Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos (70427 Views)

Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by olusma23(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2020
This same format is used by Kastina State Governor na. Returned from Lagos Report himself to Kastina Air force Hospital Died after 2hours Sample sent to Abuja Returned positive.
Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2020
freeze001:
Bottom line is that he was infected with the virus and also infectious, it is likely he infected other persons with the virus and not his underlying ailments; some who get infected may not have any underlying issues or may be managing them successfully until this new invasive infection aggravates their existing issues and knocks them down or out! No need to downplay the severity of this virus...

You are very intelligent. Unlike these people who like to think with their emotions.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by ppogba: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2020
CyberWolf:
As eeh, it’s really annoying. They are worst on Facebook, this pandemic really exposed the level of ignorance in this country.

Not the level of ignorance actually.

It is the level of stupidity.

Ignorance can be cured by seeking knowledge.

Stupidity can not.

An illiterate my be ignorant but may not necessarily be stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by maasoap(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Galaticos444:
and ur country with her useless President are rewarding China by bringing their so called doctors into our country undecided

Even Trump with all his hatred for China is accepting all the help he could get from them. But I get it, it is your president that can never get it right no matter what he does or doesn't
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by idonhammer: 10:01am On Apr 10, 2020
Dont believe WhatsApp lies.

BEANSndPLANTAIN:
What happened to chloroquine and black seed oil. Mixed with honey
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by CyberWolf: 10:06am On Apr 10, 2020
ppogba:

Not the level of ignorance actually.

It is the level of stupidity.

Ignorance can be cured by seeking knowledge.

Stupidity can not.

An illiterate my be ignorant but may not necessarily be stupid.
I don’t know oo, maybe stupidity and ignorance combined. Even people I thought are very learned really disappointed me. Most them are even saying 5G mobile network was brought to help in the spread of the virus, that its 666 bla bla bla, could you imagine shocked shocked shocked ... It was so bad that WHO released a statement this morning to let them know that Covid-19 can’t spread through wireless communication network. Nawa oo
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by CyberWolf: 10:08am On Apr 10, 2020
maasoap:

Even Trump with all his hatred for China is accepting all the help he could get from them. But I get it, it is your president that can never get it right no matter what he does or doesn't
Don’t even argue with that Guy, their type are the ones spreading the 5G link with covid19 and 666 bla bla bla, the level of ignorance is really alarming.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by xpool(m): 10:09am On Apr 10, 2020
JunctionBox:
RIP to the dead. Let's join hands together to ensure this evil does not spread beyond control. May God help us.

Meanwhile, this lockdown period is one of the best time to replan and re-strategize your business for a better output when the order is lifted. Let's do any of the following for you at a discounted rate.
Logo
Flyers
Posters
Banners
Business cards
Brochures
Calendars
Animation
Branded T-shirt, bags and souvenirs in general
Call/chat on: 081-770-39-690
Do you know if you will be alive to do what you have advertised?
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by maklelemakukula(m): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2020
chozzy:

You sound worse than a village illiterate.

So, you're more intelligent than United Nations and WHO ?

Please, stop misleading Nigerians who want to stay safe.
I wish I had the power to invoke COVID 19 on your life for you to believe
leave her, any Nigerian that chooses to be misled should be misled. Nigeria is a great conglomeration of fools, it will not end in 2020. It's only unfortunate that we are stuck here with these "ticking timebombs".
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by mamatwiny(f): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2020
And Governors have started down playing the lock down. Ppl are now allowed to go to church or mosque! The level of spread in the coming weeks will be similar to Italy if care is not taken. The recoveries you are seeing today is cos the cases are few, just wait and see what will happen if it surpass 1000.

They want it to spread so they can follow Lagos to share in the covid money.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Farki: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2020
Yenefer:
Those who helped orchestrate this madness are losing their grip and trying to further the fear and draconian acts! Do not let them, as this is their last ditch effort. Coronavirus is nothing more than a bad migraine in Nigeria

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by seangy4konji: 10:13am On Apr 10, 2020
Rip but he visited Lagos abi

OK naw

Egungun be careful na express u deh go.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Amhappy(f): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Work towards mass testing, isolating and treating infected ones. No. Instead you people are spending money on nonsense.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

True. I don't know who is driving this response and why are they so wicked. Why not invest in mass testing and contain this virus.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by vRendoh(m): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
What happened to chloroquine and black seed oil. Mixed with honey

...you forget to add chameleon urine!

cheesy
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by xpool(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2020
Yenefer:
Those who helped orchestrate this madness are losing their grip and trying to further the fear and draconian acts! Do not let them, as this is their last ditch effort. Coronavirus is nothing more than a bad migraine in Nigeria
Say what you know.
Say what you have evidence of.
Refrain from rumours.
Refrain from irrelevant prattling.
Refrain from playing to the gallery.
Stop spreading fake news.
SAY SOMETHING RELEVANT TO KEEPING LIFE.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2020
Amhappy:

True. I don't know who is driving this response and why are they so wicked. Why not invest in mass testing and contain this virus.

I do not understand. We have billions to carry out ghosts school feeding programs, fake palliatives provision programs but we can not invest billions in to providing rapid tests kits for massive testing all over the country to isolate and treat infected ones early.

This will go a long way in curbing the spread and also saving lives. Early identification and treatment goes a long way to save lives.

May God help us.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by saintruky(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2020
lalasticlala:
Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, has announced that a man died of coronavirus in the state after visiting Lagos.

Governor Okowa took to his verified Twitter account to announce the man's demise and wrote:

"I have just been informed of another case of #COVID19 in Delta State. The individual in question, had underlying health issues and had visited Lagos State in the past two weeks. The patient presented himself late to one of our hospitals with severe symptoms.

These symptoms included difficulty in breathing. He was immediately given the necessary attention by healthcare professionals. Shortly after the specimen was taken, he passed away. However, his test results came back positive today.

In order to mitigate against the spread of the virus, we are fast-tracking our contact tracing to ensure that all those that came in contact with the deceased patient are properly isolated and tested immediately.

Again, it is important that as we work to protect the citizens and residents of our state, families and friends of individuals that are exhibiting the primary symptoms of the #COVID19 virus, do not keep it from the authorities. If you see something; say something."

Fa-fa-fa fowl.... grin

Point to note from the above� report

1. Delta state doesn't have a testing facility. Samples have to be sent to Irrua in Edo state

2. The deceased has been taking treatment in private hospital, so have many other people who may also be corona positive. Receiving treatments in private hospitals, pharmacy and drugs stores

3. The name of the popular pastor is withheld (NCDC stated identities of COVID-19 patients should be hidden). I begin to wonder why when early detection means high survival rate. When UK PM tested positive, it was made public and the royal family went into isolation and were tested because they have been in contact with the PM.

4. The deceased (name withheld) was a popular pastor in Warri, so imagine how many people have come in contact with him. Yet name withheld and they are all moving about without a clue. How will they be able to track all his contacts?

Please stay save... Stay at home, if you must go out, then, Observe social distancing as the virus can be transferred over short distant, wash your hands regularly, sanitize your hands. Protect yourself and your loved ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Amhappy(f): 10:23am On Apr 10, 2020
Tylerbankz:
Now, this is what I'm taking about in this Country.
Imagine him traveling all the way from Delta to Lagos for medication. (Someone from a far state that needed ventilator might die before getting to Lagos for medication.)
I thought the Government should provide and install medical equipments needed to fight this COVID-19 across all states.
When is Nigeria going to be better, I asked myself this question, often.

Our Health Minister once said if Ventilators are needed in one state it can be borrowed from another state. Very funny statement. If a patient need ventilator,he does not have 20minutes.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by JohnnyPalmer: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2020
RoyalBlu:
"If you see something; say something."

That's it!!!

Don't want to imagine the number of people he came in contact with. angry

Couldn't agree more

May he RIP.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 10, 2020
Shuku:

I heard Lagos has been impounding vehicles trying to cross in/out of their border.

People who still have access to cross the border will still cross.
This is Nigeria.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Amhappy(f): 10:29am On Apr 10, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I do not understand. We have billions to carry out ghosts school feeding programs, fake palliatives provision programs but we can not invest billions in to providing rapid tests kits for massive testing all over the country to isolate and treat infected ones early.

This will go a long way in curbing the spread and also saving lives. Early identification and treatment goes a long way to save lives.

May God help us.
This exactly what I told my sister and she said have i heard about Coro millionaires and billionaires. Channeling money into testing will be more difficult to embezzle. So the palliatives are the easy way. Also Nigerians even our press are not raising their voices and asking the right questions due to ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Thetruthshallse(m): 10:30am On Apr 10, 2020
Yenefer:
SECONDED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by iswallker(m): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2020
beautyhd:
What killed him is the underlying health issue and not the Corona virus.

It's just like a HIV patient that contracts Tuberculosis, without proper care, immune system is weakened and death is faster.

What is underlying health issues. undecided
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Solutionchima: 10:40am On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=lalasticlala post=88283212]Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, has announced that a man died of coronavirus in the state after visiting Lagos.

Governor Okowa took to his verified Twitter account to announce the man's demise and wrote:

[i]"I have just been informed of another case of #COVID19 in Delta State. The individual in question, had underlying health issues and had visited Lagos State in the past two weeks. Thats why travelling this period is highly discouraged. Stay at home if you must travel because of illness contact the authorities, you might as well be treated free. Cos you dont know who you are travelling with
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by AsawanaDgreat: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2020
Eyah my peaceful state. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:45am On Apr 10, 2020
Jaspernubi:
Anything can kill in today's world.
Sabi Sabi , who ask you?

Take corrections and move on...that's the problem with many of you Nigerians..you're just impossible to teach and civilize.
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Jovi123(f): 10:47am On Apr 10, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by hstar: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=Mizwisdom post=88284057]Lagos has been on locked down for more than two weeks. People in Lagos are not dying, somebody that visited 2 weeks ago has died, I'm not understanding[/quu
U too see am, I reasoned that same way too I just wish to be quiet before government Nigeria government defender go come nairaland come dey defend stupidity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Lastmankc(m): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2020
So,Lagos is the new China now?its well
Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Humanoid01:
So people still travel during this lockdown period? We are not ready to curb this disease.
Coronavirus has been around since January secretely dealing with nigerians before the awareness...naija too dey travel all over the world. Some of those who came home for xmas and new year celebrations too must have brought it in.. My relation traveled to Anambra 3 weeks ago, went with a popular transport company. He visited his client and was lodged in a hotel. He returned via same transport company. The following day he was showing symptoms, starting from headache, to cold and dry cough which lasted a day, the 3rd day, he couldn't breathe well. His left lung became stiff. He said he felt like he wasn't going to survive it. He went to the hospital and his dr began administering medication, including injections. He started feeling better 3 days after visiting the hospital.

Narrating his story, he said on his way to Anambra, he boarded same vehicle with a couple who were returning from Asia. He was at the back seat and 3 of the back seats were filled with their luggag..they bought 5 seats, 3 back seats for luggage and they occupied 2 in front of him. while the husband was wearing a nose mask. He was seated right in front of my relation who occupied the 4th back seat. Up till now, Anambra claimed they've not recorded any case likewise highly populated kano wey Lebanese and chinese full like anything. I just pity them cos they're not doing themselves any favour.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by Mikefame(m): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2020
This Country ehn
Everything they think about is how they can convince the people to stand by them in argeement.
Hey why not start doing the right things and the people will stand by you.
Not these Lies ..#Heard_Enough

1 Like

Re: Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos by HBB1(m): 10:55am On Apr 10, 2020
beautyhd:
What killed him is the underlying health issue and not the Corona virus.

It's just like a HIV patient that contracts Tuberculosis, without proper care, immune system is weakened and death is faster.

Oga dey there o!

If you see Corona in full force fear go catch you!

Better stay inside your house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Social Distancing In Aba: Access & First Bank In Pictures (Video) / COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases / The Coronavirus Seems To Like Cold Weather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.