Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? (460 Views)

Gowon: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If Yar’adua Had Completed His Tenure / 2023: Those Who Say, We Either Rule Or Divide Should Never Be Given Power - Gumi / Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Ideyontop: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
I was having this discussion with someone who thinks the younger generation cannot handle power if given the opportunity because the older generation has so inculcated their old corrupt lifestyle into the younger generation. In other words there is no hope for Nigeria.

I am of the opinion that the younger generation will change things for the better because we are more exposed, more learned, can provide practical solutions for our current problems. I believe that things will be better if the younger generation is given the opportunity to lead. In other words, there is hope for Nigeria.

What do you think. I need your opinion.
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Superjazz: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Never the younger generation are the worst I am a young man and I know what am saying with need people with character irrespective of age.
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Litmus: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Not when they've been fed since young on a diet of indomi and how every people in the World is better than they are and how whatever they have done or are going to do was not, is not and will not be as good as that which other nationals do. In addition, consume Afters sweetened with ethnic hatred, and the prioritising of personalities in politics above the nation state. They have no chance, are damaged and ought be skipped. Well-meaning current generation (40 to 80s), leaders, Civil Society people, movers and shakers, need to prioritise a revolution in education that will give the generation after the next , that is those just born up to the ages of 12 yo, the tools to do this great potential of a nation, Nigeria, the justice she deserves.
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Failure44: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is the problem with Nigerians.
Age shouldn't be a determent to pick a leader, EXPERIENCE should be your first line of thought not a bunch of numbers.
Lincoln was 52 years but won the American civil war and abolished slavery in the US.
Wasn't Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 58 years before he died? By then he improved the national economy.

You know what these men had in common?

EXPERIENCE.
You need to pick leaders based on their past knowledge not because of age.
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by harakiri(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
All this talk of "experience" is part of Nigeria's problem. How old and experienced was Anthony Enahoro, Adaka Boro, Ojukwu,Nnamdi Azikwe, Obasanjo, Ken Saro Wiwa etc when they became relevant in our political space? It's the same "experienced" people of 40+ years ago that are running the nation aground today.

Fashola was one of the youngest governors when he assumed office and the world saw Lagos transform overnight especially oshodi. I think the Sowore's of this world should be given a chance. Personally, I don't think anyone above 45 should run for president and 40 downwards for governor. Young minds+Fresh ideas is what Nigeria needs not centenarians whose experience lies solely in looting and planting ethnic/tribal division.

End of!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ideyontop:
I was having this discussion with someone who thinks the younger generation cannot handle power if given the opportunity because the older generation has so inculcated their old corrupt lifestyle into the younger generation. In other words there is no hope for Nigeria.

I am of the opinion that the younger generation will change things for the better because we are more exposed, more learned, can provide practical solutions for our current problems. I believe that things will be better if the younger generation is given the opportunity to lead. In other words, there is hope for Nigeria.

What do you think. I need your opinion.
Absolutely NOT. The best you can do is to fuse them with the aged leaders.
They lack the CHARACTER needed to be a LEADER.
The average Nigerian youth is not disciplined enough and too materialistic to try and want to make a genuine Change.
The only hope we have in this country, are the unborn children.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Toosure70: 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
Son of thief will be thief.
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by bigpicture001: 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
...never ....their stealing will b worse
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by SouthNigerian: 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
NockMedia:

The average Nigerian youth is not disciplined enough and too materialistic to try and want to make a genuine Change.

You need to leave your crib and meet more people. Thank you.
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by SouthNigerian: 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
If the younger
generation cant handle leadership, who then are the future of the nation? Our ancestors?

You are what you think of. If your friend thinks the Nigerian youths can't handle leadership, he wasn't speaking for the youths, he was expressing his inabilities to become a distinguished leader.

I am a Nigerian youth living with the abilities of peculiar leadership.
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
SouthNigerian:

You need to leave your crib and meet more people. Thank you.
You're welcome
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by messicruzzy1: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
The worst is yet to be seen in the young generation
Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Ideyontop: 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
Chai ! undecided

NockMedia:

Re: Nigeria: Will The Younger Generation Do Better If Given Power? by Ventura1: 11:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
Most young people here that said never or no are offshoot of the oppressors, they've been strip of their self-esteem by the oppressive elites.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Ogun Will Kill Buhari – Nigerian Man In Europe Curses After Receiving 300 / Why Is No One Talking About 5G Again??? / Ipop Moves Against Transporting Almajiri To Igbo States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.