Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

#coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon (254 Views)

Companies, Government Agencies And Officials Return To Twitter As Ban Is Lifted / Kemi Olunloyo: My DSS Boyfriend Told Me A FULL LOCKDOWN Is Coming / Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

#coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by mosky360(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2020
Lifting coronavirus lockdown measures too early could spark a "deadly resurgence" in infections, the World Health Organization chief has warned. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said countries and cities should be cautious about easing restrictions, even as some struggle with the economic impact.

Speaking at a virtual news conference in Geneva, Dr Tedros said there had been a "welcome slowing" of the epidemics in some European countries. He said WHO was working with governments to form strategies for easing restrictions, but that this should not be done too soon.

In Akwa Ibom State which has been battling to halt the spread of the deadly virus since 5 index cases were confirmed in the state. Despite the difficulty the state is experiencing getting residents to obey its stay-at-home order, the state government on Thursday, lifted its restriction order so residents could go to church for Easter celebrations. A government source said Governor Udom Emmanuel approved the relaxation of..... (click the link below to read MORE==> https://www.aksu360.com/2020/04/coronavirus-who-warns-of-deadly.html)

Re: #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by ODB2: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2020
Same WHO that stated there was no need to impose travel restrictions from China?

1 Like

Re: #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by masterflowx(m): 10:06am On Apr 11, 2020
Lockdown without palliative measure in Nigeria. Lai Mohammed and Bubu says they have shared over N100bn to Nigeria citizens and nobody is giving testimony of receiving Kobo from the FG.

The truth is that if the Lockdown continue for another 2 months I'm good to go in as much those shops selling food stuff is not closed.
Re: #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by ODB2: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2020
This same useless WHO is who you people are still taking advice from?

Here...

Jan 14, WHO declared no evidence of human-to-human transmission of virus.

Jan 21, Dr. Fauci makes this statement about the Coronavirus: "“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,

Jan 23, At an emergency committee convened by the World Health Organization, the WHO says that the Wuhan coronavirus does not yet constitute a public health emergency of international concern.

Jan 28, Chinese President Xi Jinping meets with WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom in Beijing. At the meeting, Xi and the WHO agree to send a team of international experts, including US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention staff, to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.

Jan 29, The White House announces the formation of a new task force that will help monitor and contain the spread of the virus.

Jan 31, Trump bans travel from Wuhan, press cites "experts" claiming it is counterproductive.

Feb 1, Florence holds "Hug a Chinese Person Day".

Feb 4, President Trump dedicates part of State of the Union Address to the Coronavirus issue. Nancy Pelosi tore up her copy of this address on national television.

Feb 9, NYC holds Chinatown parade with assurances of no danger from the mayor

Feb 23, 1st evidence of community transfer within U.S.

Feb 24, Pelosi says to shop more: "‘Come to Chinatown ... come join us"

Feb 25, Mardi Gras was held with few people sounding warnings

Feb 26, Pence takes over task force, daily briefings begin.

March 1, just 42 confirmed cases in U.S.

March 3, NYC mayor encourages New Yorkers to go to the movies.

March 5, NYC mayor rides the subway to assure people it is safe to do so.

March 11, WHO acknowledged a pandemic scale virus on March 11
Re: #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by ODB2: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2020
masterflowx:
Lockdown without palliative measure in Nigeria. Lai Mohammed and Bubu says that they have shared over N100bn to Nigeria citizens and nobody is giving testimony of receiving Kobo from the FG.

The truth is that if the Lockdown continue for another 2 months I'm good to go in as much those shops selling food stuff is not closed.

Which palliative?

They will use the confinement and hunger to force you to take their vaccine and chip. They will dangle 5k for your soul and you will hungrily accept it.

I sorry for all of una for that urban slum jungle.
Re: #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by alizma: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2020
I said it earlier, it seems we started the lock down
within the country a little early.
And we are still making the mistake in some state with little case. I see no reason why a state with less than 5 cases should lockdown its border. My idea may sounds unreasonable but we would understand better if the corona virus linger. With the way we started, Nigerians should prepare for 3months lock down and don't ask me how, just save this and watch how things unfold
Re: #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by Horus(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2020
Lockdown restrictions should remain until evidence shows the peak has passed
Re: #coronavirus: WHO Warns Of A "Deadly Resurgence" If Lockdown Is Lifted Too Soon by Mynd44: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2020

(1)

ICPC Probes N1.68 Billion Assets Linked To Lagos Commissioner / Coronavirus: Edo Govt Insists Partial Lockdown Best Option / We Can't Send Anything To Who Have Total Of N5,000 In His Bank Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.