Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) (1856 Views)

Offa Bank Robberies; Another Wanted Gang Member Arrested By Police. Photos / The Shocking Similarities Of The Bank Robberies In Offa And Iwo / Prison Lords: Even As Kirikiri Inmates, They Coordinate Robberies In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by 9jainfoparrot: 7:51am On Apr 11, 2020
The residents of Ogun State are currently having an awful and mind-stressing experience amid the lockdown ordered by the Federal Government.

It’s been all over social media that some areas in Ogun State like Agbado, Sango, Ijoko, Adiyan, Oke-Aro, Ope-Ilu, Itoki, Abule and Ogba-Ago are experiencing late night robberies that are shaking up homes and have caused the men to be vigilantes, so as to protect their homes.

Reports had it that the thieves rob in hundreds and they even inform residents about their coming, before robberies are being carried out. The Internet is flooded with pictures of men burning tyres on the road, just to let the robbers know they’re not asleep.

A Twitter user posted a picture of him and sought the intervention of the government as the claimed that if the so-called robbers show up, there’s nothing to protect themselves with. Another user posted a video with a dark background, but noises from when robbers were trying to break down a door could be heard and the occupants of the house screaming for help could also be heard.

It was also reported that the robbers came with POS and ordered their victims to break their cards after every transaction.

A Twitter influencer identified as Danny Walter reported that two of the residents have been killed as well as two of the robbers.

See videos and more photos via link: https://9jainfoparrot.com.ng/ogununrest-residents-of-ogun-state-are-being-robbed-constantly-amid-lockdown-photos-video/

Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by MichaelBukamzy(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2020
Same here in nsukka enugu state.gbas gbos every night. Since last month i can count the number of times i slept with my two eyes closed.government ahbeg ooo.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by 4reala(m): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2020
Na wah o, this lockdown don't increase crime almost everywhere
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by olaric(m): 8:19am On Apr 11, 2020
A colleague of mine who lives in Ogba Ayo told me this last night. God please help us; people are starving; yet it's not sufficient reason to rob people.
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 11, 2020
In these trying times? See why its difficult to pity them when they face jungle justice...
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by bluemansion: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by DanseMacabre(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2020
The plot thickens...

Guys, I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but things will progressively get worse than this if the status quo ante remains.

This is the perfect atmosphere in which criminal elements thrive. Everyone one is home, and in this hell-hole country of ours where security is poor non-existent, your guess is good as mine as to what will continue to unfold if this lockdown persists.

Soon even the normally law-abiding citizen might have no choice when faced with hunger than to start breaking into stores or houses himself.

Get yourself armed people.

Above all, may this scourge pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Nukilia: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2020
olaric:
A colleague of mine who lives in Ogba Ayo told me this last night. God please help us; people are starving; yet it's not sufficient reason to rob people.

Those are criminals who look for ways of stealing from innocent people. Why don't they look for politicians who out everyone in this mess in the first place. The robbers will be caught and massacred, I know that for sure undecided
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Nickshrapnel: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2020
This may sound ridiculous but it’s our best chance at survival, go and get a weapon, I mean a gun and not a cutlass or axe
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Hamilton1(m): 8:52am On Apr 11, 2020
Afonjas doin wat de knw hw 2 do best

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by harakiri(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
This may sound ridiculous but it’s our best chance at survival, go and get a weapon, I mean a gun and not a cutlass or axe

I have been saying this same thing for years...ppl will say "there will be blood shed everywhere" which is nonsense. If you have a gun and I have a gun and we have issues, its most likely we settle with dialogue. Same thing with a criminal who knows you are armed. He will think twice or even thrice before committing the act.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Nickshrapnel: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
harakiri:

I have been saying this same thing for years...ppl will say "there will be blood shed everywhere" which is nonsense. If you have a gun and I have a gun and we have issues, its most likely we settle with dialogue. Same thing with a criminal who knows you are armed. He will think twice or even thrice before committing the act.
These thieves are selfish and heartless so even if it gets to a point where I kill one, it may be argued as culpable homicide
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by spiralwedge(m): 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

Harakiri,
I want one. Dunno how to get.
After they came to our house few years ago, I've resolved to get one
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Nickshrapnel: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
spiralwedge:

Harakiri,
I want one. Dunno how to get.
After they came to our house few years ago, I've resolved to get one
Where you’d get one, I can’t tell. You’d have to figure that out yourself wink

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Superjazz: 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Or even a crossbow at least if u can't get a gun combined with locally made teargas and acid
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by Yobabad: 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
During the day all of them will be online to wage E_war against the Igbos, at night the will be looking for food, ndi oshe . Ndi Aruruala
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by wittyt98(m): 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
it's very scary o. I live not too far from Sango and yesterday they came to a street close to mine around Kola/ALAKUKO axis

they broke into people's homes and stole valuables. information reaching me is that, they're mostly a team of cultists combined with thieves numbering about 30-50 doing a joint task operation. they're said to be armed with Cutlasses and guns. we can't go out after 9:30 - 10pm to buy something in the streets. they stop people, Rob them and even stab them. the Government should pls deploy SARS or soldiers to these affected neighborhoods to curb the menace. We live in fear, we are our own vigilantes now

Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by AgentNairaland(f): 12:52am On Apr 12, 2020
But What's Amotekun Doing, I Don't Just Understand
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by johnkey: 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Please let them attack politicians house in troops leaving trails of blood and tears, I will support that one 100%. Sorrowful death to all the politicians and their apologists.
Re: Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) by 9jainfoparrot: 2:51am On Apr 15, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
These thieves are selfish and heartless so even if it gets to a point where I kill one, it may be argued as culpable homicide

But such homicide is justifiable under the law, you won't be found guilty cos the law allows you to defend your property, even if death arises from the defense.

(1) (Reply)

.... / Man Accused Of Rape By Queency Benna Speaks Out (video) / 100 Level Unijos Student Killed On Her Way To Church, Laid To Rest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.