Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

How To Make Money On Pinterest - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money On Pinterest (5797 Views)

How To Make MONEY On Pinterest $1000/mon / How To Make Money On Pinterest In Nigeria / 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sorry for not updating you guys. I have been finding it a bit challenging

I had super high hopes when I joined Pinterest. I thought I could get a deluge of traffic overnight but it has not been the case. So far, I doubt I've gotten more than 5 visitors to my site.

Should that be a reason for despair? No.

Why? To make it on any platform, you need to understand it. The best way to understand it after reading about it is to get into it and experience it. That is the School of Hard Knocks. I am going through the learning process hard.

What I have discovered so far

1. Impressions
Impressions aren't clicks. They simply mean how many times your Pin has appeared or has been seen. It is like seeing a banner ad. Simply seeing it means nothing to the advertiser. It is when it is clicked it becomes useful.

However, the greater the number of impressions, the more likely someone is going to click

2. Closeups
After someone clicks your Pin, the Pin is then brought up close. This is a closeup. When brought up close, the person who clicked can read the description in the Pin and if he likes what he read, he can then click further and is then taken to your site. The purpose of the closeup is for the clicker to decide from what he read from your Pin description whether to visit your site or not.

3. Link Click
When someone clicks to visit your website after a closeup.

4. Saves
A save is what was previously called a repin. In Pinterest, you store your Pins and Pins of others on boards you have created. Let us say you have a Pin on "How to lose 20kg of fat in 10 weeks", you'll save it in a board you created named "How To Lose Weight".

Now, while browsing Pinterest, you may find some Pins you like relating to weight loss. You may now save those Pins on your "How To Lose Weight"board.

Saves are very important as they are an important source of traffic. How do they drive traffic?

Now, imagine people visit your boards. Let us say 10 people visit your "How To Lose Weight" board, they may like some Pins you saved on your boards and either visit the websites or save them on their own boards. The Pins could be your Pins or those of others.

In the past 10 days ago, I started with Pinterest, I have sent 10 visitors to about 8 Pins that were not mine. They were Pins visitors discovered on my various boards. Now, imagine a Pin that has been saved over 10,000 times on different boards? Can you imagine the amount of traffic, the Pin will get.

Everyone's prayer on Pinterest is that their Pin goes viral. Once it goes viral, expect a deluge of traffic to your website.

4. Engagements
Closeups, Link clicks and Saves all come under engagements. That simply means all those that engaged in your site in one way or the other. And the only way is either through closeups, link clicks and saves.

Now, how do we tie everything together?

Your primary purpose of joining Pinterest is to get traffic to either your blog, website or affiliate link (Pinterest allows direct linking but hate Spam).

How do you get traffic?

I have learned the hard way that traffic is built with momentum. Expecting such traffic overnight shouldn't be your goal. On Pinterest, traffic has a snowball effect. It starts small but begins to grow and grow until it becomes sizable. Unlike a snowball, you have to create the momentum yourself by adding new Pins and sharing Pins regularly. And pray that one or more of your Pins goes viral.

The momentum grows this way. Each Pin gets daily impressions. As you bring in a new Pin, that one too brings in daily impressions. The more Pins you have the greater the number of impressions.

The more impressions you have, the more likely there is to be engagements. If the engagement is a save or repin, that will create another set of impressions. The more people save your pins, the more the impressions and the likelihood of a click.

You should also focus on improving your link click rate. How will my Pin have 420, actually 419 impressions and only 1 click. Or 17 closeups and no clicks. At least, 5 clicks to 17 closeups won't be bad.

I see Pins having like 90 impressions and 1 link click. My goal is to have an average of 1 click for between 100 - 200 impressions. I have studied how to improve link clicks.

It is necessary you keep creating Pins. If you don't have any Pins, no one will visit your website. The more Pins you have out there on Pinterest, the more impressions and the more likely it is to be saved and even go viral. Submit as many Pins as you can. My plan is to submit 10 Pins every day for the next 20 days. That should give me over 200 Pins.

Pinterest is a search engine. The word optimization and search engine can not be divorced.

Your boards and Pins have to be optimized for searches. You have to include the right keywords when creating them. For your Pins, include hashtags in the description to make it easy for people to find them.

Even when creating your profile, it is necessary you include the right keywords as well. There are tutorials on this on Youtube
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by ottalo: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Just hit 1m monthly view

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Today, my impressions total is now 3,460 with 18 link clicks. This is an increase from the 2,050 impressions reported on April 18 which was 5 days ago. It would have been more than this but I mistakenly deleted a pin that had over 500 impressions with a link click. I am therefore sure I would have had double the impressions.

I have also designed about 40 new potential Pins. Some are very beautiful and I have started pinning them. I have pinned a total of 15 of the new ones.

Unfortunately, 4 of them aren't showing impressions because they contain affiliate links. Pinterest allows affiliate links but my mistake was to pin them one after the other. Pinterest has probably marked them as Spam and therefore won't show impressions.

It is advisable you give a reasonable gap when pinning Pins with affiliate links. If the first one has aff links, post like 5 without afflinks before you now post one with afflinks. Also give a few hours gap.

Best of all, I had my first save. Someone saved a new Pin I created within an hour of its creation. I was over the moon. I am gradually building momentum. I also had additional link clicks to my personal Pins which increased the tally to 3 clicks.

Then my followers. I added 8 followers in less than 24 hours bringing my followers to 69. That was the highest I have added in a single day. If it continues this way, I might be adding about 100 followers a day in about 3 months time effortlessly.

I'll use today and tomorrow to improve the SEO of my profile and boards. This is to increase the number of impressions I receive.

I should also work on my website as it isn't tidy. My web designer isn't the best. I'm scared of finding someone new as my account has been hacked twice and he was the one that put in place the current security for the site. I've had no problem ever since.

So guys, I'm sure with my plans to add 200 Pins with my current 20 and to improve the SEO of my boards and Pins, I should be seeing about 10,000 to 20,000 impressions a day and a minimum of 20 to 50 link clicks to my sites daily.

If a few Pins could go viral, I could get way load more traffic than I can imagine.
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
ottalo:
Just hit 1m monthly view

Wow! I'm impressed. Very impressed. I wish that was me now. My journey just start.

That means you probably got about 5,000 link clicks to your personal site. Congratulations. Let us know when you hit 10m.

Once more, congratulations!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nice Work You Two Are Doing Here, please i Want To Ask which One Is The Best Account to Open on Pinterest business Or Personal a/c?
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mkpi:
Nice Work You Two Are Doing Here, please i Want To Ask which One Is The Best Account to Open on Pinterest business Or Personal a/c?

Business
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by ottalo: 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mkpi:
business
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
I shut down work on Pinterest around 3am and started work around 12 noon. I noticed I had 2 new saves and 3 link clicks. If I could have 3 link clicks in just 9 hours, I might get as many as 10 clicks in a day. That'll make me happy but I think I might be hoping for too much.

I currently have 51 Pins

My new strategy of adding many new Pins seems to be working. Not just adding Pins, but also beautiful Pins.

I have also included a call to action to most of my new Pins and this seems to have increased the link click rate.

I have also discovered that my Pins that were designed with no keywords and had no keyword description in the description have very poor impressions. I have taken that to heart.

My next step will be to join group boards. My only question is whether they do bring in traffic or whether people just go there and dump Pins.

WHAT ARE GROUP BOARDS
Group boards are boards set up where members of that group can only post Pins or save Pins. It may be set up by a person or a group of persons. You'll need to be invited to become a member before you can join.

I'm in the make money online niche and want to join group boards in that niche. I, however, only want to post Pins on these group boards. I am not interested in saving Pins from there onto my personal boards. There may be others like me. That is the problem of group boards. A good number just want a place where people can see their Pins and either save it or click to visit their websites. They have no interest in saving Pins they find on these group boards on their personal boards.

Ottalo, are group boards worth it? Your answer will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
I just checked my stats. I have a total of 7.060 impressions and 206 engagements. That's a might increase from the figure I posted yesterday or so probably early this morning. That is a massive jump so soon.

I'm building momentum and I'm happy. Just praying one or more of my 200 Pins to be will go viral. I foresee myself having an average of 10 saves or repins daily a week from now.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2020
I opened my Pinterest account on March 30 so yesterday made it a month. How was my progress.

As of yesterday, I had almost 19,000 impressions and 8 pin saves and about 12 link clicks. I might have added another 2 saves today.

Results weren't impressive and I'm sure I could have done better but what did I learn and where must I improve on.

My biggest problem is that I'm on Pinterest not because I love the site like Nairaland but solely because I want traffic and to make money. I might need to fall in love with it like I've done with Nairaland to get the best out of it.

I need to use keywords when designing Pins. My Pins without keyword got little impressions. My Pin with the most repins (4) would have done much better if it had more impressions and keywords. As at when it had 4 saves, it had 9nky gotten 227 impressions. I have an average of 600 impressions per new Pin now and 500 impressions per day to all my Pins even if I don't pin.

If I had gotten 600 impressions to that Pin, I would probably have about 12 saves or repins from that Pin instead of 4.

The more Pins you have, the higher your impressions. The first 24 hours you launch a Pin, there's lots of activity and then things cool. I just wish it could stay consistently hot.

I think Pinterest belief is if your Pins are good, the initial boost is enough. Your impressions should grow natural through people repinning your Pin. This may be true.

I would have done much better but was limited by funds. I wanted to create design 200 Pins but had to stop at 40. The Pins I create myself ain't fine and that's why I outsource.

However, my biggest challenge might actually be my blog. It has quality issues. It needs to be heavily improved upon. I have been rejected by 2 different affiliate programs Leadpages.net and Grammarly (though the lattar repented grin). They both complained of the quality of my site. There is therefore no point sending traffic there. I'm sure by Tuesday, my blog will be ready.

For the time being, I want to commence a new strategy.

I noticed that my Pin with the most repins was direct to an affiliate offer and not to my blog. Since my blog is useless for now, I'm thinking why not design 10 similar Pins direct to the affiliate offer and pin them to my various boards. I'll use proper keywords this time.

I hope they get lots of repins and traffic as well as sales.

Once I'm satisfied my blog is okay, I'll start designing new Pins. I'll try and achieve 160 pins within 30 days.

I'm also starting another Pinterest account and blog. This time it will be in a desperate niche where sales conversions are easier.

I'm using a free blogger account. I just realized that blogger can drive traffic and this shouldn't be surprising as it's owned by Google. I should have some Pins ready by tomorrow.

I also plan to pay for some Pin promotion. There are gigs I've discovered where Pinterest members with massive followers are ready to repin your Pin on their boards. This will certainly drive traffic. If the Pin is to a high converting offer, it will mean sales.

I did not send any of my Pins to group boards. This was a massive mistake on my part as they could have driven traffic. I'll join about 40 of such group boards and start pinning on them. I hope it drives traffics.

I noticed that I had no link clicks to my most repinned Pin. This was shocking. I however discovered that I had hits to my affiliate link from that particular Pin.

I suspect Pinterest does not show you the link clicks to your Pin on boards that aren't yours that it is posted on. The only link clicks you see are those posted on your boards. My most saved Pin has no direct link clicks on it but my clickbank stats are showing me otherwise.

I got about 7 link clicks in 5 days. If I do create 10 new Pins as I've mentioned and can get 200 link clicks a week, I should be making over a $100 a week. That won't be bad. I could easily be making over $1,000 a month from this strategy.

I also read an article on how to make your Pin go viral. The writer advised on having a catchy title. I will study headlines deeply and create titles that will encourage the PIN to have lots of repins.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you any any contributions, please let is have it. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 7:37pm On May 03, 2020
I just discovered I actually started on the 9th of April, 2020. So, I have about 4 more days.

My biggest challenge now is power supply. This has put a spanner in the works unfortunately.

Also, my conscience was also pounding that wasn't i putting too much focus on money? Is it a do or die I meet a 4 day deadline? For some reason, I think I'm sinning. I've been consumed by this and I should, or we should all remember that there are more important things than money. Covid-19 tells me there's death. There's also family and importantly, our Creator.

I will go ahead and still follow through but more leisurely. Let me bring my BP down.

My plan in the next 4 days is to achieve an additional 20,000 impressions. I can achieve this if I create an additiinal 20 pins and submit to group boards. I will also submit all my old pins to group boards.

As of today, I have 9 saves and 16 link clicks. I notice I'm adding a new link click everyday or every 2 days(it might actually be everyday) . If I add 20 more pins, my link clicks could hit 2 daily or even more as Pinterest traffic growth is incremental or compounding..

If I implement my new strategy of writing headlines, I could get Pins to have more saves, link clicks or even go viral. I'm suspecting if I get this new Pins right, I could have on the average 5 saves a day and 10 to 15 link.clicks a day.

Now, that my blog is almost ready, I can now start adding affiliate links in strategic places. May 2020 is my month of having sales, making commissions.

I hope to be seeing you guys soon.

Edit
If I had 12 link clicks yesterday and I have 16 today, that means 4 were added within a day. I might already be getting my 4 new link clicks daily. It may still be early days.

If funds and light permit, my plan to have a total of 200 Pins bringing me traffic from the current 37 as of yesterday (I deleted some) should bring some fantastic results. The Pins, addition, including using keywords and using catchy headlines should result in spectacular results. I could be getting 100 link clicks a day with 30 days which would simply be awesome.

By the way, I have a total of 73 followers. This is puny. It seems the old model of simply following new people and they following you back isn't working anymore. All my followers seem to be natural which is a good thing. I'm no cheat! grin
I wish I could get my followers to hit 200 by the end of May.

They should. If with 37 Pins I have 73, then with 200 Pins, I. Should have at least 300. It won't be easy o!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 6:37pm On May 08, 2020
Ottalo
I need your help.

I joined a number of group boards I started to repin my personal Pins there. I did about 20 Pins yesterday and each of those Pins got a repin each. I was excited.

I tried to do same today but I found out I can not repin to the group boards any of my existing Pins. Why is that so? Do you know why? Any ideas? I'm gutted.

If I can't share or repin, I might as well end this journey
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by Oluwainnie(f): 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
grandstar:
I have decided to start this thread in order to open the eyes of Nigerians, especially internet marketers about the huge opportunities that can be tapped on Pinterest.

It is a shame that most Nigerian affiliate marketers aren't making substantial incomes online and many get rained abuses here that they are just glorified teaches who are after your 2,000 per ebook they want to sell to you.

I see no reason why affiliate marketers here in Nigeria can't earn $5,000 and above monthly online. Many are timid and limit themselves mainly to the Nigerian market which is regarded as a 3rd tier market online. The 1st tier markets are primarily the rich English speaking countries which are USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. If you're selling to the English speaking market, they are most likely to buy.

Tier 3 countries consist of poor countries like India, Bangladesh, Malawi, Lesotho and so forth that are least likely to buy. Nigerians can't even buy things on Clickbank! This mentality has to change. You're selling to people who have no money!

One way fo bringing about that change is to introduce to us the Pin sharing site Pinterest. Why Pinterest?

Pinterest is the biggest Picture content sharing site in the world and it has 335m monthly users as at March 2020 and growing. It is a traffic generating monster. The majority of its users are from tier 1 countries and 8 out of 10 American mothers is a Pinner. Over 70% of its users are women.

The majority of American Pinterest users earn on average $75,000 a year. That means they most likely have disposable income. Traffic here is known to convert quite well. They are also twice as likely to have a university education. Also, a whopping 48% of Pinterest users are keen on shopping compared to just 14% on Facebook

Look at the comprehensive stats here: https://blog.hootsuite.com/pinterest-statistics-for-business/

Now, how do I make money from Pinterest? First, how does Pinterest work?

Pinterest works by you creating clickable Pins which is linked to your content. These links are usually pictures with infographics written on it. I have attached an example below. The Article writing pin can be linked to www.makehotmoney.com/article-writing-tips (I made it up).

If people see your pin and they click it, it takes them to your content. Your content can be anything. It can be an article, a video , amazon kindle book, a Youtube link, etc. It can be virtually anything. Pinterest allows direct linking so affiliate links are allowed.

Where then do you store these Pins? You store them on boards.

Let us say you are in the weight loss niche. You can create a board titled "weight loss", another "lose weight quick", another "lose belly fat", another "weight loss supplements" and so on. Any Pin you create, you store the Pin in the board you think is the most appropriate. When visitors come to your boards, they will see your pins and click.

How can Pinterest make me money?
Let us say you now decide to create your own Pinterest account on weight loss. You decide to create 5 boards. Let us say even 1 board to start with.
You're bound to have a problem. The problem is that your board will be empty for a while as it will take you time to create Pins. Visitors are put off by an empty board. What can you do?

You find other people's Pins and repin them on your board. By the time you repin 20 pins, your board will have a lot of content. When visitors come to your board, they see those pins and click thereby sending them traffic. You can now start building your pins.

As you start creating your pins too, they too will be repinned to other boards as well. It is this repinning that fuels traffic. There's a pin I have seen repinned 7,000 times. There's a Pin that has been repinned 105,000 times! Just imagine the volume of traffic that Pin will generate, In order to have your Pins shared, you have to share the Pins of others.

Through Pinterest, you can have 100s of thousands of monthly visitors to your website or blog in as little as 6 months. It is a traffic generating monster and because a good number of users are in a shopping mood, conversions are high. Also, while a Facebook content is most likely to generate you traffic around when you post it, you can still get lots of traffic from old Pins on Pinterest, some even 5 years old. All it needs is for someone to repin it and the traffic wakes up again.

How can I get started?
First and foremost, I am no Pinterest guru. I have however read a lot and I am ready to share a lot of that knowledge here. I would advise you to follow up by watching Youtube Pinterest tutorials. You'll gain far more.

How then can you start? You start by registering with "Pinterest for Business" You need a Pinterest business account. Please note that each Pinterest account is best solely dedicated to a niche. You can't have an account doing both affiliate marketing and weight loss. It has to be committed to a niche.

How much do I need to get started?
You don't need a dime to get started but money usually helps. For instance, you may need a website. A .com or paid extension like .net or .info gives you respectability but if you have no money, you can go for a free blog or website like Blogger or Weebly. If you want to be in the make money or affiliate marketing niche, you can't afford to have a free website. Your visitors will feel if you can't afford $10 for a proper domain, that means you aren't making money and therefore not fit to teach how to make money. A free blog or website will do with most niches.

Also, note that Youtube videos are also content. Many things classify as content and not just blog or website articles.

I don't have any content whatsoever?
No need to kill yourself here. You can go to article directories such as ezinesarticles or articlebase to get free content. Just make sure you do not alter the signature of the author of those articles and place yours there instead. That is plagiarism. You're supposed to use those articles as they are. They are simply to be used as content for your sites. You can promote your offers just below the article or anywhere else on your sites such as a banner ad.

You can also search for "free PLR articles" on your niche. There are tons of free PLR articles online. Many are of very poor quality so be prepared to do a lot of editing. It is best you rewrite it to pass Copyscape so it will be considered as original content by Google. This will compel Google to rank the article as well. However, traffic from Pinterest should be enough but a double blessing by having Google by your side is great.

How do I design Pins like the one below?
If you're good at Photoshop or any other design software, you're really fortunate.

If however, you're not, then use www.canva.com. To know how to use canva, watch videos on how to make money on Pinterest on Youtube.

How to watch Youtube videos without burning my data.
Best you download YouTube Go on your phone. The app gives you the choice of choosing the quality of the video you choose to watch which greatly slashes the MB consumed.

For instance, there's a 28 minute video I just saw. There are 3 video qualities:
1. Data saver 22MB

2. Standard Quality: 59.8MB

3. High Quality: 77MB

Which one do you think I'll go for? Yes, the data saver and the quality is good. I barely notice any difference. You can also download the video into your phone, though not the memory card. You can then be watching the video as many times for free afterwards. I also use that option at times.

How can I buy the most MB at the cheapest price
When buying data plans on MTN and Airtel for example, go for the daily plans. In the daily plans for MTN and AIRTEL, you have the option of paying N300 for 1GB but must be used up within 24 hours. If however, you don't use it up within 24 hours, it is rolled over and that means you must top up to activate the rollover. Simply top up 25MB for N50 and the rollover is activated. 1GB can watch about 18 hours of content on Youtube Go. That 1GB should be able to last you for days if you're prudent.

I want to start a new Pinterest journey today and I'll keep you updated. I want others to join so we can all be learning and encouraging each other. I will be creating 5 Pins each day and repinning about 50 per day. This may be overkill but what the heck? grin

I already have content lined up but I will have to start adding more to my blog very soon. or else I would be out of personal content to pin on my boards. I also plan to follow 300 people daily so they can follow me back. At least half should follow back. Within 30days, I should have about 4,500 followers and in 6 months, about 50,000 as I believe many new followers naturally.

This thread is not limited to affiliate marketers alone. If you're selling anything online, you're free to join.

Below is the video that inspired me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akpnh8ZqhIA. Please watch the video to get a better understanding

Do note that Pinterest no longer shows how many times a Pin that isn't yours has been repinned. This video was made before that feature was scrapped.

If you want me to update this thread informative and useful, please leave your comments below.

t afford $10 for a proper domain, that means you aren

wow, this is a long read... but it's worth it
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by Oluwainnie(f): 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
grandstar:
Sorry for not updating you guys. I have been finding it a bit challenging

I had super high hopes when I joined Pinterest. I thought I could get a deluge of traffic overnight but it has not been the case. So far, I doubt I've gotten more than 5 visitors to my site.

Should that be a reason for despair? No.

Why? To make it on any platform, you need to understand it. The best way to understand it after reading about it is to get into it and experience it. That is the School of Hard Knocks. I am going through the learning process hard.

What I have discovered so far

1. Impressions
Impressions aren't clicks. They simply mean how many times your Pin has appeared or has been seen. It is like seeing a banner ad. Simply seeing it means nothing to the advertiser. It is when it is clicked it becomes useful.

However, the greater the number of impressions, the more likely someone is going to click

2. Closeups
After someone clicks your Pin, the Pin is then brought up close. This is a closeup. When brought up close, the person who clicked can read the description in the Pin and if he likes what he read, he can then click further and is then taken to your site. The purpose of the closeup is for the clicker to decide from what he read from your Pin description whether to visit your site or not.

3. Link Click
When someone clicks to visit your website after a closeup.

4. Saves
A save is what was previously called a repin. In Pinterest, you store your Pins and Pins of others on boards you have created. Let us say you have a Pin on "How to lose 20kg of fat in 10 weeks", you'll save it in a board you created named "How To Lose Weight".

Now, while browsing Pinterest, you may find some Pins you like relating to weight loss. You may now save those Pins on your "How To Lose Weight"board.

Saves are very important as they are an important source of traffic. How do they drive traffic?

Now, imagine people visit your boards. Let us say 10 people visit your "How To Lose Weight" board, they may like some Pins you saved on your boards and either visit the websites or save them on their own boards. The Pins could be your Pins or those of others.

In the past 10 days ago, I started with Pinterest, I have sent 10 visitors to about 8 Pins that were not mine. They were Pins visitors discovered on my various boards. Now, imagine a Pin that has been saved over 10,000 times on different boards? Can you imagine the amount of traffic, the Pin will get.

Everyone's prayer on Pinterest is that their Pin goes viral. Once it goes viral, expect a deluge of traffic to your website.

4. Engagements
Closeups, Link clicks and Saves all come under engagements. That simply means all those that engaged in your site in one way or the other. And the only way is either through closeups, link clicks and saves.

Now, how do we tie everything together?

Your primary purpose of joining Pinterest is to get traffic to either your blog, website or affiliate link (Pinterest allows direct linking but hate Spam).

How do you get traffic?

I have learned the hard way that traffic is built with momentum. Expecting such traffic overnight shouldn't be your goal. On Pinterest, traffic has a snowball effect. It starts small but begins to grow and grow until it becomes sizable. Unlike a snowball, you have to create the momentum yourself by adding new Pins and sharing Pins regularly. And pray that one or more of your Pins goes viral.

The momentum grows this way. Each Pin gets daily impressions. As you bring in a new Pin, that one too brings in daily impressions. The more Pins you have the greater the number of impressions.

The more impressions you have, the more likely there is to be engagements. If the engagement is a save or repin, that will create another set of impressions. The more people save your pins, the more the impressions and the likelihood of a click.

You should also focus on improving your link click rate. How will my Pin have 420, actually 419 impressions and only 1 click. Or 17 closeups and no clicks. At least, 5 clicks to 17 closeups won't be bad.

I see Pins having like 90 impressions and 1 link click. My goal is to have an average of 1 click for between 100 - 200 impressions. I have studied how to improve link clicks.

It is necessary you keep creating Pins. If you don't have any Pins, no one will visit your website. The more Pins you have out there on Pinterest, the more impressions and the more likely it is to be saved and even go viral. Submit as many Pins as you can. My plan is to submit 10 Pins every day for the next 20 days. That should give me over 200 Pins.

Pinterest is a search engine. The word optimization and search engine can not be divorced.

Your boards and Pins have to be optimized for searches. You have to include the right keywords when creating them. For your Pins, include hashtags in the description to make it easy for people to find them.

Even when creating your profile, it is necessary you include the right keywords as well. There are tutorials on this on Youtube

Thanks for breaking it down here, I have a Pinterest account, is this different from Pinterest business account.

What I mean is are they different apps, or can I switch (like instagram)
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 12:52am On Jun 02, 2020
Oluwainnie:

Thanks for breaking it down here, I have a Pinterest account, is this different from Pinterest business account.

What I mean is are they different apps, or can I switch (like instagram)

You need to upgrade to the business accoujt

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by Island01: 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
grandstar:
I'm a bit happy tonight for 2 reasons

1. I got a link click. That means someone clicked on my pin and was taken to my website!

2. I checked my Clickbank account and discovered I got a click to one of their offers I placed on Pinterest. Though Pinterest did not register it as a link click, I know its from Pinterest as I tracked it. I used the tracking ID "pint". That's how I know its from Pinterest.

I still haven't watched that video and I will do so tomorrow. Been busy today.

I am getting 10 pins designed. I plan to design a total of 200 Pins. I believe with 200 Pins, each bringing an average of 1 click a day, I'll have 200 link clicks every day. That's 200 visitors to my website every day! If every 100 visitors mean a conversion, that means 2 sales every day.

In Pinterest, there's something called closeup. That is when people click your Pin. It is after clicking your Pin and it has come up, they now have your Pin close up. They may now decide to link click to visit your site. I noticed I had 24 closeups to one Pin but only a link click. That Pin generated those closeups within 48 hours or so. Now if I could increase the click-through rate, I could get between 4 to 6 link clicks. That'll be about 2 to 3 clicks a day!

It is a high paying affiliate offer. Over $300 commission per sale. If I could get 10 people clicking a day, I'm sure of a sale within 30 days.

Good day bro, do you get paid when someone clicks on your clickbanking link
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by grandstar(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
Island01:

Good day bro, do you get paid when someone clicks on your clickbanking link

No. You only earn money when they buy
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by Antofred(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
Very useful thread...
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by lawlhee: 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Antofred:
Very useful thread...
grandstar:
I have decided to start this thread in order to open the eyes of Nigerians, especially internet marketers about the huge opportunities that can be tapped on Pinterest.

It is a shame that most Nigerian affiliate marketers aren't making substantial incomes online and many get rained abuses here that they are just glorified teaches who are after your 2,000 per ebook they want to sell to you.

I see no reason why affiliate marketers here in Nigeria can't earn $5,000 and above monthly online. Many are timid and limit themselves mainly to the Nigerian market which is regarded as a 3rd tier market online. The 1st tier markets are primarily the rich English speaking countries which are USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. If you're selling to the English speaking market, they are most likely to buy.

Tier 3 countries consist of poor countries like India, Bangladesh, Malawi, Lesotho and so forth that are least likely to buy. Nigerians can't even buy things on Clickbank! This mentality has to change. You're selling to people who have no money!

One way fo bringing about that change is to introduce to us the Pin sharing site Pinterest. Why Pinterest?

Pinterest is the biggest Picture content sharing site in the world and it has 335m monthly users as at March 2020 and growing. It is a traffic generating monster. The majority of its users are from tier 1 countries and 8 out of 10 American mothers is a Pinner. Over 70% of its users are women.

The majority of American Pinterest users earn on average $75,000 a year. That means they most likely have disposable income. Traffic here is known to convert quite well. They are also twice as likely to have a university education. Also, a whopping 48% of Pinterest users are keen on shopping compared to just 14% on Facebook

Look at the comprehensive stats here: https://blog.hootsuite.com/pinterest-statistics-for-business/

Now, how do I make money from Pinterest? First, how does Pinterest work?

Pinterest works by you creating clickable Pins which is linked to your content. These links are usually pictures with infographics written on it. I have attached an example below. The Article writing pin can be linked to www.makehotmoney.com/article-writing-tips (I made it up).

If people see your pin and they click it, it takes them to your content. Your content can be anything. It can be an article, a video , amazon kindle book, a Youtube link, etc. It can be virtually anything. Pinterest allows direct linking so affiliate links are allowed.

Where then do you store these Pins? You store them on boards.

Let us say you are in the weight loss niche. You can create a board titled "weight loss", another "lose weight quick", another "lose belly fat", another "weight loss supplements" and so on. Any Pin you create, you store the Pin in the board you think is the most appropriate. When visitors come to your boards, they will see your pins and click.

How can Pinterest make me money?
Let us say you now decide to create your own Pinterest account on weight loss. You decide to create 5 boards. Let us say even 1 board to start with.
You're bound to have a problem. The problem is that your board will be empty for a while as it will take you time to create Pins. Visitors are put off by an empty board. What can you do?

You find other people's Pins and repin them on your board. By the time you repin 20 pins, your board will have a lot of content. When visitors come to your board, they see those pins and click thereby sending them traffic. You can now start building your pins.

As you start creating your pins too, they too will be repinned to other boards as well. It is this repinning that fuels traffic. There's a pin I have seen repinned 7,000 times. There's a Pin that has been repinned 105,000 times! Just imagine the volume of traffic that Pin will generate, In order to have your Pins shared, you have to share the Pins of others.

Through Pinterest, you can have 100s of thousands of monthly visitors to your website or blog in as little as 6 months. It is a traffic generating monster and because a good number of users are in a shopping mood, conversions are high. Also, while a Facebook content is most likely to generate you traffic around when you post it, you can still get lots of traffic from old Pins on Pinterest, some even 5 years old. All it needs is for someone to repin it and the traffic wakes up again.

How can I get started?
First and foremost, I am no Pinterest guru. I have however read a lot and I am ready to share a lot of that knowledge here. I would advise you to follow up by watching Youtube Pinterest tutorials. You'll gain far more.

How then can you start? You start by registering with "Pinterest for Business" You need a Pinterest business account. Please note that each Pinterest account is best solely dedicated to a niche. You can't have an account doing both affiliate marketing and weight loss. It has to be committed to a niche.

How much do I need to get started?
You don't need a dime to get started but money usually helps. For instance, you may need a website. A .com or paid extension like .net or .info gives you respectability but if you have no money, you can go for a free blog or website like Blogger or Weebly. If you want to be in the make money or affiliate marketing niche, you can't afford to have a free website. Your visitors will feel if you can't afford $10 for a proper domain, that means you aren't making money and therefore not fit to teach how to make money. A free blog or website will do with most niches.

Also, note that Youtube videos are also content. Many things classify as content and not just blog or website articles.

I don't have any content whatsoever?
No need to kill yourself here. You can go to article directories such as ezinesarticles or articlebase to get free content. Just make sure you do not alter the signature of the author of those articles and place yours there instead. That is plagiarism. You're supposed to use those articles as they are. They are simply to be used as content for your sites. You can promote your offers just below the article or anywhere else on your sites such as a banner ad.

You can also search for "free PLR articles" on your niche. There are tons of free PLR articles online. Many are of very poor quality so be prepared to do a lot of editing. It is best you rewrite it to pass Copyscape so it will be considered as original content by Google. This will compel Google to rank the article as well. However, traffic from Pinterest should be enough but a double blessing by having Google by your side is great.

How do I design Pins like the one below?
If you're good at Photoshop or any other design software, you're really fortunate.

If however, you're not, then use www.canva.com. To know how to use canva, watch videos on how to make money on Pinterest on Youtube.

How to watch Youtube videos without burning my data.
Best you download YouTube Go on your phone. The app gives you the choice of choosing the quality of the video you choose to watch which greatly slashes the MB consumed.

For instance, there's a 28 minute video I just saw. There are 3 video qualities:
1. Data saver 22MB

2. Standard Quality: 59.8MB

3. High Quality: 77MB

Which one do you think I'll go for? Yes, the data saver and the quality is good. I barely notice any difference. You can also download the video into your phone, though not the memory card. You can then be watching the video as many times for free afterwards. I also use that option at times.

How can I buy the most MB at the cheapest price
When buying data plans on MTN and Airtel for example, go for the daily plans. In the daily plans for MTN and AIRTEL, you have the option of paying N300 for 1GB but must be used up within 24 hours. If however, you don't use it up within 24 hours, it is rolled over and that means you must top up to activate the rollover. Simply top up 25MB for N50 and the rollover is activated. 1GB can watch about 18 hours of content on Youtube Go. That 1GB should be able to last you for days if you're prudent.

I want to start a new Pinterest journey today and I'll keep you updated. I want others to join so we can all be learning and encouraging each other. I will be creating 5 Pins each day and repinning about 50 per day. This may be overkill but what the heck? grin

I already have content lined up but I will have to start adding more to my blog very soon. or else I would be out of personal content to pin on my boards. I also plan to follow 300 people daily so they can follow me back. At least half should follow back. Within 30days, I should have about 4,500 followers and in 6 months, about 50,000 as I believe many new followers naturally.

This thread is not limited to affiliate marketers alone. If you're selling anything online, you're free to join.

Below is the video that inspired me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akpnh8ZqhIA. Please watch the video to get a better understanding

Do note that Pinterest no longer shows how many times a Pin that isn't yours has been repinned. This video was made before that feature was scrapped.

If you want me to update this thread informative and useful, please leave your comments below.

Following, I really love Pinterest. It's great
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by efe21: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nice one
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by mikeosabuohien: 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello , what an insightful content, have actually be searching on how to make extra income from the internet, because I know there are a lot of opportunities yet unfold.

But my challenge has been that, getting this kind of information or having to get directions from someone who is already a pro in making money online.

Please I actually want to learn from you.because am just a hustler trying to make money legitimately.

Pls I actually want to contact you.....my email is

mikeosabuohien@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: How To Make Money On Pinterest by Kingboss1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2022
I hope you find these helpful. To make online has been a way lot of people uses to earn $1000 monthly or even more. I can suggest you go with CPL affiliate marketing.

This allows you get paid in USD when a lead uses your conversion to verify an info required. The client doesn't have to buy any product before you earn.

Or..

You can look into Amazon kdp. A very simple way to earn lots of dollars by publishing your content either e-book, notebook, activity books or even log books on the site. You can earn a good amount of $500-$2500 monthly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need More Light On This Access Closa Commission Chart / Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate For March 2024 (lagos Parallel Market / Business Branding: Get An Article Published In Your Name In Newspapers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.