Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria (6900 Views)

Coronavirus In Alimosho: LASG Dismisses Rumored Cases In Gowon Estate / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Acidosis:

And it's high time we stopped this idea that the virus only got to the US after Nigeria's index case.

Truth is Covid-19 had been in the US since January, 2020. This is a report from Massachusetts.

New York NOT USA. U can’t compare US with Nig, but u can compare NYC with Lagos
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

New York NOT USA. U can’t compare US with Nig, but u can compare NYC with Lagos

Why NYC? Why are you so particular and concerned about a state that records more cases than any country in the world, including the whole of China (not just Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus)?

That's the state you want to compare with Lagos?
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
SeunWedsLinda:
you are wise

Thanks Seun. Please tell it to Mr. Acidosis. He somehow can’t see that our energies are better spent figuring out why people are dropping like flies in NYC but not in Lagos
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Konection(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders, hope you are staying safe?

Am into Wall Screeding and P. O.P designs, so Engineers, Architects, and anyone else into building should pls show some love by patronising me on 0.7.0 3.8.1.4.4.3.5.4. (Also my watsapp number). Our jobs are perfect.

Where ever you are in Nigeria, don't hesitate to call.

Egbon Seun, no delete my message oh pls, your boy wan from you (nairaland) make am.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Acidosis:

Why NYC? Why are you so particular and concerned about a state that records more cases than any country in the world, including the whole of China (not just Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus)?

That's the state you want to compare with Lagos?

Because they are comparable in so many ways. Also because it makes the difference so glaring. Lagos had her first confirmed case BEFORE NYC that people are dropping like flies. Can u believe it?!
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by GreatSage: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
IamPlato:
If I Ever Hear Anybody Insult Nigerians for Not Staying At home, i Will Insult Your Life.

Coronavirus Is Not In Nigeria... If You Think It Is In Nigeria, tell Me Why Americans Are Dying Massively but Nigerians are Not? America And Nigeria Who Can Contain This Virus More?

The Nigerian government Is The Most Incompetent government, our Health system Is Terrible Compared To America, how Did They Contain The Virus That America Is Struggling to Contain?

In Two Weeks Italy Had Thousands Infected but In Two Weeks Nigeria Barely Had 100

They Put This Country On Lock Down when Many Are Starving, people Are Unable To Work And Feed and The Stupid Government is Unable To Provide For Them.

What Are The Names Of The Persons Who Died In nigeria? Your Government Is Giving Us Names Of Nigerians Who Died In Uk.

In Badagry People Are Doing Their Activities Because government Is Terrible

I De Vex
Which part of Badagry do u stay
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Because they are comparable in so many ways. Also because it makes the difference so glaring. Lagos had her first confirmed case BEFORE NYC that people are dropping like flies. Can u believe it?!

It's not rocket science.

Newyork has 161,807 confirmed cases, of which 7,844 people have died. That's roughly 4.87% death rate of all confirmed cases.

Lagos has about 130 confirmed, of which 5 people have died. That's roughly 3.8% death rate of all confirmed cases.

Why are you confused??

People are not dropping like flies here because, unlike NYC, measures were quickly taken to curtail spread. And based on what we know, Covid19 has been in the US since January so there are no facts to state that NYC had no cases until March 1st.. The word "confirmed" is used for a reason.

This thing is not rocket science. Death rates of confirmed cases in any country or state will fall between the range of 2-5%.

If you're worried about death, focus on percentage or death rate, not figures. Number of deaths doesn't mean a thing. Death rate is similar all over the world.

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
Acidosis:

It's not rocket science.

Newyork has 161,807 confirmed cases, of which 7,844 people have died. That's roughly 4.87% death rate of all confirmed cases.

Lagos has about 130 confirmed, of which 5 people have died. That's roughly 3.8% death rate of all confirmed cases.

Why are you confused??

People are not dropping like flies here because, unlike NYC, measures were quickly taken to curtail spread. And based on what we know, Covid19 has been in the US since January so there are no facts to state that NYC had no cases until March 1st.. The word "confirmed" is used for a reason.

This thing is not rocket science. Death rates of confirmed cases in any country or state will fall between the range of 2-5%.

If you're worried about death, focus on percentage or death rate, not figures. Number of deaths doesn't mean a thing. Death rate is similar all over the world.

It is not rocket science to u because u can’t tell an unexplained mystery when u see one. U give some ridiculous simplistic reason instead of trying to do the hard work of trying to find out WHY.
NYC airports were announced closed to the Chinese Jan 31st, effective Feb 2. Shortly after, most of Europe. Lagos did not get around to doing same thing till March 18. They had automatic quarantine of people from hot spots. Lagos own was voluntary. FG did everything wrong. Despite all that, we have this result.
Instead of “death rate” why not look at what is actually happening in real life. Are Lagos morgues all full and bodies piled up all over? Look at that my screenshot, do u see anything near that happening in Lagos?
R u ok, sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

It is not rocket science to u because u can’t tell an unexplained mystery when u see one. U give some ridiculous simplistic reason instead of trying to do the hard work of trying to find out WHY.
NYC airports were announced closed to the Chinese Jan 31st, effective Feb 2. Shortly after, most of Europe. Lagos did not get around to doing same thing till March 18. They had automatic quarantine of people from hot spots. Lagos own was voluntary. FG did everything wrong. Despite all that, we have this result.
Instead of “death rate” why not look at what is actually happening in real life. Are Lagos morgues all full and bodies piled up all over? Look at that my screenshot, do u see anything near that happening in Lagos?
R u ok, sir?

Your point is, any country or state that doesn't measure up with number of deaths (not death rates) in NYC is faking figures?
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by emmaodet: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

R u ok, sir?

Tbh, am even surprise with the rate of death in europe and america. It is too high to be real. I believe they are adding people who died of other sickness to pad the figures.
The question is Why? What is the motive behind all these?
The figures are too artificial and not real. They don't even know how to act or make things look too real.
Everything looks organised, planned or acted.
My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Acidosis:

Your point is, any country or state that doesn't measure up with number of deaths (not death rates) in NYC is faking figures?

Don’t be ridiculous. I’ve made my point clear several times - we should try to find out why people are dropping like flies in NYC but not Lagos, when, by all logic, Lagos should have been much worse
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 8:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
emmaodet:

Tbh, am even surprise with the rate of death in europe and america. It is too high to be real. I believe they are adding people who died of other sickness to pad the figures.
The figures are too artificial and not real. They don't even know how to act or make things look too real.
My opinion though

You think the below is “artificial and not real”?

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by MyOpinion1(f): 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
Acidosis:

You're funny. You think the government will declare a lockdown for 4 weeks because of paltry donations like N2bn, N50m, N1bn, etc?

Do you know how much governments (FG and 36 states) have lost in tax revenue in the past weeks?

Paltry donations are the least of the reasons any government would declare a lockdown. Buhari or any other state government is not that f00lish. There's more to steal from IGR and other tax revenues than Dangote's donations.

Some months in 2018, Lagos state made over N35billion as IGR.

As per the low death rates in Nigeria, it isn't a Nigerian thing. Stop comparing Nigeria with the US or Italy. There are more than 60 countries battling Covid-19 and you have more than 20 countries in Africa to compare.

Yesterday, five people died in South Africa, and we saw the president extend the lockdown till end of the month. We haven't heard reports condemning the president's actions because other countries reported 2000 deaths daily.

Right now, UN has predicted recession in all SSA countries (Nigeria, Angola and South Africa) following Covid-19. These countries aren't all stup!d bro. Donations can't measure up with the impact of recession.

No country will deliberately enter into recession or deny its people from working because of donations. They have more to steal from your daily hustle than your idleness.

God bless you sir, it's disheartening that some Nigerians play with everything..and to think some people think the donations measure up with the daily revenue the Federal and state govt are losing is worrisome.

4 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by 7lives: 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
princemillla:

Last time I check America temperature is different from that of Africa.

Op u need help walai, so is only America that is in their continent abi, what about Mexico what happen to other neighboring countries with america? Must Nigerians start dying like Italy befor you know Corona virus is here?

So since covid is a world pandemic disease does that means it must be present in every country? If not becuz of the stupidity of this govt. We could av prevent the disease from coming in or manage the numbers of infected persons.

Nigeria started preparing for this disease befor America itself. Op u get that

The guy is a coffin maker, he's been expecting bussiness boom from covid 19, but unfortunately he is far behind in his projected sales.

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by emmaodet: 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

You think the below is “artificial and not real”?

Tbh, am really confused and don't know what to believe again.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by lastround(m): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Of course the virus is in Nigeria. That’s not our discussion.
Here’s what u wrote:
“US have tested abt 2.3M and Nigeria tested 5000, is dat not enough reason for d casualty figure to vary.. “

No, casualties (deaths) does not depend on number of tests.

Lagos can be compared to NY:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total. (BTW NYC closed her airports long b4 Lagos and has far better health facilities)

Our focus should be on finding out WHY. If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus.

Thanks for your suggestion. I think is suggestions like this we need to be seed instwad of all this virusmania that is going round
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
lastround:

Thanks for your suggestion. I think is suggestions like this we need to be seed instwad of all this virusmania that is going round

U r welcome
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Don’t be ridiculous. I’ve made my point clear several times - we should try to find out why people are dropping like flies in NYC but not Lagos, when, by all logic, Lagos should have been much worse

You will find the answer when you try to replace Lagos with Johannesburg and other major cities in Africa and the world.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
emmaodet:

My opinion though

This is ridiculous. Are you saying NYC hospitals bury as much as 2000 dead bodies in a day before Covid-19?? Like it's the normal thing and they're only trying to blame Covid-19?

Something is surely responsible for the death rates - failure to curtail spread of the disease.

Meanwhile, there are other states and cities in the US with almost zero case and Covid-19 isn't the first pandemic in the world.

You guys should stop developing all kinds of hypotheses and conspiracies.

3 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
Acidosis:

You're funny. You think the government will declare a lockdown for 4 weeks because of paltry donations like N2bn, N50m, N1bn, etc?

Do you know how much governments (FG and 36 states) have lost in tax revenue in the past weeks?

Paltry donations are the least of the reasons any government would declare a lockdown. Buhari or any other state government is not that f00lish. There's more to steal from IGR and other tax revenues than Dangote's donations.

Some months in 2018, Lagos state made over N35billion as IGR.

As per the low death rates in Nigeria, it isn't a Nigerian thing. Stop comparing Nigeria with the US or Italy. There are more than 60 countries battling Covid-19 and you have more than 20 countries in Africa to compare.

Yesterday, five people died in South Africa, and we saw the president extend the lockdown till end of the month. We haven't heard reports condemning the president's actions because other countries reported 2000 deaths daily.

Right now, UN has predicted recession in all SSA countries (Nigeria, Angola and South Africa) following Covid-19. These countries aren't all stup!d bro. Donations can't measure up with the impact of recession.

No country will deliberately enter into recession or deny its people from working because of donations. They have more to steal from your daily hustle than your idleness.

3 Likes

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by chubinwa(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
Please people should not take this guy serious. he is talking in the nonsense

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
You speak out of ignorance sir.

Agent-Host-Environment are the three basic factors that determine the spread of a disease like COVID-19.
1) The Agent: the same or slightly different variants of the same virus.

2) The Host: the average age of people in the US and Nigeria differ.

The genetics of Nigerians is different from the Americans.
Social factors like economic capacity for international travels or even air traffic is higher in the US than in Nigeria. This particular factor aid the spread of COVID-19.

3) The Environment: Temperature, Rainfall and humidity in the US, Italy and Spain are different from those in Nigeria

IamPlato:
where is el rufai and kyari?

Compare Newyork With Nigeria, who Is More Standard Enough To Contain A Virus Like this?

Our Government Have No Where To Fly To that Is Why They Are Still Here, If The Virus Is Here They Would Do everything Possible to Contain It, not Because They Love Us But Because They Are in Here With Us and Can Be Infected.

They Would Do All They Can And Even Pay Nigerians To Stay Indoors.

I Wish You See What I See
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Reazest: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Op, u are a big fool. So it is until Nigerians start dying like Americans and Italians before u believe that covid-19 is in Nigeria? It is because God loves us in Nigeria, that is why things have not gotten out of hands. Other African countries have Covid-19, so why won't Nigeria has it? Once more, u are a big fool.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Miracle1991:
chest beating as usual,if them born your mama please come out and cause any breaking of law.

Must you insult someone's mother to drive home your point? You guys are sick down here.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
which money??
FG and states like lagos and ogun have lost tripple more than any donor can give in the period of lockdown.
How many of the donors have even reedem their pledge to start with.
So lagos that is making billions daily will close the state just because one richman promise them audio billions ??

Here is a list of contributors to CACOVID relief fund as at April 1, 2020 as Davido reacts.

Reacting to the list via his Twitter handle, Davido wrote:

❤️ to everyone else that contributed !! Now let’s make sure the government put these funds to use !!!

Dangote had earlier explained CACOVID:

"CACOVID(coalition Against COVID-19) is an initiative that I am leading with other private sector leaders&our common goal is to support ongoing Government initiatives with our resources in the fight against Covid-19. We are in this together & I am optimistic we will overcome."

Meanwhile, Otedola also reacted to the list and revealed that he has fulfilled his 1 billion naira donation promise made earlier.

https://www.nairaland.com/5776037/davido-reacts-list-contributors-cacovid#88130959

Below is the list of those that have contributed (redeemed their pledges).

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by jaszplus12(m): 12:38am On Apr 11, 2020
IamPlato:
He Is Right about Coronavirus being Like Every Other.

what are You Sayin? Is Coronavirus As Bad As Spanish flu? Better Go And Read Your Books.

I Am Not Saying Efforts Should Not Be Put In fightin It but Let Them Be Honest with Us...

Stop Isolatin Malaria patients and Dischargin Malaria patients and Tell Us Its Coronavirus
Boss...are you the doctor who diagnosed them with malaria? What proof have you about what you are saying? If you have please show it... don't make assumptions just because you have data...

1 Like

Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 3:31am On Apr 11, 2020
jaszplus12:

Boss...are you the doctor who diagnosed them with malaria? What proof have you about what you are saying? If you have please show it... don't make assumptions just because you have data...
do you also have prove that corona virus is what they have?
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by jummex8228(f): 3:58am On Apr 11, 2020
IamPlato:
If I Ever Hear Anybody Insult Nigerians for Not Staying At home, i Will Insult Your Life.

Coronavirus Is Not In Nigeria... If You Think It Is In Nigeria, tell Me Why Americans Are Dying Massively but Nigerians are Not? America And Nigeria Who Can Contain This Virus More?

The Nigerian government Is The Most Incompetent government, our Health system Is Terrible Compared To America, how Did They Contain The Virus That America Is Struggling to Contain?

In Two Weeks Italy Had Thousands Infected but In Two Weeks Nigeria Barely Had 100

They Put This Country On Lock Down when Many Are Starving, people Are Unable To Work And Feed and The Stupid Government is Unable To Provide For Them.

What Are The Names Of The Persons Who Died In nigeria? Your Government Is Giving Us Names Of Nigerians Who Died In Uk.

In Badagry People Are Doing Their Activities Because government Is Terrible

I De Vex
I think you are the Plato from hnaub right?
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 11, 2020
Humanoid01:
Nigerians are too stubborn, everyone wants to sound smart. Gosh! It's freaking annoying.

Is Nigeria the only country that has recorded very few deaths? Look at Ghana, with 300+ cases, they've recorded only 6 deaths so far. Does that mean that their government is also lying to them?

There are many countries that can be considered worse than Nigeria, but they have recorded fewer cases and deaths than the so-called top countries, does the mean their governments are lying to them too?

Oga if you want to go out, go out, nor dey use your own let people dey take risks with their lives.
Willy nilly, we are soon going to throw cautions to the winds.
since the lockdown started we have been living in fear due to attacks from thiefs, hoodlums, cultists etc
People are hungry and right now, I feel that the lockdown Should just end so peace can be restored to out environment.
the security of the country is so weak that we all have to work as vigilante from 9pm till dawn, even at all times we are always at alert as they also come in the day.
to me, what we have just seen in my area alongside neighbouring axis is let me say is a bit of what bokoharams display.
I'm getting bored because I now often hear cases of people who are raided by these marauding gang.
And only God knows what life is to the people affected by the bokoharams.
in my place here, houses have not burnt down.
But buildings are being destroyed, human beings are being macheted.
I'm from Ifo, in Ogun State
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by ruggedtimi(m): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2020
BIGKemsey:
I love this post biko. I think there's something questionable about this Nigerian corona cases. There might be something going on in this country other than corona virus. God help us
have you checked other african countries covid-19 statistics? There is nothing going on except the pandemic and its real, I also believe Nigeria has more cases yet to be tested.
Re: You Have Been FOOLED About Coronavirus In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 11, 2020
IamPlato:

I De Vex

There’s a reason Africa in general or Nigeria is a third world country. I mean, it’s because of dumb people like this without critical reasoning skills.

Even the Bible says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

Sheer ignorance and stupidity is what will eventually be our doom.

Get knowledge, get educated. Your life will be better for it.

Wish you the best!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Types Of Breastfeeding / Double Plus Products And How Quantum Products Works / How Can I get rid of pimples on my face.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.