Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style (18648 Views)

Viviangist Is Now Nairaland New Crush Bloggers Complains / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Table For Layout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by onegig(m): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2013
Just woke up to the new changes on the nairaland forum. The edges are trimmed and there's even a different background now.

I guess Seun is listening to advise now and ready to change for the better.

Anyways i like the new slic design and just wish many more better things to follow. Like a chat app and other things that makes it a full community.

We can even have groups or stuff in here.

Lets go on and challenge other social networks. Nothing stops Nairaland from being better than fb and reddit.

What do you think guys.?

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by twaintoy(f): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2013
It's cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by a1solution: 10:41am On Mar 23, 2013
On mobile and driving right now so cant really say anything.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by sisqology(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2013
onegig: Just woke up to the new changes on the nairaland forum. The edges are trimmed and there's even a different background now.

I guess Seun is listening to advise now and ready to change for the better.

Anyways i like the new slic design and just wish many more better things to follow. Like a chat app and other things that makes it a full community.

We can even have groups or stuff in here.

Lets go on and challenge other social networks. Nothing stops Nairaland from being better than fb and reddit.

What do you think guys.?

Chat app is pointless

13 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2013
Didn't really notice this until i saw this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by oloto(m): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2013
April fool.... grin. *but we are still in March *

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Youngartist(m): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2013
Gud... Seun u be oga at d top 4 nairaland ooo
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2013
I absolutely love it, only problem is , it could be a trigger for more Nairaland addiction cheesy wink
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by lakad4u(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2013
Pls who is seun?Oga on top?...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by olsmade(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2013
Still dont notice any changes tho im using my phone. Im a philistine kinda anyway so i might just be blind to the new changes

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by AVWENAGHA: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2013
1st
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by olsmade(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2013
AVWENAGHA: 1st
1ST mu-mu TO COMMENT

14 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by toluxa1(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2013
I think say na only me OOO. I initially thought it was my browser. Wetin Seun wan use this edges do? Hope it's not for advert o, Make he mind himself o.

By the way I can't really see any change in the BG

UPDATE: Yea, I think I can see the background thing now. If you no shine eyes well, you no go see am.

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by quest003: 11:34am On Mar 23, 2013
cant see any shanges
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by yeye4live(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2013
quest003: cant see any shanges
I did nt notice anytin, abeg na witch or wizard kind phone una dey use
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Samsantos9: 11:38am On Mar 23, 2013
I cant see any changes using mobile though.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by wazobiaforu(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2013
Dp
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by wazobiaforu(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2013
Is cool but hope it will not make NL to be slow in loading because NL load faster than google in my area
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 23, 2013
The Modes should create a paid VIP section.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by kennytidistar(m): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2013
a1solution: On mobile and driving right now so cant really say anything.

nigerians can lie, since you are mobile and you cant reallly say anything for now, how do you manage to say this?

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2013
[size=13pt]When i logged on today, i noticed something had changed but now i can't even remember how the old one looked like not to talk of how the first Nairaland looked like. The only constant thing in life is change and we should be ready to adapt to it[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: The Modes should create a paid VIP section.
[size=13pt]I think i suggested this a while back. Other forums have something similar.[/size]
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Donsammi(m): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2013
cant
see any chanqe on mobile .samsung ..atleast put blue colour for forum nt green na..
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by mcevans1(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2013

For visually impaired people like you abi? E go sweet oo..

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Seun(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2013
@onegig: We could have limited the content width earlier, but it didn't look right when we tried it with the former white background. The huge white margins on the left and right were just too distracting. The new background seems to have solved that problem.

@wazobia_for_u: It won't. Making Nairaland load fast on all devices and on all networks is one of our top priorities.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by free2ryhme: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2013
for their mind nah .. they;ve do a great job, abi?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by kramer: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2013
onegig: Like a chat app and other things that makes it a full community.

Chat applications or VIP sections may create cliques which will ruin the camaraderie in naira land.

Previous websites made that mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by toluxa1(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2013

You well? Modes ko, median ni

15 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2013
kramer: Chat applications or VIP sections may create cliques which will ruin the camaraderie in naira land.

Previous websites made that mistake.
Can you name some of those websites?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by onegig(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2013
Seun: @onegig: We could have limited the content width earlier, but it didn't look right when we tried it with the former white background. The huge white margins on the left and right were just too distracting. The new background seems to have solved that problem.
Yeah.. Good observation.

The old style was kinda too wide in terms of the content area... If you used a system with a wider screen you would have to be staring at long lines of text but this makes it much more readable.

Also Seun. Maybe on weekends you can sell the background image space for some more money. There's nothing stopping you from monetizing the site to its fullest.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by kramer: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you name some of those websites?

I would say naijaryders was one of them... When I joined ages ago I just felt out of place, it was as if everyone already knew themselves and I was just famzin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages / . / How Naijaloaded Elevated From Bedroom To A Global Brand – Makinde Azeez Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.