Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

How Come We Don't Have Timeless Structures In Nigeria? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Come We Don't Have Timeless Structures In Nigeria? (682 Views)

Ogun Demolishes Illegal Structures In Kara Along Lagos Ibadan Expressway / FCTA Demolishes Brothels, Illegal Structures In Abuja / Collapsed 3-Storey Building: ECTDA Evaluates All Structures In State Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Come We Don't Have Timeless Structures In Nigeria? by mrjojo: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
I'm a lover of old epic movies and I see houses and structures that were built as far back as the 20th centuries and you see same houses today they are still very beautiful and have this ancient anesthetic to them. Even normal houses built ages ago still retain someone keep their appeal q

But in Nigeria, you see houses built just 20 years ago already old and losing it appeal. Is it that the kind of architecture and building materials used abroad is different from what we have here?
Re: How Come We Don't Have Timeless Structures In Nigeria? by Jayjezey: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
mrjojo:
I'm a lover of old epic movies and I see houses and structures that were built as far back as the 20th centuries and you see same houses today they are still very beautiful and have this ancient anesthetic to them. Even normal houses built ages ago still retain someone keep their appeal q

But in Nigeria, you see houses built just 20 years ago already old and losing it appeal. Is it that the kind of architecture and building materials used abroad is different from what we have here?

First of all, we use inferior building materials to build our houses here, most times to conserve costs.
Secondly, the weather condition here isn't favourable, especially to roofing sheets
Re: How Come We Don't Have Timeless Structures In Nigeria? by mrjojo: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
Jayjezey:

First of all, we use inferior building materials to build our houses here, most times to conserve costs.
Secondly, the weather condition here isn't favourable, especially to roofing sheets
Cost , I see, Can't we make a kind of roofing sheets more suitable for our weather ??

(1) (Reply)

Gracias Emerald Estate Abijo Ibeju Lekki / A Plot And Half For Sale At Gbagada With C Of O / New 4bedroom Bungalow For Sale At Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.