Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus (1207 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Bishop Gerald Glenn Dies Of Coronavirus In US After Holding Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
He practiced what he preached — then he died of coronavirus.

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church. Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, adding, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”

On Sunday, his church announced “with an exceedingly sorrowful and heavy heart” that the pastor had died a week after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

His wife, Marcietia Glenn, is also sick with the bug, with church members offering their prayers.

Their daughter, Mar-Gerie Crawley, told WTVR that her father initially dismissed his symptoms because he has a condition that often leads to fevers and infections.

She is now urging everyone to stay home.

“It becomes very real to you,” she told WTVR after her parents’ diagnoses.

“I just beg people to understand the severity and the seriousness of this, because people are saying it’s not just about us, it’s about everyone around us.”

Culled from the New York Post

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Tell Christians that God does not do stupid.

How irresponsible of this pastor to put his family and the congregation at risk of this deadly virus.

Further evidence of the powerlessness of Christians in the face of sickness.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
He obviously did not talk to God. His foolishness has led to his death and a lot of his believers will doubt him as well as words from men of God. His very own daughter is now urging people to go against what her father said, meaning she herself no longer believes he heard from God. If truly they still believe he heard from God then they can carry on with their services.

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by EzzyCarter: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
smiley
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by StrikeBack(m): 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
lipsrsealed

He obviously wants to see the lord in record time

3 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
DominusPrime:
He obviously did not talk to God. His foolishness has led to his death and a lot of his believers will doubt him as well as words from men of God. His very own daughter is now urging people to go against what her father said, meaning she herself no longer believes he heard from God. If truly they still believe he heard from God then they can carry on with their services.

Correct.

The pastor was selfishly reckless. There will be many more deaths because of his silly actions.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Humanoid01(m): 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
This is what happens when Christians try to dilute the word of God. The book of Romans 13:1-5 clearly states that Christians should submit to the laws of the government. The lockdown isn't an attempt to persecute the church, but to ensure the safety of the people. Why are Christians complicating scripture?

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by karo93: 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
Even his God will reject his soul.

Crazy disillusioned fanatics

4 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Raysleek: 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
If it's TRUE then he died his death. He died for his belief. Some people dont even have anything to die for
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by tyup(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Humanoid01:
This is what happens when Christians try to dilute the word of God. The book of Romans 13:1-5 clearly states that Christians should submit to the laws of the government. The lockdown isn't an attempt to persecute the church, but to ensure the safety of the people. Why are Christians Some Christians complicating scripture?

Always use ur words correctly
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Humanoid01(m): 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
tyup:

Always use ur words correctly
Thanks man.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by BlueRayDick: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2020
“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, adding, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”

I'm sure he's talking to God life and direct now
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by petra1(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2020
sassysure:

Wrong!!! He died in faith.

Philippians 1:21
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by kingxsamz(m): 12:09am On Apr 14, 2020
@ petra1
What's the latest news on 5g and the anti-christ?
The news seems to have died down.
No theories about the 5g this week.
What happened? grin
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by petra1(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2020
kingxsamz:
@ petra1
What's the latest news on 5g and the anti-christ?
The news seems to have died down.
No theories about the 5g this week.
What happened? grin

They should do proper search into the side effect on human health first.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by kingxsamz(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2020
petra1:

They should do proper search into the side effect on human health first.
Oh, now they should do proper research? grin
You're beginning to sound more like pastor Chris after realizing his mistakes ...
What happened to the anti-christ now?
What happened to 5g being the cause of deaths in Wuhan?
Now you want them to do proper research on its effect on human health. grin
I thought you were sure about 5g being the cause of deaths and also the tool for the anti-christ. grin eyah..
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Image123(m): 12:41am On Apr 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're beginning to sound more like pastor Chris after realizing his mistakes ...
What happened to the anti-christ now?
What happened to 5g being the cause of deaths in Wuhan?
Now you want them to do proper research on its effect on human health. grin
I thought you were sure about 5g being the cause of deaths and also the tool for the anti-christ. grin eyah..

Leave him alone, wetin. Is he pastor Chris?
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by LordReed(m): 1:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Raysleek:
If it's TRUE then he died his death. He died for his belief. Some people dont even have anything to die for

Because we have everything to live for.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by LordReed(m): 1:07am On Apr 14, 2020
petra1:

Well what are you waiting for? Why aren't following his example?

2 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 14, 2020
petra1:

Go and deliberately catch it too so u can die in faith cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by slashthroat: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2020
sassysure:

How do scoundrels get the liver to speak for God.?
Matt 7: 1-3 judge not so . . .

You are not God's mouthpiece! Haba!
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Buliwyf: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
petra1:

Nonsense which faith? He died in disobedience. His need to prove he was powerful and unafraid overrode his common sense. Perhaps he was even more concerned about tithes and offerings than the safety of his members.

He has exposed himself as another impotent pastor claiming to talk to God. May he rest in peace and remain an example of why religion is ineffective.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by petra1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Buliwyf:

Nonsense which faith? He died in disobedience. His need to prove he was powerful and unafraid overrode his common sense. Perhaps he was even more concerned about tithes and offerings than the safety of his members.

He has exposed himself as another impotent pastor claiming to talk to God. May he rest in peace and remain an example of why religion is ineffective.

He probably died of something else . They seem to label everything covid-19 These days . Even when it's not related.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by petra1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

He has said the same thing from beginning. You obviously didnt watch the whole programme from beginning
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by kingxsamz(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
petra1:

He has said the same thing from beginning. You obviously didnt watch the whole programme from beginning

Stop dodging my question.
He clearly linked 5g and the anti-christ, he claimed the lockdown was so that Fg could install the 5g. He also stated that what caused deaths in China was 5g, not coronavirus.
You yourself came out and displayed this same ignorance on this forum.
Why all of a sudden, did he come out to say his only concern has been about the health implications of the 5g, that he would love to use 5g right away?
He said "IF" there are health risks, they should look into it. He's not even sure if there were health risks before, but still came out to say all sorts of rubbish.
Answer me, what happened to 5g being a tool for the anti-christ? Where's the zeal you used in typing crap before? grin

Now your pastor came out to say that 3.25 billion people tuned in to listen to his service in over 227 countries. grin abeg how many countries dey this world? What's the population of Christians? grin
Keep making a fool of yourself. grin

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by kingxsamz(m): 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
petra1:

He probably died of something else . They seem to label everything covid-19 These days . Even when it's not related.

Did you even stop to think that the man could have had underlying health issues which he could have survived with good medical treatment?
But due to his ignorance, foolishness and disobedience he caught the virus, making his case even worse.
It's a known fact that people with health issues(especially older folks) are more vulnerable or likely to die from covid-19. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Image123(m): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Now your pastor came out to say that 3.25 billion people tuned in to listen to his service in over 227 countries. grin abeg how many countries dey this world? What's the population of Christians? grin

Did pastor Chris say this? i will be quite surprised because i thought one of the members was just lying for fun in another thread.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by kingxsamz(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Image123:

Did pastor Chris say this? i will be quite surprised because i thought one of the members was just lying for fun in another thread.

Yes he said it with confidence, during his live service.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by Image123(m): 12:23am On Apr 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yes he said it with confidence, during his live service.

It must have been a slip of tongue. Perhaps he meant to say million. Billions will be a direct insult on the intelligence of the audience.
Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by kingxsamz(m): 12:41am On Apr 16, 2020
Image123:

It must have been a slip of tongue. Perhaps he meant to say million. Billions will be a direct insult on the intelligence of the audience.

grin grin grin
Wait, let me give you a link to the video...

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Who Defiantly Held Church Service Dies Of Coronavirus by kingxsamz(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2020
Image123:

grin
Watch the video in the link...

https://twitter.com/SaharaTV1/status/1249740748469211138?s=19

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Muslims Are Asked To Hide The Knowledge Of Allah. Even From The Reverts / Prophecy 2008 By Pastor E.a. Adeboye. / Did Jesus Christ Contradict Himself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.