Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo (7541 Views)

Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) / Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign / Abia State Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Trapped In America By Corona Virus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by sarrki(m): 3:25am On Apr 15, 2020
Lagos initially emerged as a port city that originated on a collection of islands, which are contained in the present day Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Lagos Island, Eti-Osa, Amuwo-Odofin and Apapa. The islands are separated by creeks, fringing the southwest mouth of Lagos Lagoon, while being protected from the Atlantic Ocean by barrier islands and long sand spits such as Bar Beach, which stretch up to 100 km (62 mi) east and west of the mouth. Due to rapid urbanization, the city expanded to the west of the lagoon to include areas in the present day Lagos Mainland, Ajeromi-Ifelodun and Surulere. This led to the classification of Lagos into two main areas: the Island, which was the initial city of Lagos, before it expanded into the area known as the Mainland.[25] This city area was governed directly by the Federal Government through the Lagos City Council, until the creation of Lagos State in 1967, which led to the splitting of Lagos city into the present day seven Local Government Areas (LGAs), and an addition of other towns (which now make up 13 LGAs) from the then Western Region to form the state.[26]

Lagos, the capital of Nigeria since its amalgamation in 1914, went on to become the capital of Lagos State after its creation. However, the state capital was later moved to Ikeja in 1976, and the federal capital moved to Abuja in 1991. Even though Lagos is still widely referred to as a city, the present day Lagos, also known as "Metropolitan Lagos", and officially as "Lagos Metropolitan Area"[27][28][29] is an urban agglomeration or conurbation,[30] consisting of 16 LGAs including Ikeja, the state capital of Lagos State.[2][31] This conurbation makes up 37% of Lagos State's total land area, but houses about 85% of the state's total population.[2][26][32]

The exact population of Metropolitan Lagos is disputed. In the 2006 federal census data, the conurbation had a population of about 8 million people.[33] However, the figure was disputed by the Lagos State Government, which later released its own population data, putting the population of Lagos Metropolitan Area at approximately 16 million.[note 3] As of 2015, unofficial figures put the population of "Greater Metropolitan Lagos", which includes Lagos and its surrounding metro area, extending as far as into Ogun State, at approximately 21

More

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by sarrki(m): 3:26am On Apr 15, 2020
More

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by CoronaVirusPro: 3:28am On Apr 15, 2020
God bless The Center of Excellence.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by sarrki(m): 3:30am On Apr 15, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Amen

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Niccoloimhotep: 3:31am On Apr 15, 2020
lipsrsealed
Chai, i thought i was Festus the son of commentus cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by sarrki(m): 3:32am On Apr 15, 2020
Eko oni baje

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 15, 2020
This is no beauty
The beauty of a city is its people
I was driving a few days back at night I was scared.
Everywhere scanty.
I miss the sound of buy gala
Pure water tutu Re
Cold water.
Sare wole Oshodi oooooo
I miss my yellow fever lady at Iyana Ipaja junction
That lady Yansh dey make my car auto u turn.
I miss Gbaassss! You Don hit my car, oyinbo repete .
I swear I miss holdup join. Na there I dey reason before I reach house.
And I miss My various hotels and beer joints, La Silva, Hollysee, de dems, the place, yk gardens, 6pm,iya orobo, toyin olobe, iya junction.
I miss Lagos.

For those Christians who wants to know how life after rapture will be... .Here it is.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Businext: 3:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Cool pictures

#stayhome

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by braine(m): 3:43am On Apr 15, 2020
I've been waiting for this thread. Great pictures!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by GreatResearcher: 3:44am On Apr 15, 2020
stop showing me the beauty of any place. show me the end of this virus. am realy tired. first quarter of the year has gone and i havnt achieved 5% of my goals for dis year.

12 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by GreatResearcher: 3:47am On Apr 15, 2020
Shibaraba:
This is no beauty
beauty with hungry inhabitants.

i'd rather stay in a slum with a full tommy than stay in a palace with an dmpty tommy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 15, 2020
Seeing Lagos like this makes me so sad on how Warri in Delta State has fallen.

If not for the war between urhobos, itsekiri and ijaws in Delta State.

Warri precisely will now be the Lagos island of delta state.

The numbers of companies that left Warri to Lagos and porthacourt and Abuja during the war were more than 100.

So many national and international company left Warri and now Delta State and Warri in particular has lost her glory.

The Warri i knew when i was still a kid was 1000 times more beautiful and more modern than the Warri of today.

I'm sure by now if not for the war, Delta State and Warri in particular would have released the population burden from Lagos.

This is what greed, ignorance, bad government and uneducated citizens can do to a city.

It's even funny looking at the fact that the numbers of white people and Asians living in Warri before the war were even more than any state in Nigeria.

When i was a kid, seeing white men and women in Warri was very normal, we see them on traffic, in churches, in the mall, even some came to watch us play Football every afternoon.

I think we as deltans have to go back to the drawing board.

As for the federal government, i think restructuring is what Nigeria needs now.

Let each state start operating like mini country Just like the US of A and in not more than 5 years time, the population of Lagos will reduce by nearly half.

Because by the time each states start developing and building of skyscrapers, investors will come in.

Lots of people don't actually know they skyscrapers are easy to build.

Let the security system be re branded and let us have our state Police and local Police.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

i'd rather stay in a slum with a full tommy than stay in a palace with an dmpty tommy
grin grin grin grin grin grin
POVERTY dey Naija shaaa
While Driving, I once gave a MOBILE POLICE OFFICER #200, Men you need to see how he saluted me.
I was like cry cry cry cry cry.
I had to invite him over for Dinner in my Apartment with his Family.

4 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by internationalman(m): 4:43am On Apr 15, 2020
Softapplez:

The numbers of companies that left Warri to Lagos and porthacourt and Abuja during the war were more than 100.

So many national and international company left Warri and now Delta State and Warri in particular has lost her glory.

The Warri i knew when i was still a kid was 1000 times more beautiful and more modern than the Warri of today.

I'm sure by now if not for the war, Delta State and Warri in particular would have released the population burden from Lagos.

This is what greed, ignorance, bad government and uneducated citizens can do to a city.

It's even funny looking at the fact that the numbers of white people and Asians living in Warri before the war were even more than any state in Nigeria.

When i was a kid, seeing white men and women in Warri was very normal, we see them on traffic, in churches, in the mall, even some came to watch us play Football every afternoon.

Let each state start operating like mini country Just like the US of A and in not more than 5 years time, the population of Lagos will reduce by nearly half.

Because by the time each states start developing and building of skyscrapers, investors will come in.

Let the security system be re branded and let us have our state Police and local Police.

Warri, the only player that put the main player on the substitute bench..

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by omonnakoda: 4:47am On Apr 15, 2020
Softapplez:

Stories that touch. This thread is about Lagos though........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by daddytime(m): 5:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Very beautiful with a drastic cut in the CO2 emissions.

Sotey everywhere don dey green sef.

Just the first day of normal resumption of daily hustle you no go recognize any of these places again. Dem go don use leg and shiit design those green areas.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by sheggsliveth: 6:09am On Apr 15, 2020
Shibaraba:
This is no beauty
The beauty of a city is its people
I was driving a few days back at night I was scared.
Everywhere scanty.
I miss the sound of buy gala
Pure water tutu Re
Cold water.
Sare wole Oshodi oooooo
I miss my yellow fever lady at Iyana Ipaja junction
That lady Yansh dey make my car auto u turn.
I miss Gbaassss! You Don hit my car, oyinbo repete .
I swear I miss holdup join. Na there I dey reason before I reach house.
And I miss My various hotels and beer joints, La Silva, Hollysee, de dems, the place, yk gardens, 6pm,iya orobo, toyin olobe, iya junction.
I miss Lagos.

For those Christians who wants to know how life after rapture will be... .Here it is.

You no call solochuks lol
Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 15, 2020
Softapplez:

the problem is disunity and bad leadership.

Delta State is like the richest state in Nigeria with less population but nothing to show for it.

It's like these three states are cursed

Delta
River
Bayelsa

They own Nigeria and has small population but their own people loot it and give the rest to the northern region.

Such a shame

17 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Corrinthians(m): 6:15am On Apr 15, 2020
It is indeed about time we gave the earth this break. She truly deserves it. I can imagine how happy she would be without us farting into her face through our vehicles, making her sick with ozone layer depletion, greenhouse gases, acid rain and global warming.

The earth has given us so much since we got here, and by my estimation, this is the first time we are giving her back, even though it is for selfish reasons. smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by SoNature(m): 6:18am On Apr 15, 2020
Softapplez:

Niger Delta leaders are the worst in Nigeria. So much money at their disposal and nothing to show for it.

No offense intended, but this is like crying over spilt milk. It still marvels me why the Niger Delta youths allow huge resources to be taken away from the region and used to develop elsewhere.

I am afraid Warri has been damaged beyond repair. Have you noticed that no comedian says anything positive about the town? Sometimes, I wonder how people survive over there

The rate of internet fraud is alarming, to say the least. Maybe when another Urhobo man becomes governor, he will clean up the city

Back to Lagos, no Nigerian state has infrastructure like Lagos. Lagos is more than 50 years ahead of many Nigerian states

But if you take away the Island from Lagos, the city is just like every other slum in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Agberooo: 6:20am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
It is indeed about time we gave the earth this break. She truly deserves it. I can imagine how happy she would be without us farting into her face through our vehicles, making her sick with ozone layer depletion, greenhouse gases, acid rain and global warming.

The earth has given us so much since we got here, and by my estimation, this is the first time we are giving her back, even though it is for selfish reasons. smiley
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Corrinthians(m): 6:21am On Apr 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

But that is not the essence of the thread. Its essense is simply to show us what the city looks like while we remained indoors. It is something to be appreciated if you ask me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by deltateam: 6:24am On Apr 15, 2020
Lagos is beautiful.

Make free money today.
Check my signature.
Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Agberooo: 6:25am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
But that is not the essence of the thread. Its essense is simply to show us what the city looks like while we remained indoors. It is something to be appreciated if you ask me.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Lubumbashi: 6:25am On Apr 15, 2020
Softapplez:

It is not true that the ethnic crisis of 1999 caused the decline of Warri. Even after the crisis, Warri boomed. The turning point was when Shell left town. That sounded the death knell for the once vibrant town. The constant harrassment of oil workers and sabotage of their facilities in the hinterlands of Isoko and Ijaw people was too much for them to bear. Their losses were mounting. Warri has always had an educated population even till today but so many left after Shell and associated servicing companies left. So your point that it has 'uneducated citizens' is false. Maybe in the hinterlands but not Warri. It is a pity that Warri is now a shadow of itself. In Warri schools then it was common to have indians, britons, south americans as classmates! You could even see them trekking home with the natives after school cheesy There was one in particular I used to admire back then and always tried to impress her but she no send me. Inabuihe was her surname. Half Ibo, half American. But she was very white..and very beautiful too. Those days.
If it were possible, Shell should be begged and even given incentives by the Delta State government to return to Warri. Pay them whatever they ask for to return after all, they invested a lot while they were in Warri but the thankless youths could not see beyond their own noses.
I have not lost hope in Warri. The population is still very enlightened but so many others have left. Bring back Shell to Warri. They did a lot to stimulate the economy of Warri something that Chevron doesn't want to do. Restructuring is just a pipe dream. The hausas will never allow it.

7 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Agberooo: 6:33am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

[/s]
Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2020
Corrinthians:
Words of a wise man!
How we wish we have just 12 of your kind on this forum.
How we wish.........

@topic, isn't Lagos just so beautiful? kiss
State of firsts.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2020
Corrinthians:

Hmmmmm, this is deep.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Coldie(m): 7:19am On Apr 15, 2020
SoNature:

Niger Delta leaders are the worst in Nigeria. So much money at their disposal and nothing to show for it.

No offense intended, but this is like crying over spilt milk. It still marvels me why the Niger Delta youths allow huge resources to be taken away from the region and used to develop elsewhere.

I am afraid Warri has been damaged beyond repair

Have you noticed that no comedian says anything good about the town? Sometimes, I wonder how people survive over there

The rate of internet fraud is alarming, to say the least. Maybe when another Urhobo man becomes governor, he will clean up the city

Back to Lagos, no Nigerian state has infrastructure like Lagos. Lagos is more than 50 years ahead of many Nigerian states

But if you take away the Island from Lagos, the city is just like every other slum in Nigeria

Which resource are u talking about?

I hope its not our oil, cause that's not there resources o
Re: The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo by Sanchez01: 7:22am On Apr 15, 2020
You prolly wonder why some people are so mad, hateful, denigrate and claim Lagos is no man's land, it is because its beauty is unrivalled and the answers to their pain are summed up in the pictures.

Lagos is everything they want their region to be but cannot.

As a Deltan, all I am left with is my proud heritage and not the geographical location that is serially violated by selfish beasts who stack up the agony of people in luxury material possessions for their family and girlfriends.

To those warming up to cry Lagos was built with oil money, the glorious state has been standing long before independence and long before oil was discovered.

Èkó o ni bàjé kiss

13 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Owolabo Adelami: Aboola's Defection Not A Threat To APC In Ondo / Electoral Act: Reps Step Down Motion To Override Buhari On Statutory Delegates / 96 Chibok Schgirls Still Missing Despite President Buhari’s Assurance Since 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.