Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army (330 Views)

Farouk Yahaya: No Mass Retirement In Military, Says Army / Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army / Stop Depicting The Military As Brutal In Your Drama Skits- Nigeria Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by Koskio(m): 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
The Nigerian army has asked Nigerians to stop producing drama skits and video clips that cast the military and the security forces in a bad light.

Sagir Musa, acting director of army public relations, made the appeal in a statement on Friday.

Musa said the development has created a wrong impression of Nigerian soldiers and projected the military as “an undisciplined and brutal institution”.

“We are well trained and dedicated professionals that perform our Constitutional duties diligently and dispassionately with utmost regard for human rights and rules of engagement,” he said.

“It is wrong to continue to produce such drama skits, video clips, and graphics at the expense of the excellent image of the Nigerian soldier.

“It affects troops morale and has broad implications for national security. No nation or good citizen makes jest of its military.

“Therefore, we are appealing to well-meaning Nigerians and producers of such materials to desist forthwith.

“The military or security agencies should not be made the subject or focus of those skits at the expense of a key and strategic arm of the security architecture of our great nation.”

Musa said the authorities would investigate the source of props and costumes used for the skits and ensure that army uniforms are not used to denigrate the military.

“Some of these measures include restriction of movement, lockdown and stay at home directives which are being enforced by various government and security agencies,” he said.

“Some creative Nigerians found it expedient to provide comic relief through the production of funny jokes, graphics, drama skits, and video clips to entertain the public. The materials are circulated through social media.

“Unfortunately, most of these clips circulating on social media bordered on the Nigerian soldier and projecting the military as lawless, brutal and being harsh on people flouting the stay at home order pursuant to the lockdown and stay at home directives imposed in some states in Nigeria.”

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-stop-depicting-us-as-brutal-in-drama-skits-it-affects-our-morale-says-army
Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by PureGoldh(m): 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Just speechless....so life dey sweet em like dx.

They don't think twice before they slash the civilians...but when cajoled..e go pain them
Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by raker300: 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Just this lock down alone, 8 innocent Nigerians have been murdered by Nigerian soldiers.

While on same note, Nigerian army has not eliminated 1 terrorists since the lockdown.

Now tell me, who is nigerian army fighting for?
Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by HITdemUP: 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
That's what they are known for na. Forming hard men on top civilians head when on their military camouflage.
Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by Damilare65(m): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
I think it's the foot shoulders and the lower ranking officers that do this shit most times, but some civilians can be overbearing sometimes, dont ever argue with a man that has a gun, even ordinary SARS dey treat person fuc..k. Up, just listen and comply with everything they say..

Soldiers are more reasonable than police officers tho , most soldiers , go reason you normal, Just comply, Police officers dey jealous gaan, if you fresh small dem go wan rob you, I have had a soilder come meet me inside bank before, say me I dey collect, say make I reason am work. Lool, if na police, forget dem go trace me go house come burst the next day.

Best thing, just dont argue with them, at the end of the day all matter na settlement
Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by ogbuefi677(m): 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
You are actually worse in real life compared to the skits abi no be una de routinely murder hundreds of unarmed IPOB and Shia protestors?
A well trained and disciplined army will refuse such an illegal order even if it comes from the C-I-C himself.
Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by slimfit1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
Focus on training your soldiers first.
Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by Wilstino: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
Change your men's attitude and behavior. The skit showcases what people actually see and experience in the hand of NA.

1 Like

Re: Stop Depicting Us As Brutal In Drama Skits… It Affects Our Morale, Says Army by infinitethrust: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
Stop being brutal to civilians then your morale will rise. Simple!

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Boss Man; Welcome To The Wailers Club / Lockdown Will Last As Long As Necessary, — President Buhari / 14 Dead, 15 Injured As Fire Razes Idps Camp In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.