Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible (293 Views)

Becoming President of 200 million Nigerians is not Plucking Mangos-Bola Tinubu / Coalition Commends Buhari For "Liberating 5 North-East States From Terrorists" / Both Ambode, Tinubu Are Culprits; God About Liberating Lagosians – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible by Superjazz: 7:13am On Apr 10, 2020
For years Nigerians always complain of bad leaders and govt,the issue isn't that there aren't better qualified candidates contesting for political positions, it boils down to 3 main issues
1.POOR EDUCATION SYSTEM:70% of Nigerians are illiterates,in the USA a high school graduate is better than a university graduate in nigeria, this means that majority of the masses are illiterates and they know nothing about politics and
Govt policies,hence they keep on voting in old and incompetent politicians to win over younger and qualified candidates and rule Nigeria
POVERTY:more than half of Nigerian electorates are poor and they know nothing about government policies they see that to be a competent aspirant you must have money to throw around wether the money is gotten through illegal means or looted the average Nigerian don't care all they care is that,the Oga dey spend ooo na im I go vote for,and poverty make it so bad that the masses worship the evil leaders and see them as Gods that can't be questioned they don't mind collecting selling their votes during elections as long as the candidate pays,this is due to mass poverty of Nigerians and wicked politicians use this to their advantage
TRIBALISM:lastly another major problem that will hinder the emergence of a competent Nigerian politician is tribalism,the average Nigerian see everything from a tribalistic angle and don't even mind voting for an incompetent leader due to tribalism this effect had lingered on in Nigeria for a long time and I don't see this effect going away soon
Due to this factors it would be difficult to for a young and qualified politician who haven't blended into Nigerian corrupt politics to contest and win an election

1 Like

Re: Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible by TANKDESTROYER(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2020
On point
Re: Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible by sapientia(m): 7:50am On Apr 10, 2020
Its not impossible
Re: Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible by dawnomike(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2020
You are very right... and some of we the present generation of youths seem to be worse at that!
Re: Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible by freeman500: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2020
You forgot Religion

1 Like

Re: Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible by Beosten(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2020
You wrote about illiteracy, but you're the biggest illiterate in this thread. You wrote without punctuation marks, paragraphs and you want to tell me that you are literate. Your tenses are very bad, too.

That said, the points you are trying to convey are valid to some extent.
Re: Why Liberating Nigerians Is Almost Mission Impossible by Superjazz: 11:00am On Apr 10, 2020
Beosten:
You wrote about illiteracy, but you're the biggest illiterate in this thread. You wrote without punctuation marks, paragraphs and you want to tell me that you are literate. Your tenses are very bad, too.

That said, the points you are trying to convey are valid to some extent.
Am aware u aren't ignorant that auto correct exists,either is this an English writing competition, but trying to draw attention to specific issues.
It would be hypocritical on your part,to attack me on my tenses.i never told you I had a PhD in English language.let the main points I stressed out get into your head.its people like you that hate to hear simple truth that had kept Nigeria in it's dillusional, unprogressive and a perpetual state of quagmire.

(1) (Reply)

The Oxymoron Of Buhari's Speech And COVID-19 In Nigeria / Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo / COVID-19: ICYMI: Bishop Oyedepo, Others Are ‘contraveners Of Common Sense’ — Soy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.