Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? (9295 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by MadeINchenzen2: 6:57am On Apr 12, 2020
As for me,

The resurrection of Jesus is a testimony to the general resurrection of all humans, which will be followed by the dispensing of God's justice; to the righteous there will be a "resurrection of life" and to the unrighteous a "resurrection of condemnation" ( John 5:28-29 ; cf. Rev 20:4-6 ).

Regardless of the complex time sequence involved in the various resurrections recorded in the New Testament, Jesus' bodily resurrection is the basis for the future resurrection of humans ( 1 Cor 15:42-50 ).

The Spirit, which was given after his resurrection, is the "guarantee" (or "first installment"wink that God will raise the righteous from the dead, and that they will not be found "naked, " that is, incorporeal ( 2 Cor 5:1-5 ; cf. Eph 1:13-14 ), but will have a corporeal existence with God.

Even though believers "groan" while in their bodies ( 2 Cor 5:2 ), they will be "further clothed" after their resurrection (v. 4). There will be recompense for what was done in the body; therefore, one must seek to please God (vv. 6-10).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by AroOkigbo(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2020
New life. ..
old things do pass away

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2020
IT SIGNIFIES THAT IF HE CAME TO DIE FOR SINS AND FREE MAN FROM THE SHACKLES OF EVIL, HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION IS IN VAIN BECAUSE THERE'S STILL A LOT OF SIN AND EVIL.
THE LEVEL OF SIN AND EVIL IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW IS THE HIGHEST EVER.
I WOULD WONDER WHY HE CHOSE TO COME IN THE PRIMITIVE DAYS AND NOT NOW WHEN WE NEED HIM MOST, BUT I KNOW NOT TO TAKE THE MAN SERIOUSLY.

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Knox123(m): 8:00am On Apr 12, 2020
shocked

That Righteousness is stronger than wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by noleflendum: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2020
god that could not rescue himself on the cross of Calvary is that one God?

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by EternalBeing: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2020

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Powersurge: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2020
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Doctor2020: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2020
New beginning

1 Like

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by QuickStandard: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2020
Victory
New life
Salvation
God's unconditional Love.

5 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by GreatResearcher1: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
As for me,

The resurrection of Jesus is a testimony to the general resurrection of all humans, which will be followed by the dispensing of God's justice; to the righteous there will be a "resurrection of life" and to the unrighteous a "resurrection of condemnation" ( John 5:28-29 ; cf. Rev 20:4-6 ).

Regardless of the complex time sequence involved in the various resurrections recorded in the New Testament, Jesus' bodily resurrection is the basis for the future resurrection of humans ( 1 Cor 15:42-50 ).

The Spirit, which was given after his resurrection, is the "guarantee" (or "first installment"wink that God will raise the righteous from the dead, and that they will not be found "naked, " that is, incorporeal ( 2 Cor 5:1-5 ; cf. Eph 1:13-14 ), but will have a corporeal existence with God.

Even though believers "groan" while in their bodies ( 2 Cor 5:2 ), they will be "further clothed" after their resurrection (v. 4). There will be recompense for what was done in the body; therefore, one must seek to please God (vv. 6-10).

1 Like

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by OsuMustGo: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2020
Means nothing!

Your Christ died for himself and not me or the world.
How can God need someone to die for the sins I never commited?
Is that not ridiculous?

THE ALMIGHTY GOD THAT I KNOW DOES NOT REQUIRE HUMAN SACRIFICE OR BLOOD FOR APPEASEMENT.

Cc: contract FOOI.
contractkiller
Please come and narate your father for us o grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by McAustin92(m): 8:02am On Apr 12, 2020
wetin i go talk sef!
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by AntiChristian: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2020
Did Christ really die? I don't think so!

He was just taken up!

That's all.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nduway(m): 8:02am On Apr 12, 2020
A new birth. Without is it, christainity is dead

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
noleflendum:
OsuMustGo:
Means nothing!

THE ALMIGHTY GOD THAT I KNOW DOES NOT REQUIRE HUMAN SACRIFICE OR BLOOD FOR APPEASEMENT.

Cc: contract FOOI.
contractkiller
Please come and narate your father for us o grin
AntiChristian:
Did Christ really die? I don't think so!

He was just taken up!

That's all.
Plead:
That religion is a scam.
CAPSLOCKED:
[quote author=gypsey post=88351133][/quote] I know people like you will always be here to share their bitterness and hatred, frustration had taken over you, you are always looking for someone to blame for your irregular life.

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Mikelarteta(m): 8:02am On Apr 12, 2020
He died for me to live.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by MadeINchenzen2: 8:03am On Apr 12, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
IT SIGNIFIES THAT IF HE CAME TO DIE FOR SINS AND FREE MAN FROM THE SHACKLES OF EVIL, HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION IS IN VAIN BECAUSE THERE'S STILL A LOT OF SIN AND EVIL.
THE LEVEL OF SIN AND EVIL IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW IS THE HIGHEST EVER.
I WOULD WONDER WHY HE CHOSE TO COME IN THE PRIMITIVE DAYS AND NOT NOW WHEN WE NEED HIM MOST, BUT I KNOW NOT TO TAKE THE MAN SERIOUSLY.
lol. u re not serious cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by EvagreenEditors: 8:03am On Apr 12, 2020
Redemption

Please help any of these, if led. Especially those with children who cannot feed their families this season
https://www.nairaland.com/5788488/led-these-people-especially-those
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by priscaoge(f): 8:03am On Apr 12, 2020
May the Peace of the Lord which passeth all Understanding be with you and your family as you celebrate Easter

Happy Easter beautiful people!

Stay home and stay safe smiley smiley smiley

He is RISEN!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2020
That I overcame
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2020
That religion is a scam.

7 Likes

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by bestman6516: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Let our Christians answer it
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by judedwriter(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Man will live forever...

1 Like

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Lonelyhrt1(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Jdj
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by DanceVille: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Thank you Jesus for your resurrection.

Thank you Lord God for the forgiveness of our sins.

Thank you Lord God for sending your only begotten son.

I pray to you all, may we all witness more of it on earth and may the resurrection of the Lord Jesus has a meaningful impact in our lives.

Amen!

You can quote me by saying Amen too.

Love y'all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 12, 2020
Christ doesn't exist, never existed it's all fairytales told by the white man to gullible ignorant Africans.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Morality Demands A Moral Law Giver / Strictly Supernatural Books Part 2 / How To Pray With Salt And Honey For Favor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.