Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Redmi Phones Consumes Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Phones Consumes Data (1342 Views)

Which App Consumes More Data On Your Phone The Most? / Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? / Help!!! My New Redmi 9T Consumes Data Unnecessarily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Phones Consumes Data by fermims: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Plz house i saw that on nairaland dat REDMI PHONES saps data. Users what do u have to say on dz.What cud b d reasons for such experience?
Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by DarkJeddi(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
Xiaomi phones do not consume any more data than other phones..

I know because I have been using one for the past 16 months..

Check your data usage..

Know which App you are using that's zapping your data..

Block or restrict such Apps..

Don't guzzle your data and turn around to blame the phone.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by fermims: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lolz
Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by Ejadike(m): 6:14am On Apr 20, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Xiaomi phones do not consume any more data than other phones..

I know because I have been using one for the past 16 months..

Check your data usage..

Know which App you are using that's zapping your data..

Block or restrict such Apps..

Don't guzzle your data and turn around to blame the phone.. shocked
block and restrict the app? What if it's Google Chrome or Whatsapp, he should block and restrict it?
Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by DarkJeddi(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Ejadike:
block and restrict the app? What if it's Google Chrome or Whatsapp, he should block and restrict it?
You block and restrict Apps that you don't want to be consuming your data,that is common sense..

And the amount of freedom you give to an app to access your data can be regulated..

Also,will Whatsapp and Chrome consume your data if you don't make use of them? shocked

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by Ejadike(m): 9:03am On Apr 20, 2020
DarkJeddi:
You block and restrict Apps that you don't want to be consuming your data,that is common sense..

And the amount of freedom you give to an app to access your data can be regulated..

Also,will Whatsapp and Chrome consume your data if you don't make use of them? shocked
I said, what if it's Google Chrome and WhatsApp he uses more that consumes more data, should he go ahead to restrict them?
Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by Iniobon(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2020
download "data eye" app and block all the apps in your phone. You grant access to app you wish to use for 10mins where necessary.
Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by encryptjay(m): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2020
WhatsApp stories All those comedy skits on Instagram Facebook YouTube I've seen guys doing these stuff and lament about data usage.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by DarkJeddi(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2020
Ejadike:
I said, what if it's Google Chrome and WhatsApp he uses more that consumes more data, should he go ahead to restrict them?
You can't eat your your cake and have it.. shocked

The Google Chrome and WhatsApp you are using..

Are you not supposed to use it with data?

The data that they are consuming are you not the one using it?

Is there any phone that allows you to use them without data?

No be by force to use Chrome and WhatsApp..

If you don't want them to eat your data,then uninstall or restrict them..

You watch Whatsapp video and download movies with Chrome and you want to blame the phone for that? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by PrettyBunny(f): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2020
When are we going to stop blaming phones for our data consumption? you can't use Whatsapp, stream youtube all day, check instragram throughout, download music and all that shits and expect your data to take you for the whole month. People should learn to cut down on their data usage and stop blaming phones for it. Or, you can increase your data subscriptions for the months too. I know how i use my data and so, when it finishes, i don't ever complain.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by skywalker240(m): 9:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
fermims:
Plz house i saw that on nairaland dat REDMI PHONES saps data. Users what do u have to say on dz.What cud b d reasons for such experience?
please am looking for xiaomi to buy o, abeg if you don tire, sell am for me na beg i de.
Re: Redmi Phones Consumes Data by korban3134(m): 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
fermims:

Redmi & Xiaomi phones (especially those running MIUI) are one of the best smartphones for "data & app mgt"

Its one of the few brands in the market that has a dedicated app(follow-come) that provides "Full Data Restriction" to every single app in the phone both Default & Third Party.

Access this function via the "Security App"

Additionally, there are some simple steps you can take before blaming your innocent device

* Disable media auto download on WhatsApp
* Switch to "Facebook Lite app"
* Exercise self control when using Instagram there's no other way to manage this one
* Set your browsers to medium or low image quality
* Lastly familiarise yourself with data usage statistics of ur Redmi device...this tells u specifically which apps are draining your data

By the way, are you really using a Xiaomi/Redmi Device Coz you never clearly stated it...hope you're not a "coded de-marketer)

(1) (Reply)

Buy This HUAWEI Ascend Mate7, Very Clean At Very Cheep Price / First Bank Wahala / Tecno Spark 5 Slow Charging Problem After Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.