Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million (1318 Views)

Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos) / Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million / Rats Eat Up Bank Notes Worth Over N16 Million After Breaking Into ATM Mac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by cenaman(m): 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
Some technicians who arrived to fix a malfunctioning cash machine in the Indian state of Assam got a shock when they opened it up, report by BBC reveals.

Notes worth more than 1.2m rupees (£13,300; $17,600) had been shredded – and the suspected culprits are rats.

Police said the rodents probably entered the machine through a hole for wiring, the Hindustan Times reported.

Pictures of the chewed cash at the State Bank of India branch in Tinsukia district were widely shared on Twitter.

One shows a dead rodent lying in the debris.
Police official Prakash Sonowal said that the machine had been out of action for about 12 days, the Hindustan Times added.

Technicians who took the unit apart found banknotes of 2,000 and 500 rupee denominations destroyed. They managed to salvage another 1.7m rupees, officials said.

Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
WHAT?!!!!!!

Anyone having a vehicle and wants to venture into the e-hailing platform?
I am a registered driver on bolt and I need a vehicle owner partner that is available for rentals.
Kindly quote me if interested.
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by flejnr(f): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Now wishing I can transform to rat �
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Guliver(m): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by messicruzzy: 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Wonders of the world grin
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by OlawaleBammie: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
A no wan hear story.

all i know is dat in the days of Jerocham, son of uzok, the half brother of uzaiah the son of the daughter of jeram 537AD, Rats has bn the main messengers of the vilage people.

Many certificates had seen their wrath.

Ask mama chibuzo about her asoebi sleeves, even my school pocket was not spared just becos of eja dindin wey a dey park put inside sometimes.

Eatin 17M is not a big deal na, na the work of the village people on that bank manager. grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by EzzyCarter: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
Now, those are money-hungry rats cheesy. They probably migrated from Nigeria grin
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Tpave(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Jesus Christ of Nazareth. So no be only Nigeria animals dey eat and swallow money sha. The only difference is that we can see pictures and evidence here.
For Nigeria eeehhh...No pictures or evidence. Na only ear we go take hear am

1 Like

Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Garrieveryday: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Is this real?
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Sagaciousp: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
These are the specie of rats we have in the Aso rock.
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by HundHunter(m): 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
The rats are hungry due to lockdown and scarcity of food in the streets. Hence there resolution to protest to the people via the ATM vandalisation .
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by CoronaVirusPro: 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Those shreds should be tested in a lab

Looks more like a strategically planned crime
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by DabuIIIT: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
I hate rats
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by OlawaleBammie: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
Tpave:
Jesus Christ of Nazareth. So no be only Nigeria animals dey eat and swallow money sha. The only difference is that we can see pictures and evidence here.
For Nigeria eeehhh...No pictures or evidence. Na only ear we go take hear am

No, jo b say we no wan snap but our rats here are different.

in my corntree, only two rats would eat that money and swallow it, infact there wont b any traceable tracks.

What wil make u realise that it's rat dat did the do is wen one of the rats close the doors after eating, wen rat close door the sound is always differentgrin
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by HisSexcellency(m): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
@Op, this incident happened way back in 2018 nah.
You saw the news today and didn't bother to check date

Check video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1YdRNgyFQ
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Abfinest007(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
human being rat
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Abfinest007(m): 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
the kind of rat that chase buhari from aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Bloggers shaa, this nonsense happened last year, abi last two years, now they have changed it to now undecided
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by rationalhuman(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin
EzzyCarter:
Now, those are money-hungry rats cheesy. They probably migrated from Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by daddytime(m): 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
This old pic and story?

The blogger just begin use phone.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by scoundrel(f): 12:00am On Apr 15, 2020
BBC reveals
Yet no link whatsoever was posted. Rats are highly destructive, so I believe the news to an extent. They however, don’t eat paper. They surely don’t eat money also.
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Emary(f): 12:06am On Apr 15, 2020
scoundrel:

Yet no link whatsoever was posted. Rats are highly destructive, so I believe the news to an extent. They however, don’t eat paper. They surely don’t eat money also.

I can personally attest to the fact that rats chew paper, money, clothing and wood. I've even seen cases where rats chewed into the soles of people's feet.
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by scoundrel(f): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2020
Emary:

I can personally attest to the fact that rats chew paper, money, clothing and wood. I've even seen cases where rats chewed into the soles of people's feet.
They chew and tear apart but don't eat. In the case of the people their soles were eaten.
Re: Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million by Nobody: 4:52am On Apr 15, 2020
These ones na VAMPIRE RATS

(1) (Reply)

Easy Money? Learn The Hidden Secrets Of Yahoo Boys. / . / Nigerian Army Prepare For Bloody Showdown In Niger Delta!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.