Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,190 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Francesca Emanuel Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Francesca Emanuel Is Dead (32927 Views)

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead / Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead / Obinna Okadigbo Is Dead (Chuba Okadigbo’s Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by NigeriaBam: 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
R.I.P
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Ceska(f): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
RIP my namesake, may the good lord receive your soul, amen

2 Likes

Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by DabuIIIT: 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
RIP to her even as I don't know her.

I'm sure I'm her days,principled men and women were in position of power unlike today we're so called sophisticataa human beings bring uneducated jihadists to power.
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Kemimarch16(f): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Rip mama
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Punchline33: 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Wow
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Nwachi22(f): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
naptu2:
Nigeria's first female permanent secretary, Mrs Francesca Yetunde Emanuel passed away yesterday night. She was 86 years old.

Mrs Francesca Emanuel was born on September 19, 1933, in Lagos to Francis Eugenio Aderinkoye Pereira, who was Chief Clerk in the Governor’s office, and Honoria Folashade Pereira (nee Caulcrick), a seamstress. She attended kindergarten classes at the Methodist Girls’ School, from 1938 to 1940; and primary school at Princess School, Lagos, from 1941 to 1945.

Thereafter, she gained admission to Holy Child College, Lagos in 1946. In 1952, after obtaining her Cambridge School Certificate in top grade, she was admitted to the University College, Ibadan (now University of Ibadan) where she studied Geography. In 1955, she obtained the Inter-B.A. after which she transferred to the University College, London for her main degree and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A): Honours degree in Geography in 1959. Mrs Emmanuel had her professional career largely in the civil service. She went through the whole gamut of the various arms of the Federal Civil Service. She started as Assistant Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, 1959-1960, becoming, by this appointment, the first indigenous female Administrative Officer in the Federal Civil Service.

Between 1960 and 1961, she was at the Federal Ministry of Establishment from where she was transferred to the Police Affairs Division in the Cabinet Office from 1961 to 1964. In recognition of her outstanding performance, she was appointed Senior Assistant Secretary, Secretariat of the Morgan Commission of Nigerian Workers, in 1964; Under-Secretary, Federal Ministry of Commerce and Industry, 1964 to 1969; Deputy-Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, 1969-1973; she also served as Principal Secretary, Cabinet Office, 1973 to 1974; and Secretary, Federal Public Service Commission, January to June, 1975.

In July, 1975 she was appointed a Permanent Secretary in the Public Service Department of the Cabinet Office, thus becoming the first female Federal Permanent Secretary in Nigeria. She served for over thirteen years as Permanent Secretary, which took her to a range of strategic and sensitive ministries, departments and agencies. In all these positions, she served with distinction.

Administration, however, was not the only area in which she excelled as she performed equally brilliantly in other areas. A gifted singer, her talent in this field was nurtured right from childhood. She started off from the Sunday School and later enlisted with the Little Star Band of Hope Meeting of the Methodist Church, Olowogbowo. This explains her active participation in the music industry in Nigeria. It is worth noting that while still in secondary school, she won first prize as soloist in many concerts, most notable among which were as Soprano Solo at the first Nigerian Festival of the Arts in Lagos in 1950. She was also a remarkable actress as well as a member of the pioneer group known as the Steve Rhodes Voices, which featured in some of Wole Sovinka’s earliest plays in the 1960s.

Later, she went on to win more prizes in music. She was also a well-known fashion icon who, with the famous designer Sade Thomas, first drew attention to Nigerian fashion and its suitability even for modern wear-whether Western or traditional. Francesca Emmanuel was a founding member as well as member of the Board of Trustees of the Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON).

She has also served on various panels owing to her vast and rich experience in diverse fields. She once served as a Commissioner of the United Nations International Civil Service Commission, from 1987 to 1992, and has also been a member of several bodies among which are: Governing Council, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, 1989-1993; National Salaries and wages Commission, 1992-1994; National Merit Award Committee ,1989-1991; Harvard Business School Award Committe,1988-1997; Governing Board of the Federal Society for the Blind, 1992 to date; Governing Board of Holy Child College, 1989 to date; Board of the Special Olympic Nigeria, 1989 to date; Fund Raising Committee of the Nigerian Sickle CeII Foundation, 1977 to date; Governing Council of the Nigerian Conservation foundation, 1990 to date. She has also served as Trust to various organizations amongst which are: Women Law and Development Centre; National Association of Theatre Arts Practitioners: and Nigeria Environment Study/Action Team. She has been Grand Patron of the Association of Nigerian Authors, Lagos Chapter (Since 1995), Patron of Nigeria Guild of Dancers since 2001, and was chair, National Film Festival, 2002 to 2003. In addition, Francesca Emmanuel was at different times the Director of the Board of some corporate organizations -Macmillan Nigeria Publishers Ltd. and Eco Bank Nigeria Pic, to name just two of them.

In recognition of these remarkable achievements, she has been honoured with several prestigious awards, among which are: Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) (2000); the Retirement Award for Brilliant Performances and Outstanding Achievement by the Federal Directors-General (Permanent Secretaries), 1988; Fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Management (1991); Most Distinguished University of Ibadan Alumni Award for Excellence in Service to Humanity (2000); induction into the Hall of Fame, National Centre for Women Development (2004); and the Glover Memorial Centennial Award for Services to Arts and Culture in Lagos State (2000).

Francesca Emmanuel was involved in the activities of several NGOs and Associations like the Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON), the Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) , Holy Child College Old Girls’ Association (HCCOGA), etc. Hers has surely been a most productive and fulfilled life of service to nation and humanity.

May her soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Felyyaks(f): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
RIP
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by joefelin2345: 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
Rip Mama. I remember her for taking Mrs Carter wife of former President Carter of USA around Lagos State during the latter's visit to Nigeria in1976 or there about. Rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by PureGoldh(m): 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hopebringer:
Oh no Mama is gone embarassed

Now all you "give me" Nigerian girls who are life time members of the "spread legs for money guild" , take a cue form this diva's life !

Knowledge in hiding your crow's feet and stretch mark riden face under 7 layers of make up is not a skill, neither is having sex with 6 different guys a day an achievement!

Learn from this diva's life what it means to be a real woman!

angry

Stupid idiots

Lwkmd....bro..easy na grin
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sleep well mama
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by lorhema(f): 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
Avalancheman:
I just knew she would be Yoruba

Was she married to Bode Emanuel

RIP

Yes.
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Avalancheman: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
lorhema:

Yes.

Thanks.

I guessed as much. Do you know that "Bode Emanuel Centre" house on Ikorodu road, between Ilupeju and Obanikoro
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Justiceori2019(m): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
Haven gone through her profile as posted here, i noticed she is dedicated, brilliant and proactive. May her soul rest in peace. What a big lost.
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
pennywys:
May her soul rest in perfect peace

If mama was a perm sect in this current curruptible Mohammadu Buhari administration her bank account overseas would have worth billions of trillion dollar.
I can bet that mama don't have enough in her Bank account compare to the perm sect of this useless Mohammadu Buhari government.

APC of dumb

For the dumb

Useless bunch of hypocrite

Must behave in an unruly manner despite being in this century...maybe your life should be politized.
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by kayusely70(m): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
God rest her soul
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
God rest her soul
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by tot(f): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Such an achiever. May she rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by segebase(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Rip ..thank God no b covik one 9 kill am
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Goalnaldo(m): 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

O boy see achievement
Rest. in peace mama! Respect

What if i die now wetin them go write about me!

He was into bombing
He managed to graduate from university of Benin ( computer science)
He was living life in the fast lane( as in smoking weed, drinking alcohol, gambling especially virtual bet, banging pussies)

you forgot to add *internet fraudster* grin
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by doggedfighter(f): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

O boy see achievement

He was into bombing
He was living life in the fast lane( as in smoking weed, drinking alcohol, gambling especially virtual bet, banging pussies)

You don mad finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by delpee(f): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
joefelin2345:
Rip Mama. I remember her for taking Mrs Carter wife of former President Carter of USA around Lagos State during the latter's visit to Nigeria in1976 or there about. Rest in perfect peace.

Yes, she was quite active and well known during the Murtala Mohammed/ Obasanjo era around 1976-79.

May her soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Dollabiz: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Really
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by sammyije(m): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

O boy see achievement

He was into bombing

Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Lionhearted: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
pennywys:
May her soul rest in perfect peace

If mama was a perm sect in this current curruptible Mohammadu Buhari administration her bank account overseas would have worth billions of trillion dollar.
I can bet that mama don't have enough in her Bank account compare to the perm sect of this useless Mohammadu Buhari government.

APC of dumb

For the dumb

Useless bunch of hypocrite

She will surely have enough in her account at her death.

Once you are a perm sec you will earn the current salary for that position for life.
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Nickymezor(f): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Rip ma
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by EduBrazil1991(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
That was when merits counts before our able bodied Northerners forcefully took over.

R.I.P mama
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Hushbabe16: 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
The head of our family is gone
My Aunty slept in the Lord peacefully yesterday.

Sisi as you are fondly called, we will surely miss you.

You have gone to meet your dear sister SISI YINKA

Thank you for the good legacy you left behind

SUN RE OOO, SISI YETUNDE
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by greatseed: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2020
Babatunde40:
86 is a good old age. 4 years to 90

Everyone reading this will live to a very good old age with sound health and abundance

Amen
Amen n u too
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by greatseed: 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
What a life.... With all achieved, The only achievement that is above all things in life is to make heaven after death. I hope that crowns all this achievements, Amen
Re: Francesca Emanuel Is Dead by Lamanii22(f): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

O boy see achievement

He was into bombing

Loool... At least you graduated

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari 3-Layer Interchange In Hotoro Kano State, Commissioned / Fulani Herdsmen Migrate To Bunu In Kogi State - Bunu People's Forum / Osinbajo Visits Scene Of Kano Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.