Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

How To Buy A Domain Name That Is Taken (9 Pro Tips) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Buy A Domain Name That Is Taken (9 Pro Tips) (593 Views)

My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? / How To Buy A Domain Name Already Taken / Please I Want To Buy A Domain Name For My Site I Don't Know How To. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Buy A Domain Name That Is Taken (9 Pro Tips) by tycoon101(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
We often hear from readers who want to buy a domain name that’s already been taken.

If you’re in that position, then you might be wondering how to go about getting hold of a domain name that someone already owns.

The easiest solution would be to find another suitable domain name. However, sometimes this may not be the best option.

In this article, we’re going to share our expert tips on how to buy a taken domain and give you some insider tips on what to watch out for. We will also cover a few proven strategies that you can use if your domain isn’t available.

Note: Unlike other guides on the internet, this resource is based on our actual collective experience of buying premium domains. We have spent anywhere from a few hundred to few million dollars in buying premium domains and established website businesses.

The Basics of Buying a Domain Name That’s Already Taken
All websites need a domain name. It is your website’s address on the internet. See our beginner’s guide on how domain names work if you’re not 100% sure what a domain name actually is.

You can register a new domain name for around $10 – $15 from any of the top domain registrars. Alternatively, you can even get a free domain name when you sign up with hosting companies like Bluehost, Dreamhost, etc.

But what if the domain name you want is already taken?

In that case, you have two options: come up with a different name or buy the one you really want from it’s current owner.

Buying a taken domain name from someone who’s already registered it could be a great move for your business.

However, it’s important to beware of risks and scams, so you don’t waste time or money. That’s why we have put together these tips on how to buy a taken domain as safely as possible.

What to Consider Before Buying a Domain Name
One key question to ask yourself is whether you want to purchase a domain name alone or an established website.

Buying a website, if it’s one that has a consistent track record of making money, can be a great shortcut. It lets you get a READ MORE https://techevangelistseo.com/how-to-buy-a-taken-domain-pro-tips/
Re: How To Buy A Domain Name That Is Taken (9 Pro Tips) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Go buy Facebook domain
Re: How To Buy A Domain Name That Is Taken (9 Pro Tips) by tycoon101(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Nicholas Idoko: My Experience As A Freelance Software Developer | Part 2 / Mobile and Web App / I Would Design The Best Bank That Comes With A Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.