Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? (4463 Views)

Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? / MURIC To FG: Give Bailout Funds To Herders To Buy Land For Ranching / Obasa: 64 Bank Accounts Linked To BVN Of Lagos Assembly Speaker- SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by hisexcellency34: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Why can't Buhari's government give stimulus packages to Nigerians through our bank accounts, especially those linked with BVN?

Even if you have 5 accounts, you have just one BVN,so it makes it easier. They can liaise through the banks and do this. And it's not their business whether anyone has millions in his account. Give it to everyone, if you feel it's too small, you can give it to the poor.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by carbon1224(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
They won’t mods move this to the front page let’s hear from Apc keyboard warriors.

8 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Bluntguy: 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
What is N20,000 compared to what they have been looting? Let no one credit my account with such an amount o. Make dem eat alone and die alone abeg. I no want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Bewiseedet(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
It would have been a good use of bvn but aboki's up north choose to loot

6 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Decibel: 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
These Buhari men are smart looters. grin
They didn't use BVN because it would expose their fraudulent activities
cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by codedlee(m): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
grin grin make them send o. lipsrsealed hunger dey wire man
Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by nairavsdollars(f): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
They won't allow that because with BVN, how will those in charge be able to steal?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by EdoPrince93(m): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dont expect this to happen under the reign of that tyrannical presidiot called Buhari...whatever money that's has been donated to FG has already been siphoned for personal use...Dont forget we also have a senseless minister who doesnt know her onions after 8months in the job...Clueless and senseless government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
It will only lead to inflation..

A loaf of bread might be sold for 500 naira or even 1000..

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by efighter: 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
If government gives money to Nigerians through BVN, looting and inflation of the amount distributed will be difficult. Their children and grandchildren will not go unpunished

1 Like

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by sammyj: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
What happens if you have up to 8 accounts to one BVN. Are they going to credit the 8 of them if I may ask grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by SweetJoystick(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Because they want to loot through cash by hand giving.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by SweetJoystick(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
sammyj:
What happens if you have up to 8 accounts to one BVN. Are they going to credit the 8 of them if I may ask grin
No, the primary account/bank where one did register for BVN will be credited

6 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by SamJed(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
It is because the poor of the poor do not have bank account. Secondly, according to the recent data, the people up the map have a greater percentage of poor people and at the same time, a greater percentage of them to do not have bank accounts meanwhile it's the reverse down the map. As a result, if money is shared via bvn, it is the people down the map that will benefit massively and trust me, your government do not want that. They prefer using concocted data so as to give more to that side.

19 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by AgentNairaland(f): 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Not All APChit Members Get BVN Mostly The Almajiris And Afonjas
Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by valirex: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
It will only lead to inflation..

A loaf of bread might be sold for 500 naira or even 1000..

For your mind now you be economist. If you are sensible you should know that law doesn't apply here, 20k each us what will cause inflation?

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by hisexcellency34: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
I wonder ooooo. Ordinary 20k will cause inflation

valirex:

For your mind now you be economist. If you are sensible you should know that law doesn't apply here, 20k each us what will cause inflation?

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Racoon(m): 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
Their corruption will be fully exposed.Imagine the minister of humanitarian affairs saying the FOI act forbade publishing the names of beneficiaries without their consent in a scheme govt is supposed to be transparent and accountable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
How many Aboki on the street has a bank account, Buhari won't feed stranger like Igbo and Yoruba leaving his people behind because they don't have BVN

1 Like

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Echieteka50: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
[s]
efighter:
If government gives money to Nigerians through BVN, looting and inflation of the amount distributed will be difficult.
[/s]
Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Why can't Buhari's government give stimulus packages to Nigerians through our bank accounts, especially those linked with BVN?

Even if you have 5 accounts, you have just one BVN,so it makes it easier. They can liaise through the banks and do this. And it's not their business whether anyone has millions in his account. Give it to everyone, if you feel it's too small, you can give it to the poor.

1. Because only 40% of Nigerians have bank accounts, which means the majority of Nigerians don't have bank accounts.(118 million according to the World Bank)

2.Most Nigerians don't have access to a bank or banking services. In the rural areas in particular , one is lucky if one has a bank branch there. Many rural areas don't have branches of banks, and that's where most of the people in need live.

As an example, I lived in a urban center in this Nigeria, and within walking distance of my flat, I could get to 5 branches of different banks , all with ATM machines, at least one of which was functioning at any given time, sometimes all of them, and near where I work, there are several bank branches with ATM

Meanwhile, the rural area where I did my NYSC, there was no bank. The nearest bank branch was 30 minutes by motorcycle away, in the LG headquarters. The nearest branch of the bank I was using with ATM was an hour away by car.(And it was in the South East by the way).

The(Northern) village where I worked after NYSC was lucky to have a bank there (It used to also have a microfinance bank there as well, but they had closed shop when I started working there). The village was a LG Headquarters, which is probably why it had a bank branch

Even in the cities, banks cluster around the profitable parts of the city. In the poorer parts, you won't see too many banks.

So if government gave people palliatives via the BVN, the people who need it most won't benefit from it.

Modified

If we want to make sure everyone gets some palliative, we should have a law where banks are ordered to give every Nigerian a bank account so that we can fund everyone with palliative via BVN

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by hisexcellency34: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Don't mind her..she wants only northerners to be the beneficiaries

Racoon:
Their corruption will be fully exposed.Imagine the minister of humanitarian affairs saying the FOI act forbade publishing the names of beneficiaries without their consent in a scheme govt is supposed to be transparent and accountable.
Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Amanda4life: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
carbon1224:
They won’t mods move this to the front page let’s hear from Apc keyboard warriors.

They will never move it.

They said vulnerable s and I'm asking who are the vunerables?

About 90% of Nigerians are suffering from lack food
Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by hisexcellency34: 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
They said majority of the poor don't have bank accounts. Many Nigerians who have accounts, how much do they have there? Is it not here on Nairaland that people are sending account number begging for as little as 1k??

Amanda4life:

They will never move it.

They said vulnerable s and I'm asking who are the vunerables?

About 90% of Nigerians are suffering from lack food

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by hisexcellency34: 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good question..it will even help the banks as they will have more customers..this government is just damn fraudulent

Echieteka50:
[s][/s]
and who told you those with bank accounts don't need it most?
what's the big deal registering those without account and Bvn how many hours or days will it take?
NYSC do register people with new accounts for allawee
what stop government from registering those without bank accounts and Bvn for possible and credible transfer then send banks to their remote villages with POS transactions
but at the same time they can register and dish out PVC even to those living in evil forest

Useless looting people
na Ogun go kill una las las

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=Echieteka50 post=88330753][s][/s]
and who told you those with bank accounts don't need it most?
what's the big deal registering those without account and Bvn how many hours or days will it take?
NYSC do register people with new accounts for allawee
what stop government from registering those without bank accounts and Bvn for possible and credible transfer then send banks to their remote villages with POS transactions
but at the same time they can register and dish out PVC even to those living in evil forest

Well, they could send something, but what's the use of sending something to only 40% of the population? How do we provide for the 60% of the population without bank accounts.See the problem??

If we had a law where every Nigerian was mandated to have a bank account, and every village and city had at least an ATM, maybe the BVN idea would work.

Useless looting people
na Ogun go kill una las las

Thanks for threatening me, when I didn't threaten you. In response, may God bless you richly and prosper you.

Good afternoon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by phantom24: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
The govt. knows the right thing but they'll never do it because they don't really care.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by hisexcellency34: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
He is not referring to you. Or are you part of those sharing the audio money

[quote author=kikero post=88330847][/quote]
Re: Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
He is not referring to you. Or are you part of those sharing the audio money

Well, if someone says to me 'Ogun kee you there', it's safe to assume he isn't wishing me a happy Easter in advance.

I don;t work for government anyway, and have never worked for them, and I don't even support nor have I voted for APC or PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UN Warns Buhari: We Are Watching You.. "Begin broader Reforms" Now!!! / Meet The Wife And Son Of Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi (PHOTOS) / Drama As Peter Obi Wins Tinubu And Atiku In Lagos Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.