Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. (3558 Views)

Who Else Noticed The 10mins Change In Time / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / Groceries For Your Family At Their Cheapest, You'd Be Shocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
Good day all,

In this period of lock down, many families are mending the relationships with their children and spouses and others are building even richer bonds with loved ones.

Now we have so much time in our hands, I encourage you to have devotional with your spouse and kids every morning. All it takes is 10mins and discipline.

Men in the house, you can take charge of morning devotions, with help of this thread.

I will endevour to post daily so you have fresh articles for each new day.

Excerpt from Rhapsody of Realities.

Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:10am On Apr 13, 2020
FILL YOUR HEART WITH THE RIGHT WORDS

Monday, April 13th. 2020
Pastor Chris

If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, BUT DECEIVETH HIS OWN HEART, this man’s religion is vain (James 1:26).

To deceive your heart is to make your spirit believe a lie. It’s like what Paul referenced in 2 Timothy 2:25, talking about those that oppose themselves. For example, a Christian that consistently speaks lack, sickness, weakness and defeat is opposing himself; he’s deceiving his own heart, because he’s speaking contrary to the will and provisions of Christ in His Gospel. Such words will go into his spirit as seed, and if not overturned, will grow and produce result.

Remember the words of Jesus in Mark 4:26-27: “…So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.” All the sower needed was to sow the seed; and the seed is the Word, and the heart of man is the ground that receives it (Mark 4:14-15). So, don’t sow the wrong seed in your heart by speaking carnal words. Speak the things that have been freely given to you by God: “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual” (1 Corinthians 2:13).

God has prepared great things for you. He’s given you everything you require for a glorious and excellent life in righteousness. These things are revealed in the Word and unveiled to your spirit by the Holy Spirit, who searches or scans the deep things of God. Your spirit functions like the Holy Spirit, scanning through your innermost being, for the words you’ve sown therein, so as to produce for you a harvest.

Therefore, keep sowing the right words into your heart. The Bible says out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your precious, eternal and unfailing Word, which is abundant in my heart. My heart is full of the revelation of your Word, giving no room for doubt or unbelief. Irrespective of opposing circumstances, I win, because your Word is my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. ||
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:26am On Apr 14, 2020
THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

Tuesday, April 14th. 2020
Pastor Chris

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Many in the Church really don’t understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You couldn’t understand the Gospel and not be enthused and compelled by its truth. It’s not an assumption; it’s not some fairytale; the Gospel is real and sublime.

Think about it: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; God, in human flesh, came into this world to take the place of sinful man. He was crucified on the Cross, buried, and rose from the dead and He’s alive today. Everything He accomplished on the Cross was for the whole world.

When He died on the Cross, we died in Him. When He was buried, we were buried in Him. When God raised Him up, we were raised together with Him. Today, because He lives, we live also. What a story! The One who knew no sin was made to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him!

Our opening verse says, “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” I’m compelled by this truth of the Gospel that, whereas we were all dead, cut off from the life of God, now in Christ we live. What a hope! What a message! There’s nothing like it in the world; it’s the greatest story ever told. It’s as fresh as tomorrow!

To think that this is the Gospel that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs looked forward to! This is the same Gospel that Moses, David and all of the prophets that spoke about Christ, prophesied about. This is the Gospel that we’ve embraced; that has become so real to our spirits. How amazing! It’s an unending song, an ever-flowing stream of bliss. How could I ever see and think but through His eyes and love only!

When I think about Jesus and what the Gospel means, and all that He’s done for us, I’m compelled to make it known to the world. What about you? Would you join to take this saving message to the ends of the earth?

PRAYER
Dear Father, what a message we have in the Gospel! Through this gracious and glorious Gospel—the good news of Christ’s salvation and deliverance from eternal death—faith is stirred in the hearts of many, and salvation abounds! Today, many are snatched from the jaws of destruction into the Kingdom of your Love Son, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 2:10-13 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; ||

|| Romans 1:16-17 AMPC For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God’s power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek, 17 For in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed through the way of faith that arouses to more faith]. As it is written, The man who through faith is just and upright shall live and shall live by faith. ||

|| 1 Timothy 1:15 This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 14:1-24
Judges 17-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Romans 10:11-21
Psalm 119:65-80
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by wandetooblack: 5:29am On Apr 14, 2020
yvelchstores:
THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

Tuesday, April 14th. 2020
Pastor Chris

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Many in the Church really don’t understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You couldn’t understand the Gospel and not be enthused and compelled by its truth. It’s not an assumption; it’s not some fairytale; the Gospel is real and sublime.

Think about it: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; God, in human flesh, came into this world to take the place of sinful man. He was crucified on the Cross, buried, and rose from the dead and He’s alive today. Everything He accomplished on the Cross was for the whole world.

When He died on the Cross, we died in Him. When He was buried, we were buried in Him. When God raised Him up, we were raised together with Him. Today, because He lives, we live also. What a story! The One who knew no sin was made to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him!

Our opening verse says, “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” I’m compelled by this truth of the Gospel that, whereas we were all dead, cut off from the life of God, now in Christ we live. What a hope! What a message! There’s nothing like it in the world; it’s the greatest story ever told. It’s as fresh as tomorrow!

To think that this is the Gospel that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs looked forward to! This is the same Gospel that Moses, David and all of the prophets that spoke about Christ, prophesied about. This is the Gospel that we’ve embraced; that has become so real to our spirits. How amazing! It’s an unending song, an ever-flowing stream of bliss. How could I ever see and think but through His eyes and love only!

When I think about Jesus and what the Gospel means, and all that He’s done for us, I’m compelled to make it known to the world. What about you? Would you join to take this saving message to the ends of the earth?

PRAYER
Dear Father, what a message we have in the Gospel! Through this gracious and glorious Gospel—the good news of Christ’s salvation and deliverance from eternal death—faith is stirred in the hearts of many, and salvation abounds! Today, many are snatched from the jaws of destruction into the Kingdom of your Love Son, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 2:10-13 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; ||

|| Romans 1:16-17 AMPC For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God’s power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek, 17 For in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed through the way of faith that arouses to more faith]. As it is written, The man who through faith is just and upright shall live and shall live by faith. ||

|| 1 Timothy 1:15 This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 14:1-24
Judges 17-18

Romans 10:11-21
Psalm 119:65-80

Amen!

I can't imagine what is coming at us BTW now and 14 days.

Ha! Its going to be a tough one.

1 Like

Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2020
wandetooblack:

Amen!

I can't imagine what is coming at us BTW now and 14 days.

Ha! Its going to be a tough one.
it's well my brother.
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2020
THE LOVE OF THE FATHER

Wednesday, April 15th. 2020
Pastor Chris

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

You most likely memorized the verse above as a kid, like I did. We were made to recite it as kids, but as I grew and began to understand the importance of language, the importance of words, I couldn’t but review the thoughts in that verse to understand what it really means. It says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish.…”

That’s the sovereign declaration of the Almighty God; it’s a legal message to the world, a legal instruction. As a matter of fact, it’s a law. God so loved everybody, He so loved us that He gave His only begotten Son. And in that verse alone, I found the profuse effusion and demonstration of the Father’s love. There’re so many messages embedded therein. Think about it: that He gave Jesus in your place means He loves you as much as He loves Jesus. That means you’re valuable to God.

If God so loved you, you must be something to Him; otherwise, He wouldn’t pay a price so dear in your place. Moreso, that He loves you means He’s watching over you every day; He’s with you every moment and every step of the way. He cares about everything that concerns you. This should give you an extraordinary confidence in life; a new way of thinking. The extent to which He went in demonstrating His love for you is proof that nothing is too good for you.

Paul understood this and submitted, “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:31-32). Become confident in the Father’s love for you, and be compelled by that love to reach and win others for Him.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 declares, “For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.” This means we can’t be quiet; we must tell of His love, of His grace, mercy and compassion. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Precious Father, thank you for your unwavering love which you’ve so lavishly poured out on us! Thank you for making me the object of your grace, glory and righteousness. I walk in the consciousness of your love now and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Romans 8:31-37 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth. 34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 5:14 AMPC For the love of Christ controls and urges and impels us, because we are of the opinion and conviction that [if] One died for all, then all died; ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 14:25-15:1-10
Judges 19-21

Romans 11:1-12
Psalm 119:81-104
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:53am On Apr 16, 2020
SOUND IS A LIVING THING

Thursday, April 16th. 2020
Pastor Chris

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven (Genesis 1:20).

It’s absolutely amazing what we read in our opening verse and the entire Genesis 1, as God spoke creation into being. It reveals that not only does sound contain energy, it carries life; it’s a living thing. When God spoke to water, earth and darkness in Genesis, He transferred life into them.

Hence, all creation, including those described as non-living, have life in them. The only reason man calls some things non-living is that he doesn’t understand life beyond biological definitions, and so he’s unable to find substantial, “measurable” life in those things. But they have life all the same, by virtue of God’s Word.

In Numbers 20:8, for example, God told Moses to speak to the rock: “…speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.” Why would God tell Moses to talk to the rock? It’s because the rock has life, with intelligence and memory. Like everything else in life, it’s programmed to respond to words, for they were all created by words.

Jesus spoke to a fig tree, and it shrivelled up from its roots (Mark 11:14, 20-21). If creation came about by reason of words spoken by God, it means that there are sound codes in every particle, matter or object; and so, they can all respond to the sound codes we release through our words. This also suggests that the basic constituent of matter is sound.

We see Ezekiel, by the valley of dry bones: the Lord said to Him, “Prophesy to the bones.” The Bible specifically states that the bones were very dry; “lifeless”; but at the words of Ezekiel, the bones moved, and the Spirit entered them (Ezekiel 37:1-10). Likewise, you can use the right sound codes to create the kind of life you desire. It doesn’t matter what your present circumstances are; you can change the course of your life with words and make it conform to God’s plan for you. Glory to God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability to speak words and create the kind of life that I desire. I declare that I function in supernatural prosperity and progress; I walk in divine health; I dwell continually in peace and safety, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Isaiah 59:21 As for me, this [is] my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that [is] upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever. ||

|| Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: ||

|| Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 15:11-32
Ruth 1-4

Romans 11:13-24
Psalm 119:105-128
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:30am On Apr 17, 2020
LIVE ABOVE NEEDS

Friday, April 17th. 2020
Pastor Chris

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

Many are at the infantile level in their walk with God; their prayers are laden with incessant requests for material things: they want a new house, a car, designer watches or clothes, money, etc. The truth is that God’s best isn’t to give you these things; what He seeks to give you is His Word in your spirit. That’s the most important thing in your life.

You might ask, “But didn’t God say we should ask for whatever we want?” That portion of scripture says, “Ask, and it shall be given you…For every one that asketh receiveth…” (Matthew 7:7-cool. Truly, these are the words of Jesus, but first, as you study the Scriptures, you have to realize this was particularly addressed to the Jewish congregation before the redemption. This wasn’t Christ’s message to the Church. You have to understand this asking message blesses the baby Christian, and not the spiritually mature.

Paul said, “When I was a child, I spoke, reasoned and acted like a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things” (1 Corinthians 13:11). “Ask and it shall be given to you” is for children. When you come of age, you understand that all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21). As you grow in your knowledge of God, you’ll discover that everything you require for life and godliness is yours already (2 Peter 1:3). There’s nothing for you to ask God for, because your needs have been entered into His supply system!

Read about Jesus; He had no consciousness of need or lack. He never needed to ask the Father for anything. What a place to be, where you have no consciousness of need! In the first chapter of 1 Corinthians, Paul didn’t mince words in the ninth verse, when he said, “God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.” That means you’ve been brought into oneness, a partnership, a family union with the monarch of the universe. If this is true, what in the world could you ever be in need of? Everything that belongs to Him belongs to you because you’re His heir. Praise God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the joy and benefit of fellowship, which opens my eyes to the truth that you liberally supply my every need according to your riches in glory. I’m focused on your Word, which is my source. Everything that belongs to you belongs to me, because I’m your heir, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 Corinthians 3:21-22 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; ||

|| 2 Corinthians 9:8-11 AMPC And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]. 9 As it is written, He [the benevolent person] scatters abroad; He gives to the poor; His deeds of justice and goodness and kindness and benevolence will go on
and endure forever! 10 And [God] Who provides seed for the sower and bread for eating will also provide and multiply your [resources for] sowing and increase the fruits of your righteousness [ which manifests itself in active goodness, kindness, and charity]. 11 Thus you will be enriched in all things and in every way, so that you can be generous, and [your generosity as it is] administered by us will bring forth thanksgiving to God. ||

|| 2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 16
1 Samuel 1-2

Romans 11:25-36
Psalm 119:129-144
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:07am On Apr 18, 2020
CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST

Saturday, April 18th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:2-3).

While growing up as a young Christian, I had studied different materials from several Bible scholars who emphasized the concept of “dying to self” as the true essence of the Christian life. They thought that to do anything that pleases God, or to develop a liking for the things of God, you must go through this process of “dying to self.”

However, as I studied the Scriptures, I came across Paul’s inspired writing in Colossians 3 that we are dead and our lives are hid with Christ in God. That changed everything for me; there was no need to “die to self”; we were already dead. Therefore, we didn’t have to “die” again to be able to serve God and set our minds or affections on spiritual things. We can do this naturally, as new creations of righteousness, by directing our desires.

Some people find it a drag to engage in spiritual activities, but not you. You love to pray; you love to go to Church, study and meditate on the Word, because your affection is set on Him. You’re dead to the world and the world is dead to you (Galatians 6:14). This is your new life in Christ. Live it now.

Notice that Colossians 3:3 doesn’t say you should try to die to the world or to self; rather, it says, “For ye are dead….” This means you’re a brand-new person—a new species of being that never existed before (2 Corinthians 5:17)—dead with Christ to the rudiments of the world (Colossians 2:20).

You’re dead to sin and its effects. So, it’ll be wrong to take days off, fasting “to die to the flesh,” or spending long hours in prayers, griping about how you seek to die to self in order to please God. What you should do is to set your affection on Him; on His heavenly Kingdom. Love Him with all your heart and let the things of the Spirit be more important to you than anything in the world.

CONFESSION
The Lord is gracious and kind, and He’s the personality of my deepest affection. Wholeheartedly, and with great enthusiasm, I serve the Lord with my spirit, living in His Word, above sin and its destructive effects. I walk in the glory and righteousness of Christ, in life and immortality, joy, health, peace, prosperity, and abundance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, ||

|| Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 17:1-19
1 Samuel 3-7

Romans 12:1-8
Psalm 119:145-160
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:53am On Apr 19, 2020
“CUT OFF THE SUPPLY”

Sunday, April 19th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry (Colossians 3:5).

The Spirit’s construction through the Apostle Paul of the verse above is rather interesting. First, it shows that you’re not an earthly being. The only “members” or part of your personality that’s earthly is your physical body; that’s your instrument for functioning in the earth. You’re essentially a spirit being. Therefore, you can control your body.

Observe the word, “Mortify” in our opening verse; it’s the Greek, “nekroō,” where the English derived “necrosis.” Necrosis is the death of body tissue resulting from an interruption of blood flow to that tissue. For example, if there’s a problem with the supply of blood to the limb, that tissue dies. What then is the Spirit telling us here?

It means you’re to “cut off” the supply, the very thing that feeds the evil and unwholesome desires lurking in your members—sexual vices, impurity, sensual appetites, greed, covetousness, etc.! Mortify or subject them to death by the interruption of its supply; “deaden” and deprive them of their power to control your life. It’s your responsibility to do this.

If there’re inappropriate habits you’ll like to stop, or some of the instructions the Scriptures expressly condemn for a Christian that you’ll like to completely obliterate from your life, simply do what the Bible says: cut the supply from your thought system; don’t feed them with your thoughts! It might be a video, a book, a website, or some TV programs; refuse to allow them influence you any further.

If you stop feeding your flesh, the wrong desires won’t have a place in your life; you’d find that your behaviour will change. Christianity must be practised. The Bible does tell us what to feed our minds with in Philippians 4:8. It says, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” So, consciously take your mind off unwholesome thoughts and set your affection on Christ, His Word, His love, His goodness, mercies and grace. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
By the power of the Spirit, I mortify idle, worthless and unproductive thoughts. I use my mind correctly to picture the glorious and victorious life I’ve been called to live in Christ. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Philippians 4:8 AMPC For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]. ||

|| Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 17:20-18:1-14
1 Samuel 8-10

Romans 12:9-21
Psalm 119:161-176
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:12am On Apr 20, 2020
CONCEPTUALIZE AND ACT

Monday, April 20th. 2020
Pastor Chris

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

Many people have great ideas, be it about their jobs, finances, business, ministry or career; but sadly, not many are able to fulfil or bring those ideas to fruition. Yes, they have this very inspiring idea of what they’d do or could do, but they procrastinate; before long, discouraging thoughts and seeming “valid reasons” not to act will come up, until the inspiration wanes and the dream dies.

Success comes from “doing”; that is, acting; not from seeing only. That’s why we have lots of people with great ideas—in business, politics or ministry—whose ideas never amounted to a hill of beans; they never took action. In fact, if you’d listen to them speak, you’d be awed at their lofty ideas, but they lack the drive and motivation to act.

If the foregoing describes you, the solution is simple: you need to meditate on the Word. God’s Word is a propelling force. That’s why beyond “sophia” and “sunesis” which are two different kinds of wisdom (remember, the Word of God is the wisdom of God), you must walk in “phronesis”; (these are three kinds of wisdom in the Greek New Testament).

“Sophia” is theoretical wisdom and insight into reality; it’s the collective understanding of things. “Sunesis” is critical wisdom; that is, mental or analytical knowledge; the ability to understand concepts and see relationships between them. But “Phronesis” is practical wisdom; it’s a force that makes you do and say the right things before you even think.

Therefore, if you’re in this situation of “conceptualizing” and not “acting,” begin to have daily sessions of meditating on the Word. Begin with Philippians 2:13; several times every day, you say out loud, “For it is God who works in me, both to will and to do of His good pleasure. He’s effectively at work in me, strengthening and energizing me, not just to think or know what to do, but to actually do them.” Practise this long enough and you’ll never have dreams or goals that didn’t materialize.

“Doing” people are successful people, because many people see but they don’t act! But when you see and act, it sets you apart for greatness. So, by the Spirit, go all out to pursue your dream and achieve your goals this year.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me supernatural ideas and innovative solutions for my life, job and ministry. I’m yielded to your Word, and therefore take full advantage of your inherent power and energy, which so powerfully work in me to do all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Acts 1:8 AMPC But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth. ||

|| Colossians 1:29 NIV To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 18:15-43
1 Samuel 11-13

Romans 13:1-14
Psalm 120-122
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2020
WHEN FAITH IS BROKE

Tuesday, April 21st. 2020
Pastor Chris

…Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth (Luke 18:cool.

Nowadays, it’s not uncommon to hear Christians talk about their doctor as though he’s the Holy Spirit. You’ll hear them make statements like: “I was having tummy ache; so I went to the doctor and he told me what to do.” They receive the doctor’s recommendations as though such recommendations came from the Holy Spirit.

Imagine a Christian who’s been feeling a headache for two weeks. You’d think the next thing he’d say is how he took a stand against it in the Name of Jesus, and it disappeared. Instead, his testimony is that he called his doctor who gave him a powerful drug that took care of it.

The question to ask such people is, “Where is your faith? Where is the place of the Word of God in your life?” They’re doing things because the doctor—not the Word or the Spirit—said to do them. How sad! Christians who have found themselves in this predicament have one major problem: their faith has gone broke or bankrupt.

The message of faith teaches that when you feel symptoms in your body, you rebuke it in the Name of Jesus. You command Satan to get out! Many have become so enslaved to their feelings that the slightest ache or pain have them heading to the drug store. How about the divine life in you? You’re born of God and His life in you makes you impregnable to sickness; absolutely unconquerable. Hallelujah!

You may say, “But I confessed, prayed and tried everything, but nothing was working, and I didn’t know what else to do.” Well, that’s what happens when faith is broke. How did you know things weren’t working? They only stopped working when you thought and said they weren’t working. Faith always works. Use it to frame your world and create the glorious realities you want to experience in life.

CONFESSION
It makes no difference what the situation is; my faith, fueled by the Word, always works! I take advantage of God’s extraordinary power in overcoming life’s adversities by expressing my faith, which is the victory that overcomes the world, its systems, economies and economics. I’m fully convinced of my eternal victory over sickness, poverty, Satan and the world. Therefore, I rejoice, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Proverbs 24:10 [If] thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength [is] small. ||

|| 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? ||

|| Mark 11:22-24 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 19:1-27
1 Samuel 14-15

Romans 14:1-11
Psalm 123-124
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 4:59am On Apr 22, 2020
DON’T VOID YOUR FAITH

Wednesday, April 22nd. 2020
Pastor Chris

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect (Romans 4:14).

Can faith be made void? Absolutely! There’re people who have made their faith void and the Word of God of non-effect in their lives. For example, in Mark 7:13, Jesus rebuked the Jews for making God’s Word of non-effect by their tradition. “Tradition” here refers to your way of life, your personal culture, and the things you believe. If these things are inconsistent with the Word of God, you make the Word of non-effect in your life, and your faith is made void.

Some people are putting their faith to work all right, but it’s not working, because they’ve made it void by their “traditions.” What they ought to do is change their “traditions”; adopt a new mind-set; the mindset of God’s wisdom.

Trusting in your own works also voids your faith. If you think you’re healthy and successful and blessed just because you’re doing some things right, and now you trust so much in those things and do them religiously because you think that ritual is the sustenance of your blessing, then your faith has been made void. Remember the words of Paul the apostle: “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us...” (Titus 3:5).

Galatians 2:16 say, “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Your trust must always be in the finished works of Christ; live by His faith (Galatians 2:20). Hallelujah!

PRAYER
My faith is active and always prevailing! Circumstances align with my faith-filled confessions and I rule, reign and dominate my world by my faith. I walk in the full blessings of the Gospel of Christ and enjoy the eternal realities of the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; ||

|| Hebrews 11:1 AMPC Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 19:28-48
1 Samuel 16-17

Romans 14:12-23
Psalm 125-126
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:46am On Apr 23, 2020
USE YOUR FAITH

Thursday, April 23rd. 2020
Pastor Chris

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God… (Hebrews 11:3).

Some people think it’s nice and humble to always cry to God for help. They think that God loves their “dependency syndrome,” but He doesn’t. Rather, He wants you to effect changes in your life and circumstances with the word of faith on your lips. It reminds of a situation with Jesus and His disciples as they sailed in a boat. The Master had fallen asleep in the rear of the boat, and the Bible says, “…there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy” (Luke 8:23).

The disciples ran to him in utter desperation and said, “Master, master, we perish.” The Master, after rebuking the raging tempest, turned to them and said, “Where is your faith?” (Read Luke 8:23-25). He made them realize they could have done something about the situation without necessarily coming to Him. He said in Matthew 17:20, “…If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed…nothing shall be impossible unto you.”

With your faith, you can achieve and have anything; you can chart the course of your life to align with God’s will and purpose for you. It makes no difference what has happened or is happening with your finances, job and health or in any area of your life; don’t fret or cry for help! Repair, arrange and reconstruct things in line with God’s perfect will with your confessions of faith.

With your faith, you can frame your life in the path of glory and excellence. The Bible says our faith is the victory that overcomes the world: “...this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4). There’s no situation that your faith can’t handle. That’s why Jesus asked His disciples when they panicked during crisis, “Where is your faith?”

Whatever confronts you today is no match for your faith. Change the narrative with your faith-filled confessions. Speak, and keep speaking, and you’ll surely see the change that you desire, because Jesus said, “You shall have what you say” (Mark 11:23).

CONFESSION
With the Word of God in my mouth, I frame the kind of life and environment I desire; I arrange and fashion my life and my world to synchronize with God’s perfect will. All things work together for my good. I’m never helpless, for my faith is strong and prevailing. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Matthew 17:14-20 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a [certain] man, kneeling down to him, and saying, 15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. 16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. 17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. 18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. 19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. ||

|| Hebrews 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. ||

|| Romans 10:6-8 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down [from above]smiley 7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 20:1-19
1 Samuel 18-19

Romans 15:1-9
Psalm 127-128
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:48am On Apr 24, 2020
To all those following the daily posts, Kudos! You are the real MVP
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:48am On Apr 24, 2020
THE FULL EXPRESSION OF HIM

Friday, April 24th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16).

Some Christians misunderstand what we mean when we say God lives in us. They sort of picture Him occupying somewhere inside them, in a bodily form. Don’t try to imagine something physical; God is a Spirit. When you received Christ into you, you were born into Him; your spirit was recreated in His image. He united Himself with your spirit and you became inseparably one with Him. Jesus said: “I am in the Father, and the Father is in me” (John 14:10).

The fullness of the Godhead tabernacles in Jesus; He’s the full expression of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit! In Him, the totality of deity is united, and that’s what happened with us in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:17 says he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit. 1 John 4:17 says, “…as he is, so are we in this world.” As Jesus is filled (replete) with God, so are you.

The Bible says in John 1:16, “…of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace.” We have received in all fullness everything that is of deity in Christ Jesus. Imagine the glory of your life if you lived every day, conscious that you’re full of God; and that you’re the physical body of the living God! That’s what we read in our opening verse.

Then, 2 Corinthians 6:16 says, “…for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them….” When you move, it’s God moving in you. Your hands are His hands, and your fingers His fingers; you’re immersed in Him, and He in you. Through you, He expresses Himself—His life, nature and character. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m a new creature in Christ, filled with divinity! Every fibre of my being, every bone of my body, every cell of my blood, is replete with God. I’m the moving house of the Almighty God, bearing His grace, glory and righteousness. And I impact my world with the glory of His divine presence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 6:16 AMPC What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 6:15-17 & 19 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make [them] the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 20:20-21:1-4
1 Samuel 20-22

Romans 15:10-19
Psalm 129-130
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:41am On Apr 25, 2020
FINANCIAL DISCIPLINE

Saturday, April 25th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Take a lesson from the ants, you lazy fellow. Learn from their ways and be wise! For though they have no king to make them work, yet they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter (Proverbs 6:6-8 TLB).

Financial discipline is very important, and it’s something the Spirit of God can train you in. Some don’t realise they’re not supposed to spend everything they get. Simple wisdom is that you spend less than you earn or receive; otherwise, you could end up in debt. The response of some to this might be, “What I earn isn’t even enough; after paying my tithe, giving my offering and doing other things I need to do, nothing is left.” No; don’t think or talk like that!

First, understand that you’re the seed of Abraham; therefore, your financial prosperity is independent of how much you earn or the economic situation around you. You’re an heir of God and joint-heir with Christ; you’re plugged to an unending supply. Thus, the idea of cultivating the habit to save isn’t about keeping your money in the bank to accumulate interest; it’s about discipline. Proverbs 21:20 TLB says, “The wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends whatever he gets.”

You may say, “What’s the essence of saving a small amount; it’s not going anywhere.” Don’t destroy it with your mouth. Never declare that what you have is small or not enough. Money is spiritual; it’s not that coin or note in your pocket, wallet or bank account. Money has ears and can hear you. So you must learn to bless your finances.

The issue isn’t the size of your income, but the size of your mind—your thinking, and what your faith can produce. Think about how much you might have received in the last one year; but then, how much of it did you reproduce? If your answer isn’t satisfactory, it’s time for a change. As long as the things you put money into aren’t such that can reproduce what you put in and more, then there’s a problem, and it’s expedient that you change things.

God’s Word imparts wisdom to you for financial intelligence and discipline. So, study and meditate on the Word more, and you’ll always deal wisely in handling your finances.

CONFESSION
God has given me riches and wealth, and the wisdom to multiply them! I’m the seed of Abraham; therefore, the world is mine! I lay up gold as dust; my prosperity is endless. I walk in abundance, having more than enough for myself and for others. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Luke 15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. ||

|| Proverbs 15:6 In the house of the righteous [is] much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble. ||

|| Proverbs 6:6-8 AMPC Go to the ant, O lazy one; Observe her ways and be wise, 7 Which, having no chief, Overseer or ruler, 8 She prepares her food in the summer And brings in her provisions [of food for the winter] in the harvest.
||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 21:5-38
1 Samuel 23-25

Romans 15:20-33
Psalm 131-132
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:42am On Apr 26, 2020
PERFECT AND EXCELLENT BY NATURE

Sunday, April 26th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

When we talk about excellence, it simply means to excel, to go above and beyond; to be exceptional. But then, it’s a relative concept, meaning it can be measured at different levels of your life. Excellence, therefore, gives us the idea of growth, because of its relativeness. Thus, God wants you to be awakened to who you really are: a perfect and excellent person by nature.

This is why, as you study the Scriptures, you find that He always guides our minds into the idea and reality that He’s made us perfect beings after Him. That’s the nature that He’s given us. Once you’re taught and awakened to this reality, you’ll walk in the light of it. This is the reason we don’t strive for excellence; we exude it; it’s in the fabric of our very existence; the core of our nature. Hallelujah!

When people say they’re striving for excellence, they’ll never attain it, because they’re trying to be who they already are. A dog never strives to be a dog, neither does a cat strive to be a cat. You have an excellent spirit and mind because you were born that way. You’re the perfect and excellent being of a perfect God. Therefore, let your nature, which is the nature of God, produce works of righteousness, for excellence is walking in righteousness.

CONFESSION
I have an excellent spirit and I produce excellence in all I do. The Holy Spirit lives in me in His fullness, causing me to walk in perfection and righteousness, and to express the glory and divine virtues within me. I function with the wisdom of God, with an excellent mind, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Daniel 6:3 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit [was] in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm. ||

|| 1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. ||

|| 2 Peter 1:3 AMPC For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [[d]full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue). ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 22:1-38
1 Samuel 26-28

Romans 16:1-11
Psalm 133-134
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:09am On Apr 27, 2020
FAITH FOR SOUL WINNING

Monday, April 27th. 2020
Pastor Chris

There’s no better way to express your love for Jesus Christ than to win souls for Him; the souls for whom He died. He gave His life for all men, and if you were the only one that needed salvation, He would still have come to die for you. He didn’t do it because we were many; He did it because we were valuable to God. Therefore, soul winning is worth everything. Practise it. It’s the most important thing on earth. It’s something for which you must express your faith.

You can say, “In the Name of Jesus, I claim ten souls for Jesus Christ today, by the power of the Holy Spirit!” And after making that declaration of faith, you go out for evangelism. Faith isn’t all about getting something for yourself. Let your faith work in reaching people for Christ; the growth you’d experience, both in your personal life and in the harvest of souls, will be astounding.

In John 5:19, Jesus said, “I do what I see my Father do.” Copy the Master. He was the greatest soul winner; the master soul winner. As you win souls, you’re carrying out His passion, and the glory of His Kingdom is manifested in your life in an extraordinary way. This is how you shine in the Kingdom. Recall what Jesus said about John the Baptist: “He was a burning and a shining light…” (John 5:35). What a testimony!

You have to be a burning and a shining light, and there’s no other way than soul winning, impacting lives with the Gospel: “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever” (Daniel 12:3). This is what you’ve got to do, because it’s your life, your calling and responsibility. 2 Corinthians 5:19 says, “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

CONFESSION
With the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ that I’ve received, I dispel the darkness in the hearts of the unconverted, impacting them with the message of eternal life, and establishing them in righteousness. Through me, the knowledge of Christ spreads everywhere, and my triumphs of faith effuse exquisite fragrance of God’s glory in every place, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. ||

|| Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous [is] a tree of life; and he that winneth souls [is] wise. ||

|| Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:

Luke 22:39-65
1 Samuel 29-31

Romans 16:12-27
Psalm 135-136
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2020
YOU HAVE FAITH TO RULE YOUR WORLD

Tuesday, April 28th. 2020
Pastor Chris

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).

In Matthew 17:20, Jesus said, “…for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.” Some people read this and say, “That’s my problem; I really don’t have faith.” But that’s not true. God has given to every one of us, the measure of faith. We all have faith. It came with the Gospel and was imparted to your spirit at the New Birth.

However, the difference between you and me is what we’ve done with our faith, because God gave to each one of us the same measure of faith. If I seem to have advanced beyond you or recorded greater successes, it’s because of how well I’ve grown and exercised my faith; what I’ve done with it. When you do more with your faith, you’ll achieve much and glorify the Father. It’s about your practise of the Word. That’s what faith is: the response of the human spirit to the Word of God.

When you face challenges, respond with the Word; that’s using your faith. And faith, the Bible says, abides (1 Corinthians 13:13); it prevails whenever you put it to work. It’s the victory that overcomes the world (1 John 5:4). Once you understand this, you’ll have no fear or worries about anything, because with your faith, you can destroy sicknesses and diseases! You can paralyse and neutralise Satan’s works. You can destroy the lump, the diabetes or blood condition. You can alter circumstances and chart your course in the direction of God’s will and purpose for your life. Amen.

CONFESSION
I’ve got faith in my spirit. At all times and in all seasons, irrespective of the circumstances or contrary situations, I win, for whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world, and my faith is the victory that overcomes the world. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley ||

|| Romans 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 22:66-23:1-25
2 Samuel 1-3

1 Corinthians 1:1-9
Psalm 137-138
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:23am On Apr 29, 2020
IMPACTING LIVES WITH THE GOSPEL

Wednesday, April 29th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill (Matthew 5:14 MSG).

We read in the Book of Acts that God wrought many unusual miracles through the hands of Paul. Handkerchiefs and aprons were taken from his body, and when those materials were brought in contact with sick people, they were healed and those who were oppressed of demons were set free.

But something interesting to note is that the handkerchiefs and aprons didn’t do anything; they had no intelligence or mind of their own. However, they had become impacted with the Spirit to become a conduit for God’s power. Nonetheless, even though the power of God was in them, they couldn’t do anything until someone transported them from Paul to where there was a need—to the sick and the oppressed.

This is what happens with you that are born again and filled with the Spirit. Until and unless you take or channel the power in you to where there’s a need, there’ll be no manifestation of the power in you. A Christian can be as “lifeless” as the handkerchiefs and aprons from Paul, until he or she comes in contact with the need in men’s lives. That’s why you must be about God’s business of soul winning.

Out in the world is where the need is; that’s where you find the rendezvous of broken humanity. You may never make impact with the power in you until you leave your comfort zone, and make contact with those in need. You were born as an agent of change; an influence and an answer to the cry of the needy in your world. Therefore, put the glory in you to work; manifest the virtues and perfections of Christ which are in your spirit.

It’ll be a great waste to have the Holy Spirit and live an ordinary life. If you were the only one that’s filled with the Holy Spirit in your town, city or country, there should still be a remarkable impact with the Gospel. Make the choice to rule your world; impact lives with the Gospel, for that’s the desire of the Spirit and His will for your life.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for your extraordinary grace and glory in my life; thank you for the special privilege to be a blessing to my world, bringing illumination and meaning to the lives of many through the Gospel. My light shines everywhere, dispelling evil, wickedness and ushering men into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Isaiah 60:1-2 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 9:16-17 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation [of the gospel] is committed unto me. ||

|| Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 23:26-49
2 Samuel 4-6

1 Corinthians 1:10-21
Psalm 139-140
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 3:39am On Apr 30, 2020
BOLDLY DECLARE YOUR FAITH

Thursday, April 30th. 2020
Pastor Chris

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

Why did Peter, a disciple of Jesus Christ, deny Jesus three times? It was because of fear. He was afraid that he could be arrested and killed if he affirmed openly that he knew Jesus. And guess who confronted him? A maid, not even the soldiers. Yet, Peter, out of fear, denied the Master.

Such still happens today. Many live under the shadow of what others, most of whom they don’t even know, would say about them or do to them for openly identifying with Jesus. But not when you’re full of the Holy Spirit! Don’t worry if you’re ostracised, criticised or mocked because of Jesus Christ. It’s actually a blessing—a great one at that—to be “humiliated” or persecuted for His sake.

God gave you His Spirit to live in you and embolden you, so you’ll never be timid or intimidated to proclaim Jesus Christ openly and affirm your faith at every given opportunity. When the same Peter who was initially full of fear received the Holy Spirit, his life was completely altered; he became fearless! In spite of the large and intimidating crowd present on the day of Pentecost, he proclaimed the Gospel with such boldness and power that resulted in a mighty harvest of souls into the Kingdom. Hallelujah!

It’s an honour to know Jesus and to serve Him. Be bold about your association and union with Him. Don’t care what others would say or do to you because of your love for Him. Serve Him with all your heart and live for Him in truth.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m honoured and joyful to be identified with Jesus. I have the most sublime identity and I know it! I’m ever bold and confident, ever ready with utmost enthusiasm to proclaim the news of your saving power, fulfilling my ministry in the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Acts 18:9-11 AMPC And one night the Lord said to Paul in a vision, Have no fear, but speak and do not keep silent; 10 For I am with you, and no man shall assault you to harm you, for I have many people in this city. 11 So he settled down among them for a year and six months, teaching the Word of God [concerning the [a]attainment through Christ of eternal salvation in the kingdom of God]. ||

|| 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. ||

|| Luke 12:8-9 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: 9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 23:50-24:1-12
2 Samuel 7-8

1 Corinthians 1:22-31
Psalm 141-142
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:01am On May 01, 2020
THE PERFECTION OF THE HEART

Friday, May 1st. 2020
Pastor Chris

Amaziah was twenty and five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem. And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart - 2 Chronicles 25:1-2

What we just read in our theme scripture is quite interesting; it says Amazing did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, but not with a perfect heart. God wasn’t judging the rightness of his action, but the perfection of his heart. His conduct was right; at least God said so, but he lacked the heartiness-the quality of hearty sincerity.

We find another example in 1 Kings 15, with King Asa. 1 Kings 15:14 shows a flaw in his actions, which nevertheless, didn’t dent the perfection of his heart as far as God was concerned. It says, “But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa’s heart was perfect with LORD all his days”

The foregoing show two people, one whose conduct was right in the sight of God but his heart wasn’t perfect with God; and then another one whose conduct wasn’t perfect, but his heart was perfect with the Lord. Here’s an imperfect heart (Amaziah) doing perfect things, and a perfect heart (Asa) doing imperfect things. But God called Abraham to a higher quality of perfection when He said, “…walk before me, and be thou perfect” (Genesis 17:1); He was asking for the perfection that works from within; perfection of the heart that produces perfect actions.

That’s what we have in Christ; you were born perfect after Him, with a perfect heart that produces righteousness. He’s given you that perfection of heart (that Perfection of the spirit). Believe it; affirm it; and act accordingly. Live from your heart, manifesting His virtues and perfections His virtues and perfections in you to your world; “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light” (1 Peter 2:9 AMPC)

CONFESSION
Dear Father, I thank you for the perfection of my heart. I produce righteousness, because of the nature of Christ in me. My life is the expression of your glory and excellence, now and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

|| 1 KING 15:14 But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days. ||

|| MATTHEW 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect] ||

|| 1 JOHN 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world] ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:

Luke 24:13-35
2 Samuel 9-11

1Corinthians 2:1-11
Psalm 143-144
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:41am On May 02, 2020
FORGIVENESS IS IMPERATIVE

Saturday, May 2nd. 2020
Pastor Chris

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven (Matthew 18:21-22).

Forgiving others of their wrong isn’t an option for a child of God. If you ever have an issue with anyone, whether your brothers and sisters in the Lord, or with outsiders, don’t let it go beyond that day. The Bible says, “...Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath” (Ephesians 4:26).

But what if you forgive them and they wrong you again the next day? You’ll have to forgive again. That’s what we read in our opening scripture. Jesus said we’re to forgive others “seventy times seven” times, in response to Peter’s question. That number symbolizes boundlessness. And these things were written for our learning, for our admonition. In essence, Jesus was saying, “Forgive, no matter how many times someone offends you,” because you have enough capacity to forgive.

If Christ Jesus forgave you, why should there be anything too much for you to forgive? The Bible says, “Put up with each other, and forgive anyone who does you wrong, just as Christ has forgiven you” (Colossians 3:13 CEV). Someone may say, “I’ll never forgive so- and-so, because what he did was so terrible”; no! Not when you’re born again. We have the nature of God to forgive. This is why forgiveness is imperative; it’s not a piece of advice. You must always forgive, and quickly too. Let God’s love in your heart flow through you lavishly.

CONFESSION
The love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit; that love mantles my heart and mind, causing me to see others as God sees them. There’s no one and there’s no wrong I can’t forgive. I have the capacity to absolve others of their faults, and demonstrate the God-nature in me; the nature of love, through my words and actions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. ||

|| 1 Peter 4:8 CEV Most important of all, you must sincerely love each other, because love wipes away many sins. ||

|| Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Luke 24:36-53 &
2 Samuel 12-14

1 Corinthians 2:12-16
Psalm 145-146
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:05am On May 03, 2020
LIFE IS A RACE

Sunday, May 3rd. 2020
Pastor Chris

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain (1 Corinthians 9:24).

The Amplified Classic Version of the scripture above says, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours.” Life is a race, a competition. Thus, in the race of life, you’re to run in such a way as to win the prize. Don’t “run” (live) like it doesn’t matter.

In the 25th verse of 1 Corinthians 9, Paul said, “And every man that striveth for the mastery is TEMPERATE IN ALL THINGS. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.” To be temperate in all things means to exercise self-control; to play by the rules. In the race of life, you must be careful what you do and how you live, because you’re in the race to win.

If those who compete in Athletics for “a corruptible crown” buffet themselves and run with purpose and definitiveness, how about us whose race is spiritual, and our crown, incorruptible? Always live with the consciousness to obtain the prize from Jesus Christ.

Our walk of faith and in the faith isn’t for nothing. There’s a prize to be won, but there’s a discipline to go through, if you must win. To have a great life, there’s a discipline required; the discipline to do the Word and be yielded to the leading of the Spirit. That’s what guarantees your victory.

CONFESSION
I count not myself to have apprehended; but this is the one thing that I do: I forget those things which are behind, and reach forth to those things which are before. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. I’m a spiritual sportsman, equipped for the life of victory with the Word. Praise God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Hebrews 12:1 NIV Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, ||

|| 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

John 1:1-18
2 Samuel 15-17

1 Corinthians 3:1-9
Psalm 147-148
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:19am On May 04, 2020
EMPOWERED FOR SOUL WINNING

Monday, May 4th. 2020
Pastor Chris

And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness (Acts 4:31).

The only serious evidence that shows anyone has genuinely received the Holy Spirit is soul winning; dynamic evangelism. Everyone who is filled with the Holy Spirit speaks the Word with boldness. The Word enjoins us not only to receive the Holy Spirit, but to be filled with Him continually (Ephesians 5:18 AMPC).

Jesus said, “...If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink” (John 7:37). Having drunk of Him, what should follow? He gave the answer in the very next verse: “…out of his (your) belly shall flow rivers (gushers) of living water” (John 7:38). The evidence that you’ve drunk of the Spirit is the gushers—the fountain of words of life that flow from you to the world.

Read the Bible! The most consistent thing that happened after men were filled with the Holy Spirit in Bible days was that they spoke the Word of God with boldness. When the apostles had prayed and got filled with the Holy Spirit, as read in our theme verse, the result was that they spoke the Word with boldness! Their lives manifested that glory to win souls.

The Holy Spirit came into your life to make you a witness. Jesus said: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me…” (Acts 1:cool. If you’re timid about preaching the Gospel, it means you haven’t recognized the Holy Spirit in your life, because the Spirit grants you boldness to stand up for Jesus Christ.

You can’t have the Holy Spirit and not know how to win souls. All it takes is for you to take the step; decide to speak to someone about Jesus, and as you open your mouth, the Holy Spirit will put words in your mouth that they can’t resist or gainsay. The boldness of the Spirit will be stirred within you. There’s a depth in God you’ll never know until you begin to win souls; therefore, be excited to do it. As you do, you’d enjoy the glory and blessedness of Christianity, beyond what you ever thought possible. Praise God!

CONFESSION
The glorious Gospel of the blessed God is committed to my trust and I’m dedicated to its spread around the world. I’m the custodian of His saving power that unveils His righteousness, eternal life, and destiny for all mankind. I’m His light in a dark world, infused with the ability to turn men to righteousness. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Psalm 67:2 TLB Send us around the world with the news of your saving power and your eternal plan for all mankind. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! ||

|| Acts 1:8 AMPC But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

John 1:19-51
2 Samuel 18-19

1 Corinthians 3:10-23
Psalm 149-150
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:15am On May 05, 2020
THE HONOUR OF SERVICE IN GOD’S HOUSE

Tuesday, May 5th. 2020
Pastor Chris

If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire (1 Corinthians 3:15).

To be a leader is a great honour; whether it’s in politics, government, education, it doesn’t matter. To be called a leader of people is always a great honour. However, to be a leader in the house of God is even a far greater honour, because that’s a role that belongs to Christ. It’s about His work. It means some of His work has been given to you.

In Matthew 16:18, Jesus said, “…I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Notice that He didn’t say, “Let us build my Church”; rather, He said, “I will build my Church.” Part of how He builds His Church is through those He’s appointed to lead and teach His people; the leaders of the Church. Every part of the work that we carry out to fulfil His vision is a huge responsibility, because it means He’s carrying it out through us. If that’s the case, we’re only expected to do whatever we do in His Name and according to His will; not our will, because He’s only given us the honour of service in His house. This should let you know the level of appreciation we should have for such recognition in God’s house. Whatever assignment is given to you to carry out in the house of God, hallow it. Relish and cherish it, and do it as unto Christ. Handle it with great care, because at the end of the day, the Bible says we’ll all give account to God for all that we did.

Remember, there’re two major judgements at the end of all things. One of them is the judgement seat of Christ, which will be to receive our rewards and praises from Him; but some will have more honour than others. Some may lose on theirs due to their motives. He doesn’t want us to serve Him out of human ambitions or fleshly desires. He wants us to do His work in love, in humility, in obedience to Him, and to serve His purpose. Serve the Lord gladly with wholehearted devotion, and please Him in all things.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the honour and blessedness of service in your house and in the Kingdom. My heart and mind are sanctified to produce works that are acceptable to you as I serve with love, humility and obedience to you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. ||

|| Revelation 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. ||

|| 2 Timothy 2:20-21 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

John 2:1-25
2 Samuel 20-21

1 Corinthians 4:1-10
Proverbs 1
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:37am On May 06, 2020
DIVINE WISDOM VERSUS INTELLIGENCE

Wednesday, May 6th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory (1 Corinthians 2:6-7).

There’s a difference between intelligence and wisdom. There’re lots of people who are living by intelligence, and despite their “intelligence,” life defeats them. Intelligence is part of our animal characteristics. Humans are only given the highest intelligence, but when you’re born again, you’re translated from human intelligence to divine wisdom.

Wisdom is what gives you divine interpretations; it gives you insight into reality. For example, in Luke 8:51-56, a child was sick, and the father invited Jesus. But before Jesus arrived, the child died. So, they informed Him that the child had died, but He went anyway. The Bible says, “The house was filled with people weeping and wailing….” Jesus said to them, “... Stop the weeping! She isn’t dead; she is only asleep” (Luke 8:52 NLT). That was wisdom talking. But they thought He was insane, because according to their “intelligence” (biological understanding), the little girl was dead; her heart had stopped.

But life is spiritual, and Jesus understood this. He was wisdom personified. Wisdom knew that the child was sleeping. All He said was, “Little girl, get up”; and the Bible says the girl came to life! This is what God is bringing you into: a perfection of His wisdom in you that brings you into alignment with His thoughts and ways of doing things. Then you see as God sees; you understand from His perspective.

The only way you can see how God sees is by using the spectacles of His Word. Suddenly, your thinking process will be elevated; your mindset will be renewed. Even your perception of yourself and your interpretation of life’s circumstances would all change, because of the ministry of divine wisdom in your life.

CONFESSION
Christ is made unto me wisdom! I live victoriously, taking advantage of God’s Word and His grace available to me. I have light, understanding and excellent wisdom. I walk in victory in my job, business, family, finances and everything about my life. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; ||

|| Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth [cometh] knowledge and understanding. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

John 3:1-21
2 Samuel 22

1 Corinthians 4:11-21
Proverbs 2
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:20am On May 07, 2020
HIS THRONE IN YOUR HEART

Thursday, May 7th. 2020
Pastor Chris

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16).

The scripture above is so profound. It shows that the throne of God is in your heart, since He lives in you in His fullness. The same thought is expressed in 2 Corinthians 6:15-17. It says, “…for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people….” What a blessing this is!

The word translated “temple” is the Greek word, “naos.” It doesn’t refer to the ordinary everyday temple, but to an inner shrine; the shrine that houses the image of the “god”; the inner sanctuary where the image of the god is kept. For the Jews, it was the Holy of Holies; that’s where the presence of God was. They didn’t have an image inside, but the presence of Jehovah was there.

When the Holy Spirit took up His abode in the quarters of your heart, you became that “shrine”; the place of His presence. Think about that! It means you carry heaven in you. When Jesus came to this world, He came with heaven in Him to bless the world with. He brought it in His heart, because the Holy Spirit lived inside Him. He came with the throne of God in His heart. No wonder He was such a blessing to the world!

The same applies to you. You’re much more than a religious person; by reason of the New Birth, you’ve been translated into the Kingdom of God, and now carry His throne in your heart. You’re heaven’s ambassador to this world. In reality, everywhere you go, God goes, because you’re His house. He talks in you, and He looks through your eyes. Therefore preach the Gospel; cast out devils; heal the sick; cleanse the lepers; raise the dead. Bless the world with the grace and glory of heaven that’s in you. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a partaker of your life and glory. I carry your divine presence in my heart and impact my world with the blessings of my divinity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: ||

|| Colossians 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

John 3:22-36
2 Samuel 23-24

1 Corinthians 5:1-13
Proverbs 3
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:33am On May 08, 2020
SPEAKING YOUR BELIEVING

Friday, May 8th. 2020
Pastor Chris

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Our opening verse parallels the principle in Romans 10:9-10; the “believe and affirm” principle. It says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” In Christianity, we speak our believing. Remember, believing is acting your faith.

Faith must speak; it doesn’t remain alone; you affirm the Word. Express your faith with your mouth; it’s the instrument with which you chart your course in perfection, prosperity and success. You’re to use the power of words to create and sustain your victorious life.

Our salvation has already been consummated and made available in Christ Jesus, but to catapult yourself into the blessings and benefits of salvation, you must go beyond believing in the heart, to speaking. This is because with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation. This is the reason some people, even though they’ve been Christians for long, have never really enjoyed the blessings of Christianity. They haven’t acted on the Word.

You’re to make confessions of the Word; that means you speak the same things that God has said concerning you. That’s your faith-response to the Word. He gave you His Word so you might respond. Your confession or affirmation is that response, and it activates the power of God’s Word in your life. Until you make those confessions, your faith won’t produce results. Your believing and your “speaking” must go together. That’s what we read in our opening verse. So, speak the Word only, and always, for a life of constant victory and excellence. Praise God!

CONFESSION
The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth and prevails in and through me today. I believe and therefore I speak, because the Word of God is my life, and the glory and blessings therein are evident in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

|| Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

John 4:1-26
1 Kings 1

1 Corinthians 6:1-11
Proverbs 4
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:36am On May 09, 2020
BEAUTIFY YOUR LIFE WITH FAITH-FILLED WORDS

Saturday, May 9th. 2020
Pastor Chris

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body (James 3:2).

The words you speak are a true measure of your spirituality. It makes no difference what others might think or say about you; what matters are the words that come out of your mouth every day, irrespective of who you may be talking to: God, men, yourself, circumstances, or nature. Be sure to only and always speak faith-filled and spirit-filled words.

The Apostle James likened the tongue to the rudder of a great ship that the captain uses to navigate the ship aright, irrespective of the fierce winds driving against it (James 3:4-5). This means that with your words, you can keep yourself in health, in faith, in success, and in excellence. Don’t talk fear, lack or your inabilities. Consciously speak faith-filled words.

There’s no need praying and asking God to make His promises real in your life; they’re already real. Simply acknowledge and affirm who you are in Christ and your inheritance in Him, and walk accordingly. Don’t say, “Lord, you promised to bless me; you promised to make me fruitful”; rather, say, “Lord, I thank you for you’ve blessed me with all things; you’ve made me fruitful and productive.” Hallelujah!

It’s wonderful that with your faith-filled words, you can disallow sickness, disease, infirmity and weakness from your body. Always speak health, strength and abundance. Use your tongue to come out of trouble, depression, poverty and frustrations. Today, where you are, and what you are in life, are the result of yesterday's words. Jesus said you shall have what you say (Mark 11:23). Therefore, beautify your life with your faith-filled words.

PRAYER
Dear Lord, I thank you for the blessing of your Word and the wisdom it imparts to me. I declare that my faith is working and I live a life of total joy and fulfillment in Christ. I’m sound, excellent, full of life and aglow in the spirit. I walk in the glory of God, manifesting the righteousness of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Psalms 34:12-13 What man [is he that] desireth life, [and] loveth [many] days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. ||

|| Proverbs 18:21 Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. ||

John 4:27-54
1 Kings 2-3

1 Corinthians 6:12-20
Proverbs 5
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 3:23pm On May 10, 2020
LIVE TRIUMPHANTLY EVERY DAY

Sunday, May 10th. 2020
Pastor Chris

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4)

There’s a higher life in Christ to which we’ve been called. We’re not ordinary. Jesus didn’t only give us this supernatural life, but also came to demonstrate to us how to live this life. When He walked the earth, His life and ministry were an absolute demonstration of the righteousness of God, and dominion of the Spirit. He had a mind-set of absolute mastery. He wasn’t subject to the corruption and darkness of this world. He ruled over nature and lived above the elements. Hallelujah!

Christ’s triumphant life on earth was an example for us to follow. Since we have the same life and nature with Him, we’re to live victoriously every day, with dominion over circumstances. The Bible says as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). You’ve been built with possibilities within your system. You’re in this world, not as a victim, but as more than a conqueror. God has given you dominion over all things (Genesis 1:28). He gave you a life that’s superior, not only to circumstances and the forces of nature, but also to spiritual beings of evil—Satan and his cohorts.

Refuse to live an ordinary life. Take a cue from the Master: He walked on water, opened blind eyes, unstopped deaf ears, made the lame to walk, restored speech to the dumb, raised the dead, and literally transcended natural laws. We can, and are to do likewise, because we’re of the same stock with Him. Divinity is at work in you. Christ is alive and at work in you; therefore, nothing can put you down. Live triumphantly every day.

CONFESSION
My life is supernatural and I live triumphantly every day. Christ in me is my assurance of a life of endless possibilities and ever-increasing glory. I’m superior to Satan, the circumstances of life and the darkness and economic conditions of this world. I’m a victor in Christ Jesus, now and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 John 4:4 KJV Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ||

|| 1 John 5:4 KJV For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. ||

|| Luke 10:19 KJV Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. ||

John 5:1-30,
1 Kings 4-6

1 Corinthians 7:1-9,
Proverbs 6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? / Inheritance Even With A Will. Polygamous Families Are The Worst. / World’s Tallest Couple Recognized By Guinness World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.