Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,645 members, 7,958,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) (84719 Views)

Gowon Estate Lagos Market Fire Destroys Properties Worth Millions (Photos) / Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Onitsha Mall Crowded On Christmas Day Evening (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by bolaji3071(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
psalmuelwater:

You have food at home, and you are well fed.
If you don't talk down on people that earn their living on a daily basis, who will?
Imagine if this kind of guy becomes a governor tomorrow? God forbid.
Dont mind them. Most of them don't have nothing to worry about since morning, afternoon and night food don sure for them. Right now if I see food chop once in a day, I dey always give glory to God.

Foolish government that can't provide alternative means for its citizens to curb hunger.

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by tonididdy(m): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
These poor people always say covid19 is big man sickness...

... I look at them with disgust whenever I hear that comment and it's said very frequently
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by bluefilm: 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:
It is ignorance that will finish us in this country, I am sure some people still take these pandemic for a joke. it is when people start dying on the street before we will fully obey the sit at home instruction

Stop scaring yourself biko.

If people would have started dying on the street, it would have happened.

This coronavirus of a thing is nothing but a big joke on the people.

I am glad so many people are beginning to realize that hence the fear factor is no longer working.

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by humilitypays(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:
dont mind those chest beaters and that is their biggest downfall, they are just too boastful
osazuwa23:
I am not igbo but you people always have to make tribe an issue for every single thing. As soon as i hear tribe from a nigerian mouth i no it igbo automatically. I really want to marry an igbo girl but know i am starting to think twice angry

All of you guys that I quoted, including Powerintoxicate and fairfora are very dull if you guys actually believed that iyamiriflatheads is an Igbo guy.

You guys need brain upgrade to start reasoning proper.

He is a Yoruba guy pretending to be Igbo to make hateful comments that will make gullible Yoruba people and others to hate Igbos.

Igbos are the most peaceful tribe in Nigeria, you can take this to bank. Yes there are some unscrupulous Igbo people just as we have foolish people among Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Ijaws, Urhobos, Binis, Idomas, and even Caucasians.

Iyamiri, flat*head, are all derogatory names Yorubas and some Hausas call Igbos. Just like Igbos call Yorubas afonja or ofem*manu and as the rest of Nigerians call Hausa people Abo*ki.

So no Igbo person will proudly bear inyamiriflathead a combination of 2 Igbo derogatory names. Only a foolish person will believe that.

You guys really need to be smarter. Most monikers here that make derogatory comments against Yorubas are disgruntled Yoruba boys and some Northern guys trying to paint Igbos black and to cause disunity between Igbos and Yorubas for reasons best known to them.

Igbos love success too much to be wasting their time on unprofitable fight or hatred on a faceless forum. Go to business section, property section, auto section, Web master section or so, that's where you will find most Igbos here and some in romance and politics

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by omotowo2: 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:
It is ignorance that will finish us in this country, I am sure some people still take these pandemic for a joke. it is when people start dying on the street before we will fully obey the sit at home instruction

It is either they die of coronavirus or die of hunger .

To die as a coronavirus patient is better

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by tuzle(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
sayisayi:

Bros, you no get brain at all. The igbophobia is so deep among some Yoruba, that they will make fake profiles just to antagonise their own Yoruba brethren.

Oyinbo get long medical word to describe this level of psychosis.

No Igbo man will make and use the moniker that he did. I just pray you get wisdom and deductive skills in due time.
i ain't going to be abusive. I didn't quote the person who made the boastful statement. My judgement was based on what I have experienced and seen in reality

2 Likes

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by xukwaa: 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
Reporter! Please do give away as another option for the traders!
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
pocohantas:

People are already disobeying the lockdown. I noticed it since like Wednesday. Nigerians are hungry. How does the govt expect them to cope please?

Honestly

This government needs to restrategize tbh!

The numbers continue to go up and new cases of community to community transmission continues to be recorded.

Three people who left Lagos to their various states were diagnosed with the Corona virus, two in Kaduna (the doctor that died and the gateman) and the person that died in Delta state

So the whole point of the lockdown has been defeated despite the fact that it came at cost to Lagosians and Nigerian economy.
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by EdoPrince93(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:
It is ignorance that will finish us in this country, I am sure some people still take these pandemic for a joke. it is when people start dying on the street before we will fully oybey the sit at home instruction

Like The Joker said ' YOU GET WHAT YOU F*CKING DESERVE"...that's their business bro.....
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by TGMISKY(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
The problem in Nigeria is this, the FG said that everyone should stay at home but everyone would go out to check if anyone came out.
OP, what if everyone came out like you to make a report on the lockdown. Next time, STAY AT HOME
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by humilitypays(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
As for the disobedience to the Federal government lockdown in Nigeria, it has nothing to do with Nigerians being hungry like many people keep repeating, it has to do with Nigerians being too stubborn, lackadaisical and nonchalant about issues until it affects them directly, until then they will start to cry fowl.

A typical Nigerian does not care about others. A typical Nigerian lack empathy and is prone to breaking laws.

Lastly Nigerians are used to living communal life of doing things together; playing street football during holiday, sitting with friends, neighbors to gist and gossip and watch women pass, gathering to drink, etc, so it is difficult for them to live without their communal lifestyle which has formed a habit and it's a big threat to the fight against this coronavirus in Nigeria should infection spike in the coming weeks.

We pray our weather and whatever that has kept the infection rate below the rate in other countries to please continue helping Nigeria because government efforts so far is nothing and not the reason why Nigeria's case is still low.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Mintek: 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Yemike:

Some are just destined to be brainless. undecided

You sure are one lipsrsealed

Calm down.
That's an impostor and his comment was pure sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by tammie24: 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
majamajic:

Don't drag igbos into this ,

Why u hide under Igbo identity to type rubbish ?
as if you knew what was on my mind as I read the trash

The guy na aboki!

2 Likes

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Timbuktu14(m): 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:
It's no ignorance but hunger. People can't stay indoor without nothing, they won't feed on stones. Unless government put a measure in place to effectively lessen the effect of this pandemic on the poor, nothing is going to work. People have got families to cater for.

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by pocohantas(f): 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Honestly

This government needs to restrategize tbh!

The numbers continue to go up and new cases of community to community transmission continues to be recorded.

Three people who left Lagos to their various states were diagnosed with the Corona virus, two in Kaduna (the doctor that died and the gateman) and the person that died in Delta state

So the whole point of the lockdown has been defeated despite the fact that it came at cost to Lagosians and Nigerian economy.

What do you propose, Grey?
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
You expect traders who sell to feed to lock themselves up when the government has been preaching self employment?

Even in china, markets are still open. People must feed.

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by osazuwa23: 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
In fela voice cornavirus na sickness original sickness freedom na sickness meaning nigerians being forced to stay at home na sickness grin
hedonister:
See the same market a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M_HIPGBvd0
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by zicoraads: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
These Lagos people.

Una don carry wahala come give us for Minna now. angry embarassed
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
pocohantas:

What do you propose, Grey?

I am not a health expect but I read somewhere about how Singapore was able to cope without enforcing total lock down.

They carried out mass testing

They also ensure people had their temperature checked almost every kilometres

They recommended use of face mask to everyone.

And to top it up, they don't have the large number of deaths and cases as countries that locked up their economies.

I don't know if they Nigeria can try such method.

We will only be deceiving ourselves if we think the lock down is working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by jutino(f): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nobody will drop dead in Jesus name quote author=Tabularasa1 post=88341022]A time will come government won't need to beg people to stay indoors when random people start dropping dead on the streets [/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Brunicekid(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Lock down has failed in Nigeria.

Even if government were sincere, they can't feed all the poor people in Nigeria for three to four weeks.

We need a new innovative method to limit the spread of the disease.
GALLANT POINT!!!
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by micxwell(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
bolaji3071:
Dont mind them. Most of them don't have nothing to worry about since morning, afternoon and night food don sure for them. Right now if I see food chop once in a day, I dey always give glory to God.

Foolish government that can't provide alternative means for its citizens to curb hunger.
Selfishness is our number one problem in this country...
The elites are clamouring for people to stay indoors.
That puff-puff seller close to you will most likely not eat if he or she doesn't fry puff-puff that day....... And now the government wants to lock him/her down for 21days cry without a proper arrangement or notice.

Choose One!
1. Stay indoors and hunger will surely kill you.
2. Go out and you may "LIKELY" get infected but at least you'll continue eating... undecided And you may even survive the Coro-war if you become positive.

*One of the cases in my local government area here in Ib, they later discovered that the guy actually had tuberculosis and not Corona o grin

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by sleeknaija(m): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:

U are telling people to sit at home and u cant provide what will keep them at home (food, stable electricity and so on), u want them to die of hunger?.. Soon u might c people dieing as a result of too much hunger and not Coronavirus again sad

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by sleeknaija(m): 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Timbuktu14:
It's no ignorance but hunger. People can't stay indoor without nothing, they won't feed on stones. Unless government put a measure in place to effectively lessen the effect of this pandemic on the poor, nothing is going to work. People have got families to cater for.

True talk bro.. Na government b our problem.. The basic things needed for people to stay indoor were not provided, how do they expect us to survive.

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
just see ppl crowding on each other and talking on each other"s faces without wearing mask cheesy cheesy.nigerians love to play with death
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Shakes85: 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
Isolate yourself
hedonister:
So, last week I visited a popular Lagos Market in Ogba where I reported that it was scanty and devoid of people. Only a few people sold food stuff.

I returned to the same market today and i couldn't believe my eyes. The place was swarming with people selling and buying stuff and there was no iota of social distancing or any form of protection by most people.

See the video and pictures i took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWGlfgC_Abk
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by pocohantas(f): 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I am not a health expect but I read somewhere about how Singapore was able to cope without enforcing total lock down.

They carried out mass testing

They also ensure people had their temperature checked almost every kilometres

They recommended use of face mask to everyone.

And to top it up, they don't have the large number of deaths and cases as countries that locked up their economies.

I don't know if they Nigeria can try such method.

We will only be deceiving ourselves if we think the lock down is working.

Lmao! Grey please wake up o.
Na Naija we dey abeg!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao! Grey please wake up o.
Na Naija we dey abeg!!!

Greyboy wan do like ambode bring 1st world solution to 3rd world environment grin
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by sirxbit(m): 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:
Way u rest
Hunger don beat u b4?
Sit and home and eat Ur eye Abi
Even if corona starts kill millions in Nigeria, as long as the govt can't provide for the people, people will still go out and look for wat to eat until corona kill them or render them immobile

1 Like

Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
Totilopussylick:
Majority of people means of income depends on daily basis of business. They rather risk it all than stay indoor as directed by the government who don’t care about their citizens.
Remember it's the same government that said local markets are free to transact business btw 10am and 2pm o. And those selling staple food items including supermarkets should work. If someone displays tomatoes, won't someone else come to buy it?
So you shouldn't blame them much.
Re: I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) by patorial(m): 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
tuzle:

Maybe it's when people start dying of hunger that the government will understand that most people eat base on how much they make in a day.

It's all same death.but, I'd rather die quick of corona virus than to die slowly of hunger.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / Cubana Chief Priest Leaves Cubana Group, Opens His Own Bar, De Angels / SCAM ALERT!!!Chibuzor Eze IS A SCAM!!! www.biz4naija.info his site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.