Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Is Handwriting Genetic? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Handwriting Genetic? (34618 Views)

My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Julius209(m): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
Eulalia:

Its not about getting a 2cheesy exercise book. You need to learn certain guides and rules to enable you write perfectly.

I can take you on the basics of writing lessons online if you're really serious and willing to pay the price. And your writing will be as beautiful.

PM me if you're Interested.
I have sent you a DM
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by TrippleEEE: 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
DePolo7808:

Your mother is responsible for the handwriting you have, not your dad. Mothers pass that info to offspring not fathers.
Oga can you just calm down. My handwriting evolved over time. The current one I have is looking exactly like that of my dad. Same with two of my siblings. I'm telling you reality not some hypothetical story.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Britboy(m): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Bigcowhorn:
[s][/s]

No erection for you today
Mr. Gay scammer
You no fit talk again, huh?
I'd let you take a breather for now, to avoid derailing. this thread.
But I'll be back!
In Terminator's voice.
cool

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by tunize(m): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
My own writing shall seems it was follow come from birth because i nvr really seen my type since i dey waka guess am lucky cos i have the best of it from both my father and mothers side and amongst my siblings and my friends.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Biingoo: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
laydoh:

Tbh it ain't that bad.
Seriously? shocked
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Oreofe20: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
I guess yes is the answer
I do take important letter home for my aburo to rewrite he got a fantastic writing also same with my mum
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Isoduwa(m): 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
laydoh:

Mine changes according to conditions. It is sometimes bad when I'm tired.
I have like 4 different writings.

You must be a Yahoo gangster
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Guide777(m): 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
Handwriting is not genetic. Its learnt. Eg. Every French who schooled in France have the same handwriting. Why ? Because they learnt it.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Bigcowhorn: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
Britboy:

You no fit talk again, huh?
I'd let you take a breather for now, to avoid derailing. this thread.
But I'll be back!
In Terminator's voice.
cool

I'm not gay oooo

grin
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Tolani1122(m): 7:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
My father Has mos5t beautiful amazing hand writing, my hand is worst little, soo hand writing does not follow genetic
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Originalsly: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
@ laydoh.... this your handwriting is Grade A+ ... any part of the world! You should have your own font.... laydoh!

2 Likes

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Dreyfundz(m): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Maybe, everyone in my family has a wonderful handwriting including mom and dad
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by babsthegreat: 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
It is Genetic my handwriting looks like my Dadt own
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by jaymichael(m): 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
My handwriting is not ugly and among the most beautiful but ir is very clear and legible. I use expensive fountain pens now and my handwriting is admired whenever I write.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by ekitimanalways(m): 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
veave:
I don't think so. My mum and dad have one of the best writings in the whole of Africa but mine looks like... Naira Marley's dada maybe grin lipsrsealed undecided
cheesy
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
laydoh:
I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time.

Personally, from my parents to the last kid of my family who is only 8 yrs old have a good handwriting.

So I always wonder if it is anywhere related to genetics.

Nope I don't think so, I have like 10 handwriting, you can actually copy handwriting styles it's how you write each letter a specific way.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Hassan88(m): 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
Na only me dey see my handwriting.

Although, I always tell people that I don't have handwriting but I have my own generated Fonts. grin grin
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Denique(f): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
StrikeBack:
what is hmmmmmm

Is that an abbreviation for something??

Lockdown induced anger grin

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
StrikeBack:
what is hmmmmmm

Is that an abbreviation for something??
No
It's an mmmmmmm
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Mrkarlz(m): 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
veave:
I don't think so. My mum and dad have one of the best writings in the whole of Africa but mine looks like... Naira Marley's dada maybe grin lipsrsealed undecided

Mad ooo...you go make heaven for being truthful in this civik-1 9 season

1 Like

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
No. My dad have a very bad handwriting but mine is neat and I learnt it when I was younger.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by StrikeBack(m): 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
StacyO:

No
It's an mmmmmmm
seems this lockdown is affecting you undecided
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by fadar095(m): 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Yeah!!!
I believe handwriting is genetic...... My Dad have a good handwriting but my mum's writing is very poor, None of siblings have a good handwriting..... we all copy our mum's trait
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by WeRblessed(f): 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
The student with the best handwriting in my class graduated with 1.8 GPA.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Funny enough bad handwriting is often linked with intelligence
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
It is genetic. Mine looks so much like my dad's.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Kenkeye: 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
I don't believe it is genetic. I think teaching has a major influence. If taught by good teachers with nice handwritings, then expect the handwriting of the tutee to be nice also.

Recently, I interacted with a boy with terrible handwriting. I discovered that he didn't know how to hold a pen properly, and doesn't position himself well while writing. In addition he didn't have the sufficient understanding of how to present letters properly.

I had a few days training session with him, and now the handwriting is far better and more presentable.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
I can write different stuff in different ways.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by wisdomkid: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nigga44:
I don't believe it is.

Used to have very bad handwriting until I started imitating my primary school teacher. I now have the only good handwriting in my family.

Your reply agrees with the OP's assumption. This means everyone in your family had bad handwriting, but you decided to change it and now, you are the ONLY one with good handwriting in your family.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Julius209:
I have sent you a DM

Just replied you now.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Torie8(f): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
My handwriting can't been seen with ordinary eyes"you know what I mean" That's why nobody bothers to borrow my note in school then.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by JoseRaji(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
laydoh:
I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time.

Personally, from my parents to the last kid of my family who is only 8 yrs old have a good handwriting.

So I always wonder if it is anywhere related to genetics.
Probably. Both my parents have good handwritings. My mum was a teacher too... All of us kids have good handwritings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results: How To Check / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School / How A Young Man, Jesse Gideon Abraham Was Killed By His Roommate At Uniuyo (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.