Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Is Your Biggest Regret? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Biggest Regret? (4997 Views)

I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? / Come Share Your Biggest Problem, Challenge Or Source Of Depression! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2020
We've all made bad choices. I'll start with mine...

One of my biggest regrets till date was not seizing the opportunity to migrate to the U.S when it was presented to me on a platter.

I was in my penultimate year at the university. My dad had made some connections and he presented the idea to me.

I refused.

I told him I wanted to acquire my certificate first so I don't have to start from scratch when I migrate. I mean, it was the most logical thing to do since I had just one year remaining to get my degree.

Well, 6 months later, my dad passed on and so went the connections.

Inasmuch as things are great for me right now, I'm not fulfilled. I'm not living at my full capacity cause my work environment (and this country at large) breeds mediocrity.

I can't share my ideas with my bosses without fear of hurting someone's ego and calling unwarranted resentment targeted at me.

The mentality of the black man is his own curse and his resolve to stick to outdated traditions is his punishment.

If you're a progressive and aims for excellence, you should consider outsourcing your skills outside this country where hardwork and intelligence are duly rewarded.

Alright. That's mine. Share yours.

19 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by yomi007k(m): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
My dear, better be grateful.

What if when you abandoned university and the travelling runs also didnt work out?

I know someone that this happened to. He abandoned university because he wanted to migrate but he is still in Nigeria now after 12 years living below par.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Sharonstone7719: 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
why regret something that you learned from? I don't have any. If I did, I would regret everything I have ever done. We can only learn from what we've done in the past, whether it was something we wanted or not, whether we messed up or not also.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by jaksmillioniar: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
I wish I marry early in life

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
I wish I marry early in life

The universe makes everything beautiful in it's own time.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
yomi007k:
My dear, better be grateful.

What if when you abandoned university the travelling runs also didnt work out?

I know someone that this happened to. He abandoned university because he wanted to migrate but he is still in Nigeria now after 12 years living below par.

That's unfortunate. Living with that must have been hard for him
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by yomi007k(m): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Astride:

That's unfortunate. Living with that must have been hard for him

Very hard. He wishes he could turn back the hands of time.

Be grateful o. I see him sometimes. True story.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by jaksmillioniar: 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Astride:

thank u.I dont regret even if late I still got a woman
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
None.
But I have made deadly mistakes but I am better for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
thank u.I dont regret even if late I still got a woman

That's lovely. I bet it was worth the wait.
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Ifyjos(f): 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
I regret having a sister
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Yustash001(m): 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
Not learning a manual job while waiting to gain admission....

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by yomi007k(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ifyjos:
I regret having a sister

Kai! Stop that.
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by yomi007k(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Yustash001:
Not learning a manual job while waiting to gain admission....

Make sense. You can always learn that.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by veave(f): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
I don't think I have any regrets about things happening in my life.

Maybe I should have learnt how to make dresses or hair. But I cant draw a straight line neither can I combine colors.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by YourCoffin: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
I regret not learning how to cook. In this lockdown I still have to buy food outside. After lockdown I am enrolling in cooking school.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
It has to be my first boyfriend. I regret ever dating him. I thought I was smart. I told myself i wouldn't date a guy from school, i needed a long distance thing so i could focus on myself and school. I rejected the guys from school because of him.
My village people reasoned my matter and gave me a liar, I was with him for over 4 years, I saw the signs but couldn't let myself free from him.
Women and mothers here, please educate your daughters on sex, a lady doesnt have to be ashamed for having sex, I was too naive, I told myself "i cant break up with him, he has seen my naked body..."
I enjoy my privacy so I give him the same. I dont visit him unannounced, it has to be him that tells me to come. I was unable to catch him red handed because of this. I supported him financially, emotionally, I pray for him and all of that.
I really dont know how some guys can be intentionally wicked to a lady that clearly loves them, all his family members knew I wasnt the only one he was deceiving. 80% of the money I saved while in school or during service I borrowed him because I believed God would have found him a job before I needed the money.
The money was meant to start a business after my service year.
I didnt know my boyfriend was an SSCE holder, my money was gone, the dream of starting the business started to look blurry. He had lied to me all along, even told me about how difficult it is to get a job after school, how his dad has sent his CV to a rich uncle so he could work in his company, yet this guy was an SSCE holder!
Rumour has it that it was me that even paid part of his 100L school fee when he eventually got admitted, he lied he needed the money for something bla bla. He had no bank account and I gave a spare one of mine, the day he started making money he saved them with his new gf. He is out of school cos the guy couldn't even get serious with his educational life. I could go on and on. I didnt curse him with my mouth, my heart does that everytime I remember.
I shot myself in the leg when I concluded not to date a guy in same school as me.
I'm happy I broke with him when I did, it would have traumatized me if I had broken up with him earlier. By the time I did, the love don clear for me eye. I was free from him.
Sorry for long post cheesy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ifyjos:
I regret having a sister

Don't tell me she slept with your lover ..
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
YourCoffin:
I regret not learning how to cook. In this lockdown I still have to buy food outside. After lockdown I am enrolling in cooking school.

Why not start right now by watching some YouTube videos? It helps a lot. Also, you can head over to Playstore and install an app called "Recipes from Nigeria." Be rest assured by when the lockdown is over, you'd be a chef with intermediary skills.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
veave:
I don't think I have any regrets about things happening in my life.

Maybe I should have learnt how to make dresses or hair. But I cant draw a straight line neither can I combine colors.

Art might not be your strong suite. But you definitely have other abilities. You just have to discover them.
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Mariangeles(f): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
Astride:

If you believed that, you wouldn't have regrets.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mariangeles:

If you believed that, you wouldn't have regrets.

Right.
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by jaksmillioniar: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
Astride:

That's lovely. I bet it was worth the wait.
it is d sweetest tin DAT happen to me

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 12, 2020
The only regret I have is been born in Nigeria. The country was supposed to be a good one but it's unfortunate how the Black owners turned things around after their colonial masters left.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 2:02am On Apr 12, 2020
iyke926:
The only regret I have is been born in Nigeria. The country was supposed to be a good one but it's unfortunate how the Black owners turned things around after their colonial masters left.

Honestly. The present reality of this country is a pity

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by MurphyG1(m): 6:00am On Apr 12, 2020
Astride:
We've all made bad choices. I'll start with mine...

One of my biggest regrets till date was not seizing the opportunity to migrate to the U.S when it was presented to me on a platter.

I was in my penultimate year at the university. My dad had made some connections and he presented the idea to me.

I refused.

I told him I wanted to acquire my certificate first so I don't have to start from scratch when I migrate. I mean, it was the most logical thing to do since I had just one year remaining to get my degree.

Well, 6 months later, my dad passed on and so went the connections.

Inasmuch as things are great for me right now, I'm not fulfilled. I'm not living at my full capacity cause my work environment (and this country at large) breeds mediocrity.

I can't share my ideas with my bosses without fear of hurting someone's ego and calling unwarranted resentment targeted at me.

The mentality of the black man is his own curse and his resolve to stick to outdated traditions is his punishment.

If you're a progressive and aims for excellence, you should consider outsourcing your skills outside this country where hardwork and intelligence are duly rewarded.

Alright. That's mine. Share yours.

So have you tried to relocate by yourself? Not necessarily to the US but to another country where your potentials will be utilized more. That will take care of initial mistake made I think.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by StPete: 6:20am On Apr 12, 2020
I regret not traveling out to the US when I had the chance. Very similar to the OPs, it was during my NYSC, I had started the process, gotten everything else, even paid for my interview at the embassy. I had someone in the US back then pulling all the necessary strings. Everything was smooth but I just lost interest in going for the interview when it was time to. Told myself I would round up nysc, get my dream job, then go to the US on holidays without any fuss but here I am 10 years after. This country wrenches my heart everytime. It's so so depressing living in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Astride(f): 9:36am On Apr 12, 2020
MurphyG1:

So have you tried to relocate by yourself? Not necessarily to the US but to another country where your potentials will be utilized more. That will take care of initial mistake made I think.

I have it under consideration.
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
My biggest regret was using large money to furnish my apartment, things later went sour and I started selling those appliances.
This taught me a big lesson to first financially establish myself before trying to buy expensive things to please people.

I just entered 24 but the lessons life has taught me should make me very wise in my later years.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
YourCoffin:

When you have Google and YouTube videos? Hilarious!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
Seriously regretted not airing my view when growing up.
Why did I even do that?
Me that's a parrot now cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? / 12 hilarious Pictures That Defines D Moments When U Want To Marry An Igbo Girl. / Best Nylon Branding For Your Bread, Rice Flour, Beans Flour, Garri, Shopping Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.