Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,119 members, 7,825,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God (823 Views)

COVID-19: I Saw The Sudden Death Of Abba Kyari- Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin. VIDEO / 'i'm Returning To God': Former Atheist Italian Doctor Seeks Strength From God / Covid-19 : I Asked Where Mbaka, Mouka, Kumuyi God Is And I Got This In Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Tife20: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
I was taken to school on this one. According to Joel Forster of Evangelical Focus this story is likely false news. Apparently there are several versions circulating, one with a 75 year old pastor as the inspirational figure in the story, others, like this one, point to a priest. Also, a member of the Italian Evangelical Alliance board was asked about the story. He then contacted evangelical pastors of several denominations in Italy and they all agreed that the testimony is not reliable. (See Joel Forster’s article: Christian Fake News? The story of the atheist doctor in Lombardy)

Forster goes on to say it’s possible there could be some truth in the story. But the right thing to do here is to point out it’s not credible.

The following post and the above image are from an article published in INTERRIS. (Manuela Petrini, Covid-19, la straordinaria testimonianza di un medico: “Ero ateo ma ora sono tornato a Dio”, INTERRIS, March 21, 2020) A friend of mine used Google translate and then did some further editing to clean up the translation. Hat tip to Amy DeTar Ginski and Sheila Underwood Vamplin.

Since February 21, the coronavirus has burst into Italian borders causing over 4,000 deaths. We are informed on a daily basis of how many people have died, how many have recovered and what the total number of infected people is. The whole of Italy was moved by the sad image of the column of trucks of the Italian Army which, last Wednesday, carried the bodies away from Bergamo because there was no longer any place in the cemeteries. A similar scene was repeated this morning, when another 70 bodies were brought to other provinces to be cremated.

Doctors and nurses, silent heroes

Too often what goes on in hospital wards is overshadowed. Yes, every day the commitment of doctors, nurses, health workers, their dedication to work and the enormous effort they are making is praised, but their emotions, their fears, are not taken into consideration. In these days we have repeatedly listened to their desperate appeals addressed to all Italians to stay at home, so that their efforts are not frustrated.

Read more on: https://godrunning.com/2020/04/07/italian-doctor-after-covid-19-i-was-an-atheist-but-now-im-back-to-god/
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by bedspread: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Awesome!
Not only Him!
I have seen Nations and People Turn to GOD in these times....

Praise GOD!

There is Joy in Heaven Over One Sinner that Repents than 99 who see no need to Repent!

Technology and Development has Totally failed!
Strength of Man has totally failed!
Scientists have failed!

Our FATHER IN HEAVEN CANNOT FAIL

1 Like

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Tife20: 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
bedspread:
Awesome!
Not only Him!

Praise GOD!

There is Joy in Heaven

Glory be to God..
May God Continue to do his work

1 Like

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Mechatronika(m): 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
He got the whole world in His hands! He rules in the affairs of men!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Tife20: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Abi atheist believed in science but dey did not believed in existent of God now science failed but power of God remain the same
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by lepasharon(f): 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mechatronika:
He got the whole world in His hands! He rules in the affairs of men!

Don't forget that his hands have holes in them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by OtemAtum: 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
False as usual.
Another name for christinaity is falsehood. Jehovah even sent a lying spirit according to their bible grin
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by OtemAtum: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
lepasharon:

Epic cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Tife20: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
I know you people called atheist will never believe but don't worry keep disbelieving in true God...

Remember that one day you will die
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Mechatronika(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
lepasharon:

And you think that can limit His power?
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by lepasharon(f): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mechatronika:

And you think that can limit His power?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Tife20: 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
lepasharon:

Keep it up you will reap it soon
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by MusicSots: 5:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
lepasharon:

Repent the kingdom of God is at hand
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Jeromejnr(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Tife20:

Keep it up you will reap it soon

They don't have any thing to say bro. If it was Christian turned to Atheist, you would have seen them overrun this thread like rabid dogs.
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Tife20: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
Jeromejnr:

They don't have any thing to say bro. If it was Christian turned to Atheist, you would have seen them overrun this thread like rabid dogs.

Hmm it is well
Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
After Covid19?
Is Covid19 over?

1 Like

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by kingxsamz(m): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
The level of foolishness in this thread got me laughing.... grin
These same people praying to God to prevent coronavirus from getting to them are the same people saying God has the whole world in his hands.
For your God to allow a virus kill thousands of innocent people within three months just to prove a point to the same beings he created, shows how foolish and wicked he is.

2 Likes

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by kingxsamz(m): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Tife20:
I was taken to school on this one. According to Joel Forster of Evangelical Focus this story is likely false news. Apparently there are several versions circulating, one with a 75 year old pastor as the inspirational figure in the story, others, like this one, point to a priest. Also, a member of the Italian Evangelical Alliance board was asked about the story. He then contacted evangelical pastors of several denominations in Italy and they all agreed that the testimony is not reliable. (See Joel Forster’s article: Christian Fake News? The story of the atheist doctor in Lombardy)

Forster goes on to say it’s possible there could be some truth in the story. But the right thing to do here is to point out it’s not credible.

The following post and the above image are from an article published in INTERRIS. (Manuela Petrini, Covid-19, la straordinaria testimonianza di un medico: “Ero ateo ma ora sono tornato a Dio”, INTERRIS, March 21, 2020) A friend of mine used Google translate and then did some further editing to clean up the translation. Hat tip to Amy DeTar Ginski and Sheila Underwood Vamplin.

Since February 21, the coronavirus has burst into Italian borders causing over 4,000 deaths. We are informed on a daily basis of how many people have died, how many have recovered and what the total number of infected people is. The whole of Italy was moved by the sad image of the column of trucks of the Italian Army which, last Wednesday, carried the bodies away from Bergamo because there was no longer any place in the cemeteries. A similar scene was repeated this morning, when another 70 bodies were brought to other provinces to be cremated.

Doctors and nurses, silent heroes

Too often what goes on in hospital wards is overshadowed. Yes, every day the commitment of doctors, nurses, health workers, their dedication to work and the enormous effort they are making is praised, but their emotions, their fears, are not taken into consideration. In these days we have repeatedly listened to their desperate appeals addressed to all Italians to stay at home, so that their efforts are not frustrated.

Read more on: https://godrunning.com/2020/04/07/italian-doctor-after-covid-19-i-was-an-atheist-but-now-im-back-to-god/

Nice story. grin
The doctor no get picture?

1 Like

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by kingxsamz(m): 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
lepasharon:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by StrikeBack(m): 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
lepasharon:

maybe he needs to sanitize his hands

1 Like

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by LordReed(m): 12:46am On Apr 14, 2020
Tife20:
Abi atheist believed in science but dey did not believed in existent of God now science failed but power of God remain the same

Is it this fake story that is making think science has failed? LMFAO! Meanwhile your god is in his usual hiding place while pastors and priests who stupidly believed the god will protect them are dying all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by LordReed(m): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2020
Tife20:
I know you people called atheist will never believe but don't worry keep disbelieving in true God...

Remember that one day you will die

Why should we believe fake stories? Instead we'll laugh at your gullibility and wonder how you are so easily deceived even in the age of the internet where you can quickly access information.

1 Like

Re: Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God by hakeem4(m): 2:48am On Apr 14, 2020
bedspread:
Awesome!
Not only Him!

Praise GOD!

There is Joy in Heaven Over One Sinner that Repents than 99 who see no need to Repent!

[s]Technology and Development has Totally failed!
Strength of Man has totally failed!
Scientists have failed!

Our FATHER IN HEAVEN CANNOT FAIL[/s]

God is the SI unit of failure!!!!

1) he failed to show himself to us
2) he failed during the time of all pandemic

god is a serial failure

(1) (Reply)

Thomas Edison Didn't Invent The Light Bulb, Lewis Howard Latimer Did. / Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? / Is Tithing A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.