Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Hearing From Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hearing From Jesus (1159 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / Hope For Daily Living : Why You Have Not Been Hearing From God Clearly / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2020
I often wonder if most Christians have heard directly from the mouth of Jesus. Not through a pastor or church member or parent , but directly from Jesus.

Similarly , I also wonder how many Christians have seen Jesus himself.

As a Christian for over 20 years, I never saw Jesus or heard from him directly, it was always through the bible, sometimes a bible verse that ‘jumped out’ , a pastors message, or a perceived internal voice.

Who is this Jesus that hides from the majority of his church members ? What is he hiding and why is he hiding.

When I used to pray to Jesus over many years, sometimes as long as 3 hours , he never revealed himself to me or spoke with me , I just believed by faith that he heard me.

Many times I fell sick and prayed , but he never healed me despite the quoting of dozens of bible verses to remind Jesus of his promises. He never kept his promises. I saw many brethren go through suffering and despite many prayers , few got a breakthrough.

Why is this Jesus hiding and playing games with human beings ?
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
With all due respect, if you say you're a Christian and still post this, this should be in the Jokes section.
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
EngrOversabi:
With all due respect, if you say you're a Christian and still post this, this should be in the Jokes section.

I am not a Christian ✝️ . That’s my past.

shocked
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Preetti(f): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
frosbel2:

I am not a Christian ✝️ . That’s my past.
shocked
So why are you still obsessed with Christianity?
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Preetti:
So why are you still obsessed with Christianity?

Sharing experiences !
Re: Hearing From Jesus by karo93: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
frosbel2:
I often wonder if most Christians have heard directly from the mouth of Jesus. Not through a pastor or church member or parent , but directly from Jesus.

As a Christian for over 20 years, I never saw Jesus or heard from him directly, it was always through the bible, sometimes a bible verse that ‘jumped out’ , a pastors message, or a perceived internal voice.

Who is this Jesus that hides from the majority of his church members ? What is he hiding and why is he hiding.

When I used to pray to Jesus over many years, sometimes as long as 3 hours , he never revealed himself to me or spoke with me , I just believed by faith that he heard me.

Many times I fell sick and prayed , but he never healed me despite the quoting of dozens of bible verses to remind Jesus of his promises. He never kept his promises. I saw many brethren go through suffering and despite many prayers , few got a breakthrough.

James 4.3 sheds alot of insight that shows that Answers to prayers is not a snap of fingers...... many factors affect that.

If God could do everything he wanted on earth by himself then Jesus wont tell us to pray "your will be done on earth".....not heaven.....earth.....he even asked us to pray that God sends labourers into his own harvest..... his own o....

Bro there are many things that govern Gods operation on earth o.....Man is in charge of this earth and whichever spirit he shares that authority with can reign Psalm 115.16

Christianity downplays many of these facts and while they look dope and flambouyant they eventually give rise to christians like you @op who take one long look at everything and conclude it no longer makes sense.

If you agree with the things i have said you can pose more questions for a wider discourse, if you dont then i pray God gives you a supernatural experience

cos when you have seen that there is something supernatural about christianity then you will be back to face the very same questions you have but this time knowing that you have no where else to run to cool .cheers

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Preetti(f): 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
frosbel2:

Sharing experiences !
Nope,i think you're just looking for validation. May God touch your heart.
Re: Hearing From Jesus by karo93: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
frosbel2:

Continuation...
James 5.14 said if anyone is sick they should call for the elders of the church...

Now while we will not make a doctrine out of it but atleast we can understand why he chose not to say the person should pray for himself.

At the very least it shows us that to get an answer to prayer such as healing you may need a level of power which was assumed to be inherent in someone who has attained the level of elder expectedly by years of training prayer study of the word, impartation etc.

And he didnt ask for one elder....he asked for the elders.....

We wont camp around this idea. It is just a fraction of it......but we can learn something from it about some of the things it takes to get answers to prayers
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
Did you really pray 3 hrs ? I smell troll. grin

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by kingxsamz(m): 12:04am On Apr 14, 2020
Preetti:
Nope,i think you're just looking for validation. May God touch your heart.

God shouldn't waste his time on that young man.
He should rather touch the hearts of Boko Haram members who are responsible for the deaths of innocent children. Perhaps, use them to preach his gospel. What do you think?

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
beardlessdude:
Did you really pray 3 hrs ? I smell troll. grin

Ask anyone about Deeperlifers and their prayer life. 3 hours is even small.
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
frosbel2:

Ask anyone about Deeperlifers and their prayer life. 3 hours is even small.
are you a deeperlifer ?
Honestly you played 3 hrs and didnt expérience God ?

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
beardlessdude:
are you a deeperlifer ?
Honestly you played 3 hrs and didnt expérience God ?

experiencing God is totally different from experiencing jesus
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
frosbel2:

experiencing God is totally different from experiencing jesus

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
beardlessdude:

NO !
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
frosbel2:

NO !
youre bitch dude

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
beardlessdude:
youre bitch dude

You do not have respect for your elders, Lazy uneducated deluded Youth.
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
frosbel2:

You do not have respect for your elders, Lazy deluded Youth.
shut up faggòt liar bitch

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Buliwyf: 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
beardlessdude:
shut up faggòt liar bitch

Look at the guy that experienced God. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nobody makes a mockery of Christianity worse than Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Buliwyf:

And they wonder why no sane person takes them seriously , lol.
Re: Hearing From Jesus by Preetti(f): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

God shouldn't waste his time on that young man.
He should rather touch the hearts of Boko Haram members who are responsible for the deaths of innocent children. Perhaps, use them to preach his gospel. What do you think?
I see your sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Myer(m): 7:36am On Sep 20, 2020
Buliwyf:

Religion does that to people.

Christians by default have been told what to say when they see anyone raise doubts and voice the truth about unanswered prayers and how the bible isn't as reliable as claimed.

The truth us doubt and unbelief is more contagious than faith.

Just as muslims would kill any muslim who denounces Islam. The only difference is Christians may not kill you but ostracized such person.

You have said so much truth on this post but Christian's would rather deny their experiences cos they've been told never to doubt God.

Most believers have never heard God or heard Jesus but only through the bible or their pastors. Yet the bible says all believers will hear God through the Holyspirit.
Re: Hearing From Jesus by ggirl4real: 7:41am On Sep 20, 2020
frosbel2:

OP, I completely agree with you.

Until Christians are able to prove me wrong, hearing from Jesus is all in the mind.

They condition their minds to believe that it is Jesus speaking to them (especially if it the right thing).

They have no prove whatsoever to back up their claims.

Someone will be sick and then go to the hospital to receive treatment and drugs only to go to church and testify that Jesus healed him. The drugs and treatment you received in the hospital was for what? Was it not healing?

They should keep deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Hearing From Jesus by Kobojunkie: 6:48am On Oct 31, 2020
Stop pretending he is insane for posting what is a fact for a majority of so-called Christians out there to this day.
There are so many who have claimed to serve Jesus Christ for all of their life as believers, yet every word out of their word is nothing but vomit of the same doctrine and traditions their minds and souls have fed on sitting in church week after week, under the tutelage of so-called pastors and men of god.

Many so-called believers today have no idea who Jesus Christ is, no clue of His New Covenant(agreement) yet have eaten communion a countless number of times, and cannot even tell you of Jesus Christ commandments to them as those who proclaim to follow Him. You ask the average Christian and they say things like Jesus Christ taught us to love (their idea of love at least) as if the same Jesus Christ did not command woes on the Pharisees, and the lot. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Deliverance From Spirit Of Forgetfulness / I Wanted To Be A Doctor, But I Discovered Typing Amen Cures All Diseases / Altars And Shrines: Power Is Greater Than Power.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.