Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus (1933 Views)

No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / See Akinwunmi Ambode And Jimi Agbaje’s Wives Hugging At A Public Function / …babangida Defends Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Beaf: 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2011
[size=14pt]IBB Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus[/size]
Posted By On January 4, 2011 @ 1:29 pm
By Bukola Lawal

Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida
If  you are one of those guys who are fond of hugging ladies on campuses, then the Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida University, Niger State, is not a place for  you. Authorities of the institution have banned hugging among the opposite gender on the campus and its environs.

The Vice Chancellor of the institution, Professor Ibrahim Adamu Kolo, made the declaration recently and warned that any erring student will face disciplinary  action.

According to the V.C, “anyone caught embracing or hugging any female student will be dismissed from this school, so I implore all of you to adhere strictly  to this directive”. He added that it is immoral for students to indulge in such acts on the campus.

Campus Square gathered that the decision was made when the school authorities realised that the act of hugging between a guy and a lady is not in line with  the  provision of the Islamic legal code.

Speaking with Campus Square, some of the students who spoke on condition of anonymity described the development as an unfortunate one.

“It sounds so  funny and ridiculous. At this computer age, some people are saying that we should not hug ourselves. This is a higher institution for crying  out loud, so it is unfortunate that this is happening,” a student told Campus Square.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/01/04/ibb-varsity-bans-hugging-on-campus/
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Beaf: 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2011
And the clown wanted to rule the country! Thank God he has been swept aside.

Is there any surprise that there are constant religious riots up North with their elite behaving in such unfathomable ways?
For those that don't know, IBB secretly signed Nigeria into the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) as a Muslim country.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Remii(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2011
That is similar to what happens in Madona University, even brother and sister with same parents and surnames are not allowed to stand together.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2011
i'm pretty sure covenant university has similar rules

maybe we should dig up the rules at redeemers university, run by the man gej was paying obeisance to

i'm assuming this ibb uni is a private university, not a public one

EDIT -but wait

here we go again

are there no depths that this thug known as beaf will not descend to in his desperate bid to smear gej's opponents

http://www.ibbuniversity.com/

Ibrahim Babamasi Babangida University (IBBU) is a major educational institution in the heart of Lapai in Niger State of Nigeria. The institution is named in honour a former Nigerian President, General Ibrahim Babamasi Babangida, GCFR.

NATIONAL Universities Commission (NUC) formally recognized IBBU as the 25th state university and the 74th university in the Nigerian university system, just as the state have contributed about N2 billion for the implementation of the university project. The law establishing the IBB university as passed by the Niger State House of Assembly and the Physical Master Plan. The instrument of the recognition of the IBBU was presented to the Governor of Niger State Engineer Ahmed Kure by the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission, Professor Okebunkola.

Beaf:

And the clown wanted to rule the country! Thank God he has been swept aside.

Is there any surprise that there are constant religious riots up North with their elite behaving in such unfathomable ways?
For those that don't know, IBB secretly signed Nigeria into the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) as a Muslim country.

dubious, lying bas-tard

attributing the decision of the university vc to babangida, trying to imply ibb owns the school or has a hand in its affairs

[size=14pt]MODERATORS I RECOMMEND BANNING OF BEAF AND HIS COHORTS.

THEY HAVE BEEN SPMMING THE POLITICS SECTION WITH UNTRUTHS FOR FAR TOO LONG.

MAYBE THEY SHOULD GO AND START THEIR FOX NEWSESQUE WEBSITE WHERE THEY CAN PEDDLE THEIR DESPERATE LIES
[/size]
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2011
Rotflmao grin
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2011
MODERATORS I RECOMMEND BANNING OF BEAF AND HIS COHORTS.

MAYBE THEY SHOULD GO AND START THEIR FOX NEWSESQUE WEBSITE WHERE THEY CAN PEDDLE THEIR DESPERATE LIES

If Beaf happens to be ban, you too stands to be ban!
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Beaf: 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2011
oyb: MODERATORS I RECOMMEND BANNING OF BEAF AND HIS COHORTS.

Dude got jokes!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/317132_ROTFLM_gif474f1382cac6aa709538e551d507cbfc

Abeg, tackle the topic or fly into the night. Ain't you a mod, abi you are just a counterfeit placeholder?
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Sharonf(f): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
Same thing in Covenant University
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
Beaf:

Dude got jokes!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/317132_ROTFLM_gif474f1382cac6aa709538e551d507cbfc

Abeg, tackle the topic or fly into the night. Ain't you a mod, abi you are just a counterfeit placeholder?

i have tackled the topic na cheesy cheesy

i have proven, once again, that you are a desperate, duplicitous failure of a human being, failure of a campaigner, and all round disgrace cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by dayokanu(m): 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2011
Is IBB the owner of the University?

Should we hold Ahmadu Bello responsible for whatever happens at ABU? Nnammdi Azikwe responsible for whatever happens at Unizik or OBafemi Awowolo responsible for atrocities at OAU?

I forget there are Ashi joints on Akin Odesola road in VI, That means Chief Akin Odesola promotes prostitution,

Seriously what happened to the BEAF of old?
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by gerona: 12:10am On Jan 05, 2011
Christians in that university should find their way out now before they start using this as an excuse to behead u people.

With sharia anything ridiculous is possible.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by ekubear1: 5:20am On Jan 05, 2011
It is fine to ban hugging, but not to use religion as the basis for the ban in a public institution.

And it goes w/o saying that blaming this wrong decision of the school on IBB makes no sense.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by fstranger6: 5:28am On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

It is fine to ban hugging, b[b]ut not to use religion as the basis [/b]for the ban in a public institution.

And it goes w/o saying that blaming this wrong decision of the school on IBB makes no sense.
Under a federalist system, they would be able to! cheesy
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by ekubear1: 5:29am On Jan 05, 2011
mr fstranger, how is life. Still in jersey or back to the midwest?
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by fstranger6: 5:32am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^

back in NJ!
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by yorker: 6:08am On Jan 05, 2011
@ Oyb
[i'm pretty sure covenant university has similar rules

maybe we should dig up the rules at redeemers university, run by the man gej was paying obeisance to

i'm assuming this ibb uni is a private university, not a public one

]
And oyb, who are you gan undecided

you stop saying rubish!
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by 9ja4eva: 6:51am On Jan 05, 2011
Covenant is worse.

No cell phones or jeans.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by KnowAll(m): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2011
[size=18pt]It is a private Uni, for crying out loud, if u don’t like there rules get d fuuuuccck out of the place, na by force.[/size]
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by blacksta(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]It is a private Uni, for crying out loud, if u don’t like there rules get d fuuuuccck out of the place, na by force.[/size]

I share the same ideology.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Afam4eva(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
How boring can life be. Thanks God i don't belong to that schl of thought. Which kind life be that.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by texazzpete(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
KnowAll:

What if the rules changed while you're midway into your education? How do you justify 'getting out' then?
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by fstranger6: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
texazzpete:

What if the rules changed while you're midway into your education? How do you justify 'getting out' then?

Transfer to a different school dumb arse!
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by olu77(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Too many angry pple on Nairaland these days. sad sad angry angry wink grin
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Xomba(m): 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2011
May be they want raise pastors nd imams or sharia is gradually rearing it head afta fainting for some years.A.B.U is next
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by HamidO1(m): 12:27am On Jan 09, 2011
Xomba:

May be they want raise pastors nd imams or sharia is gradually rearing it head afta fainting for some years.A.B.U is next

I think they are trying to raise the same type of people been raised in Covenant University and other Universities that do same.
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by HamidO1(m): 12:38am On Jan 09, 2011
Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus

This heading shows how far Beaf can go to mislead people on GEJ's opponents. Babangida's has no university my brother. Despirado
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by HamidO1(m): 12:43am On Jan 09, 2011
9ja4eva:

Covenant is worse.

No cell phones or jeans.

Don't you get?? it's not about the University, It's about who the University is named after,
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by dayokanu(m): 1:46am On Jan 09, 2011
So who do we blame for Covenant University?

Mr Covenant?
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by HamidO1(m): 1:55am On Jan 09, 2011
^^ I'm sure Beaf can answer that because it's only logical to blame Mr Convenant If you are trying to label IBB the owner of a state university.lol
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by honeric01(m): 12:30am On Jan 17, 2011
Now i know most users of NL can't read on their own,

[size=18pt]Is Teslim Balogun the owner of Teslim Balogun stadium?[/size] undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 17, 2011
@Beaf,
Are you honourable enough to apologise to the NL public and even to IBB for the unjust calumny and slander on his person based on assumption & lies (remember Iraq & the mythical WMD)
Be a gentleman!
Re: Sharia - Babangida's Varsity Bans Hugging On Campus by bigdoo: 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2011
Why should anybody go to IBB University? Nothing good can ever come out of BADamosi because it has bad entrenched in it. Something good comes out GOODluck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Which Party Are The Yar'adua Cabals?-cpc / Buhari: Nigeria Will Break In 2015 If… / Meet A 13-year-old Girl With An IQ Higher Than Albert Einstein’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.