Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,865 members, 7,851,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls (662 Views)

Edo: Heavy Security, As INEC Begins Distribution Of Sensitive Materials (Photos) / Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / I Gave 4 Important Ministries To Area I Didn’t Record Much Votes—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by naptu2: 9:39am On Apr 15, 2020
A lot of people in Lagos have been worried about what the so called "area boys" will do during this lock down. They believe that the "area boys" might turn to crime if they can't get enough money to buy food to eat.

Well, the Lagos State Government has commenced the distribution of food to area boys and girls in the state. The area boys and girls are called "good boys and good girls" by the government.

The food was donated by Cactus Restaurant on Victoria Island.

This was made known by the chief press secretary of the Lagos State governor, Mr Gboyega Akosile.

Gboyega Akosile @gboyegaakosile

The Lagos State Resilience Office (LASRO) has started dailiy food supplies to minimum of 250 "good boys and girls" in parts of Lagos. The prepared meal is donated by Cactus restaurant as part of support in the #COVID19 lockdown. Lagos is a resilient city, we will win the battle.

https://twitter.com/gboyegaakosile/status/1250326529608790019

Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by naptu2: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2020
More.

It appears to me that these pictures were taken at Race Course Bus Stop.

Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by KmniAutos(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2020
Let them do the needful ASAP
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by Garrieveryday: 9:41am On Apr 15, 2020
Good development. Hunger dey.
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by Abidob(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2020
A very good gesture
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by Chicagoesontop: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2020
Where is the supposed social distancing here ??
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by thesicilian: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2020
Well, no matter how bad they appear to be, area boys are still citizens and deserve to benefit from the government intervention.
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by sapientia(m): 9:44am On Apr 15, 2020
If you check my posts, I have never been a fan of Sanwo Pontius Pilate as I prefer to avoid threads about him for lagosians.

But I have been praising him since this covid 19 saga started. I will always be against godfatherism even if Tinubu made a good choice with Sanwo.

Dude have been trying, if you deny that, you are a hypocrite.

Lagos state actively uses area boys and girls, so they will know how to locate them. What is now now the work of MC Oluwo is they don't.

Once again, very nice move by one of the 36 presidents of Nigeria Sanwo Pontius Pilate, I equally urge the remaining 35 presidents to to be pro-active and do same.

Law abiding citizens should not also be forgotten because area boys and girls have no monopoly over breaking laws to meet ends.
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by donbachi(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2020
Who belleful go hungry again.
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by tayebest(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2020
In Lagos, area boys, aka agbero, are elites and are almost above laws.

Please foreigners, if you are here, don't joke with them cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by Cholls(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2020
my brother why na...you're too presumptuous. They said Good boys and girls not Area boys and girls.
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by Beremx(f): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2020
You mean One Million Boys and Awawa boys? Please they should feed them if that will stop them from terrorizing we “poor and vulnerable citizens “ grin grin
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by nero2face: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2020
Pliz don't forger to add small weed to the package, area boys don't feed on food alone...they must smoke too...yeye country

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by RuddyFusion(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2020
And they can't even efforce social distancing
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by Adaogwashi1(f): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2020
naptu2:
A lot of people in Lagos have been worried about what the so called "area boys" will do during this lock down. They believe that the "area boys" might turn to crime if they can't get enough money to buy food to eat.

Well, the Lagos State Government has commenced the distribution of food to area boys and girls in the state. The area boys and girls are called "good boys and good girls" by the government.

The food was donated by Cactus Restaurant on Victoria Island.

This was made known by the chief press secretary of the Lagos State governor, Mr Gboyega Akosile.

Gboyega Akosile @gboyegaakosile

https://twitter.com/gboyegaakosile/status/1250326529608790019
Livingsage Tinubu is paying his one million gang robbers off grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by Psittacus(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2020
commendable. Thanks to the restaurant...
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by tayebest(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2020
RuddyFusion:
And they can't even efforce social distancing

Wetin concern agbero and social distancing grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Government Begins Distribution Of Food To Area Boys & Girls by RuddyFusion(m): 7:19am On Apr 18, 2020
tayebest:

Wetin concern agbero and social distancing grin grin grin

Lolz

(1) (Reply)

Did Buhari's Government Deliberately Kept Abba Kyari's Death From Nigerians? / COVID-19 Palliatives Found On Sale In Market / Dino Melaye Surprises Banana Hawkers With Stack Of Cash (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.