Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Covid 19 Pandemic: Can Prayer Save The Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Covid 19 Pandemic: Can Prayer Save The Day? (202 Views)

Installation Of New Catholic Bishop In Ekwulobia Anambra Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / CAN Prayer Walk: Pastor Adeboye Leads Protest Against Insecurity (Photos) / Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19 Pandemic: Can Prayer Save The Day? by KLand(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
We often say in Christian circles that “prayer is the master key,” “there is nothing prayer cannot do,” “if there is a man to pray, there is a God to answer,” and so on and so forth.

All these statements underscore our strong belief in the efficacy of prayers in resolving difficult situations. And I am convinced that in our individual lives, we all have had instances where prayer saved the day for us in our moments of crisis.

That’s at a personal level. But can we extend it to a global level? I believe we can!

Right now the world is experiencing a health crisis caused by coronavirus. Many people have died already as a result of the disease.

Regrettably, more people will still die until the medical world is able to find a lasting solution to the pandemic.

For now, most health personnel and health facilities around the world have been stretched beyond bounds, yet the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel is not in sight.

Is there any thing we can do as believers to help stem the tide of this evil disease? I believe there is:

We can pray!

Can prayer save the day for us in the face of a ravaging global pandemic such as covid 19?
Again, I believe it can.

So it is time for all believers in Christ Jesus to join hands in prayers in order to win the battle against the coronavirus pandemic. If you have started praying already, please don’t give up until the victory is won.

We have the assurance of God that He will hear us and intervene for us in a difficult time such as we are experiencing right now in the world.

Going by the various reports monitored on social media, there are already several calls to prayer coming from different cycles, ranging from pastors, concerned individuals, ministries and so on. We all need to heed the call and pray seriously against the scourge of coronavirus.

Calling people to pray against covid 19 pandemic does not mean that we want people to undermine the essense of taking medical precautions against the disease. But they should pray in spite of having observed necessary medical precautions.

The people of the world may scoff at us for resorting to prayers, but we should not mind them; our prayer is to our God and not to them.

David realised the importance of praying to God in the middle of a national health crisis like the covid 19 pandemic and so should we. The story is there recorded in 2 Samuel chapter 24 for us to read and learn from...

Source:
https://victorscorner.com/2020/04/04/coronavirus-pandemic-the-prayer-strategy/

(1) (Reply)

I Want Them Back / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Message To All Christain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.