Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal (1163 Views)

Shame On You - Mbaka Replies Garba Shehu On Contract Scandal / NDDC: Akpabio Names Orji Kalu, Uduaghan, James Ibori In Contract Scandal / Sule Lamido And Son, Mustapha In Germany After Travel Ban Was Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by iwaeda: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
There appears a corruption-laden carnage generating an unholy stench at the ecological fund management office. The ecological fund management committee cited under the care of the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation [SGF] has gone to shreds. Information available to 247ureports.com allege the SGF office has returned to the era of carefree looting earmarked by the hay days of the sacked former [SGF], Lawal Babachir that led to his indictment for broad day looting.
Documentary evidence confirms looting has returned to the SGF office. [Stay tuned for the coming weeks]

The recent development comes against Boss Mustapha’s public statement of being unaware of the state of dilapidation of Nigeria’s Healthcare system. The statement contained in a publication by Premium Times indicated the SGF was unaware of the failed healthcare system.

Boss Mustapha heads the presidential task force committee on Corona Virus Disease.

While the SGF had paid little attention to Nigeria’s Healthcare sector, he, however, have paid a wealth of attention to more lucrative and shady areas of his office – such as the Office of Ecological Fund – where billions worth of contracts are awarded and funds disbursed without completion of work. In many cases, the contract cost are overly inflated by over 100% the original cost.

As a caveat, the Office of Ecological Fund is housed under the office of the SGF – and not under the Federal Ministry of Environment, as would be expected. This gives the SGF singular and enormous powers over the affairs of the Office of Ecological Fund. Under this structure, the SGF dictates and/or directs the Permanent Secretaries in charge of the Ecological Fund on what actions to follow. As alleged, most [if not all] of the juicy contracts are, as a result, left to SGF’s discretion. Often, the SGF directs the Permanent Secretary to adopt selective bidding – even in cases where there exist no urgency. According to our source, this is intentionally done to narrow the list of contractors to their friends and cronies.

One of such contract awards was carried out for a supposed “Erosion & Flood Control Works at Bauchi – Ningi Road” near the Abubakar Tafa Balewa University [ATBU]. The contract work comprised of construction of storm drains, gutters and refurbishment of damaged asphalted roads of 3kilometers, including dual carriage lanes and street lights. The contract was valued at N360million.

However the contract supposedly completed in early 2019 followed the selective bidding route and was tweeted up to N500million. The dual carriage lanes and streets lights were dubiously dropped. Our source reveals the contractors who already were paid in full, failed to perform the task according to contract stipulations.

Pictorial evidence obtained by 247ureports.com show the current status of the completed erosion and flood control work at the Bauchi-Ningi road – showing the already failed coal tar on the roads, the single lanes, the non-existent street lights, and the missing flood control systems installed/constructed by the contractor. The pictures are posted below.

The SGF, Boss Mustapha was contacted concerning the allegations. He did not respond. However his aides who opted to speak without mentioning name stated that Mustapha never personally signed any contract documents. The aide also stated that Mustapha is not concerned over publications from “small” online platforms.

The import of this allegation draws from the sensitivity resting on the patriotic foundation upon which the office of ecology was created – by the late Dr. Alex Ekwueme while he served as the vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria. The office was created for the reasons of mitigating the numerous ecological degradation at the various regions of Nigeria.

According to the Late Ekwueme in talks with 247ureports.com before his death, he said that funds were set aside from federal government coffers and kept in the FUND for ecological problems.

Sadly, the management of the FUND has proved faulty and near criminal. While the SGF office continues mismanagement of the sensitive FUND, many gully erosion stricken communities in Nigeria continue their wallow in the shadows of faulty leadership.

The same goes for the failed healthcare system currently surrendering to COVID19.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/boss-mustapha-in-n500million-ecological-fund-contract-scandal/
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by SLAP44: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ha
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by iwaeda: 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Book done open to his side?
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by sunnyanet(m): 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
How true?
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by Macphenson: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
Okooo
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by ican2020: 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
It runs in their blood
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by Decibel: 6:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Association of Professional/Progressive Criminals grin
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
As long as it involves Buhari's right-hand man, the case is going to be squashed.
Boss Mustapha is one of Buhari's right-hand men.
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by LivingSage: 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Despite being a Buharist, I started having doubt about Buhari's zero tolerance for Corruption since late 2019. He's not corrupt but Corruption under him these days (late 2019) gets me perplexed. He isn't serious about fighting Corruption again angry
What a shame angry

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
LivingSage:
Despite being a Buharist, I started having doubt about Buhari's zero tolerance for Corruption since late 2019. He's not corrupt but Corruption under him these days (late 2019) gets me perplexed. He isn't serious about fighting Corruption again angry
What a shame angry

Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by omonnakoda: 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
LivingSage:
What a shame angry
He is not corrupt?
0 His family are enriching themselves, using the presidential jet as a taxi?
When he was in Abacha's Petroleum Trust Fund we know what happened
What about the grass cutter before Mustapha
All his children are going to university in the UK. His salary for 10 years cannot pay for that
His son is riding expensive bikes
Do not be deceived he is a hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by iwaeda: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
LivingSage:
What a shame angry

When the books are opened, Buhari will be far ahead of Abacha's records

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by LibertyRep: 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nothing surprises me again.

They are capable of anything accused of.
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by iwaeda: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
Lalasticlala won kowo je tan.
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by Susu888(m): 2:09am On Apr 13, 2020
Check for more... 360 million is too small. The way the man looks is enough for anyone to label him thief even without evidence.

There is this look that crooks who have been in corridors of power for decades have..... i can't describe it but it exists nd alot of people can tell. Its likes a nigerian sixth sense.

I said it time and again , the only two people i can vouch for not to chop our yams in aso rock are PMB & PYO as for the rest... lipsrsealed

Especially : malami, akpabio,timipre sylva.
You see these once ba?.... even dem no sabi how much dem get. They steal in billions not millions of naira...
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by iwaeda: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2020
Susu888:
Check for more... 360 million is too small. The way the man looks is enough for anyone to label him thief even without evidence.

There is this look that crooks who have been in corridors of power for decades have..... i can't describe it but it exists nd alot of people can tell. Its likes a nigerian sixth sense.

I said it time and again , the only two people i can vouch for not to chop our yams in aso rock are PMB & PYO as for the rest... lipsrsealed

Especially : malami, akpabio,timipre sylva.
You see these once ba?.... even dem no sabi how much dem get. They steal in billions not millions of naira...

One day we will know the Truth
Re: Boss Mustapha In N500million Ecological Fund Contract Scandal by iwaeda: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Most of these projects exist in paper only, real money lavished

(1) (Reply)

We Don't Know How IPOB Raises $85,000 Monthly- Presidency / Lekki Shooting- "I Don't Care" Says Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff / Bandits Ambush Nigerian Soldiers In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.