Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. (3559 Views)

Who Else Noticed The 10mins Change In Time / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / Groceries For Your Family At Their Cheapest, You'd Be Shocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:24am On Jun 14, 2020
BE OF GOOD CHEER .

Sunday, June 14th . 2020
Pastor Chris

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

Imagine you were on a flight that was experiencing some turbulence and you were beginning to get worried. Then you heard the captain say, “Please be informed there’s some turbulence in the air, but it’s not a problem at all. So, sit back and relax; we’re fine.” You’re most certainly going to feel a sudden calm; the anxiety will disappear. Why? The captain says the turbulence doesn’t matter!

This is the kind of assurance we have from Jesus in our theme verse. He said, “…be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” Such powerful, comforting and uplifting words! In the midst of the trials, temptations, troubles; in the midst of the persecution and hatred, He wants you to be of good cheer, because everything is going to be all right. Never allow sadness and unhappiness in your life as a result of whatever you may be going through. You’re a victor in Christ Jesus.

Even when things don’t seem to be going right, be unflustered. The Word says, “Count it all joy when you go through diverse tests” (James 1:2). That challenging situation is for your promotion and testimony. You live on the mountaintop, because you’re seated together with Christ in the place of glory and dominion. Therefore, when you face distressing situations, turbulent times, live above them.

Christ has made us masters over circumstances. Now He wants you to display extraordinary courage in fulfilling His dream for you. Philippians 4:6 says, “Do not be anxious about anything…” (NIV). It makes no difference what’s going on; don’t lose your cool! It’s been written about you already that you won: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4). Cheer up, for your future is greater than your past. Praise God!

CONFESSION
God has separated me from the world and given me a life that’s beyond this world: a life of faith and victory through the Word. I live victoriously and triumphantly above sickness, disease, inflation and terror. I’m more than a conqueror because greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| John 16:33 AMPC I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.] ||

|| Psalm 31:24 TLB “So cheer up! Take courage if you are depending on the Lord.” ||

|| Isaiah 60:1-2 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 4:32-5:1-11
2 Chronicles 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
2 Corinthians 3:11-18
Songs Of Solomon 7-8
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
IT’S IN YOU NOW .

Monday, June 15th . 2020
Pastor Chris

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10 NIV).

Just as divine health, prosperity, forgiveness, justification, sanctification and righteousness aren’t promises from God for the new creation, even so is eternal life not a promise! Eternal life isn’t life in heaven or life you receive when you get to heaven; it’s in you now.

Jesus would never have needed to come if all there is to eternal life is going to heaven. After all, Enoch went to heaven before Jesus came (Genesis 5:24). Also, Jesus said God isn’t the God of the dead, but of the living; He’s called the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Read Luke 20:37-38); meaning that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are alive and in heaven.

Even Elijah was carried to heaven with a chariot of fire (2 Kings 2:11); he didn’t need Jesus to have come first. This proves that eternal life isn’t about living endlessly in heaven. Jesus didn’t come to give us something that was already available; He was the manifestation of the life which God promised before the world began. God’s plan for man was to live like God, live in His image, live as His reflection in this world. But man lost out on God’s plan due to Adam’s transgression.

However, through Christ Jesus, eternal life—the life and nature of God is now available to anyone who believes in Him. There’s animal life, plant life, human life, and then you have the God-life, which you receive when you’re born again. That’s the life Jesus spoke about in our theme verse. It’s indestructible and untainted.

That eternal life controls everything about your life now; it vitalizes your physical body. It destroys sickness, disease, infirmity and everything that’s not of God in your physical body. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Eternal life is my present-hour possession in Christ. I have that unfading, incorruptible, indestructible, imperishable life, resident in my spirit. I’ve been brought from humanity to eternity; therefore, I have dominion over death, sickness, disease, infirmity, failure, lack, and all the rudiments of this world.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ||

|| John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. ||

|| 1 John 5:11-13 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Acts 5:12-42
2 Chronicles 23-25

2 Corinthians 4:1-6
Isaiah 1
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 4:38am On Jun 16, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES FOR 16TH JUNE 2020.

TOPIC : HIS INSTRUCTIONS MAKE GREAT.”

TODAY’S  SCRIPTURE: Genesis 12:2

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.

God expects that when we receive His Word, we should live accordingly.

When we have words in Scripture that show us principles of life or that give us definite instructions from God, we have to take heed; we have to take such words seriously and live by them. His instructions make great.

Life becomes challenging, a labyrinth of confusion for those who don’t follow God’s Word but would rather act on human wisdom and intelligence.

Take for instance, the experience of Isaac in Genesis 26. He received an instruction from the Lord not to leave his country to Egypt, because of the famine in his country.

People were migrating to Egypt at the time for greener pastures so it made sense (human wisdom) that Isaac sought to leave Gerar to seek relief in Egypt.

However, the Lord instructed him, saying, “… dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father” (Genesis 26:2-3).

Isaac followed the Lord’s instruction and the result is penned for us in Genesis 26:12-13: he grew, waxed great and became very great, so much so that the Philistines envied him in the same land that was impoverished by famine.

Follow the leading of God’s Spirit for your life.

There’s no other way to greatness and a successful life besides following God’s plan, His instructions, will and purpose for your life.

It makes no difference the pressure you’re under, yield to the Spirit for answers; don’t make impulsive decisions that’d most certainly worsen the situation.

Consult and trust Him for guidance.

The Holy Spirit knows and has the blueprint for your greatness and prosperity.

Your greatness is His plan and His idea.

He said to Abraham, “…I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing” (Genesis 12:2).

Never suppose that your greatness is dependent upon your works or anyone.

As the seed of Abraham, greatness is in you, harnessed and brought to the fore as you follow God’s instructions and fulfil His purpose for your life.

CONFESSION:

I’m the seed of Abraham, graced for greatness and anointed to be fruitful and productive in every good work.

I’ve been ordained to prosper and to live in glory.

Therefore, I live the glorious life, fulfilling my purpose and destiny in Christ.

Great things are happening for me and through me, by the power of the Word and the ability of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name.

Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Genesis 26:12-13; Galatians 3:29; Proverbs 4:13

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

Acts 6:1-15 & 2 Chronicles 26-28

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

2 Corinthians 4:7-18 & Isaiah 2

Rhapsody of Realities is written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. It is a life guide designed to enhance your spiritual growth and development by bringing you a fresh perspective from God’s word daily.
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:49am On Jun 18, 2020
Rhapsody of Realities 18th June 2020.

TODAY’S TOPIC: LET PEACE RULE IN YOUR HEART.

SCRIPTURE: And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7)

In 2 Corinthians 2:10-11, Paul said, “To whom ye forgive anything, I forgive also: for if I forgave anything, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.”

Here, the Spirit, through the Apostle Paul, highlights the importance of forgiving others, so that Satan doesn’t take advantage of the situation.

It’s the way to allow the peace of Christ to rule in your heart.

You may have a reason to be offended or angry, but Ephesians 4:26

“Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.”

Some have left the church because they were angry, and others have quit their jobs because of anger.

Some have accommodated anger against others for so long, without realizing its destructive effect on their own lives.

Practise the Word. Don’t retain anger in your heart; give it up quickly.

You may say, “But what so-and-so did against me caused me terrible pain”; it makes no difference.

When you’re filled with the Spirit, your heart is ruled with peace and you live joyfully and in love, irrespective of the actions of others.

Read what the Word says in James 5:13 “Is any among you afflicted?

let him pray…”; he didn’t say, “Let him fight or be vengeful”; neither did He say, “Let him tell the whole world about it.” The word “afflicted” in that verse also means to be aggrieved or offended.

He says if that happens to you, pray about it.

Don’t get troubled and become bitter.

The Bible says, “Be anxious about nothing; in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God” (Philippians 4:6), and His peace will rule in your heart.

TODAY’S PRAYER:

Dear Father, thank you for pouring out your love on me lavishly.

I share the same love with those in my world, loving them unconditionally.

Thank you for giving me the capacity to forgive and love like you do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Colossians 3:13, CEV; 1 John 3:14; Mark 11:25-26

Acts 7:54-8:1-8; 2 Chronicles 31-32

2 Corinthians 5:11-21; Isaiah 4

Prayer of Salvation: We trust you have been blessed by this devotional. We invite you to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life by praying thus:

“O Lord God, I believe with all my heart in Jesus Christ, Son of the living God. I believe He died for me and God raised Him from the dead. I believe He’s alive today. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life from this day. Through Him and in His Name, I have eternal life; I’m born again. Thank you Lord, for saving my soul! I’m now a child of God. Hallelujah!”
Congratulations! You are now a child of God!

Thanks for reading Today’s Rhapsody of Realities 18th June 2020 – Let Peace Rule In Your Heart by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Please share this with other people.
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:29am On Jun 19, 2020
LIFE HAS COME .

Friday, June 19th . 2020
Pastor Chris

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name (John 20:31).

Without eternal life, man is lost. He’s an eternal spirit that won’t just dematerialize and be forgotten. He goes to hell! The Bible says hell is the place of condemnation, the place of death, “...prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matthew 25:41).

When Adam sinned against God, all men died. In Romans 5:12, the Bible says, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.” Sin brought death. That’s how death came to be in everything; it’s in all of nature. It’s the reason everything in the natural world degenerates. It’s the reason things get old and go extinct.

Men live and become weak, grow old and they pass on. It’s all because of the response of nature to the curse of death. Death is the elimination of life, the cessation of the functionality of life. God understood and saw all of these from the dateless past and planned that man should have eternal life; the indestructible life!

Everyone, including all of nature, has been looking forward to eternal life! They needed life, because there was death in everything. Romans 8:20 says, “For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope”; what hope? The hope of eternal life which God that cannot lie, promised before the world began (Titus 1:2)!

Then John brings the good news, which we read in our theme verse. 1 John 5:11 says, “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” You have eternal life now, meaning you’re in the ageless zone; you’ve passed from death to life. Whereas death works in the world, life works in you and everything that’s connected to you. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
The Lord has called me with a holy calling, according to His own purpose and grace. He’s abolished death and has brought life and immortality to light through the Gospel. Death has been defeated by Jesus, and now I have the all-conquering, unfading life of God in me. Glory to God forever!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 John 5:11-13 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. ||

|| John 3:35-36 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 8:9-40
2 Chronicles 33-34

2 Corinthians 6:1-10
Isaiah 5-6
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:31am On Jun 20, 2020
MANIFESTING ETERNAL LIFE .

Saturday, June 20th . 2020
Pastor Chris

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour (Titus 1:2-3).

Notice what we just read: God manifested His word of promise for eternal life through “preaching”; preaching to who? To every creature, not just people. Jesus said in Mark 16:15, “...Go ye into all the world, and PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE.” The problem is that we’ve only been preaching the salvation message to human beings; consequently, we’re living in an environment that’s working against us.

Environmental degradation is on the rise, because we’re not preaching to all creation. This is the reason Paul cries out: “For the earnest expectation of the creature (creation) waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God” (Romans 8:19). The whole creation is groaning in pain, because the creation is in bondage, waiting to be liberated into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.

I first discovered this truth as a teenager and taught it even to my parents. I’d say to my dad, “Everything in life has intelligence; therefore, you can talk to your belongings; talk to your cars and they’ll never be grounded or immobile. Preach to them.” When I said those things, I sounded weird. But this is what we’ve been commissioned to do.

You can preach to your clothes, furniture, etc. Everything in life is waiting for your manifestation; waiting for you to liberate them. And when you do this, you’ll discover that in your life, you’re always new, always advancing; you see life working in everything around you. The supernatural becomes an everyday occurrence, because you’re manifesting eternal life. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I speak blessings to everything around me. I bring deliverance to every creature in my world, taking them out of bondage and corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. I acknowledge God’s divine presence in my life; therefore, His splendour, excellence and perfection are expressed through me. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 2 Timothy 1:8-10 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: ||

|| Mark 16:15 NIV He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. ||

|| Titus 1:2-3 AMPC [Resting] in the hope of eternal life, [life] which the ever truthful God Who cannot deceive promised before the world or the ages of time began. 3 And [now] in His own appointed time He has made manifest (made known) His Word and revealed it as His message through the preaching entrusted to me by command of God our Savior; ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 9:1-31
2 Chronicles 35-36

2 Corinthians 6:11-18
Isaiah 7
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:42am On Jun 21, 2020
YOU’RE ACTING OUT A SCRIPT .

Sunday, June 21st . 2020
Pastor Chris

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live] (Ephesians 2:10 AMPC).

How beautiful and inspiring this is; it shows that predestination is at work in us. As God’s children, our lives have been prearranged; we’re acting out a script written by the best and greatest Scriptwriter of all time—the Holy Spirit.

It reminds of the words of Jesus referenced in Hebrews 10:7; He said, “…Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.” His day-to-day life when He walked the earth was a fulfilment of that which was written concerning Him before the world began. In many places in the Scriptures, referring to Jesus, you’d find statements such as, “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the Prophet.” Jesus acted out the script that was already written about Him. It’s the same with us today.

Everything that happens to you, whether good or bad, isn’t an accident; there’s nothing happening to you today that’s a surprise to God. He fashioned all things to work out together for your good (Romans 8:28). As read in our theme verse, your path has been prepared ahead of time. There’s neither defeat nor failure in that script. And the script isn’t going to change.

Yours is to simply play your role, and not try to rewrite the script. Don’t try to make God “do” something; He’s already done everything and given you everything you require for an excellent life. That’s what the script (His Word) shows. Live your life according to the script. Accept and declare what He’s said concerning you and you’d live a glorious and excellent life of purpose.

CONFESSION
I know who I am. I’m full of God by the Holy Spirit, doing the works which He planned for me ahead of time. I’m walking in His predestined path for me and in that path, there’s health, abundance, perpetual victory and perfection of all that concerns me. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: ||

|| 1 Peter 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: ||

||Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 9:32-43
Ezra 1-3

2 Corinthians 7:1-8
Isaiah 8
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:26am On Jun 22, 2020
MONEY IS A DECEPTION .

Monday, June 22nd . 2020
Pastor Chris

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).

Money is a deception and a distraction in the world. Not many realise this, but it’s the truth. When God made this world, there was no such thing as money. Money was an evolution; the world didn’t start out with money. But today, we act like money “fell” from heaven and God said, “Thou must use money.” But it’s not so.

Here’s how you can easily understand this deception: when you deposit money in the bank, you’re aware that there’s no special store created to store the money, with your name on every bill. Where then is all the money that the bank is keeping for you? They only have a record against your name in figures as proof that you have money there. That should tell you something: money is an illusion; it exists only in the mind of the poor.

Your real quality and value have nothing to do with the bills in your pocket or safe-deposit box. If you can build, not your bank accounts, but your mind and your heart—the quality of your personality—it’ll control how much money responds to you.

Take your mind beyond money and focus on God’s purpose. His purpose for your life is that no matter what happens to the financial systems and operations of the world, you’ll always win. You’re bigger than inflation and the economy of the nation where you live. You’re bigger than this world! You’re the seed of Abraham, meaning you own the world. Believe this and you’d be free from the power and intimidation of money.

Your dream in life shouldn’t be where to get money or how to get money. The first and most vital element is your mind. Put it to work, and money will respond to you always.

CONFESSION
I rule and reign in this life, independent of the financial systems of this world. I’m fulfilling God’s purpose and plan for my life, walking in paths that He’s arranged for me. He’s made all things I require for life and godliness available to me, and I celebrate the grace of prosperity and abundance that I enjoy as the seed of Abraham. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. ||

|| 1 Timothy 6:10-11 AMPC For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many [a]acute [mental] pangs. 11 But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart. ||

|| Matthew 6:19-20 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 10:1-23
Ezra 4-6

2 Corinthians 7:9-16
Isaiah 9
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:41am On Jun 23, 2020
REFUSE THE “INADEQUACY SYNDROME” .

Tuesday, June 23rd . 2020
Pastor Chris

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

There’s so much “inadequacy syndrome” amongst many in the Church, and it has lasted so long that it now looks and sounds normal. For example, you hear such statements as, “Fill me, Lord; I’m hungry for you!” They think that the more they cry about their hunger for God, the quicker He’d respond to them. But such declarations aren’t consistent with the Word, with who we are and what we have in Christ.

Think for a moment: how much more of Him do you want, when He lives in you in His fullness? You’re in the Father, and the Father is in you. Become fully conscious of this reality. Quit trying to reach out to Him or acting like a stranger and a foreigner; you’re one with Him. Hallelujah! The problem with many is their ignorance of the Word.

The Bible says, CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27). It isn’t a part or an aspect of Him that lives in you; it’s the totality of His person! You’re full of Him. The Bible says you’re the temple of the Holy Spirit; you’re God’s house, His living tabernacle. God isn’t more in heaven than He is in you; you better believe this, for it’ll get rid of the dependency and inadequacy syndrome.

It’s a mistake to think the more we confess our weakness, the greater He is in us. No, don’t talk against the Word. Your confession of inadequacy destroys your faith and your effectiveness in Christ, and it’s contrary to everything that Jesus came to do for you. For example, how could anyone read what we have in our theme verse and still pray, “Oh Lord, help me to overcome”? Or like some would say, “We shall overcome someday.”

The Word says you’ve overcome; notice it’s in past tense; it’s not a promise, but a done deal; a present-hour reality. Your confession, irrespective of how you feel or what’s happening around you, should, and must be, what the Word says concerning you. Don’t confess your feelings of inadequacy; confess the Word.

CONFESSION
I am in the Father and the Father is in me and I’m conscious of this reality. Everywhere I go, I go in and with the Father who lives permanently in me. I’m His divine headquarters; in Him I live and move, and have my being; the world is subdued before me. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: ||

|| Colossians 1:26-27 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: ||

|| John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 10:24-48
Ezra 7-8

2 Corinthians 8:1-8
Isaiah 10
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:53am On Jun 24, 2020
SERVICE THROUGH THE SPIRIT .

Wednesday, June 24th . 2020
Pastor Chris

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son… (Romans 1:9).

Oftentimes, when the Lord gives you a responsibility or an assignment to carry out for Him, it’s usually not because you’re an expert. He gives you that assignment and expects you to be diligent. He expects you to put in your best, but the most important of all is that He expects you to do it by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No assignment in the house of God should be carried out by people who are not full of the Holy Spirit. This is because there’s nothing you can do for God that’ll be acceptable to Him without the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 9:14 tells us that Jesus offered Himself as a sacrifice, through the Holy Spirit. It’s always been so with God.

Even in the Old Testament, when the Lord wanted Aaron’s garment (the Priest’s garment) to be made, just because the design was given by God, Moses had to get only those whom the Lord had filled with the Spirit to get the job done (Exodus 28:3). Think about it: He would only allow His priests wear clothes that were made by Spirit-filled individuals! Likewise, craftsmen that were to work in the tabernacle had to be filled with the Spirit to do the work.

On one occasion, the Lord said to Moses, “Get seventy leaders of the children of Israel, so they can assist you with the work.” Then God said, “I’ll take of the Spirit that’s upon you and put upon them” (Numbers 11:16-17). In other words, without the Spirit, He wasn’t going to let them do the work. That’s how important being filled with the Spirit for service is in the house of God.

It makes no difference the capacity in which you serve in church; perhaps, you’re a worship leader or music minister, an usher, a cell leader, outreach fellowship coordinator, a pastoral staff, or your role is cleaning the pews and opening the doors to the auditorium; it must be done through the Spirit.

This is where fellowship with the Spirit is so important. Before you set out to do anything, get filled with the Spirit; spend time in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and He’ll guide you on how to do God’s things, God’s way, so your service would be accepted of Him.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to serve in your Kingdom. I yield myself to the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit at all times, for the purification and sanctification of all that I do in service to you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; ||

|| Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. ||

|| Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 11:1-18
Ezra 9-10

2 Corinthians 8:9-17
Isaiah 11-12
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:06am On Jun 25, 2020
Rhapsody of Realities 25 June 2020 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (Christ Embassy).

Topic : Let Nothing Dissipate Your Zeal.

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me… (1 Corinthians 9:16).

Many years back, I had some friends who were also in ministry.

Though they loved the Lord, they were a little troubled by what they called my “extremes,” because I was always up and about for the Gospel.

I was holding crusades in villages, in schools, organizing several programmes and seminars in churches; I was always on the go for the Gospel.

They thought somewhere along the line, I’d find that my extreme positions and actions were misdirected, and I’d learn my lesson and come down to their level.

But the years have come and gone, and I’ve had no regrets serving the Lord that way.

Had I not understood the Scriptures, I’d probably have tried to be “moderate” in my service to the Lord, to satisfy such people; and the impact we’re making today wouldn’t have been there.

Many have been dissuaded like that; so, be different.

Remain focused. Serve the Lord with undivided attention.

When you catch the vision to stand out from among your peers, in your passion for and sponsorship of the Gospel of Christ, stay focused.

That’s the way. Be like Paul; commit to the Gospel as though it rested on you alone to evangelize the whole world! When you do, the grace of God is released upon you to achieve His dream.

Remember, it’s His work; He’s the One seeking to do it through you.

You’re just His “suit”; He’s the One inside, talking through you, looking through your eyes, working through your hands.

He said in 2 Corinthians 6:16: “…I will dwell in them, and walk in them….” Hallelujah!

All He wants is for you to say, “Yes, Lord! I’m ready.” Then He’ll take over and fulfil His purpose through you.

Keep your passion for the Gospel everburning; refuse to allow anything or anyone dissipate your zeal for the Lord and His work.

PRAYER:

Blessed Father, you’ve called and ordained me to be a package of blessings to my world as I take the Gospel of the Kingdom to the ends of the earth.

Your divine power works in me mightily, causing me to be steadfast, unmoveable, and always abounding in the work of leading people to Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Corinthians 15:58; Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Romans 12:11 AMPC; Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord.

John 4:34 AMPC; Jesus said to them, My food (nourishment) is to do the will (pleasure) of Him Who sent Me and to accomplish and completely finish His work.

Acts 11:19-30 & Nehemiah 1-3

2 Corinthians 8:18-24 & Isaiah 13
Rhapsody of Realities 25th June 2020 Devotional was written by Pastor Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D.). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l.
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:14am On Jun 26, 2020
THERE’S ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE .

Friday, June 26th . 2020
Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

In the world today, it’s obvious that there’re lots more poor people than there are rich people. But according to God’s plan, purpose, principles, and according to the Bible, this world was designed to have more rich people than poor people. Most of the world has never known this truth, but that was God’s plan from the beginning. His Word shows us that there’s more than enough for everybody in this world!

Read our opening verse again; it says God’s Word is able to deliver your inheritance into your hands. The Word doesn’t discriminate. Act on it, and it’ll produce results in you and for you. There’s an inheritance for you in Christ Jesus. It makes no difference that you were born in the most squalid region of the earth, with the poorest forebears; in Christ, no one is poor.

Even if you were poor and you came to Christ, the Bible says, “He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory…” (1 Samuel 2:cool. Where are you in your life today? The Word of God can bring you an actual transmutation, a change of state, a change of quality and a change of character; a real transformation. That’s the way God accomplishes His purpose in us; it’s through His Word.

You can literally take the Word of God, meditate on it and begin a process of change for yourself, and determine how far you’re going to go in life. It doesn’t matter where you grew up; it doesn’t matter what obtains in the country where you live; the Word of God can deliver to you your inheritance in Christ.

CONFESSION
The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, and I’m an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. Therefore, the world is mine! The Lord has set my feet upon the rock to stay, for I’m seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above poverty, lack and the economics of this world. I’m in my place of inheritance in Christ Jesus, where I prosper continually. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. ||

|| Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 9:8 AMPC And God is able to make all grace (every favor and [a]earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need [b]be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 12:1-25
Nehemiah 4-6

2 Corinthians 9:1-10
Isaiah 14
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2020
TO BLESS IS TO GIVE THANKS .

Saturday, June 27th . 2020
Pastor Chris

Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? (1 Corinthians 14:16).

Generally, to bless means to invoke the power of God into something or into one’s life, resulting in promotion, increase, furtherance, strength, etc. But there’s another aspect of blessing. For instance, the Bible talks about us blessing the Lord; how do you bless Him? And when we say, “Bless your work,” how do you do it? Also, our theme verse talks about blessing in the spirit; that is, blessing in other tongues; how do you do that?

But then, reading the concluding part of the verse gives us a clue: it says, “How does the one who doesn’t understand what you’re saying, say “Amen” at your giving of thanks?” He equates “blessing” to “giving of thanks.” In Matthew 26:26, the Bible says, “And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it….” How did Jesus bless the bread?

The Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, explained it in 1 Corinthians 11:23-24 which says, “For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it….” Matthew said Jesus took bread and blessed it; then Paul gets the revelation and tells us exactly how Jesus did it: it was by giving thanks.

This lets you know how to bless your food when next you’re at the table for a meal. It’s not by saying, “Oh God, bless this food for Christ’s sake”; it’s by giving Him thanks for the food. That’s how Jesus blessed the bread. Likewise, when we say, “Let’s bless the Lord,” it means to give Him thanks; you’re thanking Him for who He is, for what He’s done in your life and for all His mighty works. This is what you should do always.

When you learn to thank or bless God for something, you receive a wholeness of whatever it is you’re thanking Him for, because thanksgiving brings about wholeness. Glory to His Name forever.

PRAYER
Blessed Father, you’re so gracious and kind! I give you praise and thanks for your presence in my life and for your mighty hand of blessing that rests upon me. I acknowledge your grace, mercy, wisdom and power by which I live triumphantly today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ||

|| Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. ||

|| Psalm 107:1 O give thanks unto the LORD, for [he is] good: for his mercy [endureth] for ever. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 13:1-12
Nehemiah 7-8

2 Corinthians 9:11-15
Isaiah 15-16
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:04am On Jun 28, 2020
EVER FRUITFUL…EVER BLESSED .

Sunday, June 28th . 2020
Pastor Chris

And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection (Luke 8:14).

The word “perfection” in the scripture above, which is from the Greek, “telesphoreō” is a compound word, and it appears in only that verse of the Bible. It means to bring to fruition; to come to a ripened state; to come to a mature state where it triggers a result.

Incidentally, the verse above actually refers to someone who didn’t bring fruits unto perfection. But it gives us God’s plan, His idea, which is the fact that He wants us to be ever fruitful and productive—bringing our fruits to perfection.

There’re lots of people who start something and never finish. They’re always stopping in the middle of something; they just never get through. They always have a story to tell as to why they didn’t finish. Their projects are aborted, and processes truncated. But your story is different. You’re a fruitful vine, bearing fruits, and carrying your projects to perfection. Whatever it is that you do, the Spirit of God is at work in you to bring it to fruition. Affirm this about you always. As you walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, there’ll be no aborting of your ideas or even of physical pregnancy. This is your heritage as a child of God.

Another beautiful thing about this is that you produce fruits in and out of season. You’re ever fruitful and productive, “…standing firm like a flourishing tree planted by God’s design, deeply rooted by the brooks of bliss, bearing fruit in every season…never dry, never fainting, ever blessed, ever prosperous” (Psalm 1:3 TPT). What a life! Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me a life of ever-increasing glory; a life of blessings evermore and consistent productivity. There’s no abortion of my plans, projects and dreams; I carry them to fruition, producing results to perfection, by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ: ||

|| Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ||

|| Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 13:13-52
Nehemiah 9-10

2 Corinthians 10:1-7
Isaiah 17
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2020
HOLD ON TO THE WORD .

Tuesday, June 30th . 2020
Pastor Chris

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts (2 Peter 1:19).

As God’s children, we’re not trying to win in life; whatever trouble comes to us isn’t “Live”; we’re only acting out a script. In that script, it’s written that you won. You’re only going to have a problem if you don’t follow the script. The script is God’s Word.

It doesn’t matter what comes at you when you follow the script—the Word—you’d boldly declare, “Nay, in all these things I’m more than a conqueror!” You’ll always be unmoved. Why? You already have the sure word of prophecy that no matter your experiences, the Word is more dependable!

Read our theme verse again; it reveals the secret of keeping afloat, the secret of winning continually, growing always and ever making progress. No matter who you are, no matter what your experiences may have been, it says, “Take heed to the Word of God as a light that shines in a dark place.”

Let’s suppose you’re currently in a dark place in your life and your experiences are so terrible; everything seems to be completely against your knowledge of the Word of God. You’re praying and it’s like nothing is changing; God says, “Look at that word of prophecy which may be like a flicker of light, and hold on to it! Hang in there, unwavering, until the day dawns, and the day star arises in your heart.” Hallelujah!

As you hold on to the Word, you’d hear the voice of the Spirit telling you, “Relax, everything is all right.” Hallelujah! In that seemingly dark place, God’s Word is there; the challenge came to pass. Therefore, refuse to give up or be dismayed.

CONFESSION
I have a more sure word of prophecy with which I make war and subdue circumstances. I’m unperturbed by the circumstances of life because I have the secret of keeping afloat; the secret of continually winning, growing always, making progress and never going down. Whatever comes against me, the Word is my confidence and advantage. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. ||

|| Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. ||

|| 1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 15:1-21
Esther 1-4

2 Corinthians 11:1-9
Isaiah 19
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:22am On Jul 01, 2020
BAPTISED INTO CHRIST..

Wednesday, 1st July 2020
Pastor Chris

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-4).

It’s important for us to understand what’s meant by the statement “…baptized into Jesus Christ…” in the scripture above. It’s different from dipping someone into water for a baptism. Water baptism is symbolic: when you’re dipped into water in baptism, you’re declaring that you’ve identified with the Lord in His vicarious death and burial. You’re brought out of the water in likeness of His resurrection.

The subject in Romans 6 isn’t water baptism. It’s the immersion of the believer into Christ, upon his proclamation of His Lordship and faith in His resurrection. In 2 Corinthians 5:17, Paul the Apostle uses the term “in Christ” when he declares: “...if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature....” You become one with Him! God sees you in Jesus Christ. When we say we’re in Christ, it’s not like having something inside a container; rather, it means we’re inseparably united with Him, joined with Him in one Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17).

Ephesians 5:30 says, “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.” Jesus said, “I am the vine, ye are the branches...” (John 15:5), meaning that we’re of the same stock with Him. You’ve become the expression of Christ. This is how you should and must think. 1 Corinthians 12:13 says, “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body…”; that body is Christ.

Now that you’ve been baptised into Jesus Christ, the Bible says to walk accordingly; “…walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). Walk bold. Be absolutely fearless, knowing that you and Christ are one. With Him, you’re indomitable—ever making progress. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m inseparably one with Christ, for in Him I live, move and have my being! I’m the embodiment and expression of His glory and divinity. My inseparable oneness with Him makes me supernatural, impregnable to sickness, disease and infirmity. No matter what comes my way, I’m bold and fearless! Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. ||

|| Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 15:22-35
Esther 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
2 Corinthians 11:10-33
Isaiah 20
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:43am On Jul 02, 2020
GROWING IN CHRIST .

Thursday, July 2nd . 2020
Pastor Chris

And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24).

Our opening verse leaves no grey area: if you belong to Christ, you’ve crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Why then are some Christians still struggling, trying to crucify the flesh? It’s because Satan has lied to them and they believe it, due to their own ignorance of God’s Word.

Satan may taunt you by saying, “If you were a real Christian, you wouldn’t have told a lie yesterday!” That shouldn’t immediately wane your confidence and dissipate your faith and enthusiasm to serve the Lord. Remember who Satan is—a liar and the father of lies. He’s a deceiver and the accuser of God’s people (Revelation 12:10).

If your hands were lifted in worship to the Lord, and Satan suddenly reminded you of something you did wrong, don’t suddenly drop them and start crying, feeling sorry for yourself. Rather, worship even more and say, “Father, thank you for your love and the blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses me from all unrighteousness.”

Never allow Satan deceive you into thinking you’re not a real Christian because of something you did wrong. If you’re born again, you’re a real Christian. What the Word of God says is that you live out the nature of God that’s inside you. Walk in the Spirit and in righteousness. Live according to God’s Word, because that’s your life.

Every so often, say to yourself, “I’m of the Spirit and I’m ruled and guided by the Word.” Study and stay in God’s Word and you’ll live above the deceptions, manoeuvres and manipulations of Satan. The more you study, listen to, and meditate on the Word, the more you walk as the Word admonishes. This is because the Word has the power to produce in you what it talks about.

Through the ministry of the Word, you’re strengthened, encouraged, your faith is stirred and you grow steadily in Christ. The more you grow in the Lord, in grace and knowledge of His Word, the less of sin you’ll find in your life; for sin shall not have dominion over you (Romans 6:14).

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word which is profitable to me for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, causing me to grow spiritually and my faith to be stirred unto good works. I’m rooted and established in the Word, displaying the virtues and perfections of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. ||

|| Galatians 5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 15:36-16:1-15
Esther 8-10

2 Corinthians 12:1-10
Isaiah 21
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:38am On Jul 03, 2020
HIS LIGHT IN YOUR HEART .

Friday, July 3rd . 2020
Pastor Chris

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6).

In Habakkuk 2:14, the Bible says, “For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea”; and our opening scripture says, “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts….” His light is in your heart. Then it continues further to state why that light is in your heart: “…to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”

The foregoing clearly shows how the knowledge of the glory of God will cover the earth. This knowledge comes through knowing Jesus Christ, and is given through us who have received His light. Jesus, in His prayer to the Father, said, “…thy word is truth” (John 17:17). In John 1:9, He said, “That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.” His Word is the true light. So, when it says, “God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts,” it’s telling us that we now carry that light of God’s Word in us.

This means that the more of the knowledge of God you have, the brighter your light shines. The less of Him you know, the less of His light you exude. This is why it’s imperative that you take the ministry of the Word very seriously in your personal life. Through studying and meditating on the Word, more glory is added to your life and you keep glowing with His righteousness.

God’s plan wasn’t for man to grow, get old and die; that was the result of the curse. But Jesus brought the blessing. He brought immortality (2 Timothy 1:10), which is unveiled through the knowledge of God in Christ. Moreover, through that knowledge, you’re rejuvenated, refreshed and renewed.

PRAYER
Righteous Father, I thank you for your Word is the light with which I navigate my way through life. As I increase in the knowledge of your Word and meditate therein, my faith is stirred and I’m projected by the Spirit in the upward and forward life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Matthew 5:15-16 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. ||

|| Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. ||

|| Psalm 119:105 NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 16:16-40
Job 1-2

2 Corinthians 12:11-21
Isaiah 22
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2020
VICTORY OVER DEVILS .

Saturday, July 4th . 2020
Pastor Chris

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12).

There’re people who’d like to convince themselves that demons aren’t real, they are mere figments of our imagination. But they’re wrong! Demons are real and oftentimes, Satan, who thrives on the ignorance of many, proliferates the deception that he doesn’t exist. But our theme verse tells us that we wrestle against “…principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” These are evil spirits.

Until their appointed time of judgment, Satan and his demons are going to do everything they can to get at you, to destroy your work and try to frustrate you. But have no fear; they’re not a factor. In Christ, you have the victory over Satan and the cohorts of darkness. They are mere rebels, running rampage and trying to wreak havoc and bring frustrations to those who let them. This is why you must know and stay in the Word and maintain your victory in Christ. The Bible says to resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7). How do you resist the devil? With the Word!

It makes no difference if it’s a health condition that can’t be medically explained, or issues with your job, business or family; affirm the Word! Ephesians 6:13 says, “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in THE EVIL DAY, and having done all, to stand.” The evil day is when Satan throws his darts at you. It’s the day of crisis; the day when you’re the target of the adversary. That evil day will come, and it doesn’t come only once. But as long as you’re in the Word—fully dressed with the whole armour of God—you’ll always be victorious!

You live and function in the Kingdom of light where Satan has no chance. You live in the victory and authority of Jesus Christ. You have something that the devils can’t withstand—the Name of Jesus. Use it, and triumph gloriously, always!

CONFESSION
I live and function in the Kingdom of light, with authority over Satan and the cohorts of darkness. No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper. I live in the victory and authority of Jesus Christ, and my faith is a weapon of defence against the fiery darts of the wicked; an instrument of victory over and against the adversary and adversities. I live triumphantly in Christ, every day. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Luke 10:17-19 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. ||

|| James 4:7 AMPC So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you. ||

|| Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto [him] his twelve disciples, he gave them power [against] unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 17:1-15
Job 3-5

2 Corinthians 13:1-6
Isaiah 23-24
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:08am On Jul 06, 2020
CHRIST: THE STANDARD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Monday, July 6th 2020
Pastor Chris

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1).

1 John 3:9 says, “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin….” Some have misunderstood this and ran off with the wrong idea that whatever they do is right, because as Christians, they can’t sin. Yes, for the Christian, sin isn’t compulsory, but we don’t judge righteousness by what a Christian does; we judge righteousness by the light of Christ and His Word.

The Bible talks about walking in the light as He is in the light (1 John 1:7). How consistent are your actions with the rightness of God? That’s how you know what’s right from what’s wrong. If you declare that whatever you do is right, that makes you the standard of rightness and of righteousness. But you’re not the standard of righteousness.

For example, we read in 1 Corinthians 2:16 that “…we have the mind of Christ”; this doesn’t mean every thought of your heart, therefore, is always right. Yes, we have the rightness of God, but He tells us in Romans 12:2, “Be not conformed to this world, but be transfigured by the renewing of your mind.” Even though you’re born again, your mind still needs to be renewed.

Let’s look at our theme verse again; it says, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not….” If it weren’t possible for you to sin, He wouldn’t have said “I’m writing this to you so that you don’t sin.” But at the same time, He lets you know sin isn’t compulsory; you don’t have to sin. That’s the reason for the very next statement: “If any man sin”; instead of “When any man sins.” He creates a balance.

Don’t go from one extreme of “Sin is compulsory as long as we’re in this flesh” to the other extreme of “Whatever I do is right”; no! Your actions, thoughts, behaviour, responses and reactions must be consistent with the Word of God, with the righteousness of Christ, for He is the standard of righteousness. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your grace and the power of your righteousness at work in me! I live free from sin and sin-consciousness, producing fruits of righteousness and good works, manifesting the love of Christ today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? ||

|| 1 John 2:29 AMPC If you know (perceive and are sure) that He [Christ] is [absolutely] righteous [conforming to the Father’s will in purpose, thought, and action], you may also know (be sure) that everyone who does righteously [and is therefore in like manner conformed to the divine will] is born (begotten) of Him [God]. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 18:1-23 & Job 9-11

Galatians 1:1-9
Isaiah 26
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:15am On Jul 07, 2020
GIVE NO PLACE TO SATAN

Tuesday, July 7th . 2020
Pastor Chris

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me (John 14:30).

Demon spirits, if given a chance or a foothold, could harass, influence and even torment a Christian. Paul the Apostle enjoins us, “Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him]” (Ephesians 4:27 AMPC).

Take for example some Christians who experience what seems like a nightmare, but actually more real an experience than a dream. In some cases, it could be an experience with some beastly figures. The person may be praying about these things, yet the situation lingers.

Oftentimes, it’s because Satan tries to maintain a connection between him and such individuals by sowing something in their hearts, such as a thought—an unclean thought. As long as such folks harbour and nurture those thoughts from Satan, a connection is established. So, even when they scare him off with the Name of Jesus, as long as his thoughts remain in their hearts, he maintains his connection and keeps coming back.

Sometimes, it could be fear. He plants fear and with that connection he keeps coming back. When you pray and rebuke him, because of what he’s kept in you which you’re helping him preserve without realising it, he keeps coming back. This is why, like Jesus, you must have nothing of Satan in you. He (Jesus) said in our theme verse, “…for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.”

Keep your heart free from anything that’s of the devil. Refuse to harbour fear, anger, grudge, bitterness and unforgiveness. Let love rule in your heart. Never allow fear to take a hold of you, irrespective of the happenings around you. Jesus said, “...I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven” (Luke 10:18). Never be afraid of him, for he’s a defeated foe, and has no authority over you.

CONFESSION
I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, and I have the light of life. There’s nothing of darkness in me. Through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by which I’m constantly cleansed and purified, Satan has no place in me. He has nothing in my life and I rule over him, in the Name of the Lord Jesus! Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 4:27 AMPC Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him]. ||

|| James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. ||

|| 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 18:24-19:1-7
Job 12-14

Galatians 1:10-17
Isaiah 27
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2020
HE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE .

Wednesday, July 8th . 2020
Pastor Chris

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

A certain man had a shop in a rural area. At a point, he wanted to move to the city, like his friends had done. But one day, while he was praying, he heard the Lord say to him, “Stay here.” So, he stayed. Two years later, the government signed a contract to expand the road in the area.

The road was constructed and expanded and a new settlement with expatriates was established in the area. His shop became the strategic corner shop for everyone in the neighbourhood. Suddenly, his business boomed, being the only shop in the area. Soon enough, what used to be located in the torn-up street and sidewalk became a major department store where everybody transacted business. Most of his friends who had relocated to the city started coming back, but he already had the major share of the market. A few years later, he had expanded to a chain of major stores.

It doesn’t matter where you are, God knows you’re there and will channel His grace towards you as long as you stay in His Word. Our theme verse says it’s “...Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” Where He tells you to stay is where you should be. He told Isaac to remain in Gerar even though others were relocating due to famine. The Bible says, “And Isaac dwelt in Gerar” (Genesis 26:6). He was in God’s place, in God’s time, for God’s purpose, in God’s way.

Read the result of Isaac’s obedience in the 12th verse: “Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.” The man heard from God and it changed the course of his life. It’s called the blessing of God! Don’t move jobs or change business just because you think the field or pasture is greener on the other side. Hear from God. Be directed by the Holy Spirit. That’s the way of true success and progress from glory to glory.

PRAYER
Righteous Father, I thank you for the guidance of your Word and leading of your Spirit in my life. You guide me continually, satisfy my soul in drought and make fat my bones. I walk in your instructions and principles, fulfilling my purpose and manifesting greatness, prosperity, success and victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. ||

|| Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ||

|| Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This [is] the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 19:8-41
Job 15-18

Galatians 1:18-2:1-2
Isaiah 28
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2020
SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE SPIRIT .

Thursday, July 9th . 2020
Pastor Chris

But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame (1 Corinthians 1:27 CEV).

God’s Word is so simple. His instructions may sound or seem trifling, but when carried out, they always produce the supernatural. Imagine that while in Church on a service day the Pastor says, “Tell three people, ‘I’m blessed and victorious.’” You might say to yourself, “I don’t have to do that.” Why? It sounds too simple to mean anything. But that’s where many have missed it. Our theme verse says God confounds the mighty with simple, little things.

Think about this: when God delivered the children of Israel from the hands of their oppressors, the Egyptians, He didn’t lead them on the road that made the most sense. The Bible says, “Instead, he led them in a roundabout way through the desert toward the Red Sea…” (Exodus 13:18 GNB). Then, trapped between the Red sea and an invading army, Moses began to “pray” to God for intervention. But God interrupted him and said, “Lift up your rod and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it…” (Exodus 14:16 AMPC).

Consider the simple instruction given to Moses for a problem of such magnitude! It didn’t make “common sense.” How could stretching forth your rod over the sea make any difference at such a critical time? But it did! Moses obeyed the instruction, the sea parted and the children of Israel walked through on dry ground. Hallelujah! God is still that way today. He gives simple instructions.

Also see the example of the Master: He said to a man with a withered arm, “...Stretch forth thine hand…” (Matthew 12:13). How could the man stretch forth the same hand that was withered? He could have complained, “Sir, can’t you see it’s withered?” But he didn’t; rather, he acted on that simple instruction and the Bible says the hand “was restored whole, like as the other.”

An instruction from the Lord, however simple, is for your benefit. When you’re in church for example, a consciousness of the presence of the Holy Spirit is so important. When instructions are given, comply. God always seeks opportunities to bless and improve our lives from glory to glory and many of such blessings are packaged in simple instructions of the Spirit.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the counsel I receive from your Word. My heart is attentive to the instructions from your Word and the Holy Spirit. Your guidance puts me over circumstances and challenges of life, to lead me in the path of success, victory, excellence and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Proverbs 4:13 Take fast hold of instruction; let [her] not go: keep her; for she [is] thy life. ||

|| Proverbs 8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. ||

|| 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 20:1-16
Job 19-21

Galatians 2:3-12
Isaiah 29
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
LOOK BEYOND YOUR PAST .

Friday, July 10th . 2020
Pastor Chris

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing… (Isaiah 43:18-19).

Many gripe and grumble about their past, weighed down by the mistakes of yesterday, instead of looking at the future with the hope and opportunities it presents for greater success. It makes no difference what was said, done or written against you yesterday; see your bright and glorious future ahead. Focus on the present and the future.

Those who live in yesterday are often frustrated and can’t experience true joy. In your relationships, refuse to focus on the mistakes and misgivings of yesterday. There’s no beauty or glory in yesterday; therefore, refuse to live your life on the basis of yesterday’s experiences.

Someone may say, “Now that I have this new job, I don’t want what happened to me in the past to happen again. I’m going to be very careful.” Then, as a result of being too careful to avoid whatever negative experience they might have had in the past, their productivity falls short of their actual capacity. Their best is unseen and unheard because they’ve allowed their past experiences to guide their lives.

Let the Word of God, not your past experiences, guide you. Be inspired by the joy and inspiration of a better and more glorious tomorrow. Our theme verse says, “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old....” What’s that terrible experience that wouldn’t leave your mind? Let it go!

Neither the accomplishments nor failures of yesterday should make you a captive of your past. Rather, armed with the Word and with faith in your heart, apprehend the glorious future the Lord has ordained for you, and He’ll do new and greater things through you.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for renewing my mind through your Word and enlightening my spirit to see and walk in my glorious future. I refuse to be held back by yesterday’s experiences, for my path is as a shining light, shining brighter and brighter, for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. ||

|| Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 20:17-38
Job 22-24

Galatians 2:13-21
Isaiah 30
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2020
LIVE AS A CHRISTIAN .

Sunday, July 12th . 2020
Pastor Chris

Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God (1 John 3:9 NKJV).

To properly understand the verse of scripture above, you’ll have to study it in the right context. The purpose of that verse is actually in the 6th verse of the preceding chapter and it says, “...He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked” (1 John 2:6 NKJV). Notice it doesn’t say, “He who says he abides in Him walks just as He walked.” Rather, it says if you’re a Christian, you ought to walk (live) as a Christian; walk as He (Jesus) walked.

Now, Romans 8:6 tells us, “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” He’s teaching us here to walk in the Spirit. He says, “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh” (Galatians 5:16). These are all instructions and guidance given to us in the Word of God.

Romans 6:1-2 says, “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” No Christian is at liberty to do wrong. You were called to display righteousness; to walk in His rightness. The life that we have in Christ is sin-free. However, in your walk of faith, it’s possible to make mistakes; so, the Bible says, “…the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin” (1 John 1:7). He prepared for us automatic cleansing.

What He expects is that you yield yourself to the Word, to be taught, to be guided in righteousness. Through the Word, you’d discover that you’re cleansed from all unrighteousness (John 15:3), and have the capacity to live sin-free. Praise God!

PRAYER
Precious Father, I thank you for your grace and the power of your righteousness at work in me! I yield myself to the Word, to be taught, to be guided in righteousness. Sin has no dominion over me. I have the rightness of God in my spirit and it’s expressed in my thoughts, words and actions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. ||

|| 1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: ||

|| 1 John 2:28-29 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 21:17-36
Job 29-31

Galatians 3:13-22
Isaiah 32
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:31am On Jul 16, 2020
RECKON YOURSELF ALIVE IN HIM .

Thursday, July 16th . 2020
Pastor Chris

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:10-11).

The word “reckon” in the scripture above is “logizomai” in Greek. It’s an accounting term. It means to count or record something to be so; to record or number with the sum. For instance, Mark 15:28 says Jesus was “numbered” (reckoned) with the transgressors. Jesus wasn’t a transgressor, yet He died between two thieves. He was numbered with the transgressors.

Now, the Bible says, “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). When Jesus died, we died in and with Him, because He died in our place. He was on the Cross on behalf of everybody that ever came to this world and that’ll ever come to this world.

That’s what our theme verse is talking about when it says, “...Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Therefore, you can now declare, “I’m dead to sin, and I’m alive to God!” This should be your constant confession of the Word. You may not feel like you’re close to God, but the question is, are you born again? If yes, then take it to account, reckon that all that Jesus did was for you.

Instead of saying, “I’m so weak; I’m not able to resist temptation like some other Christians,” reckon or consider yourself to be dead to sin! Don’t think, talk or act like someone who’s struggling with sin. Change your way of thinking and accept what Jesus did in your behalf. This consciousness will empower you to live right!

Use your mind! Reckon yourself to be dead to sin. Let it be your present-hour mentality. That’s the practical way to be in sync with how God sees you and how He thinks about you. You were in Christ when He died, you were in Him when He was buried, and you were in Him when He was raised from the dead. He sees you alive in Him now. Praise God.

CONFESSION
I’m alive to God, and I belong in the Kingdom of His dear Son where I reign and rule by the power of the Spirit! I walk in the finished works of Christ, being the direct beneficiary of His vicarious sacrifice. I’m strong, because He’s strong! And I live because He lives! Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 2:1 And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; ||

|| Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. ||

|| Romans 6:10-11 NIV The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. 11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 24:1-27
Psalms 1-6

Galatians 4:21-31
Isaiah 36
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:21am On Jul 17, 2020
THE WORD IS FOOD INDEED .

Friday, July 17th . 2020
Pastor Chris

For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed (John 6:55 NKJV).

There are some who still cry to God to fill them afresh, to satisfy their spiritual thirst or hunger. It’s a baseless cry and may yield no results. He knew we were hungry and He sent the Bread from heaven. Today, any Christian who’s begging and crying to God to be filled is wasting his or her time.

When Jesus said, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6), He was only introducing the message that He brought to the Jews; the New Testament hadn’t begun yet. He wasn’t talking to the Christian, the new creation.

In John 6:35, He said, “...I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” That bread is available to anyone who comes to Him. The question then is: have you come to Him? If you’re born again, yes! You’re in Him through the New Birth; so why are you still hungry? The Bread has come; Jesus is the Bread from heaven (John 6:41).

Also, from our theme verse, we read that His Word is the Bread, because Jesus and His Word are one. John 1:14 says, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us….” So, if you’re experiencing spiritual hunger, what should you do? How do you get filled? “Eat” the Word; get under the ministry of the Word of God. Even now, as the Word of God is coming to you through this devotional, you’re being fed; you’re being nourished spiritually.

The Bible says, “...Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). Rather than sing and cry, “Lord, I’m hungry for you,” study the Scriptures, for only the Word of God satisfies your hunger. Now you can understand why the prophet said, “Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts” (Jeremiah 15:16).

CONFESSION
My hunger has been quenched through the Word of Christ which dwells in me richly in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. My life is upward and forward only; I’m fruitful in every good work as I increase in the knowledge of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. ||

|| Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ||

|| 1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 25:1-12
Psalms 7-10

Galatians 5:1-12
Isaiah 37
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:39am On Jul 18, 2020
CONQUER YOURSELF .

Saturday, July 18th . 2020
Pastor Chris

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? (Mark 8:36-37).

Throughout history, there have been hundreds of well-known leaders who subdued other men. The whole world was subject to them; they had everything under their tyranny. Some were even so revered and placed by others in the class of God. But Jesus said, “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” (Mark 8:36-37).

Never pride yourself in your ability to subdue or dominate others; rather, learn to use your authority over yourself. Conquer yourself! That’s when you really win: when you say to yourself, “I’m going to do the right thing and say the right thing only,” and keep at it.

When your words and actions are under your charge, consciously subjected to God’s Word, then you’re ready for true success. When you tell yourself, “Nothing filthy will come out of me” and consciously ensure such a lifestyle through the Word, that’s the way of victory.

Refuse to give vent or expression to satanic manifestations such as anger, hatred, bitterness, jealousy and envy. Be sure that only the blessings, grace and compassion of Jesus are seen and experienced by everyone around you. Make the choice that only His love and works of righteousness will effuse from you to your world.

PRAYER
Blessed Father, I thank you for the blessing and privilege to receive your Word. My mind is stayed on your Word; the Spirit of excellence at work in me brings discipline and stability into my life, to produce fruits of righteousness and manifest your love, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. ||

|| Proverbs 25:28 AMPC He who has no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down and without walls. ||

|| Proverbs 16:32 CEV Controlling your temper is better than being a hero who captures a city. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 25:13-26:1
Psalms 11-16

Galatians 5:13-19
Isaiah 38
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:31am On Jul 19, 2020
BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE PAINS OF OTHERS .

Sunday, July 19th . 2020
Pastor Chris

Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ’s law (Galatians 6:2 MSG).

Years ago, as a teenager, I’d cry so hard in prayer, because of many in the world who didn’t know the Lord; the suffering humanity of sinners, the sick and the needy. I felt the burden and thought the responsibility to do something about the pain of broken people around the world rested on me. I’d wake up at night, praying with tears, because of the needy, the poor and the afflicted.

That motivated me to go from house to house, to hospitals, schools, and villages, preaching the Gospel, and I’m still at it today. Don’t shut your heart to the plight of suffering humanity. Too many people are going through so much. The suffering isn’t just the man who has lost his job; how about his children who probably can’t further their education as a result? Think about little children who may have lost both parents; how terrible life must be for them. Their future has turned bleak.

Many families are going through tough times because of a loved one who’s sick or has died; all these should get your attention to pray and increase your passion and speed for spreading the Gospel. If we can save more, there’d be less pain. Don’t be overly concerned about your situation that you forget what others are going through.

Your blessing is in blessing others. You’re lifted when you lift others. Therefore, explore every available and innovative means to reach out to those who are suffering and in pain. Don’t ignore their cries.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the wonderful works of salvation; thank you for the glorious Gospel of Christ through which life and immortality are unveiled. I’m committed to its spread around the world, and many are brought out of sin, poverty and affliction into the glorious life in Christ. Your Word is growing and prevailing in nations of the world, delivering men and women into their inheritance in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Galatians 6:10 AMPC So then, as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good [[i]morally] to all people [not only [j]being useful or profitable to them, but also doing what is for their spiritual good and advantage]. Be mindful to be a blessing, especially to those of the household of faith [those who belong to God’s family with you, the believers]. ||

|| 1 John 3:17 GNB If we are rich and see others in need, yet close our hearts against them, how can we claim that we love God? ||

|| Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 26:2-18
Psalms 17-18

Galatians 5:20-26
Isaiah 39
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2020
WISDOM AND DIRECTION FROM THE WORD .

Monday, July 20th . 2020
Pastor Chris

I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOETH, IT SHALL BE FOR EVER… (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

The Word of God can be applied to everything in life. The wisdom therein is all-encompassing. 2 Timothy 3:15 says the Scriptures are able to make you wise; wise unto salvation, causing the glory of God to be revealed in you. The more you study the Scriptures, the more refined and accurate your ideas will be: ideas for creativity, innovation, perfection, strategy, health and prosperity.

This is something many Jews in Israel understand and take advantage of; they take their ideas for arts, science, technology and even their military from the Holy Scriptures. They understand that God-inspired ideas are unfailing; hence their amazing victories and prosperity.

Your God-inspired ideas will survive and beat every obstacle and system of this world. When there’s a crash in the economy, for example, you’ll keep making progress, because you play from a higher realm; your ideas and strategies come from the wisdom of the Spirit, through the Word. Blessed be God!

Think about it: who would have thought that David, with a stone and a sling, would take out Goliath, the giant of Gath, the champion of the Philistines? (1 Samuel 17:50). How could anyone explain how Isaac dug and found water in the same arid place everyone else had abandoned? He acted on divine insight that came to him from the Lord.

He was about to relocate as a result of the drought, but God said, “Stay in this land and I’ll prosper you”; the same land where there was famine. He simply did what God asked him to do, and the Bible says he “...waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great” (Genesis 26:13). Don’t follow the world’s principles and ideas for success. Open your heart to the Holy Spirit and His Word for wisdom and the right ideas you need for a life of ever-increasing glory, success and prosperity.

CONFESSION
Every piece of information I require for my next level of success is accessible to me. I have an extraordinary amplitude of comprehension; I’m full of the wisdom of the Spirit, through the Word, and I make great things happen in my life and in the lives of others. I see the invisible and do the impossible, for my mind is anointed for extraordinary ideas for success. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Proverbs 2:6 AMPC For the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. ||

|| Ephesians 1:17-18 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, ||

|| Psalm 119:105 NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 26:19-32
Psalms 19-20

Galatians 6:1-9
Isaiah 40
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 6:51am On Jul 21, 2020
“CHRIST IN YOU” —THE ONE THING NEEDFUL .

Tuesday, July 21st . 2020
Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY (Colossians 1:27).

Some people lament how they’ve done everything they know to do, yet their lives are still at variance with the realities of God’s Word. They ask such questions as, “What more should I do to prosper?” “What more should I do to be healed?” They’re faced with these and other questions in their lives for which they seek answers.

Now, I’ve got something to tell you about this and it’s very important: One day, I was having this wonderful fellowship with the Lord about the amazing things that the prophets did in the Old Testament and the amazing abilities that He gave to His children. As I cogitated on these things, looking through the Scriptures, I pondered, “What does God want? What’s His plan? If we were to ask Him for anything, what should we ask for?”

Then, the Lord said to me, “Whatever good thing you could ever desire is nothing compared to the ‘one thing needful,’ which you already have: Christ in you!” Christ in you covers everything; it’s the biggest thing we got from God. Your recognition and acknowledgement of this truth will stop your hunger and desire for anything else; you’ll virtually find it foolish asking God for anything else.

If you can only accept that Christ has taken up His residence in the quarters of your heart, it’ll change your life. Everything that He gives, is in Him. Everything that He is, is in Him. Remember, the fullness of the Godhead—the totality of divinity—bodily dwells in Christ Jesus; and we’re complete in Him. If this is true, then what else do you want?

That’s why Paul said, “All things are yours”; the world is yours (1 Corinthians 3:21-22). Once you have this consciousness, the world becomes so small to you. Your boldness becomes so strong; you’ll have no fear of the future, no fear of darkness, failure or lack; because in Him, you have, and you’ve overcome all things; you’re more than a conqueror. Blessed be His Name forever!

CONFESSION
All things are mine. I have a healthy, prosperous, vibrant and successful life, for Christ has taken up His residence in the quarters of my heart. I have nothing to fear: no fear of the future; no fear of the dark; no fear of failure, because Christ in me is my assurance of a life of continuous triumph and eternal glory. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? ||

|| 1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. ||

|| Colossians 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 27:1-26
Psalms 21-22

Galatians 6:10-18
Isaiah 41
Re: 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. by yvelchstores(f): 7:10am On Jul 22, 2020
PRAYER STRENGTHENS YOU TO DO HIS WILL .

Wednesday, July 22nd . 2020
Pastor Chris

And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him (Luke 22:43).

One of the many benefits of prayer is that it strengthens you against unbelief, to do God’s will. Unbelief isn’t only about not demonstrating faith for what you want from God. Unbelief is also a refusal to act as God said we should act. Imagine that you’re unhappy about something and you want to take a certain action, and the Spirit says, “No need; let the matter go.” Yet, you go ahead with your decision; that’s unbelief.

Think about Moses in Numbers 20; God instructed him to speak to the rock and water would come out of the rock for the children of Israel to drink. But being angry at the people, Moses “struck” the rock twice, instead of “speaking” to the rock. The Lord was displeased and said to Moses and Aaron, “…BECAUSE YE BELIEVED ME NOT, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them” (Numbers 20:12). Moses’ disobedience was a result of unbelief; God said so.

Perhaps, if he had done as God instructed, he’d have been healed of the anger and frustration with the people. This is part of the reasons for prayer. In the place of prayer, you’re supposed to give up the consciousness of everything else and everybody else. When you’re in prayer, you give up offences, and humbly fellowship in God’s presence. Your spirit is calm from every disturbance or distraction. At that moment, you can yield to His love and direction.

Even if you had a lot of things you wanted to tell Him, sometimes He interrupts you; He starts talking before you talk. Suddenly, all the doubt, anger and frustration will disappear, and you’re strengthened. This happened with Jesus as He prayed during that moment of anguish; the Bible says, “…there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him” (Luke 22:43). In the place of prayer, He received strength to do the will of the Father.

So, pray more, especially in these last days. The more frequently you pray, the more you’re pulled by the Spirit’s mind, to His ways, strategy and direction. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your peace that garrisons my heart and mind. Thank you for the opportunity of fellowship with you in prayer and being strengthened to do your will, and live for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure. ||

|| Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. ||

|| Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 27:27-44
Psalms 23-25

Ephesians 1:1-14
Isaiah 42

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ARMED ROBBER IMPREGNATE MY WIFE,NO ABORTION CHANCE..what Can I Do ? / World’s Tallest Couple Recognized By Guinness World Records / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 267
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.