Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,817 members, 7,831,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo (293 Views)

'some States'll Die If We Embrace True Federalism' / I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG / MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:44am On Apr 17, 2020
Leader of the pan -Yoruba socio -cultural group , Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, on Thursday, reiterated the call for a return to true federalism.
This, he said , was the panacea for the imbalance and injustice in the current political arrangement in the land.
Adebanjo said this during a television programme on because in Ibadan , the Oyo State capital, monitored by our correspondent.
The elder statesman said , “ The beginning of our problem in this country was the military coup of 1966. The people who want to do mischief, particularly our brothers from the North, are cheating us under the present structure imposed on us by the military in 1966.
“ As long as that constitution exists, those of us in the South, who took part in the founding of this nation under our constitutional democracy, would not accept it .”
“ The constitution created local government councils through which they distribute resources . The North is in the advantaged position by the creation of that constitution .
“ This is a country where a section is imposing its will on the rest . They are using false population ( figures) to claim the majority of seats in the parliament . Return to genuine federal structure is imperative in order to liberate the rest of the country from servitude.”
He accused some Yoruba leaders in the All Progressives Congress of failing to speak truth to power.
source: https://punchng.com/nigeria-must-return-to-true-federalism-adebanjo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by SLAP44: 7:45am On Apr 17, 2020
I support you Sir, the way and manner the Federal government is sharing palliative items to Nigerians has exposed the system we are operating. They chose which region or state to give a testing centre or ventilators. This will not be this bad if every state and region can make their money and also allocate their scarce resources themselves.

But my problem is the deception of some southern politicians who has been singing restructuring like a song to oust Jonathan, now in power, those southern politicians are not as silent as ghosts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by zakim(m): 7:46am On Apr 17, 2020
undecided
Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by CoronaVirusPro: 7:46am On Apr 17, 2020
No way!

Federalism is buried and history.
Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by Kingjay007: 7:53am On Apr 17, 2020
Return to what never was??
Just split the damn country and let every zone carry her cross!
Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by orisa37: 11:18am On Apr 17, 2020
SUPPORTED
Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by festacman(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2020
Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by Oladeji245(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
festacman:
why booking space. when we know all you wanna do is insult the old man
Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by festacman(m): 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
Oladeji245:
why booking space.
when we know all you wanna do is insult the old man

No, I will NEVER insult an elderly person for expressing his personal opinion though my opinion in disagreeing with his opinion might sound a bit disrespectful as an African.
Re: Nigeria Must Return To True Federalism — Adebanjo by allcomage: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
That one is over, having different countries out of Nigeria is the best solution.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not In Any ICU In Lagos Hospital- Kaduna State Governor / COVID-19: ICYMI: Bishop Oyedepo, Others Are ‘contraveners Of Common Sense’ — Soy / Nigeria Records $434m Oil, Gas Sales In January – NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.