Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires (10334 Views)

How The CBN Created Lots Of Overnight Millionaires / NDLEA Arrests Pregnant Woman With 34.4kgs Of Cannabis In Rivers / Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2020
BabaOwen:
I'm sorry I want to ask a question again cool

How safe is pawpaw aka Arizona?

Your question inspired me to conduct some research, and to my surprise, there is in fact a cannabis variety called Payaya (pawpaw), that is detailed in the two links below.

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/papaya/

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cannabis/strains/papaya-cannabis-strain

Now, the above variety is indica dominant, whereas it is sativas that thrive in the tropics, and on that basis, I will make a guess that the "pawpaw or Arizona" weed being sold in Nigeria is NOT grown from imported seeds, like the variety in the links above.

With that cannabis growing fact in mind, one simply cannot be sure at all, whether Nigerian "pawpaw" weed is simply a strong locally grown variety, or has been soaked with unknown chemicals, before being dried for sale. I guess a rule of thumb would be to avoid anything that smells of chemicals.

One hopes that Nigerian lawmakers will ultimately do the right thing by legalizing cannabis cultivation and use for all Nigerians, in order to generate massive profit, but ALSO in order to remove criminal gangs from the production and distribution of cannabis, as is always the case in countries where marijuana prohibition has not yet given way to legitimized and taxed marijuana industries.

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Lotusflowerbomb: 7:29pm On May 14, 2020
Jakumo:

Most people simply would not recognize a single plant, as being cannabis, and the police generally look for large commercial farms with lots of plants, rather than bothering to try and identify single plants, which might be hidden in somebody's back yard and looking like a vegetable of some sort.

To grow your own from seeds, simply buy several samples of locally available weed, and pick out seeds from the one that smells the nicest, and gets you the highest. To wind up with one or two plants, I suggest planting about FIVE to TEN seeds, knowing that at least 50% will be males that you will quickly uproot, once you spot them producing pollen sacs.

Usually by 3 to 4 weeks old from the time of planting, you can spot and remove the males, though some will develop later than others, so you do need to pay close attention and check regularly to remove the males. To make your plant grow like crazy, bury a whole sea fish (Mackerel) in the ground near the plant once it is about a foot high, and then watch the growth rate take off as though the plant is on steroids.

Final flowering maturity can take up to 4 months from the time of planting, so you need to be patient and refrain from harvesting too early.
Wow thanks a lot for the delineation. In case your organizing any whatsapp online course on how to establish this as a business for newbies. Please include me. I am very much interested in doing this as a business.

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:30pm On May 14, 2020
And how many mad men
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2020
Lotusflowerbomb:
Wow thanks a lot for the delineation. In case your organizing any whatsapp online course on how to establish this as a business for newbies. Please include me. I am very much interested in doing this as a business.

I forgot to mention the most important consideration of all for any gardener, namely sunlight. The more direct sunlight all plants get, the faster they grow, and the more massive they become. Conversely, if a cannabis grower plants in an area where the sun is blocked by trees or buildings for much of the day, the harvest will be so small as to be hardly worth the effort.

Finding a location that has BOTH many hours of sunlight, AND is hidden from view, is by far the most difficult challenge that any grower must meditate over, before making any sort of preparation on the ground. Of course, full legalization of cannabis will completely eliminate the need for all of the ridiculous stealth measures that growers adopt under prohibition, thereby enabling people to grow their own supply at home with full confidence that the law is no longer a threat.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 7:43pm On May 14, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
And how many mad men

Your Excellency Atikulate you are hereby conferred with honorary membership in the League of Covert Stoners, with all rights and privileges implied.

You have read this thread because you like weed, and also share my yearning that this multifaceted healing plant must be decriminalized once and for all, so the massive profits cannabis cultivation can bring, will be actualized as soon as is legislatively possible.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 14, 2020
Jakumo:

Your question inspired me to conduct some research, and to my surprise, there is in fact a cannabis variety called Payaya (pawpaw), that is detailed in the two links below.

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/papaya/

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cannabis/strains/papaya-cannabis-strain

Now, the above variety is indica dominant, whereas it is sativas that thrive in the tropics, and on that basis, I will make a guess that the "pawpaw or Arizona" weed being sold in Nigeria is NOT grown from imported seeds, like the variety in the links above.

With that cannabis growing fact in mind, one simply cannot be sure at all, whether Nigerian "pawpaw" weed is simply a strong locally grown variety, or has been soaked with unknown chemicals, before being dried for sale. I guess a rule of thumb would be to avoid anything that smells of chemicals.

One hopes that Nigerian lawmakers will ultimately do the right thing by legalizing cannabis cultivation and use for all Nigerians, in order to generate massive profit, but ALSO in order to remove criminal gangs from the production and distribution of cannabis, as is always the case in countries where marijuana prohibition has not yet given way to legitimized and taxed marijuana industries.
I fully agree with you on this.
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:32pm On May 14, 2020
Jakumo:

Your Excellency Atikulate you are hereby conferred with honorary membership in the League of Covert Stoners, with all rights and privileges implied.

You have read this thread because you like weed, and also share my yearning that this multifaceted healing plant must be decriminalized once and for all, so the massive profits cannabis cultivation can bring, will be actualized as soon as is legislatively possible.
you are already displaying some weed symptoms o

Wahala dey!!!
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
you are already displaying some weed symptoms o

Wahala dey!!!

Oga stop this hide and seek. If you got the package why are you now refusing to pay ?
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by plat0: 9:44pm On May 14, 2020
grin
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by ono(m): 11:26pm On May 15, 2020
Hmnnn Sir Jakumo, been a long while o o o o o o . What are you doing dealing in Igbo tins?

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 15, 2020
I support this thread, legalise marijuana for medical and recreational use in Nigeria, it’s time our farmers get rich.

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 7:32am On May 16, 2020
ono:
Hmnnn Sir Jakumo, been a long while o o o o o o . What are you doing dealing in Igbo tins?

Wonderment. Oga Ono, na ya eye be dis ? Haven't heard from you in what seems like a decade. Chai ! How time flies. I throway salute my brother. Always good to see the writings of familiar hands, in this 15 year-old forum.

Returning to this topic, I urge you to lend your respected voice to the noble cause of putting a merciful end to weed prohibition in Nigeria, so that the enormous financial rewards of this cash crop can be reaped in Nigeria, just as is being done in South Africa, Lesotho, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and now, Ghana.

Even for those among us who would never dream of consuming weed for any reason, whether recreational or medicinal, there simply is no denying the potential for cannabis to generate gigantic monetary fortunes in a relatively short space of time, and that is the impetus for my having started this thread. In short, man pikin's love for legally earned mega-wealth, is universal, as old as the hills, and set to continue until the cows come home.

Of all the legally cultivated food crops and cash crops that exist on this planet, marijuana has been proven to generate among the highest harvest cash returns per hectare, and given that Nigeria is blessed with abundant sunshine illuminating richly fertile agricultural expanses year-round without break, it just stands to reason that this particular crop, marijuana, has the potential to dramatically mitigate, and even reverse the inevitable economic downturn that ALL nations are bound to confront in the wake of this ongoing Corona virus pandemic.

So, there you have it, Oracle Ono, Veteran Statesman of the Nairaland International Empire. My meticulously constructed argument in favor of marijuana legalization for rapid economic salvation, is laid bare in the pages of this thread, so, I implore you to read this entire submission, as time permits, and hopefully thereafter, Nairaland will hear some sage words of supportive wisdom from our man Ono, of the Niger Delta fame.

Respect ! Salute ! We dey follow ona for back, Oga Ono. No shaking. As you don kak seat for captain chair, we don disconnect auto-pilot, sharply.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 21, 2020
Jakumo:
Here is another highly informative short video clip describing how the Israelis have stampeded over to South Africa now that cannabis is not only legal there, but very lightly taxed when grown commercially. Nigeria can join this fast moving freight train to economic salvation, by becoming a MAJOR player in the global market for medicinal marijuana, its seeds. and its concentrated extracts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH4xYO9sMzM

Without question there lurk very powerful and well-connected readers and writers, among Nairaland's teeming devotees scattered across the globe, so to them I plead that they show this thread to those who can influence the process of fundamental legislative change in Nigeria's seat of power, such that sooner, rather than later, Nigeria can take its place at the table where billions of cannabis industry dollars are shared by competing international conglomerates.

Don't hold your breath, the Fulanis in charge of Nigeria's legislative/administrative appratus will never agree to this in a million years, it's against their Islamic beliefs. The same beliefs that allow them hack thousands of sleeping women and children to death...

2 Likes

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

Don't hold your breath, the Fulanis in charge of Nigeria's legislative/administrative appratus will never agree to this in a million years, it's against their Islamic beliefs. The same beliefs that allow them hack thousands of sleeping women and children to death...

To play devil's advocate for a moment, an argument can be made that such ultra-religious leaders prone to turning a blind eye when hate crimes are committed in the name of their chosen deity, have no qualms about cornering the proceeds from the Niger Delta's oil wealth by virtue of tribal affiliation, suggesting that the primal lure of Big Bucks income from legalized cannabis cultivation in Nigeria, may yet trump over the content of all those holy books, resulting in the legislative change that so many Nigerians undoubtedly crave in secret.

By the way sir, thank you for towing this topic back from the frozen Siberian Tundra, where it was rusting away due to more pressing global affairs that grab headlines in forums such as this one.

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Canada is on the forefront of legal cannabis cultivation of cannabis, and those engaged in farming this highly lucrative crop are reaping massive fortunes, now that the ridiculous laws banning the cultivation and consumption of this hugely beneficial plant, have been consigned to the dustbin of history.

This news story details a 24 HECTARE cannabis crop that is at this very moment in the process of being harvested for drying, curing and sale to millions of eager customers in Canada, and across the globe.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/marijuana-cannabis-outdoor-rock-creek-speakeasy-cannabis-company-1.5743385?fbclid=IwAR08cyLfI21VNMZ5S_Tii29zo-OH4syYETIDUbceApY_72ccdGqqtzWTMzM
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Lotusflowerbomb: 10:12am On Dec 19, 2020
Jakumo:
Canada is on the forefront of legal cannabis cultivation of cannabis, and those engaged in farming this highly lucrative crop are reaping massive fortunes, now that the ridiculous laws banning the cultivation and consumption of this hugely beneficial plant, have been consigned to the dustbin of history.

This news story details a 24 HECTARE cannabis crop that is at this very moment in the process of being harvested for drying, curing and sale to millions of eager customers in Canada, and across the globe.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/marijuana-cannabis-outdoor-rock-creek-speakeasy-cannabis-company-1.5743385?fbclid=IwAR08cyLfI21VNMZ5S_Tii29zo-OH4syYETIDUbceApY_72ccdGqqtzWTMzM
Please I sent you a mail. How else can I contact you pls? I am ready to start this as a business, but I need a mentor to properly guide me as I have never grown anything in my entire life.
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by richiemcgold: 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
omonnakoda:
The moment it is legalized everyone can grow their own. That is not a get rich quick schene
Is that how to become a millionaire
Shior!
no it is not done like that. in Ghana for instance, you have to be licensed by their government and your farm will be under close monitoring right from the planting to harvesting stage.
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 6:41am On Dec 20, 2020
richiemcgold:

no it is not done like that. in Ghana for instance, you have to be licensed by their government and your farm will be under close monitoring right from the planting to harvesting stage.

Ya mon. Check out the Minster of Cannabis Affairs in Ghana, inspecting a massive farm. Nigeria we dey wait una.

As for me, I don come tanda for Ghana jejely, as gentleman concern. Na so de ting be, Charlie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLUM7Np3os
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2021
Dating back to 2014 when Jamaica FINALLY legalized their legendary ganja, this documentary was filmed, on the subject of Jamaica's nascent cannabis refinement laboratories, and the enormous fortunes that they stood to reap 7 years ago, and ARE reaping in bountiful abundance today in 2021.

Nigeria's petroleum sales income could be dwarfed by the mega-million dollar fortunes that can be realized in a very short time frame, if the nation's presidency and lawmakers could do the needful, in terms of legalizing this highly lucrative natural resource, medical marijuana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5K8GpNRZo
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Day169: 11:11am On Feb 21, 2021
.. and many more overnight psychopaths!
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2021
Day169:
.. and many more overnight psychopaths!

Hopefully you are not speaking from personal experience ha ha.

Anyway, say no to PCP, meth, all pills, all powders and alcohol, to protect your health and sanity.
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by anthonysmith123: 5:29am On Mar 18, 2021
I agree with the author of this post. There is nothing bad about cannabis legalization especially if you do it with restrictions. I am from Oregon and cannabis is legalized but there are some "NO" you can't do. In any case, growing medical cannabis can bring your country a lot of money and investments from European and American partners. But, you must make the restrictions to give people the ability to abuse or cultivate cannabis secretly and illegally.

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 5:44am On Mar 18, 2021
anthonysmith123:
I agree with the author of this post. There is nothing bad about cannabis legalization especially if you do it with restrictions. I am from Oregon and cannabis is legalized but there are some "NO" you can't do. You can check them if you are interested https://askgrowers.com/blog/oregon-marijuana-laws. So, growing medical cannabis can bring your country a lot of money and investments from European and American partners. But, you must make the restrictions to give people the ability to abuse or cultivate cannabis secretly and illegally.

Thanks for stopping by to bring this topic into the sunlight again sir. You're one lucky dawg blessed with that precious freedom to grow any strain of preference right in your own garden, even if you reside right next door to a cop ha ha.

Hopefully, prohibition laws will be consigned to the dustbin by Nigeria, allowing canna-fortunes to be amassed as is happening in the growing list of enlightened African nations including Ghana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Lesotho, and Zambia.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Sammy00: 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
I think that there is nothing wrong with marijuana and I think it should be legalized. Tobacco and alcohol are much more harmful. And marijuana can even be useful, for example in medicine. In Europe, this is treated quite differently. I was in Spain last year. And there in all the cannabis clubs in barcelona , the staff gladly told me how to choose the right seeds to grow a good product. After all, the most important thing is to choose good marijuana, then there will be no bad consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
Sammy00:
I think that there is nothing wrong with marijuana and I think it should be legalized. Tobacco and alcohol are much more harmful. And marijuana can even be useful, for example in medicine. In Europe, this is treated quite differently. I was in Spain last year. And there in all the cannabis clubs in barcelona , the staff gladly told me how to choose the right seeds to grow a good product. After all, the most important thing is to choose good marijuana, then there will be no bad consequences.

New York today legalized recreational use of cannabis, after decades of locking people up for simple weed possession.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/york-legalizes-marijuana-potentially-4-181044915.html

Some big money will now be reaped by the good folks in the Big Apple, as a brand new supply chain of legal cannabis takes shape.
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
So good to see that Nigeria is set to join the enlightened nations of Africa that are all reaping multi-million dollar fortunes from cannabis cultivation, sale, and export.

https://www.nairaland.com/6337278/reps-legalise-use-sale-cannabis
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Lotusflowerbomb: 8:12am On May 06, 2021
Jakumo:
So good to see that Nigeria is set to join the enlightened nations of Africa that are all reaping multi-million dollar fortunes from cannabis cultivation, sale, and export.

https://www.nairaland.com/6337278/reps-legalise-use-sale-cannabis
Abeg they should join quick quick. After cryptocurrency, this is the next business that make you filthy rich in a year.

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ghana is embracing a wide variety of highly profitable business ventures whose raw material originates from cannabis or industrial hemp. A British-raised entrepreneur spearheaded the successful legalization drive for cannabis in Ghana, and now the man is quietly minting a FORTUNE in profits from his cannabis-based business empire.

Check him out as he explains the multiple income streams accruing to himself and numerous other Ghanaian citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCf8NXU0ivo

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2021
Here is a nice weed-themed song by a beautiful Jamaican lady called Hempress Divine, for you to play as you fire up some righteous organically-grown, additive-free Ogbomosho Ganja.

Here we go : Smokin on da Sensiiii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSyEFHcMFdk

Another catchy weed song is by Collie Buddz. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tTuDl8HlZs

2 Likes

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Jakumo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
I know that Nigerians planning to visit Jamaica will have spent sleepless nights pondering over the question of just how potent Jamaican weed really is, now that it can be purchased legally in Bob Marley and Peter Tosh's homeland in the Caribbean.

Fret no more fellow stoners about to visit Jamaica soon, because legal weed is readily available at conveniently located ganja dispensaries, where you will be confronted with voluminous menus listing a bewildering array of connoisseur-grade cannabis varieties, boasting myriad fragrances and potencies of our beloved medicinal marijuana.

Ya mon Check it out. Let I-and-I bail a ting no mon, bail a spleef, an' righteously partake of da sacramental chalice. Welcome to da Islands mon, where da grass is always greener and tastier, and da fun never sets.

Haile Selasi I ! Jah Rastaferrai ! We gwan straight to Zion, and leave Babylon ting and peoples far behind I-and-I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCY5LNE6p4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_DwgWsddrc

1 Like

Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jakumo:
I know that Nigerians planning to visit Jamaica will have spent sleepless nights pondering over the question of just how potent Jamaican weed really is, now that it can be purchased legally in Bob Marley and Peter Tosh's homeland in the Caribbean.

Fret no more fellow stoners about to visit Jamaica soon, because legal weed is readily available at conveniently located ganja dispensaries, where you will be confronted with voluminous menus listing a bewildering array of connoisseur-grade cannabis varieties, boasting myriad fragrances and potencies of our beloved medicinal marijuana.

Ya mon Check it out. Let I-and-I bail a ting no mon, bail a spleef, an' righteously partake of da sacramental chalice. Welcome to da Islands mon, where da grass is always greener and tastier, and da fun never sets.

Haile Selasi I ! Jah Rastaferrai ! We gwan straight to Zion, and leave Babylon ting and peoples far behind I-and-I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCY5LNE6p4

Lol! You sir are always good for a laugh grin
Re: Legal Cannabis In Nigeria Will Create Many Overnight Millionaires by Amymac: 1:45am On Sep 22, 2021
They will appear for sure. The plant's economic potential must be taken into account. According to a recent Bloomberg report, the market for using the plant for recreational and medical uses will be worth $90.4 billion by 2026. Aside from its therapeutic virtues, the plant can also be used to make fabric, rope, and paper, which may be a substantial source of foreign cash for the country as well as create jobs. I am also in this business and parsl.co it's of huge help, especially if you're a beginner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC, 9 States Bicker Over N84.7bn Mismanaged From 13% Derivation Fund / Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report / Petrol Pump Price Dilemma Lingers As FG Retains Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.