Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale (1466 Views)

Excellent Passat 2006, @ 850,000. / Is Volkswagen Passat A Good Car? / SOLD!!Urgent Sales!!! Volkswagen Passat 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by akswaggs: 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
I have always been seeing pictures of Volkswagen Passat 2006 model’s for sale at ridiculous price....what’s the problem of those vehicles and why are they always for sell at a ridiculous price..any answer please
Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by KINGreignn: 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
akswaggs:
I have always been seeing pictures of Volkswagen Passat 2006 model’s for sale at ridiculous price....what’s the problem of those vehicles and why are they always for sell at a ridiculous price..any answer please

VW's romance with the devil gone sour.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by shortgun(m): 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
akswaggs:
Have you not also been seeing 2008 Toyota Camry for sale at very low prices?
Nothing is wrong with the car just that it's no longer "reigning" in Nigeria.
You know Nigerians have a bandwagon mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by kevdiggie7: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
I have used the Volkswagen Passat B6 for about 3years after my brother gave it to me so I will share my experience.

He first bought the car in 2007 as a clean title direct used from the US with the mileage at 31000 then the car cost about 4/5m I can’t recall the exact figures now.

He used the car till late 2013 and gave the car to me at 65k mileage, in very good condition because he didn’t stress the car because he had 4 other cars so it was basically for short weekend trips. Yes the car was in top shape when he gave me but it was a daily driver for me and I used it for long trips to and from work. I lived in kubwa then and my office was at wuse 2 if you’re familiar with Abuja you know what I mean.

It’s a very sweet car to drive the 2.0 turbo engine was mad fun, I used to race Mercedes c300 then even though they’d eventually leave me behind but I gave them a good chase.

Anyway before I digress, the car is mainly electronic from the ignition to the gearbox, excluding turbo charger issues. These factors I think contributed to the negative second hand value. Mine suffered from a bad turbo charger and I ended up selling the car for 400k. Volkswagen cars are not durable for Nigerians because of our maintenance culture so if you want to own a Nigerian used make sure you have an idea of the car history otherwise I advise you save up to buy from the US. Note that the VW Golf of that year upwards has similar engine and similar to the Passat they suffer same problems I think.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by akswaggs: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
Wow thanks
Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by kevdiggie7: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
Moral of the story, if you must buy the car, buy a direct used, tokunbo/belgium. And it shouldn’t be a daily driver.
Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by cr7lomo: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Had one as well...u can't run away from suspension issues... Mine was a 3.6 litre engine... It has a good run and balance but the car get scoy scoy ...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by tempex88(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
Even in USA....not a reliable car

Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by eRex(m): 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
So who is still interested in a toks 2006 jetta. For 1.1m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model Always For Sale by iyke4dbi: 5:32am On Apr 12, 2020
I have one that I bought less than a year Naija driven since 2014@118,000miles. Am still using the car up to date and the mileage stand is 138,000miles. If u service with a oem parts the car will last long period. I don’t think I like any other car except my 2006 Passat B6 .

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Checking D VIN Number / Tokunbo 2010 Volkswagen Passat CC Available At 3.6 / Howo Tippers First grade Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.