Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,596 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) (1470 Views)

Governor Wike Catches Defaulters Of Lockdown (Photos) / El-Zakzaky: Shiite Members Protest In Abuja Despite Lockdown, Rock Face Masks / Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Ebonyitvnews: 10:45am On Apr 14, 2020
There is an ongoing massive destruction of properties including stores, makeshift buildings and over 100 containers at Ishieke in Ebonyi state.

The destruction, Ebonyitvnews gathered took place in the early hours of Tuesday. The destruction and demolition, according to eye witness took the owners of the shops unaware.

Speaking with Ebonyitvnews Correspondent, some of the owners of the shops who were seen crying uncontrollably lamented the loss they have incurred especially as some of them have emptied their account to stock foodstuffs in their shops for the lockdown

We woke up early this morning and met this destruction and demolitions. We didn't expect it. not in this critical period of hardship caused by the lockdown in the state. An eyewitness accounts.

Source: https://ebonyitvnews.com/2020/04/14/massive-demolition-of-shops-and-building-in-ebonyi-despite-lockdown-photos/

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Bilabong(m): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2020
Problem everywhere.

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Uphand: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2020
When did this one happened? Well see my signature below if you have a little capital and want to establish yourself in life
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Auto200: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2020
Too bad
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Garrieveryday: 10:51am On Apr 14, 2020
Na Corona still dey cause this one?
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by sLentlover7778(m): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2020
What If coronavirus is rapture and those dying are saints?... grin grin grin
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Yanmiriflathead: 10:53am On Apr 14, 2020
As A Bonafide Igboman From Anambra State, I Believe The Reason Why We Are Cursed With Bad Leaders Today Is Because Of The Sins Of Ojukwu And Our Forefathers During The Biafrian War

1 Like

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by dhantey324(m): 10:56am On Apr 14, 2020
Our leaders never know where body dey pain dem... They will now feel insulted when they tell them their people are poor. Leave the informal sector alone!! Insensitive lots!
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Citytrend: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2020
People should not commit suicide oo.
Just Imagine this pain in this Coronavirus Lockdown

Abeg joo, I will Build a company Logo or Website for your Product or Company
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Cyberterror: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2020
Umahi doesn't think at all. He is impoverishing his people more all because he wants to turn the town to London. Ebonyi already has the highest poverty rate in Igboland and instead of Umahi to harness the agricultural potential of the state, he is sneaking in to demolish the little they have because in the midst of biting hardship in Ebonyi state.

1 Like

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Cholls(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2020
sLentlover7778:
What If coronavirus is rapture and those dying are saints?... grin grin grin
my brother they've said it. Boredom of staying indoor will cause people to be delusional to imagine conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
Umahi doesn't think at all. He is impoverishing his people more all because he wants to turn the town to London. Ebonyi already has the highest poverty rate in Igboland and instead of Umahi to harness the agricultural potential of the state, he is sneaking in to demolish the little they have because in the midst of biting hardship in Ebonyi state.

A London with hungry people

I am sure his excuse for demolishing them is because they are shanties; eyesore. sad

Poor people
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2020
Brigadier General Dave Umahi...The military administrator of Ebonyi state.

I don't really know if this man thinks he is in competition with anybody. Continue creating more poor people in the name of building another cathedral in Rome..

Everything can't be done once a time. Development is a gradual process and shouldn't be done at the detriment of the people who are the major factor towards such development.

1 Like

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by tyup(m): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2020
An Ijaw granpa once told me an Ipob man's enemy is his fellow Ipob man. I begged to differ stating otherwise, until I toured round South east and confirmed what the old man said sad
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by donsolo4u2c(m): 11:18am On Apr 14, 2020
@ Lala do the needful
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by sLentlover7778(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2020
grin grin grin

Cholls:
my brother they've said it. Boredom of staying indoor will cause people to be delusional to imagine conspiracy theory.
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by iFukSimplyleo: 11:37am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Yanmiriflathead:
As A Bonafide Igboman From Anambra State, I Believe The Reason Why We Are Cursed With Bad Leaders Today Is Because Of The Sins Of Ojukwu And Our Forefathers During The Biafrian War
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Asquare84(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
If the purpose is to beautify the city and urban renewal then the demolition is good
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Earlystar698(m): 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Don't be too quick to judge, the said place might have been marked for long.
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Degentlez: 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
Citytrend:

may God help them
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by mytime24(f): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
Toobad
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by LLobiorah: 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:

So he shouldn't construct that road, that has claimed students and other travelers life, because of the shops? And who told you, he's not harnessing the agric potentials of the state?

The only thing wrong here, is the timing of the demolition based on this pandemic, and then if he did not make plans for compensation.
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by LLobiorah: 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Brigadier General Dave Umahi...The military administrator of Ebonyi state.

I don't really know if this man thinks he is in competition with anybody. Continue creating more poor people in the name of building another cathedral in Rome..

Everything can't be done once a time. Development is a gradual process and shouldn't be done at the detriment of the people who are the major factor towards such development.

For once, I support your submission. The timing of the demolition is wrong, however that road is a necessity. One of the bad major roads in the capital.
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Degentlez: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2020
Citytrend:

already people are loosing their love ones
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by Smithkafors(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2020
LLobiorah:

So he shouldn't construct that road, that has claimed students and other travelers life, because of the shops? And who told you, he's not harnessing the agric potentials of the state?

The only thing wrong here, is the timing of the demolition based on this pandemic, and then if he did not make plans for compensation.
Please if you don't have anything to say you shut up!, which lives,do you live in Ebonyi state?,how many accidents happen in Ebonyi state.Get your information right be spewing rubbish.
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by MiztaFabuloz(m): 9:15am On Apr 15, 2020
If this happened in Lagos or any other state that is not in the East, they will say the government is trying to attack the Easterners.
Now it is their own Governor in one if their own state, they will come and say he has sold his soul to Northerners. Will development ever come without creating room for development?

A lot of people complained then when El Rufai did this to create the Abuja we see today and now many people are enjoying it. Oshiomole did same thing in Benin then and after all the complains those who know airport road and ring road areas can tell the difference till date.

There are much more but we all need to understand that even in the endless corruption from party to party or individual to individual, development can only come through these means.

1 Like

Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by LLobiorah: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Smithkafors:

Please if you don't have anything to say you shut up!, which lives,do you live in Ebonyi state?,how many accidents happen in Ebonyi state.Get your information right be spewing rubbish.

Nah!
You are the one to shut your mouth. An accident happened on that route, leading to the breaking of a girl's leg. Can't recall the exact year, pretty sure is not more than two.
Besides, must I live in ebonyi, to know what's going on? You is so daft, for that silly comment. And must accident happen, before roads are constructed? A dimwitted argument!
Yapping bla bla bla, like the government didn't give them quit notice to evacuate.

Please goodbye, and don't quote back. I don't argue with myopic peeps like you.
Re: Massive Demolition Of Shops And Building In Ebonyi Despite Lockdown (PHOTOS) by LLobiorah: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
MiztaFabuloz:
If this happened in Lagos or any other state that is not in the East, they will say the government is trying to attack the Easterners.
Now it is their own Governor in one if their own state, they will come and say he has sold his soul to Northerners. Will development ever come without creating room for development?

A lot of people complained then when El Rufai did this to create the Abuja we see today and now many people are enjoying it. Oshiomole did same thing in Benin then and after all the complains those who know airport road and ring road areas can tell the difference till date.

There are much more but we all need to understand that even in the endless corruption from party to party or individual to individual, development can only come through these means.

Thank you. No mind these dimwitted beings. They would be the same ones to castigate this present government, and any incoming government, for not fixing this kinda road.

(1) (Reply)

“African Soil Can Feed The World But Their Problem Is “THEIR LEADERS” – Putin / Akinwumi Adesina: Nigerians Should Rally Around USA In Enthroning Accountability / Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.