Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO (1441 Views)

Trump Turns Against Fox News As Reality Of Election Loss Sets In / Donald Trump Turns To Laughing Stock During UN General Assembly. / (pic)donald Trump Turns An 11 Year-old Entrepreneur Into Millionaire Contractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Finnese001: 11:40am On Apr 15, 2020
WASHINGTON D.C – President Trump has just cut-off the WHO from funds, in an order carried out on Tuesday. The president is demanding that questions are answered surrounding their failure to warn the international community on the nature of the coronavirus.
The WHO receives tremendous funding from Bill Gates’s supposed philanthropy. Trump’s order will affect the part of the WHO’s funding that comes from the US government. As a consequence, much of WHO’s policies especially in areas of family planning and vaccination policy world-wide, are heavily influenced by a number of Bill Gates’ controlled groups, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Linsey McGoey, Professor of Sociology at the University of Essex, UK, and author of No Such Thing as a Free Gift: The Gates Foundation and the Price of Philanthropy, is profoundly skeptical of philanthropy as a whole, claiming it can actually sometimes harm democracy in the long run: “Philanthropy can and is being used deliberately to divert attention away from different forms of economic exploitation that underpin global inequality today” she told MintPress News .
As Foreign Affairs noted, “few policy initiatives or normative standards set by the World Health Organization are announced before they have been casually, unofficially vetted by Gates Foundation staff.” In this sense, his wealth is extraordinarily anti-democratic, giving him veto power over the decisions and directions of organizations that should be collectively made by the highest representatives of the world’s population, not by one very rich man. And Gates is far from omnipotent, holding many of the patronizing assumptions about developing countries and how best to organize the world that one would expect a rich American tech geek to hold.
McGoey spells out the problem with this corporate attitude to development:

"The Gates Foundation has spent twenty years relentlessly championing ‘business solutions’ to inequality and poverty. Through this corporate approach, Mr. Gates personally and the Gates Foundation more generally have enhanced the power and clout of corporations at every level of decision-making, at the regional, national and international level. The Gates Foundation has helped make philanthropy a handmaiden to corporate power rather than helped to empower the non-profit sector to act as a check on corporate profiteering and abuses of power.”

TRUMP’S CRITICISMS OF THE WHO MOUNT

The president criticized the WHO for criticizing his travel ban on China during the early days of the coronavirus pandemic.
While it would appear that Trump’s punitive measures aimed at the WHO are in fact meant to continue to draw a line in the sand between his policy and those of Bill Gates and Dr. Fauci, Trump chose a cautious path in attacking the WHO’s early recommendations. Trump believes that these recommendations were misleading, and tended to aid in the spread of the virus.
“The WHO’s attack on travel restrictions put political correctness above life-saving measures,” Trump said.
This decision was announced by the president at a press conference in the Rose Garden on Tuesday.
Furthermore, the president articulated that the WHO played a role in “mismanaging and covering up” the rates of coronavirus contagion in its earliest stages around the world.
“The WHO pushed China’s misinformation about the virus, saying it was not communicable and there was no need for travel bans,” he said.
Trump further cast aspersions on the Gates dominated global health group for relying too much on Chinese information, despite the United States paying a majority of their funding. In Trump’s view, the US should not be funding any organization which places the lives of Americans in jeopardy.
“The WHO’s reliance on China’s disclosures likely caused a twenty-fold of cases worldwide, and it may be much more than that,” he said.
Trump went further to point out that the WHO had not investigated information found to be credible relating to the virus itself. Based on his assessments, China withheld critical information and in addition, the WHO itself did not acquire samples of the virus so that other scientists could begin to investigate the nature of the novel corona virus which causes Covid-19
Tying the WHO’s mismanagement to Chinese policy, the president castigated China for spreading false information and for disappearing medical researchers who were critical of the initial Chinese response at the end of last year.
“Had the WHO done its job to get medical experts into China to objectively assess the situation on the corned and to call out China’s lack of transparency, the outbreak could have been contained at its source,” he said.
Trump’s freeze on funding is pending a review – it appears that the president is looking for an apology and full disclosure from the organization. Such information may furthermore help investigators understand the real connection between the WHO policy and the influence of Bill Gates.
“If we cannot trust that, this is what we will receive from the WHO, our country will be forced to find other ways to work with other nations to achieve public health goals,” Trump said.

https://www.fort-russ.com/amp/2020/04/major-trump-turns-fire-on-bill-gates-who-cuts-off-funding-in-bold-move/

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Loveprick: 11:43am On Apr 15, 2020
Ok. Hmmmm.
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2020
Almighty GOD continue to put Donald Trump Ahead of the Enemies..

Preserve and Protect Him, His Family and all who truly are with Him..

Expose and Delete all the Household Enemies and Globalist agents of the Nwo and One World Government Around Him in JESUS NAME I PRAY...

AMEN

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Guide777(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2020
Trumpet sound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by StreetFight: 11:48am On Apr 15, 2020
Guide777:
Trumpet sound.

Evans the kidnapper has stolen the Trumpet and kidnapped the Trumpeter
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by rejoice4eva(m): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2020
If Trump with vast amount of information at his deck, can be weary of this Gates , I think there is a lot hidden from us. And we need to beware of those who defend him at all cost. They may be agents of calamity and destruction pretending to be angel of God but with sinister motive.
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by ozoebuka1(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2020
StreetFight:

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness. You don't sound mentally balance.
so sayeth a mentally fit street fighter! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by sanmtiago(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2020
just imagine at this perilous times trump is trying to politicize everything and still pointing fingers trying to find scapegoat. This man can be insensitive at times

1 Like

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Guide777(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2020
StreetFight:

There is no street fight here.
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by FactBoyz: 11:58am On Apr 15, 2020
God bless Donald J. Trump
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2020
StreetFight:

You still can't change what Trump has done
So stop crying
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Flyingngel(m): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Time will reveal the make up of Bill Gate.
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Xisnin(m): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
Fake news by conspiracists.
The article has nothing to do with Gates.

1 Like

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Xisnin(m): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
StreetFight:

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness. You don't sound mentally balance.

How can he be?
He belongs to the apron-wearing cult.
They have exchanged their brains for a "bulletproof" apron.
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
rejoice4eva:
If Trump with vast amount of information at his deck, can be weary of this Gates , I think there is a lot hidden from us. And we need to beware of those who defend him at all cost. They may be agents of calamity and destruction pretending to be angel of God but with sinister motive.

I really do not like the way all this is playing out.
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by seunmsg(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chosen1984:
Almighty GOD continue to put Donald Trump Ahead of the Enemies..

Preserve and Protect Him, His Family and all who truly are with Him..

Expose and Delete all the Household Enemies Around Him in JESUS NAME I PRAY...

AMEN

Donald Trump is a failure and I think it’s now obvious to everybody. His catastrophic handling of Covid-19 outbreak has finally shown that he’s very incompetent. Unfortunately for him, he can no longer put the blame of his failures on Obama and the mainstream media so he has decided to pick on the WHO as a convenient scapegoat.

Sadly for him, this will also backfire. Covid-19 is a global problem that requires a global response. No country in the world will be totally free of the virus until the virus is eradicated in all countries or there is a vaccine. So you see, the role of WHO is very critical at this point. This is not the time to turn the WHO to a political football that can be kicked around at will. This is the time to rally support for WHO.

Crippling the organization at this point in time will drastically affect the ability of so many developing countries to battle the pandemic. At the end of the day, another cycle of outbreak is imminent. When it happens, Trump would wish he didn’t take this ill motivated political decision.
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
seunmsg:

Donald Trump is a failure and I think it’s now obvious to everybody. His catastrophic handling of Covid-19 outbreak has finally shown that he’s very incompetent. Unfortunately for him, he can no longer put the blame of his failures on Obama and the mainstream media so he has decided to pick on the WHO as a convenient scapegoat.

Sadly for him, this will also backfire. Covid-19 is a global problem that requires a global response. No country in the world will be totally free of the virus until the virus is eradicated in all countries or there is a vaccine. So you see, the role of WHO is very critical at this point. This is not the time to turn the WHO to a political football that can be kicked around at will. This is the time to rally support for WHO.

Crippling the organization at this point in time will drastically affect the ability of so many developing countries to battle the pandemic. At the end of the day, another cycle of outbreak is imminent. When it happens, Trump would wish he didn’t take this ill motivated political decision.
[/s]

Comprehensive Gibberish

1 Like

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by traihit: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
sanmtiago:
just imagine at this perilous times trump is trying to politicize everything and still pointing fingers trying to find scapegoat. This man can be insensitive at times

I'm indifferent to his decision as regards the WHO. But I wish you read the entire post and see how a leader reasons. I have my biases for him but this guy somehow has Americans' interests at heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by sanmtiago(m): 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
traihit:

I'm indifferent to his decision as regards the WHO. But I wish you read the entire post and see how a leader reasons. I have my biases for him but this guy somehow has Americans' interests at heart.
the guy is just too complicated to be a leader although he is still smart
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by traihit: 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
sanmtiago:
the guy is just too complicated to be a leader although he is still smart

Really, he's a complicated guy.

1 Like

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
Guide777:
Trumpet sound.
Hmm that's his name in the spirit realm.

God said I will send a trumpet and he shall blow twice...
Trump will rule again

1 Like

Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Finnese001: 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lamb101:
Hmm that's his name in the spirit realm.
God said I will send a trumpet and he shall blow twice... Trump will rule again

lol, you're so funny man grin
Re: MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Finnese001:

lol, you're so funny man grin

you were meant to laugh because it doesn't add up to your logic. cool

(1) (Reply)

Iran Is Importing Jihad Into Nigeria: / Xe Services (formerly Blackwater) In Somalia Training Combat Forces. / It Takes Idiots To Be Ruled By Fools - Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.