Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus (6258 Views)

N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly / Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by Blackteeth(m): 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
Jonathan is only bribing voters indirectly.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by 9ja4eva: 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2011
GEJ is a mad man.I am fast losing faith in him
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by Fhemmmy: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
Could this be said to be a "pay for vote" by the FG?
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
nothing wrong with a bonus; just make sure all that are supposed to receive it do.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by stineb1: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2011
Uncle Jona carry go.Dont mind controversial Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by 9ijaMan: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
ajigglin:

nothing wrong with a bonus; just make sure all that are supposed to receive it do.
Nothing will be wrong if the country were not neck deep in debt. Such bonuses would have been very perfect if the economy is flourishing and every Nigeria is enjoying the basic necessities of life
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by k9ine(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
Y spend ur last 50k 2 spray ur car,
when u have 2 bad tyres;
wheels begging 4 alignment;
a faulty door lock;
engine oil unchanged 4 over 6months;
u wanna borrow 10k 2 buy a new car battery; ur gear is faulty; u have a brokeu tail light, ur car papers are long expired;
& things are going dead.
Gracious heavens, Nigeria has over 1,001 eco-socio-poli-security problems nd we BURN money on non productive cost item.
What is d fin. minister & d economia team adviring d president on? Or are they idiots & sychophants?
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by Saheed9: 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
GeJ is a very skillful spender
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by CrudeOil2(m): 10:22pm On Jan 04, 2011
too bad i wont partake in the largesse. I wont vote for you MR GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by k9ine(m): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2011
when u have 2 bad tyres;
a faulty door lock;
u wanna borrow 10k 2 buy a new car battery; ur gear is faulty; u have a brokeu tail light, ur car papers are long expired;
& things are going dead.
Gracious heavens, Nigeria has over 1,001 eco-socio-poli-security problems nd we BURN money on non productive cost item.
What is d fin. minister & d economia team adviring d president on? Or are they idiots & sychophants?
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2011
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by k9ine(m): 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2011
when u have 2 bad tyres;
a faulty door lock;
& things are going dead.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by k9ine(m): 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
when u have 2 bad tyres;
a faulty door lock;
& things are going dead.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by orgasm(m): 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2011
dont like the term selected ministries. Why the discrimination? What is good for the goose is good for the gander.it shld cut across board and can differentiate with amount if need be. Shikena
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by paraphase(m): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2011
smiley
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by otokx(m): 3:56am On Jan 05, 2011
i have not received my own share perhaps it will come at the end of this month. All those running mouth here, why did you not talk when OBJ spent so much on power yet no NEPA. IBB nko, abeg make we hear word.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by ola4yinka(m): 7:39am On Jan 05, 2011
, @ people that got rice and oil u should be happy o, Lagos state govt, gave its civil servants 1000 naira bonus, pathetic !!
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by okooyinbo(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2011
Going by the majority of the replies posted here, I am really in doubt of the integrity of many of these young Nigerians. How can it be right to deplete our reserve and spend huge sum without any effective outcome? I am really not thrilled about the dillgency of the Nigerian civil service. Not at all! Is it not this indolent bunch that are happy gossiping than attending to clients? Work moral, many of them have not, yet they are being rewarded? Though I am not a believer in Zero spending, however, the govt has to relent on spending when the economy demand such. Besides, these spendings have tend to encourage inflation. They should have known that, atleast they have economists in their rank! If they lack economists among themselves, a lot of them are old enough to have experienced the big spendings of the millitary govts of i.e. IBB and its' implications for the economy.

How can a country develop when it spends a big chunk of it revenue on none productivity enhancing endeavours?
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by 9ijaMan: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2011
PStylish:

@9ijaman
Guy! What is your problem with GEJ? At the slightest opportunity(seen you a couple of times), you are on his neck. You better dont incur God's wrath because GEJ's emergence as President can only attributed to God's divine masterplan. How does a ordinary lecturer rise from deputy governor to president in 5 years. Is that not enough to tell God is solidly behind him.
All you GEJ haters can go to hell. GEJ is going to remain president after 2011 whether y'all like it or not.You all sit down somewhere and type droppings on NL. Who cares about NL. Your posts are of no import whatsoever.Do you even vote? Nonsense!!!

Is this the best you GEJ cronies can come up with. The topic of discuss is about how Mr. President has decided to give out another largess when there are far more important sectors of the economy begging and yearning for funds.
It's dolts like you who see GEJ ascendancy to the presidency as a miracle of some sort. Abeg make you and your GEJ quickly try to incur "the Lord's wrath on your enemies o! If you need the definition of a boofhead, just take a good look at a mirror!
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by ollypass: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2011
Personally am not about the economical sense of doling out such sum at this time or the ulterior motives of the govt behind such an action, am just glad that the everday people are getting something, cos 1 thing am sure of is if he doesn't give it out to civil servants those thieving public office holders would still sink thier fangs in it one way or the other so better it went this way!
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by chuqudy(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2011
PStylish:

@9ijaman
Guy! What is your problem with GEJ? At the slightest opportunity(seen you a couple of times), you are on his neck. You better dont incur God's wrath because GEJ's emergence as President can only attributed to God's divine masterplan. How does a ordinary lecturer rise from deputy governor to president in 5 years. Is that not enough to tell God is solidly behind him.
All you GEJ haters can go to hell. GEJ is going to remain president after 2011 whether y'all like it or not.You all sit down somewhere and type droppings on NL. Who cares about NL. Your posts are of no import whatsoever.Do you even vote? Nonsense!!!

Leave those mad people.  May be they will hang themselves when they hear that GEJ has won the election this April. They would not criticize it if the money was used to fund football.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by Oshosam(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
It's a big pity that we have people who are employed by Mr. President to read these posts and related articles but are they really doing this? We have Minister of Information (1), Special Adviser on Media and Publicity (2), Senior Special Assistant to the Minister of Information on Media and Publicity (3), Special Assistant to the Minister of Information on Media and Publicity (4), Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information (5), Minister of State for Information (6), etc. What are these people being paid for? Let me also quickly ask how much the president has paid to the Federal Government pensioners especially the retired soldiers who fought for this country at different times to put it together. Nigeria needs a Jerry Rawlings, and she needs it fast! I need to join friends of Goodluck Jonathan on facebook and I need to do that fast, someone should please put me through!! God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by 9ijaMan: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2011
chuqudy:

Leave those mad people.  May be they will hang themselves when they hear that GEJ has won the election this April. They would not criticize it if the money was used to fund football.
Just read through your post and tell me if you make any sense. How many contributors to the topic of discuss did you read any post about funding football? If you lack basic comprehension capabilities, must you come out here to display it so shamefully? Think about the number of kilometers of good road such a bonus can construct. Think about the number of state art medical equipments such a huge amount can buy and install in our dying hospitals. Think about how such an amount of money can successfully generate constant electricity power for at least 1 out of the 774 local government areas across the country. Think about how such an amount of money can provide constant pipe-borne for more than half of Bayelsa state. Imagine what that sort of money can do to overhaul the Nigerian security system to prevent the incessant bombings. Jut imagine for once, what you, as a president would do with such an amount of money, only if you are intelligent enough to know what to do! wink
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by roymary: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2011
Okay, how come the update came too late for 2010 Christmas. They just want us to vote them in by all crooked and fictitious means.
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by Intrepid1(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2011
You go fear mass-creation of ghost workers, None of the junior staff will get anything reasonable, Abacha was much better than this dude,
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by chuqudy(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2011
9ijaMan:

Just read through your post and tell me if you make any sense. How many contributors to the topic of discuss did you read any post about funding football? If you lack basic comprehension capabilities, must you come out here to display it so shamefully? Think about the number of kilometers of good road such a bonus can construct. Think about the number of state art medical equipments such a huge amount can buy and install in our dying hospitals. Think about how such an amount of money can successfully generate constant electricity power for at least 1 out of the 774 local government areas across the country. Think about how such an amount of money can provide constant pipe-borne for more than half of Bayelsa state. Imagine what that sort of money can do to overhaul the Nigerian security system to prevent the incessant bombings. Jut imagine for once, what you, as a president would do with such an amount of money, only if you are intelligent enough to know what to do! wink

You are a confused mad man. All those roads that have been awarded, where is it the money?
Re: Jonathan Approves N4.7bn Xmas Bonus by JAZES(m): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2011
I have long lost faith in this man GEJ or whatever he says he is. I can bet that 90% of the money will go back to their pocket using Ghost workers names.
I hope GEJ will noy wreck this country before he leaves office ooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Set To Go For His Annual Leave? / Budgetary Allocation To Education 12010-2016 / Lagos, Rivers, Ogun, Delta Made N2.71tn IGR In Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.