Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support (15490 Views)

Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" / Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Wannabenz: 7:54am On Feb 01, 2022
Buhari laments
“It is our desire to finish strong in the next 16 months and ensure all hands are on deck for the last lap.”

President Muhammadu Buhari says he could have done better had he got more support from Nigerian business, political, media and civil society leaders.

”But we probably would have fared even better if we secured the support of most of you that are here today, know that while government comes and goes, the country must remain and thrive,” the president stated at a dinner in honour of the 2022 Committee of Business, Political, Media and Civil Society Leaders at the State House, Abuja, on Monday.

Despite his repeated claims that he would bring Nigeria’s perennial insecurity to an end, Mr Buhari’s regime has witnessed some of the most violent and ubiquitous attacks on Nigerians from bandits, Boko Haram/ISWAP, and unknown gunmen.

However, he insisted on his desire to complete his tenure on a strong note.

’’It is our desire to finish strong in the next 16 months and ensure all hands are on deck for the last lap. We are doubling our efforts against all forms of insecurity, equipping our armed forces and strengthening the police,” Mr Buhari explained. “We are determined to continue the war against corruption and fight poverty, we remain focused on building an all-inclusive economic opportunity for all citizens.”

The president told the meeting that despite the enormous problems his regime inherited when he assumed office almost seven years ago, he could look back with satisfaction that this administration has kept faith with the people.

According to him, the administration has done well even amid dwindling resources for reasons that are well beyond our control.

The convener of the group and chairman of THISDAY/ARISE Media Group, Nduka Obaigbena, said with Nigeria facing a ”historic transition like no other,” and with crises across Africa and at home, the committee emerged to defend the national interest.

”The 2022 Committee was put together to defend Nigeria in a time of crisis and in a time of transition, we must defend the national interest,’’ said Mr Obaigbena.

He noted that membership of the group had been carefully selected from the business community, investors, governors, security sector and elder statesmen.

https://gazettengr.com/i-could-have-done-better-if-given-more-support-buhari-laments/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Xscape1993(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2022
You have failed, you failed sir. You are the worst president both living and dead in the history of Nigeria. You and your evil party love blames and complains too much. Just accept it and leave peacefully next year sir. Majority of Nigerians are not happy with you and that is the truth home.

272 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2022
This man is mad

Is like this idiot they whine our nipple

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Asgard73: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Baba Nigerians want you to finish strong.. and retired healthy .

Please carry your Apc along .. the very evil party is 90% of Nigeria problem .. you baba Na just 10%

2023 insha will be the real Nigeria independence

We survived

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by tmtech: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
You have no excuse.

I hate when you fail to admit failure

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Illuminatiship(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
If yo have another four4 years I know you will do more harm..

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Racoon(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Always blaming and blaming and blaming.Even if this catastrophe was given the US to manage, he will still wrecked it to the ground.

The most unfortunate phenomenon ever to grace this failed entity. Meanwhile, the same cooperation this crass tyrant and terrorist is complaining about is what he has maximally given to bandits, fulani and BH terrorists.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Abdullah36(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
What kind of support
He meant to say "I have done worst even with little support"

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
This man grin
Did he really say this cos it's hard to believe.. grin

What makes him think more support will make him perform better tho undecided

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by dreh17(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Leadership is beyond I'll handle insecurity, my vice will handle economy.
Leadership is beyond ambition
Leadership is BROAD.
I just hope Nigeria doesn't end up with another Buhari come 2023. It'd be unfair of God to allow that to happen. We've suffered enough

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by nonxo007(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Haa
Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Racoon(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Nonsense! Yeah the support you got only helped to increase the burden: "In every imaginable index of human development, Nigeria has retrogressed under the lumbering weight of the incompetence of the APC. 

"The list is endless. No decent country on earth would reward the gang of incompetent know-nothings who presided over such an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction of a country with continuity in governance....."

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/01/apcs-propaganda-to-exclude-other.html?m=1

12 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Ekpekus(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
70 years old man...
You think say you dey wise, you are a ....... man grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by SmartPolician: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Abeg carry your wahala go!

A failure will always have excuses!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by chriskosherbal(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
grin grin grin

Thats what I have to give to this post ..
Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Balkan(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Mad people everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by AutoChick4U(f): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Fvck off

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by 900warriorz: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Shey this man dey whine me ni? undecided

Abi Ogun wan Nninsh am? angry

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by wayne4loan: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Mumu man cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by ImoleNaija: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
adaxme:
History will be kind to you baba personally u are the best president since Murtala Mohammed

You must be one of the beneficiaries of his krikukriku empowerment.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by adaxme(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
History will be kind to you baba
personally u are the best president
since Murtala Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Realdeals(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
By who?
Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by 900warriorz: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2022
You had all you needed...your fellow Northerners and even a hardworking and supportive VP. Some Yerobanzas even supported you all the way undecided

What more can you ask for? angry You futilize all efforts of your VP to make the country a better place so what are you talking about? angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
For you to do better means you have done good before but reverse is the case with you sir you've performed very bad and right we are waiting for your worst before we send you packing to be with your cows in Daura

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
Fool
Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Nathphil(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
Shebi you think say 8 years no go finish. Lolz we made it alive

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by slawormiir: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
Damnnn niggar
This buhari na junkie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by cuba62(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
Some of us knew you were a scam from the very beginning. How many Nigerians fell for your scam is what is still baffling me.
It is obvious the central government has failed. Why not devolve powers to at least the senatorial districts?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by DickDastardly(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
cool
Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by Benchilwell: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
undecided undecided undecided how is diz news pls op be warn accept I sent bandits from kastina to u

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by SocialJustice: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
Stupid goat.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Could Have Done Better If Given More Support by paroleski(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
You are a great man Bubu. Ride on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Gen. Muhammed Buhari ? Detailed / Buhari Receives The Prime Minister Of Sao Tome In Abuja (Photos) / President Buhari: I predicted April 2015 white imperialists will poison him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.