Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) (24655 Views)

Peter Obi: Why Labour Party Was Denied Use Of Stadium In Edo – Obaseki / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? / Peter Obi: Why Tinubu's Social Media Defenders Have Disappeared?- Farook Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by MrNotAgain: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-Zlgv0IAo

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi has explained that the Oba of Lagos, HRH Rilwan Akiolu was not “readily available” when he requested to visit him during his campaign in the nation’s economic capital.

“On my arrival in Lagos, I did ask that I wanted to visit the Oba whom I regard as a father figure,” Obi said Monday on Channels Television’s special election programme, The 2023 Verdict.

It is customary for presidential candidates to pay homage to first-class traditional rulers when they visit states to campaign but controversy had surrounded Obi’s inability to meet the Lagos monarch during his outing in the state.

However, the former governor of Anambra State said the reports that the first-class monarch refused to see him were untrue.

Obi said what happened in Lagos wasn’t unusual as it had happened during his planned visits to traditional rulers in states he had campaigned. According to him, one or two monarchs were not readily available to receive him in the past but they fixed future dates.

He said, “Some even say, ‘Oh, he (Oba of Lagos) refused to see me’. It is not true.

“The truth is that when we arrived, we wanted to do what we want to do: arrive and drive to the palace and see the Oba but we were told that he is not readily available and that we should apply and come at some other date and that we intend to do because he remains a highly respected father to me and to the entire nation.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/13/why-i-couldnt-visit-oba-of-lagos-during-campaign-obi/

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by kay1one(m): 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
Wise man!

275 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by Jalinspy(f): 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
Oba palliative and urchins are tribal bigots still living lives of stone age. They reason with their belly just like fani kayode. They don't care what future beholds for their children. I am voting Obi because through him, 80-90% government illegalities in nigeria will stop. Don't you ever think that Obi and Datti are soft for the job. Steal £1 in their regime, na maximum kiri kiri go get you. My generation coming will be proud of what we achieved through Obi/Datti.

VOTE WISELY

288 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by searchng4love: 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
Obi lies needlessly.

41 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by onidal: 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by updatechange(m): 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
Issorite
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
The more I listen to this man the more I wish election can be tomorrow. I can't wait to vote you sir. You are a bundle of wisdom.

313 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by Massiveglory: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
I keenly observed that our Oba of lagos who is usually publicly political , has been silent and operating in silent mode in this election which is very very unlike him.

Usually, he would have been bragging, issuing threats and commands on who to vote.

Since after the "Nebuchadnezzar" treatment given to him by his subjects , the man has been humble and cautious.

204 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
MrNotAgain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-Zlgv0IAo

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi has explained that the Oba of Lagos, HRH Rilwan Akiolu was not “readily available” when he requested to visit him during his campaign in the nation’s economic capital.

“On my arrival in Lagos, I did ask that I wanted to visit the Oba whom I regard as a father figure,” Obi said Monday on Channels Television’s special election programme, The 2023 Verdict.

It is customary for presidential candidates to pay homage to first-class traditional rulers when they visit states to campaign but controversy had surrounded Obi’s inability to meet the Lagos monarch during his outing in the state.

However, the former governor of Anambra State said the reports that the first-class monarch refused to see him were untrue.

Obi said what happened in Lagos wasn’t unusual as it had happened during his planned visits to traditional rulers in states he had campaigned. According to him, one or two monarchs were not readily available to receive him in the past but they fixed future dates.

He said, “Some even say, ‘Oh, he (Oba of Lagos) refused to see me’. It is not true.

“The truth is that when we arrived, we wanted to do what we want to do: arrive and drive to the palace and see the Oba but we were told that he is not readily available and that we should apply and come at some other date and that we intend to do because he remains a highly respected father to me and to the entire nation.”

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/13/why-i-couldnt-visit-oba-of-lagos-during-campaign-obi/

Mynd44 Nlfpmod Lalasticlala
peter obi its so humble

101 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by tunjiajayi: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
Whatever
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by BossGerald: 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
searchng4love:
Obi lies needlessly.

The thing still dey pain you grin

You never move on with your urchinic and CORNfused life

Cry me a river

196 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by GuyWise101(m): 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Obi is always pure in heart 😍 no bad feelings.

133 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by LegendHero(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lol unserious man.

You want to meet a king the status of Oba of Lagos, you just think you won’t give him notice before the day. The mumu Obi just think when he arrives in Lagos, he will just stroll to the palace like say Lagos Oba useless like all those warrant chiefs for Igbo land that call themselves Obi of Onisha and etc.

If you truly wanted to visit the Oba, you would have given him some few days notice. But instead, You just stepped into Lagos and think you’ll just go to Oba palace immediately like say he no go get other functions.

The foolish Obi even sent some of his Obiidiots to lie that the Oba refused to meet him to satisfy their propaganda.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by chidiebere2020(m): 11:23pm On Feb 13, 2023
Front page

God bless d incoming president,

17 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by VERDA: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2023
LegendHero:
Lol unserious man.

You want to meet a king the status of Oba of Lagos, you just think you won’t give him notice before the day. The mumu Obi just think when he arrives in Lagos, he will just stroll to the palace like say Lagos Oba useless like all those warrant chiefs for Igbo land that call themselves Obi of Onisha and etc.

If you truly wanted to visit the Oba, you would have given him some few days notice. But instead, You just stepped into Lagos and think you’ll just go to Oba palace immediately like say he no go get other functions.

The foolish Obi even sent some of his Obiidiots to lie that the Oba refused to meet him to satisfy their propaganda.

Because he is the only king in Nigeria abi, the Oba of benin, Sultan of sokoto and more important Oba's, Kings, Emirs he visited are not important too abi or its not the same procedure he used to visit those ones abi...

You guys talk like children most times, without any sense. Shift abeg.

182 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by LegendHero(m): 12:09am On Feb 14, 2023
VERDA:

Because he is the only king in Nigeria abi, the Oba of benin, Sultan of sokoto and more important Oba's, Kings, Emirs he visited are not important too abi or its not the same procedure he used to visit those ones abi...

You guys talk like children most times, without any sense. Shift abeg.

Bro, Obi do not want to meet the Oba, all this nonsense he is capping is just format.

Do you mean to say he just stroll to the palace of the Sultan without giving him enough days of notice?

According to him, when he landed in Lagos he instructed his comrade that he will like to go to the palace of Oba. Does that look like someone that’s serious?

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by Praxis758: 1:50am On Feb 14, 2023
The pains and bitterness of the Oba’s palace that was invaded and desecrated during the endsars protest is still fresh in the memory of the king.

This further confirms that the king is not intellectually matured and morally fit to occupy that throne.

Him, the king, being a retired police officer and a core Abacha boy during his days, is using police unintelligent and parasitic tactics to mar his reign.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by sotall(m): 4:49am On Feb 14, 2023
undecided
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by greatman247(m): 4:49am On Feb 14, 2023
To me its a waste of time to even see the king because he is Tinubu's boy and staunch APC supporter. But we careless about all that.

Obi is who we want. obi is the man. I hope he shock the whole country with his victory.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by ORAFA(m): 4:49am On Feb 14, 2023
That guy man oba

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by KingOfTheDamned: 4:51am On Feb 14, 2023
See wisdom

HOW CAN YOU AS A NORMAL HIMAN BEING NOT WANT THIS WISE RESPECTFUL MAN AS YOUR PRESIDENT?

ONLY TOUTS WANT TINUBU, ONLY ILITERATES WANT TINUBU

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by ecolime(m): 4:51am On Feb 14, 2023
Visiting him is not even necessary.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 4:51am On Feb 14, 2023
Calabar is one state that tried to reject old money, n because of that,no business is moving, everything is on standby,people rarely go out or spend.

In Akwa ibom here, yesterday I had to pay POS 113 to get 100k of old money which is still very hot cake here.
Banks are all collecting n selling old money here, businesses are now moving,fillinstations all round collect old money except one which doesn't hv patronage n boys are planing on burning it..

Emefieli messed up, no matter what the supreme court says tomorrow, people won't take old money again to the bank as before.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by drizslim(m): 4:51am On Feb 14, 2023
P.O giving dem presidential vibes

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by cocoboss(m): 4:51am On Feb 14, 2023
Who cares about the irrelevant OBA

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by Emergingnation3(m): 4:52am On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by Sucre6: 4:53am On Feb 14, 2023
searchng4love:
Obi lies needlessly.

Urchin urchinating as expected

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 4:56am On Feb 14, 2023
grin
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) by November1857(m): 4:57am On Feb 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Bro, Obi do not want to meet the Oba, all this nonsense he is capping is just format.

Do you mean to say he just stroll to the palace of the Sultan without giving him enough days of notice?

According to him, when he landed in Lagos he instructed his comrade that he will like to go to the palace of Oba. Does that look like someone that’s serious?
You mean the Disgrace oba, that wa chased out of his palace.😭🤣

35 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Bichi Threatened To Prevent Me From Becoming Kano Governor – Yusuf / APC Vows To Arrest Anyone If They Protest, Disrupt President Tinubu UN Outing / Sule Lamido’s Sons Arrested Over Alleged N10b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.