Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,629 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja (853 Views)

Beware Of Agege Young Touts Under Bridge Lagos / Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community / Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by Giditrendz01: 1:57am On Apr 13, 2020
There is panic in Mangoro, Ogba, Agege, Iyana Ipaja and Dopemu areas of Lagos as suspected hoodlums are robbing residents.
In what appeared like a coordinated operation, the hoodlums were said to have arrived in okadas and buses, armed with different kinds of weapons.

Residents who spoke with Giditrendz CEO said the suspects looted food stores and warehouses in the areas.
“They came in at about 7pm this night with about 30 okadas and 10 5 buses,” a resident in Aluminium village in Dopemu, told Giditrendz
“Many houses and food shops have been robbed. In fact they also broke into some warehouses here and stole items.”
In Mangoro, another resident said they attacked people on the streets, snatching purses.
“Nowhere is safe in the area now. Those that were on the streets were attacked and they collected their purses. They also broke into houses and robbed people of their valuables.”
In Iyana Ipaja, a resident said after previous attacks, some youth in the area lit bonfires on the streets.
“We know they have been operating in nearby streets, but we won’t allow them to get into our streets. We will keep a night over this fire,” one of them at Iyano Ipaja said.
Bala Elkana, Lagos police spokesperson, however, accused those with the bonfires of causing panic in the areas.
“We have sent our rapid response squad there, and what we discover are youth of that area stepping out in the name of protecting their areas from hoodlums coming in,” he said.
“Then burning tyres in the name of securing, and this on its own is creating panic. We have sent a strong message, the order is stay at home. Everybody must stay at home. We have enough deployment all this while. We are not under any threat. Those youths are looking for an opportunity to be out of the house, so they are creating panic. There is adequate police patrol in the areas.”

Read the tweet below:

https://giditrendz.com/breaking-armed-robbers-attacking-residents-of-agege-mangoro-iyana-ipaja/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by MzTunechi(f): 2:10am On Apr 13, 2020
Likewise Shagari Estate. Residents are outside keeping watch.
Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by CapitalHYC(m): 2:14am On Apr 13, 2020
You see what Lock down without Palliatives would cause ... This government is deaf to itself not to the masses alone

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by issy1500: 3:01am On Apr 13, 2020
CapitalHYC:
You see what Lock down without Palliatives would cause ... This government is deaf to itself not to the masses alone

So True and Sad cry

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by Stevewonder004(m): 3:11am On Apr 13, 2020
Ogun go strike that police man mounth to bend.
We have been here at iyana ikola since 11pm.
this is 3am already and i have not seen one police man with even a torn uniform.
Stupid coward men in uniform.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by tuzle(m): 3:14am On Apr 13, 2020
Yes we know our government is one of the most corrupt in the world, but one thing we ignore are the people. From my point of view, there is no different between the leaders and the people. Most of us won't mind harming our neighbors if it benefits us, that is why there is high rate of arm robbery and so on during dis period.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by Stanchem029: 3:15am On Apr 13, 2020
CapitalHYC:
They should go to government house.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 13, 2020
No be lie ooooooo. Thats my axis. These police spokesman ehn.... Na today I know say he dey lie. I have donated two of my old tires plus three bottles of seaman schnapps for boys do my area to keep watch. The very next street na gunshots. These boys get mind die. I for stay outside wait for them but alas na only mouth I get

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by nelsonebby(m): 3:31am On Apr 13, 2020
Shibaraba:
No be lie ooooooo. Thats my axis. These police spokesman ehn.... Na today I know say he dey lie. I have donated two of my old tires plus three bottles of seaman schnapps for boys do my area to keep watch. The very next street na gunshots. These boys get mind die. I for stay outside wait for them but alas na only mouth I get
lol
Stay inside abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Armed Robbers Attacking Residents Of Agege, Mangoro, Iyana Ipaja by ademasta(m): 4:57am On Apr 13, 2020
This is serious

(1) (Reply)

See This Long Queue For Free Food In Lekki, Lagos State. PHOTOS & VIDEO / My Aunt Lied My Baby Died, Not Knowing That She Sold Him For N800k - Lady / Kenlinks546 Is A Fruad, A Liar, A Cheat, A Scammer And A Wicked One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.