom-West said there was an order from above not to allow him access to the premises.

In the ensuing argument, the CSO said he is only answerable to the receiver-manager.

He said, The receiver manager gave an instruction not to allow you in. I am not aware of the court order. We cannot give you access to get into the compound. This is the instruction from above.

I’m very sorry that I’m keeping you people under the sun. We have the directive to deny you access. I’m obliged to respect the directive from receiver manager
” he said.

Arumemi-Ikhide had told the CSO that he was not at the premises to harass anybody or cause any problem but to respect the order of the court which granted him access into the premises of the airline.

He said he had a meeting with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Finance Officer that he would be coming around on Tuesday and that some offices should be reserved for him which they agreed.

He said he was astonished that he was being denied access into the premises.

The Chairman later left the premises and proceeded to the MMA Domestic Airport Division of the Nigeria Police Force where he wrote a statement.

He said he would report back to his lawyers who would take up the matter from there.

https://dailytrust.com/drama-as-arik-air-founder-is-barred-from-airlines-premises/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by TemplarLandry: 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hope this isn't victimization.
I feel for him.✊

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Nandoife: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2023
An unfair treatment if you ask me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by FreeStuffsNG: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nandoife:
When you start a company, guard it jealously and do not run it on debt. Your creditors are accountable to those whose money they loaned to you. Even Virgin Founder's company filed for bankruptcy last week. When you owe and can not pay back, you have lost the company to your creditors.

213 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by maivd: 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
This is serious

1 Like

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by slivertongue: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
Trouble everywhere you go

4 Likes

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Blackdeewhy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2023
It is well
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Flapp478(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
It's a pity. God will liberate and emancipate him from the entanglement of Debt and bankruptcy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Triangles1(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
Is it my eyes or something else, maybe the headline is misleading.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by emmabest2000(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
One week one trouble

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by kingofthesouth: 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
Oluwa Bless Me Right On Time, This Song Will Inspire You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2n2D9EKqME

1 Like

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Made2Last: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
A cry of marginalization will soon sound now from ...

1 Like

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by mytime24(f): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Them don serve am him own breakfast b that wink

5 Likes

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by tragergeorge(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
This na big man matter e no concern us

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Pr0cter: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
Lol
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by sofeo(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
What has he done ooo

1 Like

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Fr33born(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
I see
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Skyfornia(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
Big man big trouble... This is to show you that all is vanity... Imagine restricting you from a company you founded. Otilo!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Dittodat: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Until them banned tinubu from entering Aso rock that is when I'll believe this story

Some BRAINS have been banned already. I just pity grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by nairaland2: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Winters23: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
grin
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
grin
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Westerhoffe(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
Sad.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by alizma: 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nandoife:
There is no room for emotional romance, he should go to court to get such access and request the court to properly give notice of such access to receiver manager.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by otunbakolawole(m): 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Baba Johnson Arumemi, just stay retired and let your kids take care of this
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by MasterTeeUSA: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Took it once from NY from Nigeria...never again. One of the most useless airline.. I am not even sure I feel like sharing the experience

Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/drama-as-arik-air-founder-is-barred-from-airlines-premises/
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by casualobserver: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Until them banned tinubu from entering Aso rock that is when I'll believe this story

Nobody cares what you believe. You are just 1 of over 2 billion nonentities that can post on the internet.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Spaxon(f): 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
In as Much as he's in debt.

The creditors are behaving rudely.

It's painful to witness something of this sort

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Underwater Photos Taken At The Yankari Games Reserve In Bauchi / 10 Things I Learnt While Travelling Across America / Some Interesting Tourist Sites In Nigeria, with photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.