Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria (6894 Views)

Coronavirus In Alimosho: LASG Dismisses Rumored Cases In Gowon Estate / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Miracle1991: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Another question to the foolish op is= Since more Americans die of malaria than Nigeria,does that mean their is no malaria in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Humanoid01(m): 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
IamPlato:
I Am Not Bothered, 80% of Nigerians Are Like You.

You Can Never Stand Out For A Change but You Want A Better Country.

Una go Die For This Country, the Wise People Go Fly Leave Una
Oga what are you going to do about it? Na simple question I ask. Stop yapping gibberish.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Gozbrown(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
We have 278 confirmed cases doesn't mean that the number is not increasing. there are people who have the virus but are not symptomatic.
we know our leaders are corrupt but Coronavirus in Nigeria is real.
Where is Abba Kyari? Where is El rufai?

IamPlato:
If I Ever Hear Anybody Insult Nigerians for Not Staying At home, i Will Insult Your Life.

Coronavirus Is Not In Nigeria... If You Think It Is In Nigeria, tell Me Why Americans Are Dying Massively but Nigerians are Not? America And Nigeria Who Can Contain This Virus More?

The Nigerian government Is The Most Incompetent government, our Health system Is Terrible Compared To America, how Did They Contain The Virus That America Is Struggling to Contain?

In Two Weeks Italy Had Thousands Infected but In Two Weeks Nigeria Barely Had 100

They Put This Country On Lock Down when Many Are Starving, people Are Unable To Work And Feed and The Stupid Government is Unable To Provide For Them.

What Are The Names Of The Persons Who Died In nigeria? Your Government Is Giving Us Names Of Nigerians Who Died In Uk.

In Badagry People Are Doing Their Activities Because government Is Terrible

I De Vex

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by JasonBoss: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2020
kiyosaki1:

You can do better .

And you can as well do better.. Misleading people up nd down.. Funny enuf na una dey take precautions pass but come online to mislead others

COVID 19 is real nd it's in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by JasonBoss: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
Humanoid01:
Nigerians are too stubborn, everyone wants to sound smart. Gosh! It's freaking annoying.

Is Nigeria the only country that has recorded very few deaths? Look at Ghana, with 300+ cases, they've recorded only 6 deaths so far. Does that mean that their government is also lying to them?

There are many countries that can be considered worse than Nigeria, but they have recorded fewer cases and deaths than the so-called top countries, does the mean their governments are lying to them too?

Oga if you want to go out, go out, nor dey use your own let people dey take risks with their lives.

Honestly e tire me. Will it be wen people are dying in thousand dey will take precautions

some people dey call am scam Just to feel better but na Dem dey fear pass.

covid 19 is real nd it's in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Timileyin1234(m): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Na u be the fool. U never see person whey know book whey fail jamb, or u never see person whey no know book whey pass jamb

5 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
The person who created this coronavirus, how many vials of the agent did he make? How many has he released and how many is he yet to release?

What we have is bioterrorism. No amount of lockdown will solve this if the remaining vials ate not retrieved from whoever is still busy releasing them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Miracle1991:
I think this illiterate op should ask his grandmother about the 1917 flu. How many Americans died then and how many Nigerians died from the same flu at that time.
It's unfortunate that some people will choose to believe the foolish op just to play politics with this pandemic.
If this idiot is serious,he should go to Yaba where the infected people are treated so that he can bath together with the infected people.
You Are A Big Fool!

Compare Spanish Flu To Coronavirus
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
Miracle1991:
Another question to the foolish op is= Since more Americans die of malaria than Nigeria,does that mean their is no malaria in Nigeria?
Malaria killing More Americans than Nigerians?

Virus De your Brain
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by whemmytopsy(m): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
bigtt76:
Funny how all of sudden, the government that couldn't provide basic amenities or health care now cares a lot about her citizens' health cheesy
I wonder o... My sister.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by AmazingMOG: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
manuelreports:
They are treating and discharging people who have malaria. All the Governors are suddenly testing negative, this Country cannot be redeemed off corruption. They are even using pandemic that have killed over 90,000 people to loot money. Tufiakwa...... If they don't open up next week, they should wait and watch what will happen .Nigerians have been stretched to an elastic limit. Nonsense...
which Nigerians? Speak for yourself

Nigeria is not a country to fight or speak for, Nigerians like suffering and smiling

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by QuantumR: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Post like this makes me wonder if d educated once r truely educated.. where is ur sense of statistics, US have tested abt 2.3M and Nigeria tested 5000, is dat not enough reason for d casualty figure to vary.. #jstAnotherDumbo

5 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
QuantumR:
Post like this makes me wonder if d educated once r truely educated.. where is ur sense of statistics, US have tested abt 2.3M and Nigeria tested 5000, is dat not enough reason for d casualty figure to vary.. #jstAnotherDumbo

But u r displaying the same miseducation (see below).
What u should be asking is, WHAT saved Nigeria/Africa. Once we figure that out, corona is solved

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by QuantumR: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

But u r displaying the same miseducation (see below).
What u should be asking is, WHAT saved Nigeria/Africa. Once we figure that out, corona is solved
U r not gettin my point, US tested 2.3M+ out of which 400k+ are infected nd 17k+ death. Now back to 9ja, tested about 5k, close to 300 infected nd about 10 death or there about. How on earth can u compare dis two countries to the extent of thinking that there is no such virus in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by BelieveThat: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
IamPlato:
If I Ever Hear Anybody Insult Nigerians for Not Staying At home, i Will Insult Your Life.

Coronavirus Is Not In Nigeria... If You Think It Is In Nigeria, tell Me Why Americans Are Dying Massively but Nigerians are Not? America And Nigeria Who Can Contain This Virus More?

The Nigerian government Is The Most Incompetent government, our Health system Is Terrible Compared To America, how Did They Contain The Virus That America Is Struggling to Contain?

In Two Weeks Italy Had Thousands Infected but In Two Weeks Nigeria Barely Had 100

They Put This Country On Lock Down when Many Are Starving, people Are Unable To Work And Feed and The Stupid Government is Unable To Provide For Them.

What Are The Names Of The Persons Who Died In nigeria? Your Government Is Giving Us Names Of Nigerians Who Died In Uk.

I De Vex

Useless government, what fvcking condition are they using to share d money sef, locking people up for 3 weeks now and sharing money d way em like.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by vicishow(m): 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
What is apnin in Nigeria is simply a *Heist*. Corona is just a cover!

2 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
QuantumR:

U r not gettin my point, US tested 2.3M+ out of which 400k+ are infected nd 17k+ death. Now back to 9ja, tested about 5k, close to 300 infected nd about 10 death or there about. How on earth can u compare dis two countries to the extent that thinking that there is no such virus in nigeria.

Of course the virus is in Nigeria. That’s not our discussion.
Here’s what u wrote:
“US have tested abt 2.3M and Nigeria tested 5000, is dat not enough reason for d casualty figure to vary.. “

No, casualties (deaths) does not depend on number of tests.

Lagos can be compared to NY:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total. (BTW NYC closed her airports long b4 Lagos and has far better health facilities)

Our focus should be on finding out WHY. If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus.

4 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
IamPlato:
where is el rufai and kyari?

Compare Newyork With Nigeria, who Is More Standard Enough To Contain A Virus Like this?

Our Government Have No Where To Fly To that Is Why They Are Still Here, If The Virus Is Here They Would Do everything Possible to Contain It, not Because They Love Us But Because They Are in Here With Us and Can Be Infected.

They Would Do All They Can And Even Pay Nigerians To Stay Indoors.

I Wish You See What I See
hmmm
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by pk2me: 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
The Op is somehow right but I disagree with him saying that the virus is not in the country. The virus is in the country but it may be malaria sort of disease that we are used that was named corona virus.
The number of carrier in Nigeria might be higher than America but many will not die since they will be treating the virus like malaria and other related sicknesses that normally comes with it and they are getting well.
My own stand is that corona virus or whatever they called it is nothing but malaria and flu which we normally have down here. Anyone that died through this didn't treat himself or herself well and that person can as well die from malaria.
Corona virus is not more deadlier than malaria/typhoid that I sometimes have with malaria +++ and widal 360 into 4 places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by abumeinben(m): 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
BeerParlour:
you stroked his post

Can you give a constructive argument against his claim or it's been a while you stroked a post?
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by verifiablefacts: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
IamPlato:

I De Vex
Nnamdi kanu's style of reasoning. So all African countries are lying ba??
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
IamPlato:

I De Vex

Some personal deaths have occurred in homes during this period, they could have being covid-19 cases but not officially counted
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by 3kay945(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
I know the virus is real and here. But why are people dying like flies in Europe and America?

Even as we have newly confirmed cases every day, so are people being discharged.

It's scary seeing those dead bodies in bags on foreign stations.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Here’s what u wrote:
“US have tested abt 2.3M and Nigeria tested 5000, is dat not enough reason for d casualty figure to vary.. “

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total. (BTW NYC closed her airports long b4 Lagos and has far better health facilities)

Our focus should be on finding out WHY. If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus.

Number of people tested can correlate with number of deaths.

First cases of Covid-19 in Nigeria and South Africa announced Feb 27th and March 5th respectively.

5000 tests produced over 250 cases, 7 deaths, and about 50 recoveries in Nigeria while about 65,000 tests since March 5th in South Africa produced 2003 cases, 410 recoveries, and 24 deaths.

The recovery rate in both countries significantly correlates with number of people tested.

However, the statistics I cited above showed that more people are dying in Nigeria as a result of Covid-19 (based on declared and known statistics). What this means is that a Covid19 patient is likely to survive in South Africa than in Nigeria based on the rate of death and confirmed cases.

If 65,000 tests in South Africa produced 2003 cases and paltry 5000 tests in Nigeria produced 250 cases, don't you think Nigerians should be worried?

We are rejoicing and singing our praises too early while countries in the same continent are recording more recovery rates. We haven't done enough to joke or play around.

6 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Breadfruit: 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
Don’t say it doesn’t exist. More Nigerians have died than reported. Nobody wants to go to the isolation center because it is believed that they will be abandoned there, hence are managing themselves at home with herbs and drugs. And it appears we are not really susceptible to it. But it all too early to gloat about immunity. Time will tell. And yes, they are looting. But Corona exists.

3 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
And it's high time we stopped this idea that the virus only got to the US after Nigeria's index case.

Truth is Covid-19 had been in the US since January, 2020. This is a report from Massachusetts.

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by SeunWedsLinda(m): 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Here’s what u wrote:

you are wise
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by SeunWedsLinda(m): 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Let me state of the last fact here. The only special thing Nigeria has done is declaring a lockdown and responding on time to curtail spread. This is the only reason we have low cases here.

If you look at percentages, not just figures, you would discover that Nigeria hasn't done anything special.

Based on confirmed cases, Lagos has recorded 3.3% deaths, and 18.5% recoveries. States like Massachusetts have recorded similar trends - 2.6% deaths and 22.7% recoveries. All based on confirm cases.

There's nothing so special than the fact that we have limited number of cases here. People are recovering at the same pace all over the world. As a matter of fact, more people would have died here if we record half the figures some developed nations had found due to our poor healthcare and infrastructure.

Before we beat our chest; before we compare Covid with Malaria or Typhoid, remember that percentages are more valuable than mere figures in statistics. To those chest beating, just pray the numbers don't go beyond what our healthcare infrastructure can handle.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I get rid of pimples on my face. / Types Of Breastfeeding / I Need A Baby Boy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.