Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon (1877 Views)

Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts / See The Crime Of The Top 5 Nigerians That Were Granted Presidential Amnesty / Profile Of Top 5 Nigerians Granted Presidential Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Benblaq(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli was sentenced to 100 years in prison by the General Muhammadu Buhari-led military regime in 1984, for allegedly misappropriating N983,000 in funds for a road project.

Five years after, Alli died on his 60th birthday on September 22, 1989. The Ambrose Alli University in Ekpoma, Edo State, which he founded as Bendel State University, was named after him.
36 years after sentencing former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli of Bendel State to 100 years in prison, President Muhammadu Buhari has now granted the late Alli a presidential pardon. #HistoryVille

https://www.facebook.com/1778730488905081/posts/2736794106432043/?app=fbl

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by ghettokid1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
Buhari is still the same till now

3 Likes

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by kellidoo(m): 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
Who gives presidential pardon to a dead man....

1 Like

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by ODB2: 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by OdefaGirl(f): 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
And what does this f+ckery mean??
Isn't this the biggest joke of the century?....
Posthumous bail grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Tetrahedron(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
I can accurately predict that someone in the future will also jail Buhari in the nearest future, either in person or in absentia

3 Likes

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by budaatum: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2020

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by seunlayi(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
This current leader is a curse

1 Like

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by oz4real83(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
The FG just realised that the stealing and corruption then can't be compared to what we have now. They were only joking then, now is the real deal. He was accused of misappropriating less than a million naira,not even a million dollars or pounds unlike now when govt officials misappropriate billions of dollars embarassed
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Embezzle money when the only home he has in his hometown was the one he built before governor.

I repeat no governor in Edo till date served the people like he did

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by madridguy(m): 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
shocked
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by GOFRONT(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
For just N983,000

How much is N983,000??
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Dreal1247: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
Audio President
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by ThatFairGuy: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
Gofront jor. You know the Worth THEN? Meanwhile, I don't think Ambrose Alli could involve in such filthy thing. He had just one face me and face you house he built as a lecturer to his name till date. I was opportune to be there
GOFRONT:
For just N983,000

How much is N983,000??

1 Like

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Gofront jor. You know the Worth THEN? Meanwhile, I don't think Ambrose Alli could involve in such filthy thing. He had just one face me and face you house he built as a lecturer to his name till date. I was opportune to be there
the one at emuado abi?

I wept myself when i saw the resting place of a one time governor as he was.

He basically acquired nothing in public fund
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by ThatFairGuy: 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Exactly. Even his tomb looks good than the mud house.
Nothing at all
Mikehot:
the one at emuado abi?

I wept myself when i saw the resting place of a one time governor as he was.

He basically acquired nothing in public fund
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Exactly. Even his tomb looks good than the mud house.
Nothing at all
When I went there i didn't know whether to cry or just laugh at the current Nigeria leaders.

An average council can't even be contented with what Alli had

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Miracle1991: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
GOFRONT:
For just N983,000

How much is N983,000??
stealing is stealing even if it is one naira.
You people are fun of defending criminals but your type are the one that claims that government is corrupt.
BTW do you know how much is 1000000 as at 1984?
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Goke7: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
his children don cash out be that!
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by koffsman(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hummmm Presidential pardon it's cool but to me that's not the top priority right now with all the happening around the world who is kidding who
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by mytime24(f): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
Fake news
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by kalufelix(m): 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
Which kind wahala be this?? Shey make we give abacha presidential pardon too??
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by CodeTemplar: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
oz4real83:
The FG just realised that the stealing and corruption then can't be compared to what we have now. They were only joking then, now is the real deal. He was accused of misappropriating less than a million naira,not even a million dollars or pounds unlike now when govt officials misappropriate billions of dollars embarassed
A million naira then is as strong as a million dollar now. Check the history of the rates.
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by eagleu: 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Let Buhari also pardon Barth Owoh, and the other young man he assassinated on retroactive drug charges!
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by CodeTemplar: 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
GOFRONT:
For just N983,000

How much is N983,000??
Check the rates.
It is a lot.

What folks didn't realize about Buhari was his nepotistic part. He goes against those he doesn't see as complete citizens. So how many muslims up north died in Jail like Ambrose Alli F.?
Same for his current anti-corruption drive.

1 Like

Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by eagleu: 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Then he would pardon Fela for pushing justice Okoro-Idogu to jail him unjustly.

Then, he will explain the 69 suitcases he allowed into the country when others were being checked and seized.
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by ednut1(m): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Everyone who brought bubu back and those who voted him in 2015. Will not escape eternal punishment
Re: 36years Later, Former Governor Ambrose Folorunsho Granted Presidential Pardon by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
Miracle1991:
stealing is stealing even if it is one naira.
You people are fun of defending criminals but your type are the one that claims that government is corrupt.
BTW do you know how much is 1000000 as at 1984?
point is he didn't steal any money

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai: Stop Crying Over Almajiri. You Called 165 Schools GEJ Built A Fraud / Mamman Daura's Tears Forces Buhari To Fire All Aisha Buhari Supporters / Outgoing COAS Sacked Incoming COAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.