Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan (2462 Views)

In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by OAM4J: 3:35am On Jan 04, 2011
mikeansy:

Ahmadu Bello's North may be dead but some are at risk of re-inventing Ahmadu Bello's North with their ridiculous rhethoric.

A North where everybody has a view and the Birom man is as free as the Hausa man to express their view is a match towards freedom that must be never be reversed. This new found freedom is something both the Hausas and the Northern minorities should all be proud of, it does not call for any triumphalism from the South. Rather we need to nuture this progress through sensible efforts and not by slagging them as if they are a conquered people.

I agree with you 100% It should be seen as a match towards freedom that should be nurtured. Enough of one man speaking in Sultan's palace for the entire North without due consultations.

We should encourage the Birom people, the Kanuris, etc to find the voices same at it is in South South.
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 3:40am On Jan 04, 2011
mikeansy:

What does the above stand for?
Ask hard question if you wish and I do not believe you ask harder questions than I do on this site. What matters is how you ask them.

What has having an Igbo man as Interior Minister got to do with solving a serious problem? Call out Capt Iheanacho to solve the National Identity problem which clearly is a National scandal. He will have to work hard to achieve any results and he will do his job as a Nigerian solving a Nigerian problem.

If your working premise is that because he is Igbo then he will achieve the correct results in your eyes; it betrays some myths that his predecessors failed in your eyes because they are non-Igbos.  What do you get in an air of suspicion like that? Iheanacho's employees in the Ministry of interior may carry on colluding with politicians to doctor results in their own area and what should be a noble effort to solve a real National Scandal will simply be taken over by short term parochial interests.

But how did it all start? It starts from folks misrepresenting what the effort has been all about in the first place.

Having an accurate statistics of how many we are is in the interest of all Nigerians from Maidugiri to Sokoto to Port Harcourt. If a Govt has no accurate statistics how can they plan. But you speak of it as if there is some kind of Igbo agenda Jonathan is trying to fulfill by appointing an Igbo man as Interior Minister.

This is not about sounding popular, this is about being strategic and achieving results.

anyway, let the debate end. You are what you are and some things may never change. I only get offended when folks like you arrogate yourselves the responsibility of speaking for the rest of us without knowing what damage you are actually doing to Igbos.

So, Iheanocho would now be the first Igbo to solve a difficult national problem? And then single Igbos out?
Dude, again, what are you talking?

Where were you when Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesiri, Soludo and Akunyili were solving those big national problems?

You are the one singling yourself out (not Igbos) on this issue.
I made my point because Igbo are known to tackle difficult national problems. That is a fact of history.
If you are worried that I pointed that out, then  you have thrown the same cause you claim to be fighting for under the bus. Man up and face facts.

But let me ask you a question. Assuming for instance that Iheanacho finds out that population figures have been doctored in the past to favor the north, what do you suggest he does?

Should he cover it up in order to avoid being blamed for letting the cat out of the bag because he is Igbo?

Nna make sure you visit village more often. You are beginning to sound like efulefu.
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Nobody: 3:52am On Jan 04, 2011
BTW Can I just duff my heart for Bianca Ojukwu.

She deployed all the skills of tact and diplomacy you will expect from a Beauty Queen in that speech.
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by OAM4J: 4:06am On Jan 04, 2011
mikeansy:

She deployed all the skills of tact and diplomacy you will expect from a Beauty Queen in that speech.

Your heart or your cap? shocked

Ikemba is still a warrior o, even on a sick bed. . . I'll advice you tread carefully the path which even angels dread to pass  grin
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 4:09am On Jan 04, 2011
OAM4J:

Ikemba is still a warrior o, even on a sick bed. . . I'll advice you tread carefully the path which even angels dread to pass  grin

hehehe! grin grin grin tell am o!
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 4:10am On Jan 04, 2011
mikeansy:

Agreed.
She is a rare combination of beauty and brains. I can't wait for her political career to launch.  cool

Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Obiagu1(m): 4:13am On Jan 04, 2011
@ OnlyTruth, you sound as if you work for Jonathan and know things we don't know. You even know that Jonathan believes the population figures are false and you know he wasn't doing what he is doing because of greed.

I then ask you, are you GEJ? If not, are you his chief of staff or personal assistant? If not, did you formulate all this you say for him because you believe that's how he is thinking as well?

*shaking my head*
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by marcdunu: 4:15am On Jan 04, 2011
OAM4J:

Sorry he meant my hat.

certainly will not mess with the lion of Igbo land lol.
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 04, 2011
She is hawwt!!!

Why the multicolor foundation tho? undecided Nevertheless, she is beautiful kiss

Makes me wonder if she came from the same [i]people [/i]as some peeps in here grin
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Obiagu1(m): 4:21am On Jan 04, 2011
mikeansy:

@ Onlytruth

Do not under-estimate the limits of selfish interest and vaulting ambition. Education can not thame a man's insatiable quest for power sometimes.

I will also say to you another thing, quit your we vs them mentality. Not a lot can be achieved under such air of suspicion. In fact we run the risk of a situation where issues of universal interest which obviously benefits Igbos and also other Nigerians get treated with suspicion and hence fail. In a situation like that we all loose.

This is a democracy, Jonathan will not achieve a lot without NASS approval. If you start talking about mainstream issues as if they only benefit sectional interests then we will not make much progress.

I give you an example. Obama fought for Healthcare and risked his political future on it. He said it was for all poor people whether they are white, black, latino or asian americans. But it is obvious he took on this task knowing that amongst poor americans there are more ethnic monorities below the poverty line. Yet the debate was framed as being in the interest of all Americans which it certainly is.

Number 2, there is a reason USA reluctantly chose to do business with Russia and preferred to contain the Russia and Georgia situation as opposed to sticking by Goergia thier traditional allies and antagonising Russia. It is called recognition of inconvinient realities. Russia has a veto power at the UN and is still a super power.

It is in the interest of Ndigbo in the wider Nigeria geopolitics to maintain a healthy relationship with the North and yet have a good relationship with our cousins in the South South. We are a majority ethnic group and so is the Hausas. They need us as much as we need them. An alliance between the igbos and Hausas can achieve either electoral victory or NASS voting results.

But liaising with the South South alone and alienating everyone else is simply a boneheaded move because you can not achieve anything with that alliance. Not electoral victory nor NASS legislative victory.

Make no mistake, when Jonathan's ambition is out of the way one way or the other; the Ijaws and the Hausas will reconcile and you will be left out in the cold if you have made enough enemies by then.

So I honestly do not see the point of this your we against them mentality. Capt Iheanacho was appointed Interior Minister, so what? If he is smart and ensures that we have a National ID card scheme that guarantees that we have a true idea of our population. How is that not in the interest of the whole of Nigeria? If Nigeria is able to fashion out a plan where we set up a programme to achieve true fedralism and dedicate our oil resource in the coast of guinea to develop regional economies so that states get self sufficient, How is that not in the interest of all Nigerians.

better still if we are able to exploit the current NASS overhead cost to restructure to old regions so that cost of running the federal government becomes cheaper and meaning more money to dedicate to programmes like energy, education or health infrastructure. How is that not in the interest of all Nigerians?

This is politics 101. leave your we vs they mentality. It has never worked and will never move this country forward. For the future of Ndigbo is simply intertwined with the future of Nigeria. Stop speaking of main stream interests as if they are some sinister Igbo interest. It is not in the interest of anybody to do so and not certainly in the interest of Ndigbo.

Thanks for the post especially the bolded. It was what kept us relevant in the 60s and what will keep us relevant in the future.
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 4:23am On Jan 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

@ OnlyTruth, you sound as if you work for Jonathan and know things we don't know. You even know that Jonathan believes the population figures are false and you know he wasn't doing what he is doing because of greed.

I then ask you, are you GEJ? If not, are you his chief of tstaff or personal assistant? If not, did you formulate all this you say for him because you believe that's how he is thinking as well?

*shaking my head*

I told you that I don't look at things from obvious angles. Let me say this, I could be wrong at the end of the day (though from my personal antecedents, that is unlikely cool).

All I'm saying is that only a COLOSSAL fool would go against Northern Nigeria based on greed alone, without something solid backing him. I would never believe that Jonathan is a fool, at least not yet. He has not given me any reason to think so.

He has not made any serious wrong moves since he took over, and I don't believe he would spend months to make up his mind about running, only to do something pedestrian.

So I assume he must know something we don't know. I am not his inner circle but I follow Nigerian politics very closely.
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Olaedo1: 4:27am On Jan 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

Thanks for the post especially the bolded. It was what kept us relevant in the 60s and what will keep us relevant in the future.

The same relevants that's leading Igbos begging for presidency as a sign of equality right? cheesy
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 4:27am On Jan 04, 2011
marcdunu:

Sorry meant my hat.

certainly will not mess with the lion of Igbo land lol.

Bia marcdunu, so you are mikeansy? Chei!  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Obiagu1(m): 4:27am On Jan 04, 2011
Onlytruth:

I told you that I don't look at things from obvious angles. Let me say this, I could be wrong at the end of the day (though from my personal antecedents, that is unlikely cool).

All I'm saying is that only a COLOSSAL fool would go against Northern Nigeria based on greed alone, without something solid backing him. I would never believe that Jonathan is a fool, at least not yet. He has not given me any reason to think so.

He has not made any serious wrong moves since he took over, and I don't believe he would spend months to make up his mind about running, only to do something pedestrian.

So I assume he must know something we don't know. I am not his inner circle but I follow Nigerian politics very closely.

I'll remind you of this post when the election figures come out and the population you think the North don't have stares you in the face.

I'll remind you to openly and formally call GEJ, a COLOSSAL FOOL.

but again, folks like me will be crying knowing the problem this has created for me and my children.
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 4:31am On Jan 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

I'll remind you of this post when the election figures come out and the population you think the North don't have stares you in the face.

I'll remind you to openly and formally call GEJ, a COLOSSAL FOOL.

but again, folks like me will be crying knowing the problem this has created for me and my children.

grin grin grin

Relax, you won't cry.
You think I don't entertain your fears too?
The difference between us is that I believe that Ndigbo are a majority tribe, if not THE single biggest tribe in Nigeria. Therefore we can win the presidency irrespective of these fears. All we need do is plan well and execute it well.

Calm down bros, no shaking! cool
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by OAM4J: 4:34am On Jan 04, 2011
Onlytruth:

Bia marcdunu, so you are mikeansy? Chei!  shocked shocked shocked

Just noticed too grin grin grin
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 4:35am On Jan 04, 2011
OAM4J:

Just noticed too grin grin grin

Yea I noticed! Chineke! shocked shocked

I don dey fear for nairaland o! grin
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 4:42am On Jan 04, 2011
^^

I was arguing with mikeansy, I didn't know I was actually arguing with marcdunu.

If I knew, I wouldn't even have bothered because marcdunu and I have long agreed to disagree.

SMH!  shocked undecided cry cry
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 05, 2011
And so? Atleast mike still had the same reasoning.

What about Andrew Uweh with his 29 IDs. . . . being neutral with some and tribalistic with others.

Insane! It wouldnt surprise me if OnlyTruth was Dede1 undecided
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by marcdunu: 6:17am On Jan 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What about Andrew Uweh with his 29 IDs. . . . being neutral with some and tribalistic with others.

Insane! It wouldnt surprise me if OnlyTruth was Dede1 undecided

I am not Dede1.

Dede1 and I never agree on anything!!!!
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 05, 2011
marcdunu:

I am not Dede1.

Dede1 and I never agree on anything!!!!
Are you Onlytruth? shocked

Ileke-IdI:

Insane! It wouldnt surprise me if [b]OnlyTruth [/b]was Dede1 undecided
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by marcdunu: 6:23am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^^^

I could be you too.

I am Ileke-Idi
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 05, 2011
marcdunu:

^^^^^^

I could be you too.

I am Ileke-Idi

Ok, now I know that we have crazies on NL angry cheesy

Anywaz, you're not mikeasny. . . . good day!
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by marcdunu: 6:29am On Jan 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, now I know that we have crazies on NL angry cheesy

Anywaz, you're not mikeasny. . . . good day!

I am mikeansy
I am onlytruth
and I also want to be Ileke Idi.

In one week time I will be Andrew Uweh!!!
Re: Bianca, Ojukwu’s Wife, Pays Tribute To Jonathan by udezue(m): 7:16am On Jan 05, 2011
marcdunu:

^^^^^^

I could be you too.

I am Ileke-Idi
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parafa Ikorodu Road; The State Of Nigerian Roads. Between Lagos And FG...PICS / CORRUPTION, WASTE & HYPOCRISY. Lagos-ibadan Express Road Construction, Compared. / Two Women Killed, Many More Hospitalised As Protest Continues In Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.