Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice (1204 Views)

Palliative: Officials Distribute 3 Cups Of Rice With ₦1,000 In Kogi (Video) / Governor Wike Under Fire For Donating 500 Million Naira To Sokoto State / Rivers Lockdown: Gov Wike Inside Helicopter Monitoring Compliance (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Faithful4real(m): 5:05am On Apr 15, 2020
Former National Publicity Secretary of the defunct New Peoples Democratic Party, nPDP, and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, has described the palliative measures put in place by the Rivers State Government to cushion the effect of the COVID -19 lockdown as a serious embarrassment to the sensibilities of the good people of Rivers State.
In a statement made available to media houses in Port Harcourt, Eze maintained that Rivers people deserve more than three cups of rice, few cups of garri and a sachet of noodle as palliative for each family after budgeting a whopping sum of two billion naira (N2B) in this regard.
According to the State opposition party chieftain, “the State government food palliative intervention through its Committee headed by His Excellency, Ambassador Desmond Akawo the newly elected PDP State Chairman though targeted mainly to PDP members, are 3 cups of rice; 5 cups of garri; one sachet of noodles (indomie) for a family.
“I would suggest that rather than humiliate and embarrass PDP members and citizens in such brazen manner and turn them to mere beggars, it would have been best if the government and its agents kept their money and allowed markets to open for free commerce. Families can fend for themselves above such humiliating and ridiculous degrees to which the state has subjected them,” Eze stressed.
Eze further blasted the State Government for allegedly excluding the APC faithful from the palliative intervention and further stated that “the action of the State government has further exposed the ineptitude and recklessness of the PDP administration in attending and addressing issues of critical importance like public welfare etc. “
Source:https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/14/covid-19-lockdown-gov-wike-under-fire-for-allegedly-giving-out-3-cups-of-rice-5-cups-of-garri-to-families-in-rivers/

1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by CoronaVirusPro: 5:07am On Apr 15, 2020
This dude should be left alone.

This is Wike's last term and he needs to loot the treasury empty. Rivers people should try and understand. He has served for a term and let him use this one to amass wealth.

They should learn to appreciate the little given to them. If he decides not to give, nothing will still happen. So why are they wailing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by daddytime(m): 5:14am On Apr 15, 2020
See him looking like an over-fed bulldog.

Greedy lots.

I wonder when the poor citizens of the state will ever get lucky to share from the huge allocate accessible to the state every month if not at this critical time.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by alizma: 6:20am On Apr 15, 2020
I told them that day that the rice will not go any where. Those that were celebrating that day as PDP governor that should be emulate by APC should come and continue their celebration o. You guys can't back out now. Lol

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Corrinthians(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Pdp supporters would spin this one to say he copied the behavior from APC.

On a second thought, I feel they might be reluctant to do so because of what he did to Easterners yesterday, calling them thieves - a characterization they were miffed by, expectedly.

Maybe we might have to wait for a while before we start seeing their wholesale defence of the crude brute of a governor once again, their anger towards him is still fresh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Agberooo: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:

On a second thought, I feel they might be reluctant to do so because of what he did to Easterners yesterday, calling them thieves - a characterization they were miffed by, expectedly.

Maybe we might have to wait for a while before we start seeing their wholesale defence of the crude route of a governor once again, their anger towards him is still fresh.
[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Agberooo: 6:43am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:

Maybe we might have to wait for a while before we start seeing their wholesale defence of the crude brute of a governor once again, their anger towards him is still fresh.
[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Agberooo: 6:46am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

This is Wike's last term and he needs to loot the treasury empty. Rivers people should try and understand. He has served for a term and let him use this one to amass wealth.

They should learn to appreciate the little given to them. If he decides not to give, nothing will still happen. So why are they wailing.
[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by nony43(m): 6:52am On Apr 15, 2020
The Apostolic church here close to me got a tuber of yam. Like a big Church of over 700 members are to share a tuber of yam cheesy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59am On Apr 15, 2020
Corrinthians:

Lol, you know the attitude, characters of these wailers like the back of your hands.
Nothing more to say, you've said it all Chairman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:00am On Apr 15, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by pyyxxaro: 7:28am On Apr 15, 2020
post=88457593:

Lol, you know the attitude, characters of these wailers like the back of your hands.

Since this lockdown , how many times you don barbecue fish give your cone head APC supporters

Abeg try fry or barbecue something for them , for my area hunger won finish them oh

If naaa even breastfish or ebafish just bring something for them

God go bless you lipsrsealed
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Activistman(m): 7:30am On Apr 15, 2020
This is so pathetic. Imagine just three cups of grains given to people in this difficult time. Only time will tell between the people and their so-called oppressors.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by DanseMacabre(m): 7:30am On Apr 15, 2020
Lmao. Three cups of rice

As daily ration or what

Wike don cast...
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2020
pyyxxaro:

Since this lockdown , how many times you don barbecue fish give your cone head APC supporters
Abeg try fry or barbecue something for them , for my area hunger won finish them oh
If naaa even breastfish or ebafish just bring something for them

God go bless you lipsrsealed
First of all we don't bring what we do to help out as much as we can to Nairaland or anywhere on social media.
But to make you happy, go to our posts 3 weeks back and find the only 3 posts we made about somethings all of us @ did just 3 days into the LOCKDOWN (and keep on doing) just to encourage anyone that can do the same thing in their neighborhood.

We've given you a full minute to reply you this early morning,
and we don't do that everyday,
Today will be a good day for you o pyxxaro,
Watch out for something good.
Bye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Evablizin(f): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2020
Covid-19 very surely pass away and this hunger strike will be over. God dey sha.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Agberooo: 8:03am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
post=88457593:

[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Agberooo: 8:03am On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author= post=88457604][/quote]
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Dakad: 8:06am On Apr 15, 2020
What do you expect when a governor can't find any credible neutral person in Rivers to head the distribution committee but PDP State Chairman. From day one, I know the palliative will do exactly the opposite which is to further increase the already bad situation.

My opinion is why can't the local, state ,Federal and all the individual sharing be merged and CBN use BVN of Nigerian to check individual acct history for say within the last two months. Any one who has less than 10k balance within thus period should be credited with say 20k. I know majority will not like this bcs it will not get to most people including me but I don't care. Any one that has money in his acct to sustain for say a month isn't poor from my definition of poverty

How will you be sharing palliative to people who are already civil servants and earn income even without going to work, I don't get this. This useless leaders from top to bottom know the right thing but since they will not benefit by looting the fund, it's a no no for them. Imagined, how much the politician would have looted in the name if sharing 20,000 cash to the Vulnerable by FG to food sharing by the state government. How on earth will any sane person hand over cash to contractor to share to people by only ticking their name from a register.
Who do us for this country!!!!!! embarassed
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Agberooo: 8:11am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
post=88458215:

First of all we don't bring what we do to help out as much as we can to Nairaland or anywhere on social media.
But to make you happy, go to our posts 3 weeks back and find the only 3 posts we made about somethings all of us @ did just 3 days into the LOCKDOWN just to encourage anyone that can do the same thing in their neighborhood.

We've given you a full minute to reply you this early morning,
and we don't do that everyday,
Today will be a good day for you o pyxxaro,
Watch out for something good.
Bye!
[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Aphroditee(f): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2020
If I see 3cups of rice right now I'll be happy
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by IceColdVeins(m): 8:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Really?
Aphroditee:
If I see 3cups of rice right now I'll be happy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice by Aphroditee(f): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
IceColdVeins:
Really?
Yeah

(1) (Reply)

US Xtians Protest With Guns. Nigerian Xtians With Prayer & Fast / Don’t Be Afraid Of Prison, Return Home & Fight – MASSOB Tells Nnamdi Kanu / APC Governors, Stakeholders Await Buhari's Intervention In Edo APC Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.