Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers (1427 Views)

Senate: Obiano’s Wife, Ebelechukwu Kneels Down As Onitsha Traders Pray For Her / Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO / Calabar Seaport Receives 1st Container Vessel In 13 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by neduwealth(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
-Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers From Other Counties After 40 Years (Photos)

There has been outcry from many traders and businessmen who import goods to Nigeria from other countries especially among South Easterners that a seaport be commissioned for them in Onitsha Head bridge so to easing the burden and costs involved in shipping goods to Lagos and then, sending them back to east again. According to many, it will make the price of goods cheaper here in the south eastern and south southern regions as it is in Lagos and other neighbouring states who don't need to start transporting their wares to where they will sell.

Details:http://www.neduwealth.com/2020/10/onitsha-sea-port-jubilation-as-onitsha.html?m=1

See photos below

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by Adeniran90: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
Wow

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by jlinkd78(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by Simplyleo: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
I said:
Simplyleo:
Onitsha port?

When did SE start having water body? 

Oh, i forgot, we are in rainy season, flood everywhere. And we are mistaking some for sea. 

He said:
Kirigidi:
The report says "River Port" not "Sea Port". Lokoja, Baro and some other towns along the River Niger and River Benue also have River ports.
Very funny pipu.

Btw, I still think we should thank gej for this wonderful achievement. Gej really tried for SE.
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by blacknp(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
jlinkd78:
Noted
False news according to Ipob spokesperson Emmanuel Powerful, that is Habib Port, Israel, southeast Palestine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by kufre2010: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Onitsha sea port, is there any sea in the south east? Well , I thing it I'd now real time to fight Lagossians. Because Lagos politicians had been doing anything to destroy any effort in that direction
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by HeadShot: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2020
Simplyleo:

Rubbish....

They have come to spread falsehood and propaganda...

Ordinary Enugu onitsha Express is a death trap..

Considering the size of the South East.. no federal government road ought to be bad... But it's worst in the region...

Shame on Buhari government
Shame on South East Governors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by abc115: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
neduwealth:
-Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers From Other Counties After 40 Years (Photos)

There has been outcry from many traders and businessmen who import goods to Nigeria from other countries especially among South Easterners that a seaport be commissioned for them in Onitsha Head bridge so to easing the burden and costs involved in shipping goods to Lagos and then, sending them back to east again. According to many, it will make the price of goods cheaper here in the south eastern and south southern regions as it is in Lagos and other neighbouring states who don't need to start transporting their wares to where they will sell.

Details:http://www.neduwealth.com/2020/10/onitsha-sea-port-jubilation-as-onitsha.html?m=1

See photos below

Not seaport

River Port , just same as Lokoja, Baro and Jebba
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by abc115: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
kufre2010:
Onitsha sea port, is there any sea in the south east? Well , I thing it I'd now real time to fight Lagossians. Because Lagos politicians had been doing anything to destroy any effort in that direction
Riverport
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by Okoroawusa: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
I Love PMB

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by Simplyleo: 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by Simplyleo: 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
HeadShot:

Rubbish....

They have come to spread falsehood and propaganda...

Ordinary Enugu onitsha Express is a death trap..

Considering the size of the South East.. no federal government road ought to be bad... But it's worst in the region...

Shame on Buhari government
Shame on South East Governors
I understand. Despite the small size of SE, Buhari cannot single out the SE and pump fed govt money into building all its roads to Dubai standard because it is inhabited by igbos.

As we have all seen, the state roads have all been competing with the roads in Paris even though the whole of SE is less than Niger state in size but receiving fed allocation as much as 5 times Niger state.
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
i hope they will not came and say "why was it not taken to enugu" lolz
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by HeadShot: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
Simplyleo:

I understand. Despite the small size of SE, Buhari cannot single out the SE and pump fed govt money into building all its roads to Dubai standard because it is inhabited by igbos.

As we have all seen, the state roads have all been competing with the roads in Paris even though the whole of SE is less than Niger state in size but receiving fed allocation as much as 5 times Niger state.

Like I said earlier
Shame on Buhari
Shame on South East Governors and politicians

Shame on you
Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by BIGGESThead6: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2020
BUHARI really try for IGALA PEOPLE.

Igala will celebrate this great achievement.

IGALA AMAKA

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by BIGGESThead6: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
Simplyleo:

Crime me a River.

HOLD YOUR GOVERNORS RESPONSIBLE

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by BIGGESThead6: 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB

You are a Patriot.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Sea Port: Jubilation As Onitsha Seaport Receives First Set Of Containers by alade26632: 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
See pictures belowNot seaportRiver Port , just while as Lokoja, Baro and Jebba

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Cross River CP Abdulkadir Jimoh Is Dead / Willie Is A Student In Umahi's Infrastructural Developmental Drive / How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.