Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? (1582 Views)

What Are The Cheapest Holiday Destinations For A Nigerian Couple / 5 Must Visit Tourist Destinations In Nigeria / 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 13, 2020
The two things that make me happy are girls and travelling. And this influences my choices in deciding where to travel.
Here are my favourite holiday destinations and why:
Canada

Montreal - Montreal is a beautiful city located in eastern Canada. The French European influence can still be felt it the city with the stunning architecture and narrow streets. I took a three tour of the city with a moped bike I rented for $100.00 and was taken through the historical sights by a tour guide and we the ended ended at the top of Upper Mount Royal, which overlooks the beautiful city of Montreal.

Ottawa- Ottawa is the capital of Canada and where the laws that guide the nation are enacted. One thing you can't help but notice is how the beautiful women here. If your married it is best to avoid this place. The highlight of my trip was experiencing the nightlife in Ottawa, this city no doubt has one the most beautiful girls in the world and I can't help but wonder if that is the reason it was made capital of Canada.

Vancouver- This was the city I landed when I first got to Canada and spent 4 days here. Vancouver is consistently ranked as one of the most beautiful and expensive cities in the world. The average house price here is about a $1 million, even household where husband and wife are doctors are struggling to get into the real estate market here. Vancouver is city straight out of the movies, extremely beautiful and surrounded by mountains. The highlight of my trip was taking a boat tour of this beautiful city.

USA
Orlando- This was a trip I always dreamed on embarking on since I was a child. The reason 90% of people come here is because this is where Disneyland is located. I spent about a week here and got a 4 day pass to Disneyland.
The resort comprised of 4 theme parks and it takes about a day to explore all the ride and attractions in each park. This is location you need to add to your bucket list.

Miami- I was in Florida for a week and there is no way you can come to Florida without visiting Miami. I only had one free day left before my flight back home. So, I went down to Miami just for the day to take a quick tour of city and visit the world famous Miami Beach I had always seen in the movies and music video. This is the city home to many celebrities such as Rihanna,David Beckham,Diddy and many others who come here during the summer. I was able to take a boat tour for $30.00 of all their mansions which is on Star Island. It is when you realize how unfair this life is, some people live in extreme opulence, and while some people are born to suffer. This trip opened my eyes because I realized we live in the same reality who made something of their lives with the same 24 hours we left. I vowed when I get back home, I will strive to give my best and follow by dreams and not to ever think life revolved around the company or city where I work.

United Kingdom
London- I took a 3 hour ferry from Rotterdam, Netherland to the port in Liverpool. From there we took a train to London to the hotel we rented. One thing I noticed is how unclean London is when you go out of the central business district, The highlight of my trip was taking a bus tour of London and visiting the Museum of London

Netherlands
Amsterdam- The city consists of a network of canals and is consistently ranked as one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The common mode of transport here is by bike. The highlight of my trip was going to the Amsterdam zoo and going on a boat tour of the city.

Harderwijk - This is where Seaworld(Dolfinarium) is located and where you get to see the wonders of the sea such as Dolphins,Seals and Killer Whales perform stunts.

50% were family trips and the rest I paid for when I graduated and started working.

*On a side note, it hurts me knowing our leaders visit all these countries and refuse to replicate this back home. You then realize the extent of how evil and devilish they are.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 13, 2020
Gabon!

Beautiful country.....

From the plains of Gamba to the heights of Franceville. The clean beaches of Makouku .

The hunting area of Sette-Cama to the city hot spot of Port Gentil, Port Denis and Libreville.

That view along the routes of Leconi and Kabala is one to behold. The rain forest and landscape of Gabon is breath taking. Nature at its best.

Saw my first set of pygmies in that country and I was amazed to know civilization was still far off from some people.

Madagascar am longing to visit now.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 13, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Gabon!

Beautiful country.....

From the plains of Gamba to the heights of Franceville. The clean beaches of Makouku .

The hunting area of Sette-Cama to the city hot spot of Port Gentil, Port Denis and Libreville.

That view along the routes of Leconi and Kabala is one to behold. The rain forest and landscape of Gabon is breath taking. Nature at its best.

Saw my first set of pygmies in that country and I was amazed to know civilization was still far off from some people.

Is it safe to travel around the country or is the security situation similar to Nigeria? It seems you visited all the nooks and crannies.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 13, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Is it safe to travel around the country or is the security situation similar to Nigeria? It seems you visited all the nooks and crannies.

Gabon is damn safe.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 13, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Gabon is damn safe.
Where you working in the oil industry there or did you just go for vacation?And how what is the range for accomodation and cost to travel across the country and visit all those cities.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 13, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Where you working in the oil industry there or did you just go for vacation?And how what is the range for accomodation and cost to travel across the country and visit all those cities.

Love took me there. A little bit expensive place but it's a choice destination as many expertraites are in the country. Very nice hotels in the destination I mentioned for about 35,000 XFA. Car rentals was about 350,000 XFA a month.

But every penny was worth it. It's a virgin country.
Bounded by Cameroon at Meyo Kye, Equitorial Guinea at Oyem and Congo at Franceville (Kabala)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 4:29am On Apr 13, 2020
Ghana!!!

When i went to a graduation ceremony of a cousin in their university.

Ghana is a very peaceful country, you can imagine my shock from someone coming from NIGERIA.

You can move about at anytime of the day even if you like, you can take a stroll in the middle of the night and nobody will bother you.

Let's us not even forget the electricity.

For about a month, there was no sign of power outage, and yes my love for Ghana jollof rice is immeasurable.

Personally i feel Ghana jollof rice is the best in Africa.

There is this sweet alcoholic drink in Ghana that i love so much, it's sugarish but it contains alcohol, i think the name is club, if I'm not mistaking.

There is no day i don't take a Very chilled bottle of club, lol

And yes let us not forget about the women.

With no sugar coating, Ghanaian women are a lot nicer than NIGERIA women. Ask anyone that I've been to Ghana to confirm it.

Very fun loving, caring breeds of human and oh the ghanian accents is so funny.

I can't forget the sweet memories of debating with my Ghanaian friends the right pronounciation for words.

Ghana is really a beautiful country, nice architecture In Accra.

I really enjoyed my stay there.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Biingoo: 5:06am On Apr 13, 2020
Which country is Harderwijk located?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Biingoo: 5:06am On Apr 13, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Gabon!

Beautiful country.....

Carbon is cool
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Biingoo: 5:10am On Apr 13, 2020
Softapplez:
Ghana!!!

When i went to a graduation ceremony of a cousin in their university.

Ghana is a very peaceful country, you can imagine my shock from someone coming from NIGERIA.

You can move about at anytime of the day even if you like, you can take a stroll in the middle of the night and nobody will bother you.

Let's us not even forget the electricity.

For about a month, there was no sign of power outage, and yes my love for Ghana jollof rice is immeasurable.

Personally i feel Ghana jollof rice is the best in Africa.

There is this sweet alcoholic drink in Ghana that i love so much, it's sugarish but it contains alcohol, i think the name is club, if I'm not mistaking.

There is no day i don't take a Very chilled bottle of club, lol

And yes let us not forget about the women.

With no sugar coating, Ghanaian women are a lot nicer than NIGERIA women. Ask anyone that I've been to Ghana to confirm it.

Very fun loving, caring breeds of human and oh the ghanian accents is so funny.

I can't forget the sweet memories of debating with my Ghanaian friends the right pronounciation for words.

Ghana is really a beautiful country, nice architecture In Accra.

I really enjoyed my stay there.

lol @funny accent. Heard they speak pigin English very well too
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 13, 2020
Biingoo:
Which country is Harderwijk located?
Netherlands.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 13, 2020
Biingoo:
lol @funny accent. Heard they speak pigin English very well too
Can't really say about the pidgin stuff because all my time in Ghana, 100% of my interactions with Ghanaians were in pure English and not pidgin.

Never for once did i interact in pidgin.

But that being said, their accents are funny.

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Biingoo: 6:08am On Apr 13, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Netherlands.
Thanks
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Aka2003: 6:24am On Apr 13, 2020
I hear that Rome is really a place to visit at least once in your life.
I also hear that Paris is also really awesome to visit. I have heard that Paris is better explored by walking as the city is very walkable. You can walk down avenue champs-elysees all the way to place de la concorde. Of course you have to visit the Eiffel tour and the louvre to see the joconde. If you have time take the TGV from Montparnasse to Tarbes. Chai money dey fall person hand oo. Things dey to see and do for this world oo grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 13, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Love took me there. A little bit expensive place but it's a choice destination as many expertraites are in the country. Very nice hotels in the destination I mentioned for about 35,000 XFA. Car rentals was about 350,000 XFA a month.

But every penny was worth it. It's a virgin country.
Bounded by Cameroon at Meyo Kye, Equitorial Guinea at Oyem and Congo at Franceville (Kabala)

Do you need to be fluent in French or do they speak english?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Do you need to be fluent in French or do they speak english?

Basic French with your Google translator app.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
I have been to a lot of cities and countries through Drew Binsky and pppPeter's channels on YouTube.

I have seen the biggest frog, Gigatoriana Goliath in Cameroon, dinned with the pygmies and took some puffs familiarizing with the tribes of Omo valley in Ethiopia just through YouTube lol.

I have been to some no man's land in the Arctic and the place of the innui in Greeland. Generally, the Arabs are loving and accommodating.

I am well travelled but virtually...At least if we can't journey the world yet, goPro and those powerful lenses on YouTube can fill us in..

grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
Peterjosh:
I have been to a lot of cities and countries through Drew Binsky and pppPeter's channels on YouTube.

I have seen the biggest frog, Gigatoriana Goliath in Cameroon, dinned with the pygmies and took some puffs familiarizing with the tribes of Omo valley in Ethiopia just through YouTube lol.

I have been to some no man's land in the Arctic and the place of the innui in Greeland. Generally, the Arabs are loving and accommodating.

I am well travelled but virtually...At least if we can't journey the world yet, goPro and those powerful lenses on YouTube can fill us in..

grin
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
Netherlands am coming grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Netherlands am coming grin
Start saving and getting your application together.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Start saving and getting your application together.
Them no dey tell person grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Them no dey tell person grin
Good luck.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by odinga1of: 1:17am On Apr 14, 2020
Favourite holiday destination still remains when I visited Uvwie, Okpe, Ethiope EAST LGA of Delta State.

Mehn the Abraka beach almost look as if I am in Cape Town South Africa.

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 14, 2020
odinga1of:
Favourite holiday destination still remains when I visited Uvwie, Okpe, Ethiope EAST LGA of Delta State.

Mehn the Abraka beach almost look as if I am in Cape Town South Africa.

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by odinga1of: 1:33am On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=88417453][/quote]

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Aka2003:
I also hear that Paris is also really awesome to visit. I have heard that Paris is better explored by walking as the city is very walkable. You can walk down avenue champs-elysees all the way to place de la concorde. Of course you have to visit the Eiffel tour and the louvre to see the joconde. If you have time take the TGV from Montparnasse to Tarbes. Chai money dey fall person hand oo. Things dey to see and do for this world oo grin
Rome and Paris also on my bucketlist.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Fescoblack(m): 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Who will take me to Manchester!�
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
Fescoblack:
Who will take me to Manchester!�
There is no free lunch cheesy
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by hodari: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Singapore-The cleanest and most organised city I've ever been to. Very wealthy place too. Weather is like Naija own. Extremely expensive place.

London-did my masters degree there at UCL. Lived in a very boring onyibo area, so my weekends were spent gallivanting in Brixton, Peckham and such rough areas. Enjoyed myself thoroughly. The city is very multicultural with people from all over the world.

Dubai what can I add that hasn't been said already. Dubai is simply a dazzling city. You can't even know your in a desert considering how green the place is. Wonderful memories on Sheikh Zayed Road and the backstreets of Deira.

New York Very dirty, noisy and overated city. The subway is the dirtiest place I've ever seen, full of giant rats, army of homeless people and it stinks. Very multicultural city. Nigerians are many in Brooklyn and Bronx.

Geneva Beautiful small city in Switzerland. The Swiss are extremely organised, the country works like a precision clock. Very clean and extremely weathly country. The problem is that it is very, very, very expensive. A meal in their Mcdonald is upto CHF 40, talk less of going to a decent restaurant sef. Nonetheless, if you have the money it's a beautiful and splendid country.

Amsterdam very liberal city. Marijuana and prostitution are legalised. The oloshos parade themselves in the Red light area on the shop windows and you get to choose like meat in a supermarket. This is for tourist because the rest of the Netherlands is very conservative.

Johannesburg most of Jozi is almost like Europe especially places like Sandton. The transport system is very good with Gautrain and BRT. Soweto is in most parts a surprisingly wealthy and organised place. However, the old CBD is really messed up. Its dirty and very dangerous. Places like Hillbrow is just like Ajengule with dirty street vendors, rampant prostitution, violent crime and drug trafficking. No wonder the locals have turned xenophobic. I don't blame them. Despite being in Africa, Johannesburg gets extremely cold in May, June, July with snowfall. Be prepared accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
hodari:
Singapore-The cleanest and most organised city I've ever been to. Very wealthy place too. Weather is like Naija own. Extremely expensive place.

London-did my masters degree there at UCL. Lived in a very boring onyibo area, so my weekends were spent gallivanting in Brixton, Peckham and such rough areas. Enjoyed myself thoroughly. The city is very multicultural with people from all over the world.

Dubai what can I add that hasn't been said already. Dubai is simply a dazzling city. You can't even know your in a desert considering how green the place is. Wonderful memories on Sheikh Zayed Road and the backstreets of Deira.

New York Very dirty, noisy and overated city. The subway is the dirtiest place I've ever seen, full of giant rats, army of homeless people and it stinks. Very multicultural city. Nigerians are many in Brooklyn and Bronx.

Geneva Beautiful small city in Switzerland. The Swiss are extremely organised, the country works like a precision clock. Very clean and extremely weathly country. The problem is that it is very, very, very expensive. A meal in their Mcdonald is upto CHF 40, talk less of going to a decent restaurant sef. Nonetheless, if you have the money it's a beautiful and splendid country.

Amsterdam very liberal city. Marijuana and prostitution are legalised. The oloshos parade themselves in the Red light area on the shop windows and you get to choose like meat in a supermarket. This is for tourist because the rest of the Netherlands is very conservative.

Johannesburg most of Jozi is almost like Europe especially places like Sandton. The transport system is very good with Gautrain and BRT. Soweto is in most parts a surprisingly wealthy and organised place. However, the old CBD is really messed up. Its dirty and very dangerous. Places like Hillbrow is just like Ajengule with dirty street vendors, rampant prostitution, violent crime and drug trafficking. No wonder the locals have turned xenophobic. I don't blame them. Despite being in Africa, Johannesburg gets extremely cold in May, June, July with snowfall. Be prepared accordingly.

When you land in a civilized country, you can't help but curse the organized mafia crime syndicate that has been ruling Nigerian since 1960 and turned it into a fantastically corrupt shithole. Why can't they attempt to try and transform the country to look like any of the countries where they like to spend their loot.

I often hear people say how dirty New York is lol. Did you ever go to Brighton while you lived on London? I have only been to London and would have liked to explore other cities in the country.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by ttmacoy: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
I actually found both Paris and Rome to be overrated but it is good to visit at least once.
Paris was ok but not the romantic city I dreamed up.

Rome was just so hot dusty and crowded for me. I love the historic sites in Rome as I’m a history buff but there is no way to enjoy the historic sites in Rome with the crowd.

There are nicer cities in a France and Italy.

Aka2003:
Re: What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destinations And What Made It Memorable? by hodari: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

When you land in a civilized country, you can't help but curse the organized mafia crime syndicate that has been ruling Nigerian since 1960 and turned it into a fantastically corrupt shithole. Why can't they attempt to try and transform the country to look like any of the countries where they like to spend their loot.

I often hear people say how dirty New York is lol. Did you ever go to Brighton while you lived on London? I have only been the London and would have liked to explore other cities in the country.
I've never been to Brighton. I was a struggling student so didn't have much money to travel around UK. I visited Ireland and Glasgow, Scotland as part of my program.

I forgot Bangkok, Thailand Thong Lo area.. Very lovely and exciting country and very cheap too. This is a major tourist attraction globally. However, certain "developers" from East have spoiled Africans name there with 419 and drug trafficking angry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It True 90% Of Women Abroad Esp London Are Single / If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This / Does Anybody Know Document Needed For Uk Partner Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.