Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

FG To Disburse N5bn Loans To 500,000 Traders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Disburse N5bn Loans To 500,000 Traders (246 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Market Trader Money, Distributes ₦‎750m To 15,000 Traders / Subsidy: FG To Disburse 50,000 Naira Grants To Nigerians / FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Disburse N5bn Loans To 500,000 Traders by newsaddict24: 2:52am On Apr 11, 2020
The Federal Government has said in the next few weeks it is going to provide 500,000 petty traders across the country micro loans of N5bn to cushion the economic hardship caused by coronavirus lockdown.

It said it would do this through the Tradermoni, Marketmoni and Farmermoni programmes, adding that 100,000 of such traders had already got the loans.

A statement from the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development indicated that it would be doing this through the Government Entreprise and Empowerment Programme, which had been activated.

It is one of the social intervention programmes, comprising TraderMoni, MarketMoni and FarmerMoni, and executed by the Bank of Industry.

The statement read in part, “GEEP is a completely digitised programme where all eligible traders are captured into a database, verified via phone and facial recognition technology, and receive disbursements in mobile wallets.

“Over the next few weeks, a total of N5bn is expected to be disbursed through GEEP, reaching up to 500,000 petty traders nationwide.

“With several states going on lockdown, petty traders and micro enterprises are hit the hardest as they live on daily incomes from trade.

“These loans are to cushion the income losses, while also enabling these traders to serve their communities with essential items like food, hygiene products, and domestic supplies. The first phase of 100,000 loans has kicked off.”

It added that one of the rounds of disbursements had been carried out at the Obalende Local council development Area Community Market in Lagos.

SOURCE: https://real-time24.com/fg-to-disburse-n5bn-loans-to-500000-traders/

Re: FG To Disburse N5bn Loans To 500,000 Traders by Samoneo(m): 2:59am On Apr 11, 2020
If it's not the usual audio disbursement, I thinks ts the right step to take. I just pray it get to the real traders with no political undertone..
Re: FG To Disburse N5bn Loans To 500,000 Traders by Citytrend: 4:13am On Apr 11, 2020
I wish I have a government who cares. This is me speaking. Not the faceless Entrepreneurs
Re: FG To Disburse N5bn Loans To 500,000 Traders by jeffizy(m): 4:20am On Apr 11, 2020
The Government of Billions, Billions, Billions!

I still wait to come across a single person that benefitted from the Billion Gang.
Re: FG To Disburse N5bn Loans To 500,000 Traders by Blackfire(m): 4:27am On Apr 11, 2020
What kind of govt is this??

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Government Reverse It's Earlier Announcement / Pay Us Via Our Bvn – Nigerians React To The 14 Days Lockdown / Revealed: Plots To Blackmail Pdp's Rebuild Imo Administration Uncovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.