Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). (811 Views)

Lady Dies After Posting "If I Die During Lockdown No Need For Autopsy" / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Solidtruth(m): 12:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
Christians around the world celebrated Easter Sunday under corona virus lockdown with church pews empty and the pope on livestream.

At the climax of Holy Week for most of the planet's Christians, congregations were shuttered at home to avoid spreading the pathogen that has infected nearly 1.8 million people worldwide.

Easter is the most important Christian festival commemorating Jesus Christ's resurrection.

Pope Francis was set to break with centuries of tradition by taking his Easter mass online, with Saint Peter's Square, packed every year with worshippers, left deserted.

On Saturday, Pope Francis livestreamed his Easter Vigil to the world's 1.3 billion Catholics from an almost empty St Peter's Basilica.

"Darkness and death do not have the last word," he said. "As the days go by and fears grow, even the boldest hope can dissipate. Let us not give in to resignation ... We can and must hope," said the pontiff.

Francis was praised by Italy's Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte for his "gesture of responsibility" to observe Easter in private.

reference: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/pictures-easter-coronavirus-lockdown-200412061740063.html

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Solidtruth(m): 12:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
Parishioners attending an Easter mass service at the Yoido Full Gospel Church in Seoul. South Korean Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun announced on April 4 a two-week extension of a physical distancing campaign amid a slowing but still continuing spread of the new coronavirus.

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Solidtruth(m): 12:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
Father VM Thomas enters a church for a special prayer in Guwahati, India. People around the world have begun celebrating Easter from the safety of their homes in an effort to help arrest the coronavirus outbreak.

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Solidtruth(m): 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Priest Elias Marinhuk blesses the Catholic faithful's Easter baskets of food as they drive by in Curitiba, Parana state, Brazil. Marinhuk offered the blessing of the Easter baskets as a drive-through service because people could not attend his church due to measures against COVID-19.

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Solidtruth(m): 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
Women dressed in traditional clothes of the Slavic ethnic minority community of Sorbs meet early Easter Sunday to sing in front of a church in Schleife, eastern Germany.

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Solidtruth(m): 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Easter Sunday Mass taking place behind closed doors at St. Peter's Basilica in The Vatican

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by philips007(m): 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
Good for them

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Iyiataata92: 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
Christ has died.
Christ is risen.
Christ is coming again.
whether we celebrate it in Church or at home, the most important thing is aknowledging that Christ died for us and using this period of meditation to reassess our relationship with God and know if those sins Christ died for are still in us.
Pray for the salvation of the world and the steadfastness of the faithfuls, peaceful repose of the dead and divine healing of the afflicted.
Christ conquered death so we his followers must conquer evil and be victorious!!!

Happy Easter To All
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by luwiizy(m): 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
They is no where in the jewish tradition was Easter celebrated...you can't link a peganic god with the resurrection of yeshua who you all call Jesus..
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Solidtruth(m): 1:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
Pastor Matt Johnson interacts with parishioners via Zoom after ending a livestreamed Easter service at One1Seven evangelical Anglican church in Sydney, Australia.

Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Iyiataata92: 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
luwiizy:
They is no where in the jewish tradition was Easter celebrated...you can't link a peganic god with the resurrection of yeshua who you all call Jesus..
Do you go to Church on Sunday? Is there anywhere in the Jewish tradition where Sunday is seen as the day of worship?
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Iyiataata92: 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
philips007:
Good for them
Are you a Muslim?
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by luwiizy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
Iyiataata92:
Do you go to Church on Sunday? Is there anywhere in the Jewish tradition where Sunday is seen as the day of worship?
brother you can serve God anywhere church is just a building where people assembles themselves...

So If i don't go to church on a Sunday does that makes me less righteous?

Note; just for the sake of your salvation..
Easter is a demonic tradition...
Knowledge will only save you the cost
Of generational doctrines that springes
Out of the Father of all liars which is the
DEVIL.
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
No church, No mosque

What have you lost after you've not been going to church or mosque?
Your salvation?

All we need is think rationally and God's picture will be clearer.
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by luwiizy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
No where In the bible was easter celebrated..
You can't just wake up one morning and start doing something that was not directed by God and you say it is meant for God.. Which god.?

Knowledge will only save you from spiritual disgrace if you haken to her words.
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by bedspread: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
I was live in service! Awesome time with GOD!
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by luwiizy(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
Drabeey:
No church, No mosque

What have you lost after you've not been going to church or mosque?
Your salvation?

All we need is think rationally and God's picture will be clearer.
I don't really get you but if what you're saying is what I am thinking then I think those building lost their main essence, that's why Christ had to pay with his own blood... You did nothing to deserve such sacrife not even your tithe or offering or the blood calves and goat could do it.
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by Iyiataata92: 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
luwiizy:
brother you can serve God anywhere church is just a building where people assembles themselves...

So If i don't go to church on a Sunday does that makes me less righteous?

Note; just for the sake of your salvation..
Easter is a demonic tradition...
Knowledge will only save you the cost
Of generational doctrines that springes
Out of the Father of all liars which is the
DEVIL.

Hey bro, I'm not talking about worshipping in a Church building or not. I'm only asking you if you believe that Sunday is the right day for worship. If you do, then you should also believe that Easter is the day for the remembrance of the ressurection.
The original Christian calender was altered to suit the Roman way of worahip during the domination of the Roman Empire. But Christians today should be more bothered about the rituals of Easter than the date or anything.
If you believe you're celebrating Easter because of some Roman god, that's for you
Re: COVID-19: Easter Celebration Around The World During Lockdown (in Pictures). by luwiizy(m): 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Hey bro, I'm not talking about worshipping in a Church building or not. I'm only asking you if you believe that Sunday is the right day for worship. If you do, then you should also believe that Easter is the day for the remembrance of the ressurection.
The original Christian calender was altered to suit the Roman way of worahip during the domination of the Roman Empire. But Christians today should be more bothered about the rituals of Easter than the date or anything.
If you believe you're celebrating Easter because of some Roman god, that's for you
l have come to the point in life where I check every information for myself....
Easter is not scriptural.....you can't call the resurrection of Christ easter please check the meaning of that word...if they link in anyway to Christ...

All these ritual are peganic ritual which are rooted from hell....

Please give me scriptures that made mention of Easter celebration in the bible, make me sound and look foolish if not brother you're just following crowd with a blind leader.

(1) (Reply)

Want Full Beards? Here Are 5 Best Beard Oil For Black Men / Someone Please Take Me To Hospital Before I Die / Horrible! 12-year-old Boy Turning Into A Stone, Yet No Cure For Him -see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.