Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

I Need A .png Background For My Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A .png Background For My Website (2101 Views)

Create Png ID Card With Database Info With PHP / Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style / How Do I Randomly Change Background Image Of My Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A .png Background For My Website by yusuf01(m): 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2011
Hi everyone,
I actually need a .png background for my website. I am using a kompozer as my site editor and I tried using the .png background and its not working. though a friend helped me to create the file, I don't know maybe that was the cause of the problem as I really don't know how to create the file. Anybody with ideas should please help me, I will be glad to hear from you.
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by joomlaman(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2011
What do u mean by .png? do u mean transparent background? or what and how?
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
png does support transparency. You can use Adobe Photoshop or Macromedia Fireworks - you need to have some graphical skills.
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by naijacutee(f): 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2011
You can download some free, transparent png files here: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/freedownloads/l/blfreepng01.htm
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by yusuf01(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
@joomlaman, yeah transparent background for my website.
@naijacutee, I will check the website now
thanks to you all
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by bug24(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2011
You are presumably a web designer and u dont know how to create a png file?
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by yusuf01(m): 5:38am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^ Well I am still learning web design and my learning curve just got to creating .png file.
Any info from you will be highly appreciated.
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2011
bug24:

You are presumably a web designer and u dont know how to create a png file?
You make him sound like: Jumbo my son, i sent you to school. . . . .
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by yusuf01(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^ lol
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by daddypri: 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2011
pm me if you still need that
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by bouzymill(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2011
Since you said you're just learning, and you've just got to making ".png files", i guess you should have known by now that older versions of "IE" doesn't work with transparent files unless you add some png hack codes. . .
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by bug24(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2011
bouzymill:

Since you said you're just learning, and you've just got to making ".png files", i guess you should have known by now that older versions of "IE" doesn't work with transparent files unless you add some png hack codes. . .

tell me about these hack codes and how they are implemented
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by bouzymill(m): 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2011
bug24:

tell me about these hack codes and how they are implemented

I don't think I'm in a very good position to tell much about the problems, as there are already million solutions to it. So, all I can give is just an insight. . .

I guess older versions before Internet Explorer 7, were not developed to support what is called "PNG alpha-channel transparency ". However, developers have found various ways of going around the problem with what is called "PNG Hacks". As I'm not in the best position to discuss this, I would copy one of the ways of working around it found from a website. . .

"Up until IE7, there has been no fully native support for PNG alpha channel transparency in Internet Explorer. However, since IE5.5 there has been some support in the form of proprietary filter called the AlphaImageLoader. Internet Explorer filters can be applied directly in your CSS (for both inline and background images), or by setting the same CSS property with JavaScript. " Read More (From http://24ways.org/2007/supersleight-transparent-png-in-ie6 )

other resources to read from are:

http://css-tricks.com/the-different-techniques-for-applying-the-png-hack/

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/alpha.html

www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/

these should be useful enough in putting you in the light of it. Just to note, It is good to design for cross browser compatibility as one of the aims of a web design project is to drive traffic as much as possible and not so many folks upgrade their or update their softwares. So, while many aspiring designers/ developers would only design with latest browsers in mind, it is good to try as much s possible to go across borders,
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by bug24(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2011
Hmmmm. i feel u brov. thanks for the info.
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by bouzymill(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
bug24:

Hmmmm. i feel u brov. thanks for the info.

U're welcome!
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by Mobinga: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2011
Nice tip, Bouzy
Re: I Need A .png Background For My Website by bouzymill(m): 11:57pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mobinga:

Nice tip, Bouzy

Mobinga . . . . . . . . . . , . Wetin you find come here? lol.

(1) (Reply)

How Can Creat My Own Site / What Payment Gateway Credits Merchant Account In Real Time. / Place Your Woocommerce Site Or Affiliate Marketing Site For Review And Backlinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.