Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home (303 Views)

Buhari: You Chose Your Successors, Allow Me Choose Mine, Buhari Pleads With APC / Kemi Olunloyo: My DSS Boyfriend Told Me A FULL LOCKDOWN Is Coming / Give Me More Time, Buhari Pleads With Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by Oracle55: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday said lockdown measures are “essential” to defeat the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria and urged citizens to “observe restrictions on movement where they are in place” during the Easter holiday.

Buhari made the comments in a statement released by Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu.

The President also said the lockdown will last as long “as our scientific advisers declare they are necessary.”

“For those who suffer most egregiously” during the lockdown, Buhari said the government was ready to help assist with grains and distribution of small cash payments.

“No elected government could ask more of the citizens of the country that elected them than today we ask of you,” the President said. “But we must ask you – once more – to observe restrictions on movement where they are in place, and follow the instructions of our scientists and medical advisers: stay home, wash your hands, save lives.

“We ask you to listen and follow public announcements via the mass media for instructions as to how to receive this government support – and learn of more public assistance in the coming days.

“All that the Government is asking you to endure is because nowhere in the world today is there any known way of defeating this pandemic. There is no vaccine. And that means there are choices to be made: between continuing as usual, or accepting the restrictions even when they come with unintended consequences.

“But at this darkest hour, it remains our duty to offer you the full and unvarnished truth: This is a global pandemic. 210 countries and territories across the globe are affected. We cannot expect others to come to our assistance. No one is coming to defeat this virus for us.

“Instead, the defeat of the virus in our country will be in our hands, alone. We cannot wait for others. We can only depend on ourselves now. And so we must – and we will – end this outbreak ourselves as Nigerians, together.”
Lalasticlala
Re: Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by ademasta(m): 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
undecided
Re: Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by bluemansion: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
K
Re: Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by sLentlover7778(m): 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Issokay.. Nothing move local man anymore..we go dey alright las las... grin grin grin

Re: Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by Jayjezey: 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by kabeerhabe(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
It is for our own good, though.

meanwhile, i will be training people on software development and web designing on 15th of this month(April) via an audiovisual screen record format uploaded in google classroom, to join just whatsapp me on 08093921440
Re: Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
Baba should keep shut their.

If not for covid 19 virus he would have flown to UK for like 10 more times wasting jet fuel.
Re: Lockdown ‘is Essential’ – Buhari Pleads With Nigerians To Stay At Home by Mynd44: 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2020

(1)

Nnamdi Kanu God Sent? / The Oxymoron Of Buhari's Speech And COVID-19 In Nigeria / Video: Akin Alabi Sings Oyo State Anthem, Says It’s The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.