Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,418 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? (9292 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by faithfull18(f): 11:54am On Apr 12, 2020
Thank you Jesus!
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2020
solreb:

I want you to read this. John 3:16-20

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

New King James Version (NKJV)
I Ain't reading that contradictory fairy book called bible again, i ve read all of it more than a dozen times everything written in the bible is questionable and contradictory that is why it a good tool used to brainwash millions of so called christians.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 12, 2020
solreb:

I have this for you from the Bible and pray that the
LORD, who is Resurrection and Life visit you.

John 3:16-20.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

New King James Version (NKJV)
I don't want any visit from your lord thank you! grin
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by solreb: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
Plead:
That religion is a scam.

1 Cor 1:18-25
18 For the [a]message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the [b]disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a [c]stumbling block and to the [d]Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by MadeINchenzen2: 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
gypsey:
And people like you are paranoid cowards, hopeless and useless to humanity because they believe in fairytales, unexistence bullshit, too afraid to venture out of their comfort zones, afraid to ask questions or take risks they Just believe, what a ridiculous way to live your life.

u re just a mere soul wandering and loafing the earth without any basis nor standards or principle, just wobbling and stumbling into life hoping that u get lucky.

funny enough nothing happens by chance. u must consult a supreme being or force or become faithful with some spiritual orders, guidelines or set of beliefs or doctrines to make that happen.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
u re just a mere soul wandering and loafing the earth without any basis nor standards or principle, just wobbling and stumbling into life hoping that u get lucky.

funny enough nothing happens by chance. u must consult a supreme being or force or become faithful with some spiritual orders, guidelines or set of beliefs or doctrines to make that happen.
grin grin grin keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

ask yourself, what exactly are you afraid of? hell? you are afraid of some unexistence hell mentioned in a fairytale book written by white men, if hell exist i want to go there and see for myself, i am not a coward like you, unlike you i am a very curious human i need proofs.

There are no supreme beings, it's all in your paranoid imaginations, what you have been brainwashed to believe, what supreme being would be better than you as a being that you must consult on your own life? it is your life!! for f...k sake! Ever since you have been consulting this imaginary being, what has changed significantly in your life? sad
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by amazon14: 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
DanceVille:
Thank you Jesus for your resurrection.

Thank you Lord God for the forgiveness of our sins.

Thank you Lord God for sending your only begotten son.

I pray to you all, may we all witness more of it on earth and may the resurrection of the Lord Jesus has a meaningful impact in our lives.

Amen!

You can quote me by saying Amen too.

Love y'all

Amen.

Love you too. Permit me to say Jesus will rise to defeat every ugly situations in your life. Amen
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by MadeINchenzen2: 12:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
gypsey:
grin grin grin keep telling yourself that if it makes feel better.

ask yourself, what exactly are you afraid of? hell? you are afraid of some unexistence hell mentioned in a fairytale book written by white men, if hell exist i want to go there and see for myself, i am not a coward like you, unlike you i am a very curious human i need proofs.

There are no supreme beings, it's all in your paranoid imaginations, what you have been brainwashed to believe, what supreme being would be better than you as a being that you must consult on your own life? it is your life!! for f...k sake! Ever since you have been consulting this imaginary being, what has changed significantly in your life? sad
ur curiosity is your doom, mark my word
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by OsuMustGo: 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
son of darkness
Niẹ
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Khan2013(m): 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
SharonLoveth:

So what's the problem?
Both
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by nwaimoroseyaho: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Jesus said "I am the resurrection and life, who ever believes in me even though he dies, he shall live again.
That is my hope and confidence
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by foleskay(m): 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
gypsey:
Perhaps he should come again unless he is afraid to die this time, this time he might be bombed with grenade to make sure he doesn't come the 3rd time.
Lmaoo. You mean just like your mohamad a rappist was gunned down, and his wife snatched. Muhammad died like an ordinary man. No honour to him whatsoever.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Walemi1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
I do know his resurrection is the reason y I can call myself a believer nd after his resurrection, He went to prepare a place for us all nd it will be a shame if we end up not getting to where He went to prepare for us after celebrating every year.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Lawsimon(m): 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
IT SIGNIFIES THAT IF HE CAME TO DIE FOR SINS AND FREE MAN FROM THE SHACKLES OF EVIL, HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION IS IN VAIN BECAUSE THERE'S STILL A LOT OF SIN AND EVIL.
THE LEVEL OF SIN AND EVIL IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW IS THE HIGHEST EVER.
I WOULD WONDER WHY HE CHOSE TO COME IN THE PRIMITIVE DAYS AND NOT NOW WHEN WE NEED HIM MOST, BUT I KNOW NOT TO TAKE THE MAN SERIOUSLY.

I am a testimony of his saving grace.
I am a testimony of the benefits of His death and resurrection.
Don't talk what is bigger than your understanding.
The Bible has vividly said that God hid the mystery from people like you who claim the are wise but are not.
Oh, the gospel of Christ is a stumbling block to the Jews and the Greeks, foolishness. You know why? Because the Jews seek for signs while the Greeks seek for wisdom.

Until you become a fool, eternal life will continue to elude you.

But what did God say?
The foolishness of God is wiser than men, and His weakness is stronger than men.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
ur curiosity is your doom, mark my word
absolute rubbish, you cowardice is your doom, your words means nothing to me. words coming from a paranoid fearful coward grin grin..
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
foleskay:

Lmaoo. You mean just like your mohamad a rappist was gunned down, and his wife snatched. Muhammad died like an ordinary man. No honour to him whatsoever.
Yes, lick my butthole!

I am not even religious, your mohamed is also a peadophile grin
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Onlyonebuhari: 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
And I heard some Christians ignorantly jumping around the streets shouting “Jesu Jidede” {Jesus resurrects} the 3rd day and I just can't help but shake my head.

And this came to mind from their own Bible.

Mathew 12:39 as it leads us to the subject of Three Days and Three Nights…

The supposedly "God" {Jesus} whom they claim was murdered by his own supposedly creatures {the Jews} reacts in this manner as he says, ". . . An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign (miracle), and there shall no sign (miracle) be given to it, but the sign (miracle) of the Prophet, Jonah."

TAKE NOTE: NO "SIGN" BUT ONE!

What was the "sign" or the miracle that Jonah performed that Jesus now proposes to Emulate?

Now, let me recapitulate this Mighty Miracle from the Book of Jonah for clarity purpose:

{1}---When you throw a man into a raging sea, he ought to die right? Yes!

But because Jonah did not die, therefore, it is a MIRACLE!

{2}---. A fish comes and gobbles the man; he ought to die right? Yes!

But for the fact that Jonah did not die, therefore, it is now a double MIRACLE!

{3}---There is serious heat and suffocation in the whale's belly for three Days and three nights and, he ought to die right?? Yes!

But he did not die; therefore, it is now a miracle of MIRACLES!

In short, that same God that saved Jonah also saved Jesus {pbuh} after praying to God as contained in Hebrew, 5:7, Mathew, 26:39, Luke 22:44………

His prayers was answered and granted and so Jesus did not Die ooo!

Although some Christians will still say, "he must die o" even as they contradict their reasoning that Jesus is "God". A God praying � to another God for safety... Laughable!

However, let’s calculate if Jesus actually Died and resurrected the third day >>>>>>>

FRIDAY Night: Either third hour Or sixth hour, he was placed in the Thumb- Night number one {1}

SATURDAY Day: he was supposed to be in the Thumb- Day number {1}

Saturday Night: he was still supposed to be in the thumb- Night number two {2}

SUNDAY Day {morning}: he was not there……………….

If for the sake of argument we agree with the Christians, It automatically means that Jesus was not in the Grave for three DAYS and THREE NIGHTS…

What we get is no more than ONE day and TWO nights. Or two nights and a day!

And juggle as you may, you will never, never get three days and three nights as Jesus had himself foretold, "according to what we read � in Mathew 12:39".

Now, even the Master of mathematics cannot help the Christians for this!

Can you now see that the Christians are giving a double lie to Jesus from this one prophecy alone?

Jesus said that he would be LIKE Jonah!

The Christians alleged and say NO!

That Jesus was UNLIKE Jonah.

Jonah was ALIVE for three days and three nights, whereas the Christians say Jesus was "DEAD" in the tomb! (?)

Jesus said that he would be in the tomb for THREE days and THREE nights; whereas the Christians say that he was in the tomb for only ONE day and TWO Nights……..

Who is lying, Jesus or the Christians?
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by 2016easy2017: 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
it signifies FALSEHOOD, FALLACY AND CONSPIRACY
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by 7victor(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
The resurrection of JESUS CHRIST signifies life everlasting to me.

By rising again,HE quickened me and raised me up from dead(due to sin),and made me alive(in righteousness) in HIM .

GOD made me to sit in heavenly places in JESUS CHRIST.

I have become heir of GOD and joint heir with JESUS CHRIST
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Ayt27(m): 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
Taye4j:

I pray you will meet Him just as Paul met Him on his way to persecute Christians. I'm sure you are already aware of those signs that the world is already coming to an end.

Whether you acknowledge that He's coming back or not doesn't change the fact that He's God and He's coming back for the saints.

I can only pray you wake up from your slumber before it's too late.

LMAO
Hahaha
My brother, if there is one thing in this world I will never ever ever deny, it is my personal encounter with Jesus Christ.

Jesu Kristi ni otito x 100 (Jesus Christ is the truth ) and aye mi baje x 40 ( my life is doomed, nothing, meaningless and wasted) was what I was saying with tears and wailing , I no fit talk am for English sef, August 3rd 2018, it was very similar to Paul's encounter.

Ah! Jesus Mad ooo, anybody wey try am him go Bleep the person up to the tiniest speck of atom. The shocking part is with the most effortless of ease he will use to Humble you.

I have had a deeper spiritual experience and series of others, but I can never forget my starting point. It was characterized by too much Love and Truth.

If Jesus decides to Humble any of these guys it will haunt them forever and yet it will be the one thing they will be most grateful for.....The priceless gift of salvation

So I like reading comments like this because I know the Truth, and I also know he will probably save one of them, but the problem is who will the Lord be gracious unto?

So bro let them be...

1 Like

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Eagleword14(f): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
IT SIGNIFIES THAT IF HE CAME TO DIE FOR SINS AND FREE MAN FROM THE SHACKLES OF EVIL, HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION IS IN VAIN BECAUSE THERE'S STILL A LOT OF SIN AND EVIL.
THE LEVEL OF SIN AND EVIL IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW IS THE HIGHEST EVER.
I WOULD WONDER WHY HE CHOSE TO COME IN THE PRIMITIVE DAYS AND NOT NOW WHEN WE NEED HIM MOST, BUT I KNOW NOT TO TAKE THE MAN SERIOUSLY.

May God have mercy on you. Only a fool challenges his maker. I pray u repents
now u still have time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by femi4: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:
And I heard some Christians ignorantly jumping around the streets shouting “Jesu Jidede” {Jesus resurrects} the 3rd day and I just can't help but shake my head.

And this came to mind from their own Bible.

Mathew 12:39 as it leads us to the subject of Three Days and Three Nights…

The supposedly "God" {Jesus} whom they claim was murdered by his own supposedly creatures {the Jews} reacts in this manner as he says, ". . . An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign (miracle), and there shall no sign (miracle) be given to it, but the sign (miracle) of the Prophet, Jonah."

TAKE NOTE: NO "SIGN" BUT ONE!

What was the "sign" or the miracle that Jonah performed that Jesus now proposes to Emulate?

Now, let me recapitulate this Mighty Miracle from the Book of Jonah for clarity purpose:

{1}---When you throw a man into a raging sea, he ought to die right? Yes!

But because Jonah did not die, therefore, it is a MIRACLE!

{2}---. A fish comes and gobbles the man; he ought to die right? Yes!

But for the fact that Jonah did not die, therefore, it is now a double MIRACLE!

{3}---There is serious heat and suffocation in the whale's belly for three Days and three nights and, he ought to die right?? Yes!

But he did not die; therefore, it is now a miracle of MIRACLES!

In short, that same God that saved Jonah also saved Jesus {pbuh} after praying to God as contained in Hebrew, 5:7, Mathew, 26:39, Luke 22:44………

His prayers was answered and granted and so Jesus did not Die ooo!

Although some Christians will still say, "he must die o" even as they contradict their reasoning that Jesus is "God". A God praying � to another God for safety... Laughable!

However, let’s calculate if Jesus actually Died and resurrected the third day >>>>>>>

FRIDAY Night: Either third hour Or sixth hour, he was placed in the Thumb- Night number one {1}

SATURDAY Day: he was supposed to be in the Thumb- Day number {1}

Saturday Night: he was still supposed to be in the thumb- Night number two {2}

SUNDAY Day {morning}: he was not there……………….

If for the sake of argument we agree with the Christians, It automatically means that Jesus was not in the Grave for three DAYS and THREE NIGHTS…

What we get is no more than ONE day and TWO nights. Or two nights and a day!

And juggle as you may, you will never, never get three days and three nights as Jesus had himself foretold, "according to what we read � in Mathew 12:39".

Now, even the Master of mathematics cannot help the Christians for this!

Can you now see that the Christians are giving a double lie to Jesus from this one prophecy alone?

Jesus said that he would be LIKE Jonah!

The Christians alleged and say NO!

That Jesus was UNLIKE Jonah.

Jonah was ALIVE for three days and three nights, whereas the Christians say Jesus was "DEAD" in the tomb! (?)

Jesus said that he would be in the tomb for THREE days and THREE nights; whereas the Christians say that he was in the tomb for only ONE day and TWO Nights……..

Who is lying, Jesus or the Christians?
You are confused : from saying "he didn't die" to the "number of days he spent in the grave"

Do you put non living souls in the grave?

Jesus himself intepreted the signs of Jonah

Mt16:4
This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet. For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation"

Where you got belly of the fish as jonah's sign is what I don't understand
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Eagleword14(f): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
gypsey:
Christ doesn't exist, never existed it's all fairytales told by the white man to gullible ignorant Africans.

Only a fool says there's no GOD.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Eagleword14(f): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
New life and hope of eternal life.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
Eagleword14:

Only a fool says there's no GOD.
All i keep hearing is this same bloody stale line, no proofs, No nothing! that Jesus existed, move over please!
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by MuttleyLaff: 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
AntiChristian:
Did Christ really die? I don't think so!
He was just taken up!
That's all.
He did really die. He died, then He was taken up
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Onlyonebuhari: 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
femi4:
You are confused : from saying "he didn't die" to the "number of days he spent in the grave"

Do you put non living souls in the grave?

Jesus himself intepreted the signs of Jonah

Mt16:4
This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet. For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation"

Where you got belly of the fish as jonah's sign is what I don't understand

Thank God just bring a single verse that says Jonah died inside the fish?
Then from simple calculation from Friday night to Sunday how many days and nights is that.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by CrestMan: 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
You can watch Pastor Chris Oyakhilome right now for a life transforming Easter program. Time is 6pm.
You can also connect online through the LIVETV MOBILE APP!

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Deyemz(f): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
hmmm
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Plusk4u: 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
We got Our salvation through his blood
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by OsuMustGo: 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
ContractKiller:

Welcome moh run.
We missed you grin

As Narrated by Peter,
Peterr 12: 5

And the son of man "White Jesus" went in with a prostitute from Bethlehem for deliverance and I Peter saw master Jesus putting his index finger in her vagina.
And I said, oh son of Mary, is that also a deliverance process and he said to me, watch and learn. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / Strictly Supernatural Books Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.